Wives submit to your husbands

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
Submitting is not the same as obeying. In fact, the husband is also told to submit to the wife. And headship is not Lordship. The role of the head is not as a boss, but as a lifegiver and a savior to the body. The man's role in the relationship has been vastly misunderstood in the church. The two are partners, and hold equal authority over the household.

Headship is a relationship term, not an authoritative one.

Reactions: Angelina

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you cannot give up a game or show for your wife on occasion, then I fully question your ability to die for her. We seem to want to ignore the call for sacrifice at times when it doesn't transfer to our desires. Guilty as charged here.

The problem in marriage is not just laziness or feminism, the problem in marriage is a little thing called selfishness. I mean no disrespect, but you'll never understand how selfish you are until you marry and have a child because it [selfishness] is brought undeniably to the front. This is spoken from experience.

Mark 10:5-9
“It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law,” Jesus replied. “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

Stephen100

Dec 12, 2011
Selene said:
It's true that the husband is not under his wife's authority or leadership.....and a good wife who trusts and has faith in her husband becomes the crown on her husband's head. A woman who desires to take the title of her husband as "Head of the family" is a woman who does not trust or has faith in her husband because she thinks she can do a better job as "Head of the family."

Proverbs 12:4 A virtuous woman [is] a crown to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed [is] as rottenness in his bones.

If a man loves his wife, he will serve her out of love just as Christ served the Church out of love. And the woman will have no problems being obedient and trusting of her husband. But if the husband is selfish and thinks only of himself, then it would be difficult for his wife to trust him. This means that if the husband cares more about his game than the feelings of his wife...then he is being selfish. You are correct that the man is supposed to love his wife even to the point of death. That means.....the man must sacrifice the game. Be glad that it's only a game. After all, Christ sacrificed His life for His bride.
I agree with most of what you have said. The bit that I don't fully agree with is in regards to the game. If a husband is not allowed to watch a game, then the wife is controlling him. Where are we going to draw the line? What if the wife didn't want her husband going to bed early? What if the wife didn't want her husband eating a take away? What if the wife didn't want her husband doing a certain job? If the husband just gives in, then he is putting himself under his wife's authority. A husband's job is to sacrifice his life, not his hobbies. A godly wife should respect her husband's wishes, as long as he isn't sinning.

Remember, Christ layed down his life for his bride (the church), but he gives the church his commandments.

williemac said:
Submitting is not the same as obeying. In fact, the husband is also told to submit to the wife. And headship is not Lordship. The role of the head is not as a boss, but as a lifegiver and a savior to the body. The man's role in the relationship has been vastly misunderstood in the church. The two are partners, and hold equal authority over the household.

Headship is a relationship term, not an authoritative one.
Not true at all. Remember, Sarah called Abraham lord, and in Genesis God told Eve that her husband would rule over her (Genesis 3:16). Jesus is the head of the church, but he also has authority over the church. The wife does not hold equal authority over the household. This is the doctrine of feminism, not the doctrine of Biblical Scripture.

HammerStone said:
If you cannot give up a game or show for your wife on occasion, then I fully question your ability to die for her. We seem to want to ignore the call for sacrifice at times when it doesn't transfer to our desires. Guilty as charged here.

The problem in marriage is not just laziness or feminism, the problem in marriage is a little thing called selfishness. I mean no disrespect, but you'll never understand how selfish you are until you marry and have a child because it [selfishness] is brought undeniably to the front. This is spoken from experience.

Mark 10:5-9
“It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law,” Jesus replied. “But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
I understand what you're saying, but I can just reverse it: if a wife cannot let her husband watch his favorite game, then I question her ability to submit to him. I'm not saying that a husband can't miss watching a game; of course he can. I'm saying that he's under no obligation to do so. He is the head of the household. His job is to provide for and protect his wife and children. If he's not even allowed to watch his favorite program then he might be better off being single.

Warrior

Apr 18, 2012
If I ever get a wife, I think it would be cool for her to dance for me. No problem if they are true lovers

soupy

May 20, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stephen100 said:
I agree with most of what you have said. The bit that I don't fully agree with is in regards to the game. If a husband is not allowed to watch a game, then the wife is controlling him. Where are we going to draw the line? What if the wife didn't want her husband going to bed early? What if the wife didn't want her husband eating a take away? What if the wife didn't want her husband doing a certain job? If the husband just gives in, then he is putting himself under his wife's authority. A husband's job is to sacrifice his life, not his hobbies. A godly wife should respect her husband's wishes, as long as he isn't sinning.

