Wives submit to your husbands

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen100

Dec 12, 2011
Do you think that churches today are afraid to preach about the roles of a Christian wife? It seems many Christians shy away from this verse. The husband is the head of the wife and she is to obey him.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Stephen100 said:
Do you think that churches today are afraid to preach about the roles of a Christian wife? It seems many Christians shy away from this verse. The husband is the head of the wife and she is to obey him.
Love and Respect go together. It is difficult to respect someone that does not love you.

Don't just put this on women. It is a two way street. I know many that bear their cross and respect their husband even though he does not lay down his life for them as Christ did for the church.

Yes, there are some that do not show their husband any respect and the thing is, they want to, but they have been hurt by his lack of love.

Col 3:19 Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Let's start with the leader of the home. Do you think churches are afraid to call men on the carpet who are abusing their wives and not showing love? Demanding obedience from someone without demonstrating whole hearted love for them, is not what God had in mind.

Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

We are able to subject ourselves to Christ because He laid down His life for us and has our best interests at heart.

I guarantee you that if a husband lays down his life for his wife as Christ did for the Church and demonstrates to his bride that he absolutely has her best interests at heart, she will respect him and subject herself to his leadership because she trusts him and knows he loves her with a love that will not defraud her (take advantage of her). Yet, many bear a cross of respecting an unloving and abusive husband.

By the way God did not put the following verse in the Bible for men. So you men out there, just ignore it and make believe it is not there and don't use it against your wife. This scripture is for them, not you. Leave it alone.
Eph 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

These verses are for you, husbands:

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

If you love yourself, be nice to your wife. :)

Axehead

Reactions: Shirley

Stephen100

Dec 12, 2011
Axehead said:
Love and Respect go together. It is difficult to respect someone that does not love you.

Don't just put this on women. It is a two way street. I know many that bear their cross and respect their husband even though he does not lay down his life for them as Christ did for the church.

Yes, there are some that do not show their husband any respect and the thing is, they want to, but they have been hurt by his lack of love.

Col 3:19 Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.

Let's start with the leader of the home. Do you think churches are afraid to call men on the carpet who are abusing their wives and not showing love? Demanding obedience from someone without demonstrating whole hearted love for them, is not what God had in mind.

Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

We are able to subject ourselves to Christ because He laid down His life for us and has our best interests at heart.

I guarantee you that if a husband lays down his life for his wife as Christ did for the Church and demonstrates to his bride that he absolutely has her best interests at heart, she will respect him and subject herself to his leadership because she trusts him and knows he loves her with a love that will not defraud her (take advantage of her). Yet, many bear a cross of respecting an unloving and abusive husband.

By the way God did not put the following verse in the Bible for men. So you men out there, just ignore it and make believe it is not there and don't use it against your wife. This scripture is for them, not you. Leave it alone.
Eph 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

These verses are for you, husbands:

Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

If you love yourself, be nice to your wife. :)

Axehead
It's interesting how you turned everything around and turned the attention on the husband. I was talking about the roles of a Christian wife. Also, there are many husbands who love their wives as Christ loved the church, and still their wives will refuse to obey their roles. But why did you try to evade my point? I was pointing out that wives should submit to their husbands because the husband is the head.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
When wives submit to their husbands and stay true to Christ by being faithful to the Word in all areas of their life, then God can turn your husbands heart towards you.
It may not be instantly, but it is God who gives us favor in a persons eyes. God's desire is for all to come to do His will and the acknowedgement of Him.

