With a straight face, no less...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
How is this woman allowed to go to Mass and receive communion?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/pelosi-late-term-abortions-sacred_735188.html

Pelosi: Late-Term Abortions 'Sacred Ground'

Top House Democrat can't explain moral difference between Gosnell slayings and late-term abortions.
1:01 PM, Jun 13, 2013 • By JOHN MCCORMACK

At a Thursday press conference, House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi condemned a bill that would prohibit abortions during the final four months of pregnancy with exceptions for when the life or physical health of the mother was at stake.
Asked what the moral difference is between what Dr. Kermit Gosnell did to babies born alive and aborting those same infants moments before birth, Pelosi refused to answer.
"As a practicing and respectful Catholic, this is sacred ground to me when we talk about this," Pelosi said. "This shouldn't have anything to do with politics."
At one point Pelosi falsely claimed the bill that passed out of committee on Wednesday would ban all abortions, when in fact it's simply a prohibition on abortion during the final four months of pregnancy, with exceptions for the life and physical health of the mother.
"They would make it a federal law that there would be no abortion in our country," Pelosi said.
According to the Gallup polling company, strong majorities of Americans think abortions should be generally illegal in the second- and third-trimester of pregnancy, as they are in many European countries

continued....

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So now you believe the sacrament of the Eucharist?

Just here

May 29, 2013
Foreigner said:
How is this woman allowed to go to Mass and receive communion?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/pelosi-late-term-abortions-sacred_735188.html
Pelosi: Late-Term Abortions 'Sacred Ground' Top House Democrat can't explain moral difference between Gosnell slayings and late-term abortions.
1:01 PM, Jun 13, 2013 • By JOHN MCCORMACK

At a Thursday press conference, House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi condemned a bill that would prohibit abortions during the final four months of pregnancy with exceptions for when the life or physical health of the mother was at stake.
Asked what the moral difference is between what Dr. Kermit Gosnell did to babies born alive and aborting those same infants moments before birth, Pelosi refused to answer.
"As a practicing and respectful Catholic, this is sacred ground to me when we talk about this," Pelosi said. "This shouldn't have anything to do with politics."
At one point Pelosi falsely claimed the bill that passed out of committee on Wednesday would ban all abortions, when in fact it's simply a prohibition on abortion during the final four months of pregnancy, with exceptions for the life and physical health of the mother.
"They would make it a federal law that there would be no abortion in our country," Pelosi said.
According to the Gallup polling company, strong majorities of Americans think abortions should be generally illegal in the second- and third-trimester of pregnancy, as they are in many European countries

continued....
I don't now why politicians bring to the table anything that has to do with Christianity, it's a secular government and has nothing to do with Christ. Her attempt at "looking holy" only adds to the the humiliation of her, her party and the Catholic church.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally, I look at the Bible and look at the Catholic Doctrine and see some major problems. But I don't hate Catholics and don't hate all Catholic Doctrine. Now if Nancy Pelosi is going to claim to be a practicing and respectful Catholic, then she should act like one. Does the Catholic doctrine prohibit abortions? If yes, don't say you are practicing the doctrines of your church and being respectful of them if you are not! She's a hypocrite. This is the same woman who is quoted (right or wrong, I don't know) as saying "the American people don't need God, they have the democratic party." If she said that.... Oh my!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FHII said:
Personally, I look at the Bible and look at the Catholic Doctrine and see some major problems. But I don't hate Catholics and don't hate all Catholic Doctrine. Now if Nancy Pelosi is going to claim to be a practicing and respectful Catholic, then she should act like one. Does the Catholic doctrine prohibit abortions? If yes, don't say you are practicing the doctrines of your church and being respectful of them if you are not! She's a hypocrite. This is the same woman who is quoted (right or wrong, I don't know) as saying "the American people don't need God, they have the democratic party." If she said that.... Oh my!
Pointing out the hypocrisy of politicians is about as intellectually rigorous as shooting fish in a barrel. Trying to capture hypocrisy in the only four areas Captain Ahab Foreigner cares about (Catholicism/democrats/Palestine/me) is his White Whale Obsession

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see what you are saying Aspen.... I think. Problem is that while I live in this world I am not a citizen of it. I'd rather it all be good, but sometimes I don't care... Let it all go to hell and let's shut it down!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FHII said:
I see what you are saying Aspen.... I think. Problem is that while I live in this world I am not a citizen of it. I'd rather it all be good, but sometimes I don't care... Let it all go to hell and let's shut it down!
feel like that too sometimes

Just here

May 29, 2013
FHII said:
Regardless if she said it or not, her behavior speaks what is really going on with her.