Remember, Christ layed down his life for his bride (the church), but he gives the church his commandments.

Not true at all. Remember, Sarah called Abraham lord, and in Genesis God told Eve that her husband would rule over her (Genesis 3:16). Jesus is the head of the church, but he also has authority over the church. The wife does not hold equal authority over the household. This is the doctrine of feminism, not the doctrine of Biblical Scripture.

I understand what you're saying, but I can just reverse it: if a wife cannot let her husband watch his favorite game, then I question her ability to submit to him. I'm not saying that a husband can't miss watching a game; of course he can. I'm saying that he's under no obligation to do so. He is the head of the household. His job is to provide for and protect his wife and children. If he's not even allowed to watch his favorite program then he might be better off being single.
With your attitude, it is best you stay single,marriage is always caring for each other, it doens't work to quote the scripture you believe fits to your advantage, this isn't loving your wife. A husband thinking "I am not obligated to her", just doesn't work.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
Stephen100 said:
It is fine to quote a couple of passages without understanding them. Well, maybe it is not fine. Gen.3:16 speaks of the consequences of sin, one of which, is conflict. It does not speak of a godly relationship between husband and wife, nor is it an instruction concerning husbands to rule over their wives. If it were, there would be more scripute to follow it up and prove it.

We see more than one example of a head in scripture. In fact three are mentioned together. 1Cor.11:3 states that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. Here we find relationships on three levels. Are you going to tell me that we are not joint heirs with Jesus? Are you going to tell me that Jesus is not equal in authority with His Father, over all creation? They are co-creators and co-rulers over their household. So, it is not feminism to have the woman be equal to her husband over the children. They are partners.

But we can take from our own hard wiring just what our relationship is with our wives. Men are the initiators of a relationship. They approach the girl, ask her out, plan the date, pick her up, open the car door, pay for the date, and take her home afterward.
This tradition, although dying, is our clue as to what our roles are to be. Women are generally attracted to a strong man (in her eyes), one who can take the lead, one who basically does not come across like a wuss. She prefers a man who is funny without being a buffoon, smart without being too much of a geek, adventerous and fun without being careless, one who is dominant but not domineering, one who is responsible but not boring, one who is sensitive but not weak. (generalities)

In short, women have a basic need to feel safe, feel cared for, feel special, feel desired, but not robbed of her individuality. She wants his manhood to make her feel like a woman. And then watch her reciprocate.

The first woman came from the man's side. Her life comes from him. This has not changed. If a husband is not the lifegiver of the relationship, it will be strained. But if he is all these things for his wife, there is nothing she will not do to please him. Women are great at what they are hard wired for: to respond.

What the man is the head of is....the relationship!!!

Jesus said that the Father has life within Himself and has granted that the Son has life in Himself. (John5:26). Here is the similarity. The life of the body comes from the head..in all three cases.

So, fellow husbands, how are you making out with this role? Do you understand it really? Do you give life to your wife or do you drain it out of her? Rather, what would she say? I'm not one to toot my own horn, but I can say there is a reason my wife is deeply in love with me.( It was not without some learning on my part.)

It's like another one mentioned in an earlier post. There is no room for selfishness. Christ loved the church and gave His life for her. Do that first, and there will be no struggle with authority. A wife who is loved will love in return, and submit willingly, barring disfunction.

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Stephen100 said:
Do you think that churches today are afraid to preach about the roles of a Christian wife? It seems many Christians shy away from this verse. The husband is the head of the wife and she is to obey him.
I'm inclined to agree with you Stephen.

Yes, I'm single, still. Hopefully the girl I'm trying to woo will change that sooner than later :p.

Anyhow, the reason I like this girl is she is very submissive to the God-ordained authority, her father in this case.
There are very few women like that now, and it's contributing to a massive meltdown in society. I believe that we are yet to see the climatic fallout. We've experienced alot already, but it's nothing compared to what is coming.

I know people always bring up the flip, such as this one: the husband must be loving, but can we stop for a moment. When God said, Children, obey your parents, did he give a condition, 'If they treat you well.' ? Did he do that with wives? with husbands? No.

