With So Many Denominations...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Take a close look at their Statement of Faith and whether it is solidly supported by Scripture. But in order to know whether it is sound, you need to also have a good grounding in Bible and Gospel Truth.
Having done an extensive two-year study of the church, I have noticed that most statements of faith are not worth the paper they are written on for ten reasons.

One, most of them contain demands that are not in scripture

Two, most of the people who follow the said SoF would not know what a lot of it means, and therefore it is ignored.

Three, if it is wrong, you are not allowed to challenge it.

Four, I do not see a single statement of faith in the bible except that Jesus Christ is Lord.

Five, Most of what is contained in Statements of Faith make no difference at all to our salvation.

Six, What you do is more important than what you say.

Seven. By their fruits, you will know them, not by your Statement of Faith.

Eight. Statements of Faith are a good way to let people know if they are kosher.

Nine. When the rubber hits the road you will find that what the denomination says has more authority than what the scripture says.

Ten. A statement of intent would be much more useful.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Take a close look at their Statement of Faith and whether it is solidly supported by Scripture. But in order to know whether it is sound, you need to also have a good grounding in Bible and Gospel Truth.

And if you don't have a good grounding which is quite common in these days of happy-clappy churches?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Creating human, world organizations really goes in the opposite, wrong direction, in my humble

Trying to reverse engineer a copy of the Church using our notes is fraught with all kinds of dangers...

Peace be with you!

Reactions: farouk