Too many people, especially politicians who claim to be Christian, receive their influence from the world instead of from Christ.

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Frustrating to say the least. Not saying I believe in all catholic doctrine, but, Is it the hard work of these immoral politicians that they are in these high positions, or did satan place them there ? And how dare they claim faith when it suits their needs. O'bama does this too. Infuriates me.

Wouldn't it be cool if, say, someone like Billy Graham (when he was young that is) ran for president ? Thing is, we need someone like him now. But God knew what He was doing when He gave him his gift of evangelizing. I'm just tired of the lies from this current CEO. And don't get me started on the antics of Clinton and his sexual antics in the oval office.

I've voted twice, but evil prevailed. Really, really, really don't want to vote again, but I will have to make myself, for it is my duty as a Christian. And every time O'bama does something worldly and evil, I know at least I tried.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
aspen2 said:
So now you believe the sacrament of the Eucharist?
-- What does the answer matter to you? If you don't believe even core beliefs of the Catholic church, you have no problem disregarding them because you are a Cafeteria Catholic.
You, by your own words support abortion beyond just for rape, incest and to save the mother, yet I have no doubt you take Communion. One more example of the rules not applying to you. I'm shocked. No, really...

FHII said:
-- Well said. There will be large numbers of Catholics going to heaven. It is what is in the heart.
My Pastor said some time ago that there are people in the Catholic Church a couple of blocks away who will be going to heaven, and there are people in the pews of the very church he is standing in that will not. What is in your heart is what is judged by God.
What is in the heart is reflected by actions, and people like Pelosi, Feinstein, and Biden have shown where their hearts truly are.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
keep living by those assumptions of yours foreigner - head meet sand
there she blows!
there she blows!

there she blows! Captain!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Stating that a large number of Catholics will be going to heaven is 'just an assumption?'

Priceless.

As far as your position on abortion, it is hardly an assumption.
Especially when I have quoted the very words you posted her back to you.
Poor Aspen...Cafeteria Catholic.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Aaaaannnd,....back to the topic.....

Abortion....regardless of the time (first or third trimester) is an abomination. I don't use that word lightly...I don't tend to use 'heavy' biblical language every day! But for this, it fits. It is nothing less than murder, and when it really comes down to it, does it even need to be a 'religious' requirement NOT to kill babies?
What I mean is this: even for people and societies who do not believe in a God who tells us life is to be treasured, is it then acceptable to kill the defenseless? What society do you know...Godless or not...who would not raise such a cry over the mass slaughter of infants? We see the horror of the massacre at Sandy Hook school...where those poor children were killed. Imagine if such a thing had happened in the nursery, or in the maternity section at a hospital...hundreds of new born babies murdered. It would be unthinkable...and yet because our 'children' are even more vulnerable (they don't have the protection of having travelled down a birth canal), it is somehow seen as fine to 'rid ourselves' of them. It is shameful, weak and the very epitomy of selfishness. We choose our 'rights' over those who have none, even though in today's world having no rights is in itself an outrage. The simple fact is that unborn babies have no voice, so in our minds that makes it acceptable to give them lower rights than what many animals have.
So I believe that any person claiming to have any morals at all should be against murder....it's fairly simple. And anyone claiming to believe in a God who clearly paints children as precious and blessings....they really need to have a good long look at themselves...

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I agree.
Many parts of society are entirely ambiguous on this topic.
In some states, if you kill a pregnant woman you are charged with two counts of murder
...yet that same woman can go in to have the child aborted at six months and there is nothing to it.