The key to change is being the change you want to see.
If your wife doesn't submit, love her anyway. If your husband doesn't care for you, submit anyway. If your children won't submit, don't provoke them anyway. If your parents abuse you, obey them anyhow. (within reason that is.)

Stephen100

Dec 12, 2011
soupy said:
With your attitude, it is best you stay single,marriage is always caring for each other, it doens't work to quote the scripture you believe fits to your advantage, this isn't loving your wife. A husband thinking "I am not obligated to her", just doesn't work.
Yes, I do think these days being single is the best opinion. Feminism is too rampant, even in the church. Too many Christians are unwilling to stick to Biblical Scripture.

williemac said:
It is fine to quote a couple of passages without understanding them. Well, maybe it is not fine. Gen.3:16 speaks of the consequences of sin, one of which, is conflict. It does not speak of a godly relationship between husband and wife, nor is it an instruction concerning husbands to rule over their wives. If it were, there would be more scripute to follow it up and prove it.

We see more than one example of a head in scripture. In fact three are mentioned together. 1Cor.11:3 states that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. Here we find relationships on three levels. Are you going to tell me that we are not joint heirs with Jesus? Are you going to tell me that Jesus is not equal in authority with His Father, over all creation? They are co-creators and co-rulers over their household. So, it is not feminism to have the woman be equal to her husband over the children. They are partners.

But we can take from our own hard wiring just what our relationship is with our wives. Men are the initiators of a relationship. They approach the girl, ask her out, plan the date, pick her up, open the car door, pay for the date, and take her home afterward.
This tradition, although dying, is our clue as to what our roles are to be. Women are generally attracted to a strong man (in her eyes), one who can take the lead, one who basically does not come across like a wuss. She prefers a man who is funny without being a buffoon, smart without being too much of a geek, adventerous and fun without being careless, one who is dominant but not domineering, one who is responsible but not boring, one who is sensitive but not weak. (generalities)

In short, women have a basic need to feel safe, feel cared for, feel special, feel desired, but not robbed of her individuality. She wants his manhood to make her feel like a woman. And then watch her reciprocate.

The first woman came from the man's side. Her life comes from him. This has not changed. If a husband is not the lifegiver of the relationship, it will be strained. But if he is all these things for his wife, there is nothing she will not do to please him. Women are great at what they are hard wired for: to respond.

What the man is the head of is....the relationship!!!

Jesus said that the Father has life within Himself and has granted that the Son has life in Himself. (John5:26). Here is the similarity. The life of the body comes from the head..in all three cases.

So, fellow husbands, how are you making out with this role? Do you understand it really? Do you give life to your wife or do you drain it out of her? Rather, what would she say? I'm not one to toot my own horn, but I can say there is a reason my wife is deeply in love with me.( It was not without some learning on my part.)

It's like another one mentioned in an earlier post. There is no room for selfishness. Christ loved the church and gave His life for her. Do that first, and there will be no struggle with authority. A wife who is loved will love in return, and submit willingly, barring disfunction.
The Bible doesn't teach that the woman has equal authority in the family. It's interesting isn't it. People have no problem saying that husbands must be willing to die for their wives, but they are afraid to admit that the husband is the head of the family. This is what feminism has done. Too many churches are afraid to offend people with the truth. God said that Adam wold rule over his wife, period. God could not have made it any clearer. A real man will stand up for the truth.

ZebraHug said:

Yes, I'm single, still. Hopefully the girl I'm trying to woo will change that sooner than later :p.

Anyhow, the reason I like this girl is she is very submissive to the God-ordained authority, her father in this case.
There are very few women like that now, and it's contributing to a massive meltdown in society. I believe that we are yet to see the climatic fallout. We've experienced alot already, but it's nothing compared to what is coming.

I know people always bring up the flip, such as this one: the husband must be loving, but can we stop for a moment. When God said, Children, obey your parents, did he give a condition, 'If they treat you well.' ? Did he do that with wives? with husbands? No.

If your wife doesn't submit, love her anyway. If your husband doesn't care for you, submit anyway. If your children won't submit, don't provoke them anyway. If your parents abuse you, obey them anyhow. (within reason that is.)
Well said. Remember, in the last days the church will fall away. The reason the church is in such a mess today is because Christians just pick and choose what Scriptures tickle their fancy. Look at how many church attenders are supporting gay marriage, fornication, abortion, divorce, etc.