God raised up Pharoah who had a hard heart towards God and so God further hardened his heart to show us the Sovereignty of Him and how He can bring someone to bless you or curse you. Obedience to the Word/Christ is the key. When the spirit of anger or dissention comes between husband & wife or any two people, we must resist the devil and he will flee. You do this by holding your tongue against returning evil for evil, for if you don't refrain from letting your tongue fly with fire, then the devil has the legal right, to steal your blessings, kill your love for one another and destroy your marriage comes and robs you of the blessings that God could have bestowed on you if you would have remained firm in the Word standing on the promises of God for your faithfulness to Christ.
If my husband who is a believer in Jesus.. but does not abide in the Word says we are going to do something that I do not feel is right for me as a Christian to do. I take it to The Judge.. Lord. I let Him know (He already knows) that my husband is making plans for us to do something that I feel would displease Him, but, since He has told me to obey my husband, I am casting this care onto You/Father to either take the thought of this away from him so that it does not come to pass or to allow it if that is what He wants us to do. I am now relievedfrom the outcome and enter into His rest because I have sought God to intervene in my behalf. I trust that God would not allow me to stumble if I seek His will in any situation and I do this all the time. When we understand that the only one we truly have to please is the Lord of all, our life becomes easier and easier and your promised land begins to manifest for the kingdom of heaven is Within YOU.
Matt 11:27-30
27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
KJV

Blessings

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Stephen100 said:
It's interesting how you turned everything around and turned the attention on the husband. I was talking about the roles of a Christian wife. Also, there are many husbands who love their wives as Christ loved the church, and still their wives will refuse to obey their roles. But why did you try to evade my point? I was pointing out that wives should submit to their husbands because the husband is the head.
Well, Stephen, I agree with you. The Scriptures do say that a wife should submit to her husband. Are you married?

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
To add, I also pray for my husband, asking that God will guide him for us in everything we do, because the Lord has told me to obey my husband I want to make sure that the Lord is working in him for our life's managment. I exalt the Word every day to my husband to bless him. My husband is very good to me and respects my obedience to God. All glory unto God

Stephen100

Dec 12, 2011
Axehead said:
Well, Stephen, I agree with you. The Scriptures do say that a wife should submit to her husband. Are you married?
No, I'm single. Marriage is not for me.

afaithfulone4u said:
When wives submit to their husbands and stay true to Christ by being faithful to the Word in all areas of their life, then God can turn your husbands heart towards you.
It may not be instantly, but it is God who gives us favor in a persons eyes. God's desire is for all to come to do His will and the acknowedgement of Him.

God raised up Pharoah who had a hard heart towards God and so God further hardened his heart to show us the Sovereignty of Him and how He can bring someone to bless you or curse you. Obedience to the Word/Christ is the key. When the spirit of anger or dissention comes between husband & wife or any two people, we must resist the devil and he will flee. You do this by holding your tongue against returning evil for evil, for if you don't refrain from letting your tongue fly with fire, then the devil has the legal right, to steal your blessings, kill your love for one another and destroy your marriage comes and robs you of the blessings that God could have bestowed on you if you would have remained firm in the Word standing on the promises of God for your faithfulness to Christ.
If my husband who is a believer in Jesus.. but does not abide in the Word says we are going to do something that I do not feel is right for me as a Christian to do. I take it to The Judge.. Lord. I let Him know (He already knows) that my husband is making plans for us to do something that I feel would displease Him, but, since He has told me to obey my husband, I am casting this care onto You/Father to either take the thought of this away from him so that it does not come to pass or to allow it if that is what He wants us to do. I am now relievedfrom the outcome and enter into His rest because I have sought God to intervene in my behalf. I trust that God would not allow me to stumble if I seek His will in any situation and I do this all the time. When we understand that the only one we truly have to please is the Lord of all, our life becomes easier and easier and your promised land begins to manifest for the kingdom of heaven is Within YOU.
Matt 11:27-30
27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
KJV

Blessings
Is your husband a Christian?

Axehead

May 9, 2012
afaithfulone4u said:
To add, I also pray for my husband, asking that God will guide him for us in everything we do, because the Lord has told me to obey my husband I want to make sure that the Lord is working in him for our life's managment. I exalt the Word every day to my husband to bless him. My husband is very good to me and respects my obedience to God. All glory unto God
Amen dear sister. I love my wife and I pray for her as we are one in the Lord. More importantly she is a co-heir with Christ and we are brethren together in this great and wonderful race. I don't see her below me and she does not see me above her. She has a very sweet spirit and loves the Lord with all her heart. She sacrifices herself for everyone else. And I don't say that lightly, she really does think about others more than herself. She has great discernment and a tender heart and together we are serving the Lord. "Two are better than one, but a three-fold cord is not easily broken" (Eccl 4:12). She is not here to just submit to me.

