With or without Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Edit: (Rant warning) I'm ~50 years old. And one thing I've noticed as I've grown older is that people become different as they age from childhood. They either become more worldly and sometimes shocking or they embrace Christianity which promotes people that are usually pleasant to deal with.

I think life (worldly mechanics) often teaches people that selfishness is success and perhaps that's a teaching of social networking also?

49781281_10158125990278327_3495284878436466688_n.jpg

This is a Christian spirituality forum, so I'm thinking of the Holy Spirits influence on people as they age, keeping them pleasant and making them more pleasant instead of worldly: Galatians 5:22-25.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On a positive note, this division between Christians and worldly people gives us an excellent opportunity to encourage them to better feelings inside that only God can bring:

Sharing in Christianity and service to God and his children brings the fruits of the Holy Spirit as quoted:

tumblr_o72kakTGJi1uggvbco1_1280.png

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm ~50 years old. And one thing I've noticed as I've grown older is that people become different as they age from childhood. They either become more worldly and shocking or they embrace Christianity and become pleasant to deal with.
On a positive note, this division between Christians and worldly people gives us an excellent opportunity to encourage them to better feelings inside that only God can bring:

Sharing in Christianity and service to God and his children brings the fruits of the Holy Spirit as quoted

I think the general principle is true. But on a side note, I think this is what makes people who can give themselves to God and manifest His character at an early age so impressive. It's a glorious thing when you see someone manifest the fruit of the Spirit and/or stand boldly for Christ at an early age, especially in their teenage years or in young adulthood.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well that's where I don't know anything about that because I don't age since I'm like Peter Pan in the sense where I absolutely refuse to grow up. :D
That's nice, I was more referring to people without God in their lives :)

Reactions: April_Rose

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the general principle is true. But on a side note, I think this is what makes going people who can give themselves to God and manifest His character at an early age so impressive. It's a glorious thing when you see someone manifest the fruit of the Spirit and/or stand boldly for Christ at an early age, especially in their teenage years or in young adulthood.

Just my thoughts.
I was raised with love for Jesus, but I was also worldy in my youth. So I see good youth in church, but it wasn't me.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At least we get some more Christian interaction here :)

Oh yeah and you know what it's like? I can just picture God being like Dave Seville from Alvin and The Chipmunks when it comes to me and I play the part of Alvin and because He must be losing His voice with all of the "AAAAAAPPPPPPRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIILLLLLLL'S!!!!" that He does but I know that He still loves me. :D (I'm just the female and human version of Alvin. ;) )

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm ~50 years old. And one thing I've noticed as I've grown older is that people become different as they age from childhood. They either become more worldly and shocking or they embrace Christianity and become pleasant to deal with.

I think life (worldly mechanics) teaches people that selfishness is success and perhaps that's a teaching of social networking also?

This concept is especially true in the social network societies of the earth:
49781281_10158125990278327_3495284878436466688_n.jpg

This is a Christian spirituality forum, so I'm thinking of the Holy Spirits influence on people as they age, keeping them pleasant and making them more pleasant instead of shocking and worldly: Galatians 5:22-25.

Getting older is like alcohol. It brings out the true character of a person. As for the Holy Spirit, his influence is independent of age -- as a new creature in Christ it's like a parallel life in which the flesh must die to sin while it's fighting the Spirit. That's why the constant warring Paul talked about.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Getting older is like alcohol. It brings out the true character of a person. As for the Holy Spirit, his influence is independent of age -- as a new creature in Christ it's like a parallel life in which the flesh must die to sin while it's fighting the Spirit. That's why the constant warring Paul talked about.

Yeah I'm noticing the warring in me. Still working on my spirituality with the Holy Spirit. Not much opportunity to serve God lately as I've had medical problems interfering in my life.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm improving so I'm getting better. Thanks for the concern :) The last year hasn't been fun though. Lots of doctor visits.

Well I'm glad that you're getting better and I'll pray that you'll start improving even more. :)

Reactions: dev553344

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yeah and you know what it's like? I can just picture God being like Dave Seville from Alvin and The Chipmunks when it comes to me and I play the part of Alvin and because He must be losing His voice with all of the "AAAAAAPPPPPPRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIILLLLLLL'S!!!!" that He does but I know that He still loves me. :D (I'm just the female and human version of Alvin. ;) )
:D