Will Trump seek asylum in Israel and Build the 3rd Temple?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.

Half the country and most of the world-- HATE Israel. At best he would prop up support among Christian evangelical zionists and some Jews (only the religious ones). Zealots all.

It wouldn't be a popular move-- but it would be a move in a certain direction.
See your point.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He's a facilitator.

The right question is-- what happens next?

Sacrifices! Let's do sacrifices! The saddest thing ever is that there are so many Christians who see this as the right direction. Like restoring the temple and the sacrificial system is some sort of solution.
Amen. And he might even be more than a facilitator.....the Jews in Israel idolize him and believe he is a Cyrus and even have issued a Temple coin with his image on it. A Temple coin is what gains the worshipper admission to the Temple. If you look at the Cyrus prophecy it is mentioned more than once that he would build God's house. This all seems to be leading to something that is not good at all, at all. So important to guard our hearts and not make an idol out of anyone!

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I mean is that there are other things that God calls abomination. And I suspect the following is what most likely applies to the abomination of desolation:

Isa 66:1-7

Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.

I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not. (as we know Israel rejected the new covenant and the High Priest of it, and chose instead to continue in their sins and in the old covenant temple sacrifices, while persecuting the church of the new covenant.)

Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.

A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the LORD that rendereth recompence to his enemies.

Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child. (Israel gave birth to Christ before her labour pains came upon her in 70AD)

A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. 2 She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth. 3 Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads. 4 Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that it might devour her child the moment he was born. 5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, who “will rule all the nations with an iron scepter.”And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne. 6 The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

We have a dual purpose prophecy here.

The "enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads." was not in present at the time of Christ.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. And he might even be more than a facilitator.....the Jews in Israel idolize him and believe he is a Cyrus and even have issued a Temple coin with his image on it. A Temple coin is what gains the worshipper admission to the Temple. If you look at the Cyrus prophecy it is mentioned more than once that he would build God's house. This all seems to be leading to something that is not good at all, at all. So important to guard our hearts and not make an idol out of anyone!
Please post the scriptures of "If you look at the Cyrus prophecy it is mentioned more than once that he would build God's house. "

Thank You

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Keeping in mind that Cyrus was anointed by God to do the things he did.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Please post the scriptures of "If you look at the Cyrus prophecy it is mentioned more than once that he would build God's house. "

Thank You
Sure, no problem:

2Ch 36:23

Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, All the kingdoms of the earth hath the LORD God of heaven given me; and he hath charged me to build him an house in Jerusalem, which is in Judah. Who is there among you of all his people? The LORD his God be with him, and let him go up.

Ezr 1:2

Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, The LORD God of heaven hath given me all the kingdoms of the earth; and he hath charged me to build him an house at Jerusalem, which is in Judah.

Isa 44:28

That saith of Cyrus, He is my shepherd, and shall perform all my pleasure: even saying to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be built; and to the temple, Thy foundation shall be laid.

Isa 45:13

I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the LORD of hosts.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure, no problem:

Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, All the kingdoms of the earth hath the LORD God of heaven given me; and he hath charged me to build him an house in Jerusalem, which is in Judah. Who is there among you of all his people? The LORD his God be with him, and let him go up.

Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, The LORD God of heaven hath given me all the kingdoms of the earth; and he hath charged me to build him an house at Jerusalem, which is in Judah.

That saith of Cyrus, He is my shepherd, and shall perform all my pleasure: even saying to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be built; and to the temple, Thy foundation shall be laid.

I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the LORD of hosts.