With the issue of the roles of a husband and wife, we are told that a husband must sacrifice himself for his wife, but the husband does not have authority over his wife. So in other words, a husband must die for his wife, but a wife doesn't have to be under her husband's authority. This is a classic example of cherry picking scripture.

Only few will enter heaven. The church today is a joke.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
ZebraHug said:

I like your lingalee. :)

Stephen100 said:
Yes, I do think these days being single is the best opinion. Feminism is too rampant, even in the church. Too many Christians are unwilling to stick to Biblical Scripture.

The Bible doesn't teach that the woman has equal authority in the family. It's interesting isn't it. People have no problem saying that husbands must be willing to die for their wives, but they are afraid to admit that the husband is the head of the family. This is what feminism has done. Too many churches are afraid to offend people with the truth. God said that Adam wold rule over his wife, period. God could not have made it any clearer. A real man will stand up for the truth.

Well said. Remember, in the last days the church will fall away. The reason the church is in such a mess today is because Christians just pick and choose what Scriptures tickle their fancy. Look at how many church attenders are supporting gay marriage, fornication, abortion, divorce, etc.

With the issue of the roles of a husband and wife, we are told that a husband must sacrifice himself for his wife, but the husband does not have authority over his wife. So in other words, a husband must die for his wife, but a wife doesn't have to be under her husband's authority. This is a classic example of cherry picking scripture.

I agree with the Cherry picking of scripture idea. I think most men who talk about such a sensitive issue these days are quite afraid to speak up, possible due to the fact they're ***** whipped. Society doesn't tolerate the patriarchal view on life. In-fact these are what I call the "Ahab's & Jezebels" of society.

They HATE God and anything he stands for. Including Man and his God given role in the family and society. Such wicked woman and effeminate and corrupt men seem to be the order of the day.

Stephen100

Dec 12, 2011
JB_Reformed Baptist said:
I like your lingalee. :)

I agree with the Cherry picking of scripture idea. I think most men who talk about such a sensitive issue these days are quite afraid to speak up, possible due to the fact they're ***** whipped. Society doesn't tolerate the patriarchal view on life. In-fact these are what I call the "Ahab's & Jezebels" of society.

They HATE God and anything he stands for. Including Man and his God given role in the family and society. Such wicked woman and effeminate and corrupt men seem to be the order of the day.
But the thing is, Christians should know better. I couldn't care less about the opinions of those outside the church, but now we have people coming into the church, professing to be followers of Christ, yet don't stick to Biblical Scripture. I've done some research and I've discovered that many Christians are leaving the churches because they have had enough of the hypocrisy.

Christians will tell me that you have to go to church because we are told not to forsake the gatherings. But what do you do when your local churches are politically correct? For a happy marriage to survive, both husband and wife must obey their roles that God gave them. Problems start when we try to water down the roles of a certain gender.

The way to build the family is to build up the man. The man (husband) is the head of the family. Satan wants to attack this, because once a husband's authority and headship is undermined, it will weaken the order that God ordained for marriage. It is no coincidence that since the explosion of feminism has risen, so has the number of divorces and broken families.

Satan lies to women. Just as Satan wanted to be like God, he tries to convince women to be like men, to have the same authority. He tells women that it's unfair to be under their husband's authority, and that they need to compete in order to gain "equality." What's sad is that many Christians are also telling the devil's lie. They cannot accept that the husband is the head of his wife, even though God has made this perfectly clear.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
Stephen100 said:

Only a few? John had a vision when he was in exile. He saw a great multitude around the throne that no man can number. This is the fulfillment of God's promise to Abraham that his descendants (of faith) would be as the sand of the sea. What is a "joke" is the attitude that resembles a certain prophet in a cave, thinking that there was no one but he.

I don't disagree with some of your reply, but why take it to the extreme?

If a husband today actually knows his role and is treating his wife as a man should treat a woman, then her submission to him would not be an issue. You sound resentful. But I will testify that in loving my wife, her response to me is one of the most wonderful and fulfilling experiences in my life in the flesh. And I say in the flesh because in Christ, we are all one. There is not even a male and female role in Christ. Equality is a godly concept. But for now, the man is the protecter fo the woman. He is her coverning. She has a basic need to feel safe. How many actually feel safe in their relationship? How many men have an "its all about me" thing going on? Is a wife a servant or a mate? In fact, Jesus came as a servant and did this as an example. We are to serve one another in realtionship. The head is simply the stronger person who is the savior of the body.

