With or without Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the general principle is true. But on a side note, I think this is what makes people who can give themselves to God and manifest His character at an early age so impressive. It's a glorious thing when you see someone manifest the fruit of the Spirit and/or stand boldly for Christ at an early age, especially in their teenage years or in young adulthood.

Just my thoughts.
Agreed HIH,
I LOVE to see the younger ones coming to Him. Always wanted to know what it was like to grow up in a REAL Christian home. My mom was definitely a Christian, and we all eventually did leave the CC. But, by then I was already OF the world and did not know what to do so, I lived a life of fun and partying. Always worked though and payed the bills first but, I was truly on the highway to hell.
I credit all of my moms prayers for us that we all came to Jesus as we did.
But, we all have our lot in life, it's how we react to the world and our circumstances that makes the difference, I think.
If only God gave us back...time. Sigh. But, water under the bridge :)

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Edit: (Rant warning) I'm ~50 years old. And one thing I've noticed as I've grown older is that people become different as they age from childhood. They either become more worldly and sometimes shocking or they embrace Christianity which promotes people that are usually pleasant to deal with.

I think life (worldly mechanics) often teaches people that selfishness is success and perhaps that's a teaching of social networking also?

49781281_10158125990278327_3495284878436466688_n.jpg

This is a Christian spirituality forum, so I'm thinking of the Holy Spirits influence on people as they age, keeping them pleasant and making them more pleasant instead of worldly: Galatians 5:22-25.
The thing that occurred to me when I turned 50 is that I am half way to 100....that was 9 years ago:(

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing that occurred to me when I turned 50 is that I am half way to 100....that was 9 years ago:(

People in Noah's time lived to 1,000 years old. But when you have the spirit of God you're supposed to have longer life, as an example I firmly believe that God's spirit brings regeneration and life to the soul:

Genesis 6:3 "And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years."

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People in Noah's time lived to 1,000 years old. But when you have the spirit of God you're supposed to have longer life, as an example I firmly believe that God's spirit brings regeneration and life to the soul:

Genesis 6:3 "And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years."
When the Lord returns to begin His reign, man can possibly live to that old again.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People in Noah's time lived to 1,000 years old.

Which is rather amazing when you come to think about it since they didn't have the kind of advances in the medical field as we do today. Did it ever explain in the Bible why we don't live to be that old anymore?

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which is rather amazing when you come to think about it since they didn't have the kind of advances in the medical field as we do today. Did it ever explain in the Bible why we don't live to be that old anymore?

Good point. I often think the same thing about Jesus' time and think God was behind the scenes healing everyone all the time. And no one knew.

Reactions: April_Rose

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GMO's :D