Stephen100 said:
Well, bless your heart. Why did you bring this subject up? Are you noticing something about marriages in your church or in your family? I think it is interesting that a single person would start a thread titled, "Wives submit to your husbands".

Have you ever been married? Marriage is nothing like what single people who have never been married can envision. Really. I'm not kidding. We think we know when we are single, but we really don't. It's not a negative or anything, it's just impossible to know intimately about something that you are not actually partaking of.

Stephen100 said:
My husband is the Lord. My wife is a Christian. :rolleyes:

Reactions: dragonfly

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
submitting, obeying, AND loving like Christ loves the church are ALL different ways of saying the same thing - Love your spouse.

Stephen100

Dec 12, 2011
A reply to Axehead

I brought this topic up because there are so many divorces in the church today, so obviously something is wrong. One thing I've noticed quite a lot is that feminism seems to be creeping into the church. I've been on other Christian forums where many of the women are very bitter. They also try to argue that the Scriptures about submission no longer apply to Christian wives today. I've also come across many Christian men who have chosen to remain single because of feminism in the church. This is just a topic that interests me.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Stephen100 said:

Let's just say that he believes in Jesus as the Son of God, but has not submitted to him as Lord of his life. He is the one who took me to church the day I was baptised in the Holy Spirit on Resurrection day 2002 and I do believe it was a divine appointment as I probably would not have ever went to church that day and have not stopped reading the Bible since.
My husband and I do everything together and he never interferes with my reading the Bible and in fact purposefully puts Biblical programs on for me or buys me Biblical movies or CD tools for learning and his desire is for us to go to Jerusalem to see the holy land. I do believe that God watches over him, he was an orphan from birth and never had a mother or a father to guide him. The Lord watches over orphans and I am thankful that God brought him into my life so that I can show him love for his last years.

Axehead said:
Amen dear sister. I love my wife and I pray for her as we are one in the Lord. More importantly she is a co-heir with Christ and we are brethren together in this great and wonderful race. I don't see her below me and she does not see me above her. She has a very sweet spirit and loves the Lord with all her heart. She sacrifices herself for everyone else. And I don't say that lightly, she really does think about others more than herself. She has great discernment and a tender heart and together we are serving the Lord. "Two are better than one, but a three-fold cord is not easily broken" (Eccl 4:12). She is
not here to just submit to me.
How blessed you are to have a wife who loves the Lord as you!!
I pray for a husband(my own) who loves the Lord. I can do that because he has been water baptised so he confessed the desire to be cleansed of sin.. but he has not set his heart to follow Christ.. Yet! We should not pray for those who are unbelievers to come to Christ, for Jesus didn't and it is wrong to ask God to save those who do not have a heart for Him and His Word.. but we are to pray for all believers to come into understanding.
It is good to do good to others and we must always put others first... but to bless them with God's Word is the best thing you can do for anyone because there is no end to the needy, but there could be, if they turned to the Lord and left their life of sin so that God could raise them up and not need other's to always do their work.

I believe that the love we show our spouse is showing love for God and vice versa for our spouses love towards us, for we must do all things as if doing it for the Lord

Happy for you Axehead : )

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Stephen100 said:
A reply to Axehead

I brought this topic up because there are so many divorces in the church today, so obviously something is wrong. One thing I've noticed quite a lot is that feminism seems to be creeping into the church. I've been on other Christian forums where many of the women are very bitter. They also try to argue that the Scriptures about submission no longer apply to Christian wives today. I've also come across many Christian men who have chosen to remain single because of feminism in the church. This is just a topic that interests me.
Stephen, there are many unbelievers in the church, today. There is much "mixture" and the spirit of world (which sees divorce as ok) is in the church. With this mixture comes all kinds of spirits. Yes, feminism is another one.

There is no security in unbelief. Going to a church building once a week may make people feel good, but you and I know there is much more to following Jesus then getting your "ticket punched once a week".