But what should one expect from a society that appears to have no problem letting girls of any age purchase the morning after pill at pharmacies without prescription or parental consent?
I am not just talking about the efforts to prevent pregnancy. It is the fact that many young girls (and boys) won't understand that this will not protect against STDs. And many will not understand the potential health issues from taking the pill too often or incorrectly.
And then there is the matter of minors being victims of sexual abuse and the abusers using this recourse to escape detection or punishment.
And since parents are not required to know, the abuse can continue.

As far as Nancy Pelosi calling herself a "practicing and respectful Catholic," the issue is two-fold.
First, it shows a lack of backbone within the Catholic Church to live up to what they proclaim.
And second, it gives a false affirmation to people, Catholics and otherwise, that Pelosi's position could some how be considered a Christian position.

Giving people seeking God the idea that this sinful behavior is somehow acceptable to God could end up destroying their life...and their afterlife.

Just here

May 29, 2013
Foreigner said:
As far as Nancy Pelosi calling herself a "practicing and respectful Catholic," the issue is two-fold.
First, it shows a lack of backbone within the Catholic Church to live up to what they proclaim.

What else could we expect from professional practicing virgins?
:)

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
abortion is an abomination - just like all sin. Unfortunately we live in a fallen world and one of the characteristics of a fallen world is that human law and God's law do not match up. Abortion needs to be a legal option for circumstances when it is the lesser of two evils. yes it needs reform and yes it needs to be restricted, but until we live in a world where abortion is always the worst option it needs to remain a legal option.

Just here

May 29, 2013
aspen2 said:
abortion is an abomination - just like all sin. Unfortunately we live in a fallen world and one of the characteristics of a fallen world is that human law and God's law do not match up. Abortion needs to be a legal option for circumstances when it is the lesser of two evils. yes it needs reform and yes it needs to be restricted, but until we live in a world where abortion is always the worst option it needs to remain a legal option.
What the world does and the decisions it makes, we should avoid those things like the plague.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i agree, just here.

Some extremist liberals parade abortion rights around the media as if they are advocating for the benefits of the procedure - this is just as bad as the other extreme of promoting the idea that abortion is the worst thing that could ever happen or the worst sin a person could ever commit.

I agree that the Christian community should be doing everything possible to provide desperately pregnant women with a better option than abortion.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
aspen2 said:

I would agree that reform to allow abortion as a 'last medical option' could be the 'lesser of two evils'....but we have to look at society and sadly their trends. Once people get a foot in the door to something like this, it never ends...as we see evidenced today. Today babies are done away with simply because it's not convenvient for the mother...they want to have a career or keep partying. Murder for a paycheck or for fun. Ridiculous.
We see the same thing in the debate about euthanasia. People want to allow it for those suffering a horrible, lingering death. And you know what, I get that. I don't think it's right, but I certainly understand it. But the problem that it's having becoming legal, is that people are very aware what will happen once it becomes legal on just one front....people will push and push that door wider until a flood comes through, and old people are being bumped off in nursing homes to make bed space.
So....for me....biblically? I have to think that the 'lesser of two evils' is, in fact, making abortion illegal.
And you have to understand....it's not an easy thing, personally, for me to say that. Should I become pregnant again, it is very likely that I will die during pregnancy, or loose my health to the point of being bed ridden for the rest of my life (medical complications that I will not go into). Abortion could be my "ticket to life" so to speak. But I cannot see the Bible telling me anything but that life is sacred and for me to choose myself over a baby is like me pushing a child to a lion so I can get away. Unacceptable.
The bible is not something God has given to us for us to consider....to think about and pick and choose things in it that could benefit our life styles. All of it is true, all of it is holy, and all of it is a demand from God. No hedging, no choosing, no ignoring. We either believe all of it and follow it...all of it.....or we don't. No middle ground.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hi Rach,

I have lived in two states that have legalized euthenasia. over the past 15 years, supporters of the law have been amazed at how many terminally ill patients have aquired a prescrption to end their lives and then chosen not to go through with it. Hardly anyone actually decides to terminate their lives early. As far as abortion goes, it should be a legal option for desperate people to wrestle with. I not justifying it, only suggesting that it should remain decriminalized. Finally, i think the slippery slope is a myth.