WINTER TREES

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Pearl ~ Lovely analogy.
We live in the sticks and love observing the trees, watching them turn colors, losing leaves and ones that are so majestic in height swaying in high winds, yet rooted firm, saying God is in Control.

God Bless,
Taken

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They don't die in the winter they just go dormant - which could be another analogy. Even now the trees and bushes in my garden have their flower or leaf buds for next spring.

Okay. Trees are interesting, because Jesus healed a man who was blind and he could see people like trees which to me is a symbol or a picture of human beings of all different shapes and sizes and how us as human beings all go different way as the branches of the trees do.

Some trees do in fact die if they have some type defect in which causes the tree to wilt.

The shedding of leaves to me is a picture of resurrection though maybe no one considers that I don’t know.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and conversing with me.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Pearl ~ Lovely analogy.
We live in the sticks and love observing the trees, watching them turn colors, losing leaves and ones that are so majestic in height swaying in high winds, yet rooted firm, saying God is in Control.

God Bless,
Taken

That is cool, thank you for sharing here with us. What are the mind of trees in your neighborhood?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I live in the forest and can relate. That is an awesome message.

What are some of the things you like about the forest Mantis?

Fall is beautiful with all the different colored foliage, and then in the Winter when the trees are bare, after a snowfall and their branches are all covered in snow is another beautiful site, nature in all it's forms is beautiful, God created this and gave it to us to have dominion over it and the animals that roam the Earth.

Those are awesome insights thank you.

Nevertheless, there’s something to be said for evergreens.

Lambano what do you like about them?

Reactions: JohnPaul

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Pearl Especially where life is so urban in nature, trees seem to offer a sense of getting back to nature, and awareness of our glorious Creator, even...
Trees are very interesting, you can cut them down and make a fire to keep warm, and use the fire to cook food.

I know Pearl, you just like the naked look. :)

You are very silly! :)

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is cool, thank you for sharing here with us. What are the mind of trees in your neighborhood?

On our property mostly Loblolly Pines, several kinds of Oaks, Hickory’s, Holly’s, Sycamores, Cedars, Sweet Gums, Magnolias and Ash. Not crazy about the Ash, but baby (trim, keep brush away, water in extreme heat) the Cedars, Magnolias, Holly’s and about 25 or so particular Oaks. About 250 pines I keep brush cleared. We (me mostly, lol) also keep some trails cleared through the thicker brushy pines. Brush and lots of Beautyberry, that are more shrub like bushes. When real ambitious...I go after the crazy picker vines that go up 30-40 feet in the trees....They can be a challenge...and I think of Tarzan lol.

Reactions: MatthewG

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hey Pearl,

They do die, and resurrect. Which is a form of a symbol of God of resurrection itself. Some completely fall over and die to lack of nutrition and things like that. Have you ever seen those trees that are over 100 feet tall ? I’ve seen some never in person though with trunks bigger than the person.
@MatthewG You would enjoy the California redwoods, which can be enormous and really old...

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On our property mostly Loblolly Pines, several kinds of Oaks, Hickory’s, Holly’s, Sycamores, Cedars, Sweet Gums, Magnolias and Ash. Not crazy about the Ash, but baby (trim, keep brush away, water in extreme heat) the Cedars, Magnolias, Holly’s and about 25 or so particular Oaks. About 250 pines I keep brush cleared. We (me mostly, lol) also keep some trails cleared through the thicker brushy pines. Brush and lots of Beautyberry, that are more shrub like bushes. When real ambitious...I go after the crazy picker vines that go up 30-40 feet in the trees....They can be a challenge...and I think of Tarzan lol.

Taken you seem very acquainted with trees, maybe you are the Tarzan man. :) it is very interesting you know them by name. Maybe I should get a tree book or something, but it would be best if when turning the page the they will pop-up.

@MatthewG You would enjoy the California redwoods, which can be enormous and really old...

Thank you for considering that as an option. I remember there was this one person I was friends with one time had a picture in front of a big old tree and I believe she was from California maybe that was the ones she was in front of.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Taken you seem very acquainted with trees, maybe you are the Tarzan man. :) it is very interesting you know them by name. Maybe I should get a tree book or something, but it would be best if when turning the page the they will pop-up.

Thank you for considering that as an option. I remember there was this one person I was friends with one time had a picture in front of a big old tree and I believe she was from California maybe that was the ones she was in front of.
@MatthewG So are you still in touch with her? for trees, depends on which part of California, I guess...

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG So are you still in touch with her? for trees, depends on which part of California, I guess...

So many years so many different people, life goes on and the trips seem far away up and down every which as the wind it self always seems to sway.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the encouragement, @farouk.

I’ve seen many different people from many walks of life. I don’t know if many of them are alive or dead. Just know have experienced seeing them.

I just wrote that because that is how life is. It’s like wind, you never know how it will go.

God bless and thank you all for the conversation.

Reactions: farouk

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are very silly! :)
of course!
In the eyes of 'proper' people it is important to swim in the same direction as 'proper' fish. All the i's need dotting, the t's crossing and woe betide any who use language which can be construed as having other meanings.

Consider this:- The Jews were forbidden to eat/drink blood and flesh from a prohibited category. They all knew this....almost instinctively, yet Jesus deliberately says to 70 of his mates, 'unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood you have no life in you'. Most of them left....that was pushing the envelope just toooo far. They could think outside the box.

Yeahhhh, we don't mind hanging out with a bloke who does miracles and feeds an army with crumbs so to speak, we can even handle some measured flack from the establishment and camping out of town with no shower and a comfy bed because the vigilantes are waiting for him, but talk about drinking his blood and eating his flesh; that just aint proper even for a renegade Jew! :)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As long as it's trees and not people! :D
well Pearl, you're a better person than me.
If I saw a beautiful naked woman having a bath as did David, I doubt whether I would avert my eyes. :)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@farouk ~
I do have a pix of my mom, when she was a kid, standing in front of a California Redwood...and our own 3 kids sitting in front of a huge, huge tree trunk in the East on an old historical plantation. Very majestic!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mantis There is something about being close to nature, when one prayerfully and quietly meditate in the Word, right?
Absolutely Farouk. The peace of God is reflected in nature. One of my favorite things in nature is watching and listening to the birds. I love the fact that in psalm 50:11 he states that he knows all of the birds of the mountains. He knows them! He knows what they think, what they squawk about! I love it! He cares for his creation.

Reactions: Pearl and farouk

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Absolutely Farouk. The peace of God is reflected in nature. One of my favorite things in nature is watching and listening to the birds. I love the fact that in psalm 50:11 he states that he knows all of the birds of the mountains. He knows them! He knows what they think, what they squawk about! I love it! He cares for his creation.
I love birds, especially the small ones - the two a penny sparrows that come in small flocks to my bird feeders; bluetits and great tits and long-tailed tits and nuthatches. And there is a squirrel that has tried to come in my front door on a number of occasions. Trees, flowers, birds animals. All God's beautiful creatures.