I would say that when a man takes on the proper role and attitude in a relationship, then maybe he can talk about authority.

The selfishness and abuse of authority has been the reason for the feminist movement in the first place. They are simply striking back. As wrong as they are, they certainly have a violent history to feed their motives.

Stephen100

Dec 12, 2011
williemac said:
Only a few? John had a vision when he was in exile. He saw a great multitude around the throne that no man can number. This is the fulfillment of God's promise to Abraham that his descendants (of faith) would be as the sand of the sea. What is a "joke" is the attitude that resembles a certain prophet in a cave, thinking that there was no one but he.

I don't disagree with some of your reply, but why take it to the extreme?

If a husband today actually knows his role and is treating his wife as a man should treat a woman, then her submission to him would not be an issue. You sound resentful. But I will testify that in loving my wife, her response to me is one of the most wonderful and fulfilling experiences in my life in the flesh. And I say in the flesh because in Christ, we are all one. There is not even a male and female role in Christ. Equality is a godly concept. But for now, the man is the protecter fo the woman. He is her coverning. She has a basic need to feel safe. How many actually feel safe in their relationship? How many men have an "its all about me" thing going on? Is a wife a servant or a mate? In fact, Jesus came as a servant and did this as an example. We are to serve one another in realtionship. The head is simply the stronger person who is the savior of the body.

I would say that when a man takes on the proper role and attitude in a relationship, then maybe he can talk about authority.

The selfishness and abuse of authority has been the reason for the feminist movement in the first place. They are simply striking back. As wrong as they are, they certainly have a violent history to feed their motives.
Compared to how many people won't make it, it will only be a few. These are Jesus' words, not mine. And the husband is still the head of his wife. Even if the husband is not loving his wife, she still has to submit. In the same way, if a wife does not submit, the husband still has to love her. But the wife does not have equal authority in the family. God ordained men for this. It is Satan who tries to say otherwise. Feminism has nothing to do with equality. It's about attacking a man's authority and masculinity. And the criticizing of men that you so much like to pint out, I can make a long list of sinful things that women do. You sound slightly sexist towards men. Are you a feminist?

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
Stephan,

Many church's are now more concerned with being politically correct, not holy scripture correct.

Our bible teaches this would happen,....many false teachings, wolves in sheeps clothing, a falling away from the true gospel.

So many American "Christians" are not truly born again.

You must trust God that He will help you find a healthy church, my church teaches from the bible and does not change the meaning to fit their agenda, many Christians fall for the teachers in "sheeps clothing" because they do not read the scriptures.

That being said, as a women, I find many replies disturbing,....divorse is high among among the church for all the reasons I stated above, to blame it on women is of the flesh.

Stephen, I say this in love, but you come off very bitter, and not trusting God.

It is not better for man to be alone,....remember Adam and Eve? If you put your faith in God He will find you a true Christian women, He will find you true Christian friends, and fellowship.

Real born again Christians are becoming a rare breed in America or in any contemporary society today.

Stop the finger pointing, serve The Lord, love your neighbor and your enemies, ....Jesus warned us in the end times there would be a great falling away from the Truth.....men and women

I do pray you find a beautiful women in Christ, for Apostle Paul's command to stay single was of his own wisdom, not of The Lord, Paul states this himself.

God bless

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, with all due respect, you're speaking from the perspective of a single person with no real concept of marriage, and it absolutely shows here because your entire premise is based around whether you get to watch your game or not.

Jesus washed the feet of the men who would scatter (the 11) and even deny him (Peter) in John 13:1-17. He even perhaps washed the feet of the man who would seal the deal to kill him. Do you think that his flesh nature was not resistant to this? Do you really think that a man who does this would opt to watch a sports event in such a manner?

Did Jesus wait for the disciples to submit to him first in all aspects, or did he die for them first, even the ones whom would waver?

Yes, if your wife jumped in front of the TV screaming and waving her arms to block your view of every game you want to watch we could probably agree that there would be an issue. However, simply saying that she blocks you from watching a game becomes a straw women of sorts.

