"Win a Poster"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BrotherIan

Sep 23, 2018
Northern NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Friends
6 years ago before i had come to Know the Bible,
i was inspired to do a Art piece that resonated within.
Free Hand drawn, and Digitally Painted in Poster size.
I am offering a Free Poster, to anyone that can Interpret my thinking behind the Painting, or please give your own Interpretation's.
If it's not your Kind of Painting to hang in your home that's fine,
also there is only one other, ever printed. treesandbark@gmail.jpg Please Join in.
Perhaps if it's ok with the Forum Manager?,
this Competition can go until the end of December 2018.
Interpretations begins now. click on image, and can zoom in +

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow. Interesting!

It was before you read the bible...?

That looks to be Jesus drawing all men to him. The words " seven deadly sins" have been crossed out, which is an interesting theme - the Cross crossed out/ canceled our sins. It shows what the cross did for us without even using a picture of the cross. I like it.

And then there is satan looking up from hell, seeing souls saved. He looks angry. He looks like he's saying...oh cr#p!

i see the Dragon and the beast, top right, in hell. I haven't picked out the false prophet.

I hope I win because I'd like to see this close up!

Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh and in the top picture, the Dragon looks as though he's being cast out of some opening...

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are six things which the Lord hates, Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, And hands that shed innocent blood, A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that run rapidly to evil, A false witness who utters lies, And one who spreads strife among brothers. My son, observe the commandment of your father And do not forsake the teaching of your mother; Bind them continually on your heart; Tie them around your neck. When you walk about, they will guide you; When you sleep, they will watch over you; And when you awake, they will talk to you.
Proverbs 6:16‭-‬22 NASB

Beautiful poster! What it makes me think of is Jesus coming back and putting an end to sin on earth... like end times. The swirls of color remind me of God's glory and since it is night time and there is lightening, it makes me think this represents judgement upon those who did not trust in Jesus for salvation, including the devil being cast into Hell for final judgement. It looks like Hell is closing up also, bringing me to conclude that this is the end and death/sin has completely lost.

Reactions: Nancy and farouk

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also it almost looks like the devil is bowing to God. It says in Revelation that every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Amen.

Reactions: Nancy

BrotherIan

Sep 23, 2018
Northern NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank You
Dave for your Like.
And
:Stunnedbygrace.
:Mayflower.
- For your Interpretations, for linking Proverbs 6:16-22 you are both in the draw.
-Yes was created before i had known the Bible. Off Memory, there is about 103 Characters All together.

Reactions: Nancy

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank You
Dave for your Like.
And
:Stunnedbygrace.
:Mayflower.
- For your Interpretations, for linking Proverbs 6:16-22 you are both in the draw.
-Yes was created before i had known the Bible. Off Memory, there is about 103 Characters All together.

I dont give my address out over internet, but I love thinking about art like this. Especially pieces like this. Very good and thought provoking. So you can take me out of the draw. :)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is this tattoo shop not even a block from my house, and they have all of these beautiful paintings in the window. Some like this, one is the Lord's Supper, just really cool. I don't know if I am allowed to take a picture of them, but I should ask. I think yall would like to take a look. He is selling them for like 300- 1000 dollars. And I am thinking he isn't going to have much luck in this small community. But it is so cool during my morning.walk with my daughter to look at the art and animals (there.is a little conservatory with animals in the window too near where.I live) and get my coffee. I have the best neighborhood. Lol

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi Friends
6 years ago before i had come to Know the Bible,
i was inspired to do a Art piece that resonated within.
Free Hand drawn, and Digitally Painted in Poster size.
I am offering a Free Poster, to anyone that can Interpret my thinking behind the Painting, or please give your own Interpretation's.
If it's not your Kind of Painting to hang in your home that's fine,
also there is only one other, ever printed. View attachment 4155 Please Join in.
Perhaps if it's ok with the Forum Manager?,
this Competition can go until the end of December 2018.
Interpretations begins now. click on image, and can zoom in +
Reminds me a bit of a video of Phatfish's 'There is a day', about the Lord's coming... :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There is this tattoo shop not even a block from my house, and they have all of these beautiful paintings in the window. Some like this, one is the Lord's Supper, just really cool. I don't know if I am allowed to take a picture of them, but I should ask. I think yall would like to take a look. He is selling them for like 300- 1000 dollars. And I am thinking he isn't going to have much luck in this small community. But it is so cool during my morning.walk with my daughter to look at the art and animals (there.is a little conservatory with animals in the window too near where.I live) and get my coffee. I have the best neighborhood. Lol
Hi; so did you ever use that parlor?

Sounds like they partly specialize in faith based designs, anyway.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realized that you asked what your thinking was behind the painting, and I didn't answer!

So...I think...You were going on what you had heard said: that Jesus took away our sin, and were pondering why a church would talk about seven deadly sins IF that were true.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Mayflower : The environment in which one gets tattooed is very significant, which you'll know already if you've used the tattoo parlor that you've mentioned. Sounds like the artist/owner himself is very much into more than one way of expressing his art; but also he seems to understand the importance of a faith friendly environment that is tasteful.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I realized that you asked what your thinking was behind the painting, and I didn't answer!

So...I think...You were going on what you had heard said: that Jesus took away our sin, and were pondering why a church would talk about seven deadly sins IF that were true.
stunnedbygrace: So what did you think of @Mayflower post above (#13) about the tattoo parlor with all the paintings? :)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
stunnedbygrace: So what did you think of @Mayflower post above (#13) about the tattoo parlor with all the paintings? :)
Farouk you have made me laugh. Do you want my opinion on tattoos as with cigarettes? ☺

The answer as to whether a tattoo is sin lies in the heart motivation of the person., but then you already knew that. ☺

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Farouk you have made me laugh. Do you want my opinion on tattoos as with cigarettes? ☺

The answer as to whether a tattoo is sin lies in the heart motivation of the person., but then you already knew that. ☺
Actually the focus of Mayflower's post was more on the artwork displayed, not necessarily specific to tattoos, but anyway.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, excuse me then! I like artwork. And I like artwork that is biblical. ☺

I didn't mean I was laughing in a bad way either. You feel people out. It's endearing.