Independent of scripture, Josephus records the decree of Cyrus like this>>>

I have given leave to as many of the Jews that dwell in my country as please to return to their own country, and to rebuild their city, and to build the temple of God at Jerusalem on the same place where it was before. I have also sent my treasurer Mithridates, and Zorobabel, the governor of the Jews, that they may lay the foundations of the temple, and may build it sixty cubits high, and of the same latitude, making three edifices of polished stones, and one of the wood of the country, and the same order extends to the altar whereon they offer sacrifices to God. I require also that the expenses for these things may be given out of my revenues. Moreover, I have also sent the vessels which king Nebuchadnezzar pillaged out of the temple, and have given them to Mithridates the treasurer, and to Zorobabel the governor of the Jews, that they may have them carried to Jerusalem, and may restore them to the temple of God. Now their number is as follows: Fifty chargers of gold, and five hundred of silver; forty Thericlean cups of gold, and five hundred of silver; fifty basons of gold, and five hundred of silver; thirty vessels for pouring [the drink-offerings], and three hundred of silver; thirty vials of gold, and two thousand four hundred of silver; with a thousand other large vessels. (3) I permit them to have the same honor which they were used to have from their forefathers, as also for their small cattle, and for wine and oil, two hundred and five thousand and five hundred drachme; and for wheat flour, twenty thousand and five hundred artabae; and I give order that these expenses shall be given them out of the tributes due from Samaria. The priests shall also offer these sacrifices according to the laws of Moses in Jerusalem; and when they offer them, they shall pray to God for the preservation of the king and of his family, that the kingdom of Persia may continue. But my will is, that those who disobey these injunctions, and make them void, shall be hung upon a cross, and their substance brought into the king's treasury.".

Reactions: Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Independent of scripture, Josephus records the decree of Cyrus like this>>>
That is very similar to this:

Ezr 6:3-4

In the first year of Cyrus the king the same Cyrus the king made a decree concerning the house of God at Jerusalem, Let the house be builded, the place where they offered sacrifices, and let the foundations thereof be strongly laid; the height thereof threescore cubits, and the breadth thereof threescore cubits;

With three rows of great stones, and a row of new timber: and let the expenses be given out of the king's house

And also let the golden and silver vessels of the house of God, which Nebuchadnezzar took forth out of the temple which is at Jerusalem, and brought unto Babylon, be restored, and brought again unto the temple which is at Jerusalem, every one to his place, and place them in the house of God.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure, no problem:

OK, it is mentioned more then once - so also is the First and Second Comings of our LORD Jesus Christ mentioned more then once.
However, there is was only one 1st Coming of the LORD and there is only one 2nd coming of the LORD.

Please elaborate upon where you see a prophecy of a actual 3rd Temple to be built in Jerusalem that refers directly to
taking place AFTER His Death, Resurrection and Ascension.

i am open for discovery - Thank You

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Please elaborate upon where you see a prophecy of a actual 3rd Temple to be built in Jerusalem that refers directly to

John 2:18-22: - 18 So the Jews answered and said to Him, “What sign do You show to us, since You do these things?

19 Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20 Then the Jews said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?

21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body {of the Saints}. 22 Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this to them; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had said.

The sign that Jesus gave to the Jews when they questioned His authority to cleanse the Temple, was the sign of the Jews causing the temple to be destroyed in 70 AD. Then Jesus told the Jews that within three days within God's timeframe of reference, that he would gather the Body of his Saints to form the Temple with Christ being the corner stone of this future temple where all of the Righteous Saint will worship God in His presences.

Because the sign of the Jews causing the temple to be destroyed 40 or so years after His crucifixion, Jesus was not talking about being raise up after being in the Tomb for three days and nights.

Shalom

Last edited:
Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 2:18-22: - 18 So the Jews answered and said to Him, “What sign do You show to us, since You do these things?]/i]”

19 Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20 Then the Jews said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?”

21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body {of the Saints}. 22 Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this [d]to them; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had said.

The sign that Jesus gave to the Jews when they questioned His authority to cleanse the Temple, was the sign of the Jews causing the temple to be destroyed in 70 AD. Then Jesus told the Jews that within three days within God's timeframe of reference, that he would gather the Body of his Saints to form the Temple with Christ being the corner stone of this future temple where all of the Righteous Saint will worship God in His presences.

Because the sign of the Jews causing the temple to be destroyed 40 or so years after His crucifixion, Jesus was not talking about being raise up after being in the Tomb for three days and nights.

Shalom
You said: Because the sign of the Jews causing the temple to be destroyed 40 or so years after His crucifixion, Jesus was not talking about being raise up after being in the Tomb for three days and nights.

