"Win a Poster"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Oh, excuse me then! I like artwork. And I like artwork that is biblical. ☺

I didn't mean I was laughing in a bad way either. You feel people out. It's endearing.
I enjoy all your posts!

I do like Biblical artwork to a substantial extent. I guess one of the questions about it is whether the artwork is in order to point people to the Bible, or whether the Bible is supposedly expected to be a background reference point which to artist uses to point to his or her art. A mere circular question? a chicken or egg conundrum? o_O

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I enjoy all your posts!

I do like Biblical artwork to a substantial extent. I guess one of the questions about it is whether the artwork is in order to point people to the Bible, or whether the Bible is supposedly expected to be a background reference point which to artist uses to point to his or her art. A mere circular question? a chicken or egg conundrum? o_O

Hmm...maybe a matter of: He who is not against us is for us...? :)

Reactions: Nancy

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi; so did you ever use that parlor?

Sounds like they partly specialize in faith based designs, anyway.

Actually this is a new tattoo place. I used the one a couple buildings down a couple years ago. :D It is a charm anklet with a cross, treble clef, and heart. But yes, very tasteful. Love the art displayed in the window. When I get another charm on my anklet for my daughter, I may try there.

Reactions: Nancy and farouk

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But anyway yes, it was about the art in the window. This is what this painting reminds me of. There is a beautiful display of art just like this. I wish drawing was one of my talents. My art is in my writing and music. Adult coloring books. Lol

Reactions: Nancy and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Actually this is a new tattoo place. I used the one a couple buildings down a couple years ago. :D It is a charm anklet with a cross, treble clef, and heart. But yes, very tasteful. Love the art displayed in the window. When I get another charm on my anklet for my daughter, I may try there.
Great that their art sense isn't exclusively focused on tattoos. Tattooists are after all artists, so they can reasonably be expected to have a strong and deep aesthetic sense. (Are you good at art?)
Yes, it seems that so many tattoo parlors are opening up, aren't they? Interesting - even funny? - how several parlors can eventually materialize all on the same street. Kind of shows how much demand there is for their service, I suppose; and competition is good in a buyer's market, I guess. I can see that you're already planning to be tattooed further.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@stunnedbygrace : So art in the window like a gallery is really what @Mayflower was drawing attention to. (Although as you can see she's also talked a bit about getting tattooed as well.)

People can go into parlors - without the slightest intention of becoming tattooed - and look at the portfolios of the artists. Normally one won't be pressured by sales talk in a tattoo parlor; it's unprofessional. One can go in and simply enjoy the art, and sometimes the art on display isn't simply of the tattoo variety. (Of course, a lot who do go in, do end up getting tattooed.) If you're interested in art, there's no obligation; you're free to go in and look around.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There are six things which the Lord hates, Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, And hands that shed innocent blood, A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that run rapidly to evil, A false witness who utters lies, And one who spreads strife among brothers. My son, observe the commandment of your father And do not forsake the teaching of your mother; Bind them continually on your heart; Tie them around your neck. When you walk about, they will guide you; When you sleep, they will watch over you; And when you awake, they will talk to you.
Proverbs 6:16‭-‬22 NASB
Great verse there. Such a lot of wisdom in Proverbs.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have always found Van Gogh rather unusual and intriguing as an artist...
Me too, I have several posters of his stuff, Starry Starry Night, Rivers on Auver's (?) or some such, Yellow flowers in a field, and a couple more.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Probably, but I think Picasso's was more so tortured, lol. At least VanGoh has pretty pics :) He was insane from what I heard. Ah, artists. Lol.
There is indeed a steeply curved Richter scale of weird arty types... (the sort of people that politicians love to get publicity with).

BrotherIan

Sep 23, 2018
Northern NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi All a Little Late On Sharing What i Was Trying to Express and Convey in the Painting.

So the painting is titled, SEVEN DEADLY SINS, this can be seen in text within the Painting.
Thanks to everyone that become Involved
And as we know The Seven Sins are - Pride, Greed, Lust, Anger, Sloth, Envy, Gluttony.
Think of the last time you were Hurt?
Was most likely from, or stemmed from one of the Above Sins.
So in the Painting there is GOD descending from Heaven,
God has seen first hand of the Pain, Suffering, and atrocities
that have happened over Generations, and God is Absolutely Furious what has happened to his Innocent Children,
Time is up for Evil.
God with his Fury, and Angry eyes Descends from Heaven, with Lightning shearing from his Palms.
God in Beautiful Splendor a Garment alive with Holy Spirit and Light.

There are People out there that never got answers, and that were Victims of Sins of this World, God is exposing the Evil now.
For Example when Someone Deeply hurts you, it is not of God, but from Satan,
and there are many types of Emotional pain we can feel as Human Beings, right?
Well God Reveals these Pains for what they really are, and lets the World for the First time
witness the Evil looking Spirits that worked through unconscious self Indulgent Beings .

God illuminates the Night Sky, and reveals the Evil Spirits that worked through people
that wandered the World for the ruin of Souls. (Portion of the St Michael Arch Angel Prayer i hold close to me in troubled times)

God is Descending Rapidly and Making a Bee line straight for Satan,
Whom is Cowering and hiding behind a Demonic Rock, Satan Trembles and has no where to Flee to,
except into the Hot Lava around him, where more evil spirit's faces can be seen in agony,
and they are reaping what pain they dished out to others on Earth.
You Can see the Buildings are cracked and Old, they wear the scares, and the feelings of a Immoral World we Became.
All because of the Seven Deadly Sins and Peoples lake of Faith in God.

Where are all the Wonderful, Generous Loving, Beautiful Hearted People, the Victims of unsolved crimes you ask?
They have Been Saved, and taken to a Place so Majestic one would never have the Capacity to Imagine.
Its only the Scum that never fully Repented and kept Persueing there Evil ways are left to be Dealt with.
And live and Mix with each other, in disarray as they did on Earth anyway.

Off Memory i think there is 109 different Spirits, being revealed by God to Men.

Thanks You.
Peace n Love.
Ian.

Last edited:

BrotherIan

Sep 23, 2018
Northern NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Please See above Reply for Complete Message i was trying to Convey.
So Closest to the Interpretation was MayFlower, Alot of what Mayflower said, had substance,
though she expressed at the Beginning if she Won,
did not want the Poster, because she thought her Address would have to be Given up.
No That was never the case May Flower.
The Winner had my Permission to Down load the file and Have 1 Printed at your Local Printers,
it was Created to be Printed at 61cmx91cm, like i said only one is in Circulation, and is hanging on a wall in Australia.
Thanks Once Again.
Ian Patterson.

Copyright Protected.

Last edited: