WINTER TREES

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I love trees in winter; they are so beautiful when the leaves, flowers and fruit have long gone and all that remains is their naked trunks and branches as they stand seemingly dormant over the winter months.

The other day, as I stood at my bus stop, I was admiring the naked trees across the road and, convinced that there was a lesson in there somewhere, I asked God to show me what it could be.

Next day, standing in the same spot and looking at the same trees, he gave me the answer.

During spring summer and autumn the trees are lovely in their leafy coverings but only when the leaves have fallen and they stand naked at this bleak time of year do they show their true strength; what they are really made of; the part of themselves that stands firm in all weathers.

God showed me that we Christians are like that; we have our growing times, our times of fruitfulness and glowing beauty but only in the bleak periods during the storms and troubles of our lives do we show our true strength as we stand firm in Christ against the odds.

And it seems that the older and more gnarled the tree the more beautiful it is when it is starkly naked during the winter months. So perhaps this is also true of Christians.

And if you look closely at those trees that are seemingly dormant at this time of year, you will see the buds already forming on those bare branches which will burst forth to create a new, fresh, different beauty come the spring. Perhaps we are like that too.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fall is beautiful with all the different colored foliage, and then in the Winter when the trees are bare, after a snowfall and their branches are all covered in snow is another beautiful site, nature in all it's forms is beautiful, God created this and gave it to us to have dominion over it and the animals that roam the Earth.

But man is not taking care of what God gave them, they are polluting it and will pay the price until the second coming and after the Lion casts out the wicked and tosses out the adversary and Earth is restored to its Paradise form as God had intended for Adam and Eve, before they brought the Death sentence down on us for disobeying God.

Reactions: MatthewG and Mantis

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you,

A thought comes to my own head of how the leaves have fallen off and died, yet they are again when spring comes back resurrected back to life.

I believe as human souls of living God and considering that of the Lord Jesus Christ show shall it be when this vessel - we live in shall die however our soul will go on to God and become resurrected into a new spiritual vessel. (In my opinion of course)

Keep encouraging, and sharing,
God bless,

Matthew G.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nevertheless, there’s something to be said for evergreens.
Very true, but even they shed their needles. And holly sheds it's leaves in spring or summer instead of autumn. But they never show their naked branches.

Reactions: MatthewG and Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl Here in Canada there are a lot of evergreen trees...
Here too farouk, I look out at holly trees and a Scots pine as well as the beautiful deciduous trees that my op was about.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
They use them for telegraph poles because their trunk are so straight and tall.
@Pearl Here in Canada also there was a famous set of artists known as the Canadian Sevem, and their paintings often featured pine trees / evergreens; typical of the northern Canadian landscape...

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pearl, you know a lot about trees. All I know that they are tall and the grow leaves, and they shed, when you were younger did your grandfather or grandmother teach you about them or did you just have an interest as a child?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Pearl, you know a lot about trees. All I know that they are tall and the grow leaves, and they shed, when you were younger did your grandfather or grandmother teach you about them or did you just have an interest as a child?
I have always loved trees and I don't really know where that came from. I just thought everybody did. As a child my favourite was the beautiful and graceful silver birch opposite my home.

Reactions: Nancy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I love trees in winter; they are so beautiful when the leaves, flowers and fruit have long gone and all that remains is their naked trunks and branches as they stand seemingly dormant over the winter months.
I know Pearl, you just like the naked look. :)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have always loved trees and I don't really know where that came from. I just thought everybody did. As a child my favourite was the beautiful and graceful silver birch opposite my home.

Hey Pearl,

They do die, and resurrect. Which is a form of a symbol of God of resurrection itself. Some completely fall over and die to lack of nutrition and things like that. Have you ever seen those trees that are over 100 feet tall ? I’ve seen some never in person though with trunks bigger than the person.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl Especially where life is so urban in nature, trees seem to offer a sense of getting back to nature, and awareness of our glorious Creator, even...
I love where I live. Before we came here in 1986 we lived on a main road with not a tree or a flower or blade of grass in sight.
I know Pearl, you just like the naked look. :)
As long as it's trees and not people! :D

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Pearl,

They do die, and resurrect. Which is a form of a symbol of God of resurrection itself. Some completely fall over and die to lack of nutrition and things like that. Have you ever seen those trees that are over 100 feet tall ? I’ve seen some never in person though with trunks bigger than the person.
They don't die in the winter they just go dormant - which could be another analogy. Even now the trees and bushes in my garden have their flower or leaf buds for next spring.

Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I love where I live. Before we came here in 1986 we lived on a main road with not a tree or a flower or blade of grass in sight.

As long as it's trees and not people! :D
@Pearl Trees give a whole different perspective to a neighbourhood.

That being said, much of the Prairies of Canada - in places, anyway - is treeless; and they do have an atmosphere and beauty of their own...

Reactions: MatthewG