Please elaborate on this as i am not 100% sure of your point - Thank You and SHALOM

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 2:18-22: - 18 So the Jews answered and said to Him, “What sign do You show to us, since You do these things?]/i]”

20 Then the Jews said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?”

21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body {of the Saints}. 22 Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this [d]to them; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had said.

Shalom

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You said: Because the sign of the Jews causing the temple to be destroyed 40 or so years after His crucifixion, Jesus was not talking about being raise up after being in the Tomb for three days and nights.

Please elaborate on this as i am not 100% sure of your point - Thank You and SHALOM

Since the sign of the jews causing the temple to be destroyed occurred in 70 AD, some 40 years after Christ's death and resurrection, Christ was not referring to his subsequent death and resurrection.

What we are told though is: -

21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body {of the Saints}. 22 Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this to them; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had said.

What the disciples remembered after Christ had risen from the Tomb, that Christ had already told them that after the final judgement all of the righteous saints would come together to form the new temple on the earth to worship God.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure, no problem:

What is the KEY phrase here.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the sign of the jews causing the temple to be destroyed occurred in 70 AD, some 40 years after Christ's death and resurrection, Christ was not referring to his subsequent death and resurrection.

What we are told though is: -

What the disciples remembered after Christ had risen from the Tomb, that Christ had already told them that after the final judgement all of the righteous saints would come together to form the new temple on the earth to worship God.

John ch2
So the Jews answered and said to Him, “What sign do You show to us, since You do these things?”

19Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”

20Then the Jews said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?”

21But He was speaking of the temple of His body.

22Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this to them;
and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had said.

Reactions: Taken

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satanic ritual (human) sacrifices have been taking place underground at the Temple Mount for a long time in preparation and anticipation of their "enlightened one."
Didja hear about the secret NYC tunnels with bloody mattresses and *gasp* baby high chairs? Their hatred of Christ is as severe now as ever.

• Sad
Reactions: TLHKAJ

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
John ch2
So the Jews answered and said to Him, “What sign do You show to us, since You do these things?”

19Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”

20Then the Jews said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?”

21But He was speaking of the temple of His body.

22Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this to them;
and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had said.

What are trying to suggest in this post?

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didja hear about the secret NYC tunnels with bloody mattresses and *gasp* baby high chairs? Their hatred of Christ is as severe now as ever.
Yes ...Idk a whole lot of details, but I have heard about it...horrible.....

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OK, it is mentioned more then once - so also is the First and Second Comings of our LORD Jesus Christ mentioned more then once.
However, there is was only one 1st Coming of the LORD and there is only one 2nd coming of the LORD.

My reading comprehension is shot the way my memory is shot, so I may not always be understanding what someone is getting at all the time. I'm not sure what you mean by this, other than that you are looking for a prophecy that directly and explicitly says there will be a third temple built after the death/resurrection of Christ and before His return.

Scripture tells us that the word of God is alive and active and in spirit.......it is not limited to a two-dimensional meaning like a history book......often, if not always, it can be speaking on more than one level at once and/or alluding to more than one thing.. I believe a prophecy of one event can also be alluding at the same time to more than one fulfillment. Subsequent fulfillment(s) can be following the same blueprint so to speak of the first event that was prophesied.

In 2 Thess 2 where it speaks of son of perdition in the temple of God....I believe this was fulfilled by 70 AD in the temple that then stood....but also that it may have another fulfillment....and also possibly even have meaning on another level concerning us individually or collectively, as we are God's temple.

God's word is highly spiritual and alive...not a dead two dimensional letter.......His voice is a voice of many waters....and in one Psalm it says "one thing God has spoken, two things have I heard".....and I believe it can be more than two as well, since His wisdom is manifold.....so we need to rely on the Holy Spirit to lead us into all truth and show us things to come.....to open His word to us. For now we only know in part....and He may show different things to different people according to their part/gift. This is what I believe.

I hope you are not cessationist...if you are you would not even entertain the possibility that there might be some truth to all this. Cessationists are missing out on an awful lot.