Why do divorces happen? Self is on the throne and not the Lord Jesus is the obvious answer, but the details are as numerous as there are divorces.

Are there also a lot of divorces in the fellowship you are attending?

All the best,
Axehead

Axehead

May 9, 2012
afaithfulone4u said:
Let's just say that he believes in Jesus as the Son of God, but has not submitted to him as Lord of his life. He is the one who took me to church the day I was baptised in the Holy Spirit on Resurrection day 2002 and I do believe it was a divine appointment as I probably would not have ever went to church that day and have not stopped reading the Bible since.

My husband and I do everything together and he never interferes with my reading the Bible and in fact purposefully puts Biblical programs on for me or buys me Biblical movies or CD tools for learning and his desire is for us to go to Jerusalem to see the holy land. I do believe that God watches over him, he was an orphan from birth and never had a mother or a father to guide him. The Lord watches over orphans and I am thankful that God brought him into my life so that I can show him love for his last years.
That is a very sweet story, afaithfulone4u. It sounds like you two have a great relationship built on love and mutual respect. The Bible actually says, "submitting yourselves one to another", and I have found that this is the proof of Holy Spirit fruit as we mutually submit to each other in love, preferring each other more than self.

Eph 5:21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

Amazing when you just love your spouse in every way you can, how it comes back to you and you have no lack. I hope you can go to Jerusalem, soon. I lived there for 4 months. I had just been discharged from the Navy (I had gotten saved and filled with the Holy Spirit overseas) and I did not want to start working or start going to school, yet. The Lord laid on my heart to go over to Israel about a year before I left the Navy. I just had a backpack and had a couple of Arab Christian contacts and a couple of Jewish Christian contacts. I ended up living in Bethlehem for 2 months ministering to young Arab teenagers with my friend and then after that I met some Christians who worked on a Kibbutz and I joined them. My job was to milk 250 cows a day. Machines of course, but hard work.

I usually took weekends to see Israel. It is too hard to see Israel in 7 days or 2 weeks and I know most people cannot do it for 4 months. I have a lot of good memories. I was able to see most of Israel. As far north as the Golan Heights and the "Good Fence" near Metullah (Lebanese border), to the Dead Sea in the East and TelAviv in the West. Engedi was cool. Now, I know why David hid out in that beautiful oasis. I went as far south as Sharm al Sheik. Swam in the Galilee, stood on a mountain overlooking Megiddo, slept on top of Masada one night (you weren't supposed to), saw the "tomb of the Prophets" in Hebron and prayed at the Wailing Wall. I was rejoicing that the Lord had already come. But, by far, I hung out in Jerusalem (the old city) as much as I could. I did see the Mosque of Omar on the Temple Mount and visited the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. That was a bit weird. The Church of the Holy Sepulchre is within the city's gates and three are some kind of dark robed priests in there (don't know if they are greek orthodox or Catholic) and they asked me if I wanted to see Jesus' last footprint before He left earth (and how much it would cost me). Well, no thank you!! I don't believe anyone preserved His last footprint. Ahhh, religion sells doesn't it? I met many Christians that lived there and hope you do to.

I always enjoyed the garden tomb which is outside of Jerusalem. You pass by Golgotha, the "Place of the Skull", and believe me it really does look like a skull. But the people that work in the garden tomb are genuine Believers and it was always so quiet and beautiful there.

There are a lot more stories, some scary episodes with the Israeli army, interrogated right when I landed at Ben Gurion airport (several times) and coming very close to getting bit by a moray eel while snorkeling in the Red Sea.

Your trip should be a lot more calmer, Lord willing. I attended a Spirit-filled Baptist church in New Jerusalem once in a while. It was a great fellowship and I met brethren from all over the world, there.

Well, back to the OP, unless the Lord has told Stephen to stay single I would encourage him to trust the Lord for the perfect wife for him. The Lord is faithful and will do it, if we trust him. And there is something special when a man and wife in Christ, dwell together in unity supporting one another and praying for one another. They get their prayers answered and are blessed to see God move in the lives of those around them, especially their children.