He is absolutely under obligation to miss a game (or all of them) if it involves serving his wife in his role as leader of the family.

Stephen100

Dec 12, 2011
Ruth said:
Stephan,

Many church's are now more concerned with being politically correct, not holy scripture correct.

Our bible teaches this would happen,....many false teachings, wolves in sheeps clothing, a falling away from the true gospel.

So many American "Christians" are not truly born again.

You must trust God that He will help you find a healthy church, my church teaches from the bible and does not change the meaning to fit their agenda, many Christians fall for the teachers in "sheeps clothing" because they do not read the scriptures.

That being said, as a women, I find many replies disturbing,....divorse is high among among the church for all the reasons I stated above, to blame it on women is of the flesh.

Stephen, I say this in love, but you come off very bitter, and not trusting God.

It is not better for man to be alone,....remember Adam and Eve? If you put your faith in God He will find you a true Christian women, He will find you true Christian friends, and fellowship.

Real born again Christians are becoming a rare breed in America or in any contemporary society today.

Stop the finger pointing, serve The Lord, love your neighbor and your enemies, ....Jesus warned us in the end times there would be a great falling away from the Truth.....men and women

I do pray you find a beautiful women in Christ, for Apostle Paul's command to stay single was of his own wisdom, not of The Lord, Paul states this himself.

God bless
Thanks for your reply. I'm not bitter, just frustrated. I'm frustrated at how Christians cherry pick the Bible. And I'm not putting all the blame on women, I'm putting most of the blame on feminists. You told me to stop finger pointing, yet this is what women do all the time--finger point.

When God said it is not good for a man be alone, this was before sin. This was when everything was perfect. However, things changed after sin. The apostle Paul was one of the greatest apostles. All Scripture is God breathed. I believe Paul got his wisdom from the Lord. How can the Bible be 100% God breathed if Paul's wisdom was not from God?

Single is best for me. There's too much feminism in the church. Men are no longer respected, and very few Christians are willing to hold firm to Biblical scripture.

HammerStone said:
And, with all due respect, you're speaking from the perspective of a single person with no real concept of marriage, and it absolutely shows here because your entire premise is based around whether you get to watch your game or not.

Jesus washed the feet of the men who would scatter (the 11) and even deny him (Peter) in John 13:1-17. He even perhaps washed the feet of the man who would seal the deal to kill him. Do you think that his flesh nature was not resistant to this? Do you really think that a man who does this would opt to watch a sports event in such a manner?

Did Jesus wait for the disciples to submit to him first in all aspects, or did he die for them first, even the ones whom would waver?

Yes, if your wife jumped in front of the TV screaming and waving her arms to block your view of every game you want to watch we could probably agree that there would be an issue. However, simply saying that she blocks you from watching a game becomes a straw women of sorts.

He is absolutely under obligation to miss a game (or all of them) if it involves serving his wife in his role as leader of the family.
Not true! The husband is under no obligation whatsoever to miss watching a game, because he is head of the house. If his wife nags him just because he wants to watch a game, she's the one who is sinning because she is not respecting him. Bloody hell, a husband has to die for his wife and yet he's not even allowed to watch a game. No wonder so many men are not getting married.

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
This example of a wife not allowing a husband to watch a game is just strange, no women would do such a thing for no reason unless something was wrong in the marriage.

Stephan your frustration with women and feminism has some truth, but there are still many Godly women and church's to be found.

As for the apostle Paul, agreed he was a great man of God, anointed by the Holy Spirit, but he did point out when he was speaking from his own conviction and not nessasaraly a command from The Lord.

One example...

1 Corinthians 7

6But this I SAY by way of concession, not of command. 7Yet I wish that all men were even as I myself am (single) However, each man has his own gift from God, one in this manner, and another in that.

8But I SAY to the unmarried and to widows that it is good for them if they remain even as I. 9But if they do not have self-control, let them marry; for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

10But to the married I give instructions, NOT I ,BUT THE LORD that the wife should not leave her husband 11(but if she does leave, she must remain unmarried, or else be reconciled to her husband), and that the husband should not divorce his wife.

Stephen100

Dec 12, 2011
Ruth said:
This example of a wife not allowing a husband to watch a game is just strange, no women would do such a thing for no reason unless something was wrong in the marriage.

