WINTER TREES

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love birds, especially the small ones - the two a penny sparrows that come in small flocks to my bird feeders; bluetits and great tits and long-tailed tits and nuthatches. And there is a squirrel that has tried to come in my front door on a number of occasions. Trees, flowers, birds animals. All God's beautiful creatures.
Yeah I don’t know their names but I love them as well. We have little ones that look like golf balls and some tropical looking ones as well. Then we have the big boys, wild turkeys. They are pretty impressive in the spring. Gobbling and fanning out their tails. Their heads change colors when they are strutting. From red to white to blue. That’s probably where we got our flag colors lol.

Reactions: Pearl

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mantis Some of the California redwoods are really huge and really old; I've seen pictures of ppl driving cars through holes sawn in the trunk....
Yeah that one actually fell over last year I think. Its too bad that was awesome. I guess there is a HUGE redwood tree that people are trying to keep secret so it survives the masses. nIt is in a spot that most tourists don't go to. I would like to see that tree.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yeah that one actually fell over last year I think. Its too bad that was awesome. I guess there is a HUGE redwood tree that people are trying to keep secret so it survives the masses. nIt is in a spot that most tourists don't go to. I would like to see that tree.
@Mantis A pity really that they damaged it for the sake of photo opportunities; I reckon the trunk was weakened...

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh the redwoods are awesome! Everyone should see them in their lifetime.
They are magnificent, but the op isn't particularly about trees but something very specific God showed me whilst looking at winter trees. I like to call these sorts of inspiring thoughts 'Life Lessons'.

Reactions: Mantis