So, Stephen, don't make your decision based on what you see happening in other people's lives. I think you are giving into fear. Think about it, won't you?

afaithfulone4u said:
How blessed you are to have a wife who loves the Lord as you!!
I pray for a husband(my own) who loves the Lord. I can do that because he has been water baptised so he confessed the desire to be cleansed of sin.. but he has not set his heart to follow Christ.. Yet! We should not pray for those who are unbelievers to come to Christ, for Jesus didn't and it is wrong to ask God to save those who do not have a heart for Him and His Word.. but we are to pray for all believers to come into understanding.
It is good to do good to others and we must always put others first... but to bless them with God's Word is the best thing you can do for anyone because there is no end to the needy, but there could be, if they turned to the Lord and left their life of sin so that God could raise them up and not need other's to always do their work.

I believe that the love we show our spouse is showing love for God and vice versa for our spouses love towards us, for we must do all things as if doing it for the Lord

Happy for you Axehead : )
I know when I don't love my spouse, the Lord is not happy with me, and I'm really not happy, either. In April we will be married 23 years and it has been a wonderful 23 years.

Abundant blessings to you, afaithfulone and may the Lord's will be done in your marriage and raise the both of you up to touch many lives with the love of Christ.

I have enjoyed many of your posts. I did not comment but especially liked the one about the "looking for the Temple" and was this Temple that Temple that God now dwells in, His Body. I never really believed a second Temple would be built, I don't know, it just was never confirmed in my spirit. But, I do think the temple is the Body of Christ. Maybe I will add some thoughts in that thread.

Must go now, enjoyed chatting with you,
Axehead

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
aspen2 said:
submitting, obeying, AND loving like Christ loves the church are ALL different ways of saying the same thing - Love your spouse.
-- Exactly.

Arnie Manitoba said:
Women are always causing trouble somewhere.
Its what they do.
-- Arnie's got nothing against women. He thinks everyone should own one ;) (j/k)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Stephen100

Ephesians 5
22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

I think that Churches today ought to preach the whole word of God regarding husbands and wives and not just the role of a wife. Especially since there is a mystery involved relating to Christ and the Church... ^_^

Blessings!

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Stephen100 said:
A reply to Axehead

It's true there are many divorces in the Church today, but I do wonder if feminism is the highest cause of these divorces. I've wondered about the cause myself, and from what I've observed, I think people are just lazy. Things get hard, so they get out. They, neither of them, seem to understand that to 'love' your spouse is to commit to them no matter the circumstances. If it gets hard, you just need to commit and support even more.
As far as feminism....it's possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard of (the movement...not your mentioning of it!). I'm all for equality...but let's face it....a truly biblical perspective brings 'equality' for women...sure we have different roles, but as equal image bearers of God, we have equal worth. Feminism doesn't seek equality, they seek a reversal of roles. They want to be boss, they want to be able to subjugate males, they want what often comes naturally to women...to take charge and have no one gainsay them. And you know what....I very much doubt even if they got that they would be happy.
But as a woman, I have to say that I love my place. I simply could not do some of the things my husband does, but then, he could not do some of the things I do. I love that the things I CAN do help and support him and make him happy and content to come home after a really hard days work. It's how God intended it to be...same worth, different roles. In the end, it's always better to go with how God designed it!!

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Stephen100 said:
Hot topic indeed, in this effeminate, feminist society. Well done for raising this. :)

Stephen100

Dec 12, 2011
Rach said:
It's true there are many divorces in the Church today, but I do wonder if feminism is the highest cause of these divorces. I've wondered about the cause myself, and from what I've observed, I think people are just lazy. Things get hard, so they get out. They, neither of them, seem to understand that to 'love' your spouse is to commit to them no matter the circumstances. If it gets hard, you just need to commit and support even more.
As far as feminism....it's possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard of (the movement...not your mentioning of it!). I'm all for equality...but let's face it....a truly biblical perspective brings 'equality' for women...sure we have different roles, but as equal image bearers of God, we have equal worth. Feminism doesn't seek equality, they seek a reversal of roles. They want to be boss, they want to be able to subjugate males, they want what often comes naturally to women...to take charge and have no one gainsay them. And you know what....I very much doubt even if they got that they would be happy.
But as a woman, I have to say that I love my place. I simply could not do some of the things my husband does, but then, he could not do some of the things I do. I love that the things I CAN do help and support him and make him happy and content to come home after a really hard days work. It's how God intended it to be...same worth, different roles. In the end, it's always better to go with how God designed it!!
Well said Rach