Stephan your frustration with women and feminism has some truth, but there are still many Godly women and church's to be found.

As for the apostle Paul, agreed he was a great man of God, anointed by the Holy Spirit, but he did point out when he was speaking from his own conviction and not nessasaraly a command from The Lord.

One example...

1 Corinthians 7

6But this I SAY by way of concession, not of command. 7Yet I wish that all men were even as I myself am (single) However, each man has his own gift from God, one in this manner, and another in that.

8But I SAY to the unmarried and to widows that it is good for them if they remain even as I. 9But if they do not have self-control, let them marry; for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

10But to the married I give instructions, NOT I ,BUT THE LORD that the wife should not leave her husband 11(but if she does leave, she must remain unmarried, or else be reconciled to her husband), and that the husband should not divorce his wife.
Well, there's no Godly church where I live, period.

Regarding Paul, there is something you seem to be missing. There are times when the Lord could give Paul a direct commandment to give to others, but Paul's wisdom would still have come from God. Either the Bible is 100% God breathed, or it isn't. Paul said that it's better to remain single. Either this wisdom came from God, or it didn't.

I will never get married. I'm 28 and have been happily single for 8 years. Nobody has ever come close to changing my mind. I gave up a long time ago. Single is best for me.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Stephen100 said:

It starts with the man because God created Adam first and the man takes the lead in how his marriage should turn out. If the man sacrificed his game or show, then the wife will know that she can trust her husband. She sees that her husband is not selfish and would sacrifice his life even to protect her. The next time the man watches his favorite game, the wife will allow her husband to watch it. The power lies in both man and woman because they are equal as human beings and each play an important role.

Stephen100

Dec 12, 2011
Selene said:
It starts with the man because God created Adam first and the man takes the lead in how his marriage should turn out. If the man sacrificed his game or show, then the wife will know that she can trust her husband. She sees that her husband is not selfish and would sacrifice his life even to protect her. The next time the man watches his favorite game, the wife will allow her husband to watch it. The power lies in both man and woman because they are equal as human beings and each play an important role.
Yes, but where do we draw the line? If we can agree that the husband is the head of his family, then in what sense does the husband give up the things that he likes to do in his own home? Instead of admitting that the wife should respect her husbands wishes to watch the game, you are turning it around and saying that the husband should obey his wife instead. A husband is required to lay down his life for his wife. That's not the same thing as giving up his hobbies.

If we begin to undermine a husband's authority, things will get very complicated. For example, let's say that the husband had worked a long shift, and when he got home he decided to go to bed early. But the wife wanted him to stay up another 2 hours to spend time with her, but the husband was falling asleep because of his hard day's work. Is the husband obligated to respect his wife's wishes and force himself to stay awake, or is the wife obligated to respect her husband's wishes and allow him to go to bed?

What you seem to be doing is saying that the husband should obey his wife's wishes instead of the wife obeying her husband's wishes. This is the feminist mentality that I'm talking about. The husband is the head and gets to make the final decision, not the other way around.

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
Stephen100 said:
Yes, but where do we draw the line? If we can agree that the husband is the head of his family, then in what sense does the husband give up the things that he likes to do in his own home? Instead of admitting that the wife should respect her husbands wishes to watch the game, you are turning it around and saying that the husband should obey his wife instead. A husband is required to lay down his life for his wife. That's not the same thing as giving up his hobbies.

If we begin to undermine a husband's authority, things will get very complicated. For example, let's say that the husband had worked a long shift, and when he got home he decided to go to bed early. But the wife wanted him to stay up another 2 hours to spend time with her, but the husband was falling asleep because of his hard day's work. Is the husband obligated to respect his wife's wishes and force himself to stay awake, or is the wife obligated to respect her husband's wishes and allow him to go to bed?

What you seem to be doing is saying that the husband should obey his wife's wishes instead of the wife obeying her husband's wishes. This is the feminist mentality that I'm talking about. The husband is the head and gets to make the final decision, not the other way around.
You seem very young in spiritual wisdom, almost selfish in your means of leadership.

Even our God as Jesus submitted to to serving unconditionally, you need to find mature Christian men to mentor you, and pray for the Holy Spirit to humble your heart....relax and go watch your game, stay away from women for your heart is not right before The Lord, to love unconditionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.