Axehead said:
That is a very sweet story, afaithfulone4u. It sounds like you two have a great relationship built on love and mutual respect. The Bible actually says, "submitting yourselves one to another", and I have found that this is the proof of Holy Spirit fruit as we mutually submit to each other in love, preferring each other more than self.

Eph 5:21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

Amazing when you just love your spouse in every way you can, how it comes back to you and you have no lack. I hope you can go to Jerusalem, soon. I lived there for 4 months. I had just been discharged from the Navy (I had gotten saved and filled with the Holy Spirit overseas) and I did not want to start working or start going to school, yet. The Lord laid on my heart to go over to Israel about a year before I left the Navy. I just had a backpack and had a couple of Arab Christian contacts and a couple of Jewish Christian contacts. I ended up living in Bethlehem for 2 months ministering to young Arab teenagers with my friend and then after that I met some Christians who worked on a Kibbutz and I joined them. My job was to milk 250 cows a day. Machines of course, but hard work.

I usually took weekends to see Israel. It is too hard to see Israel in 7 days or 2 weeks and I know most people cannot do it for 4 months. I have a lot of good memories. I was able to see most of Israel. As far north as the Golan Heights and the "Good Fence" near Metullah (Lebanese border), to the Dead Sea in the East and TelAviv in the West. Engedi was cool. Now, I know why David hid out in that beautiful oasis. I went as far south as Sharm al Sheik. Swam in the Galilee, stood on a mountain overlooking Megiddo, slept on top of Masada one night (you weren't supposed to), saw the "tomb of the Prophets" in Hebron and prayed at the Wailing Wall. I was rejoicing that the Lord had already come. But, by far, I hung out in Jerusalem (the old city) as much as I could. I did see the Mosque of Omar on the Temple Mount and visited the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. That was a bit weird. The Church of the Holy Sepulchre is within the city's gates and three are some kind of dark robed priests in there (don't know if they are greek orthodox or Catholic) and they asked me if I wanted to see Jesus' last footprint before He left earth (and how much it would cost me). Well, no thank you!! I don't believe anyone preserved His last footprint. Ahhh, religion sells doesn't it? I met many Christians that lived there and hope you do to.

I always enjoyed the garden tomb which is outside of Jerusalem. You pass by Golgotha, the "Place of the Skull", and believe me it really does look like a skull. But the people that work in the garden tomb are genuine Believers and it was always so quiet and beautiful there.

There are a lot more stories, some scary episodes with the Israeli army, interrogated right when I landed at Ben Gurion airport (several times) and coming very close to getting bit by a moray eel while snorkeling in the Red Sea.

Your trip should be a lot more calmer, Lord willing. I attended a Spirit-filled Baptist church in New Jerusalem once in a while. It was a great fellowship and I met brethren from all over the world, there.

Well, back to the OP, unless the Lord has told Stephen to stay single I would encourage him to trust the Lord for the perfect wife for him. The Lord is faithful and will do it, if we trust him. And there is something special when a man and wife in Christ, dwell together in unity supporting one another and praying for one another. They get their prayers answered and are blessed to see God move in the lives of those around them, especially their children.

So, Stephen, don't make your decision based on what you see happening in other people's lives. I think you are giving into fear. Think about it, won't you?
Like I said, marriage is not for me. Some people prefer marriage, other people prefer to remain single.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Yep ..... own them , possess them , pamper them , give 'em lots of love , chocolates , jewelry , flowers & money ...... then they never give a speck of trouble ...... hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.