Women Ministers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lilzachjazz

Dec 31, 2007
Just wondering what everyone stance was on this topic. I know that women have a very varied role in Churches and the Bible is the most empowering thing that i have ever read. I know that different denominations believe different things and would be interested to know what you believe and what scripture leads you to that point.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
At first I was opposed to the idea. But now, I find that it is okay for women to preach as long as they KNOW the Bible. There are a few verses on this in Corinthians, but I'm too busy to look for it.Back then it wasn't a welcomed thing for women to preach, because they were illiterate. And because they were illiterate they weren't able to read scripture. And because they couldn't read scripture they did not know theology, and therefore weren't fit to preach. This rule goes for all of us.I'm still uncomfortable with the idea of woman ministers. Because when I think of a woman preaching, it think of a liberal feminist! D:

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Wakka is somewhat correct in the reasons of the past however there were many great women of the Bible but time has passed and we are in the last Generation what does God say about this Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: This word prophesy can mean to teach a thing ( to minister)prophesy Greek word propheteuomeaning1) to prophesy, to be a prophet, speak forth by divine inspirations, to predicta) to prophesy
cool.gif
with the idea of foretelling future events pertaining esp. to the kingdom of Godc) to utter forth, declare, a thing which can only be known by divine revelationd) to break forth under sudden impulse in lofty discourse or praise of the divine counsels1) under like prompting, to teach, refute, reprove, admonish, comfort otherse) to act as a prophet, discharge the prophetic office

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
Yes, God will and is already doing so pouring out His Spirit on all flesh. If He can use a donkey, He can use anybody. I've got a lot good teachings from Joyce Myer and here down under from pastor Christine Ruonela. Many people have been healed emotionally and physically by through those godly women. There was time when God used Kathryn Kuhlman also. So great stuff. I personally don't have any problems women in leadership in church.

Dunamite

Nov 15, 2007
People can rationalize what they want to believe by quoting scripture on this issue both ways and it proves nothing. The proof is in women who speak God's truth and I would not want to silence them in any way.God blesses his people in the way that he chooses and we can choose to listen or not. It has always been that way. I have gained much wisdom from the Godly women in my life.Blessings,Dunamite

Nov 8, 2007
I don't listen to much to Joyce Meyer and don't plan to anytime soon. I'm sort of mixed to this, I'm more Biblical, than liberal. But Women who preach for God, HAVE THE HOLY GHOST, YOU CANNOT SILENCE THE HOLY GHOST. But when women want to exhort this power to preach over Men, that's when I'm against it. But if they speak as the Holy Ghost willing, LET THEM! Remember in the last days, when we are delivered up the HOLY GHOST, will speak through us literally, will they silence the women then? No

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
Ya'll did a good job answering that. You certainly managed to take a very controversial topic and smooth it over with your brothers and sisters in Christ. Thanks, guys, for giving value to what women have to say. I have to admit my initial response was that no woman should ever be in leadership over a man, because the Lord's house should be set up like our own homes. Our pastor likes to say, "What do you call something with 2 heads?" His answer, "A freak." Thus, as the Bible says, the man should be the leader (spiritually and provisionally). Of course, if they aren't steppin' up to the plate, ladies, then we have to do something about it with as little demeaning and nagging as possible. We do have to put on the mind of Christ-a challenge to myself many days!!!!

bytheway

Jan 1, 2008
Interesting to note that in Judges a prophetess in hebrew is translated as the wife of a prophet. Deborah was an inspired woman and the Lord used her but she was not a prophet. l Cor. 11:3 - But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. It's an order thing. Many women today do not go to the Lord first when a problem occures. They break the order and act as if they are the neck that turns the head instead of trusting Christ to effect the necessary changes in the man, Christ being headship to the man. In effect usurping Christ! This in part is due to the ongoing deception of the feminizing of our current social structure. Some women expect their men to be like a woman when they want him to, and be a man when they need a man. And of course expect him to not be confused! God is an ordered being. Subverting His order is dangerous. The doma giftings of Eph. 4 and the grace giftings of Rom.12 bear out that because someone teaches for example, does not mean they operate in a five fold teaching ministry. The most effective teaching is of course by example. The example should always emminate from His order.

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
I certainly don't disagree. I absolutely do believe in following God's order. I do believe that our husbands need to be the decision makers of the household. I think we should be a supporter, to encourage,etc. The Bible says to respect. I just mean that when a man isn't pointing his children to Christ, or if he tries to keep the wife from the Lord, that this is wrong. No one comes before the Lord our God. We do lead them closer to the Lord by acting loving and Godly, much moreso than speaking against them or acting negatively. I hold on to the scripture, "A soft answer turns away wrath." Sometimes I have to say it over and over to myself until I calm down. Then it diffuses the situation and my husband will always apologize if angry, or will try to make up for being in a bad mood. I want him to be who he is. We are very good about doing what we feel we are called to do without telling the other what he/she needs to do. The Lord is very able to convict, convince, and whatever needs to be done. We serve a GREAT GOD!

Nov 8, 2007
(bytheway;30085)
Interesting to note that in Judges a prophetess in hebrew is translated as the wife of a prophet. Deborah was an inspired woman and the Lord used her but she was not a prophet. l Cor. 11:3 - But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. It's an order thing. Many women today do not go to the Lord first when a problem occures. They break the order and act as if they are the neck that turns the head instead of trusting Christ to effect the necessary changes in the man, Christ being headship to the man. In effect usurping Christ! This in part is due to the ongoing deception of the feminizing of our current social structure. Some women expect their men to be like a woman when they want him to, and be a man when they need a man. And of course expect him to not be confused! God is an ordered being. Subverting His order is dangerous. The doma giftings of Eph. 4 and the grace giftings of Rom.12 bear out that because someone teaches for example, does not mean they operate in a five fold teaching ministry. The most effective teaching is of course by example. The example should always emminate from His order.
But you have to remember, GOD APPOINTED DEBoRAH A JUDGE BECAUSE MEN WOULD NOT TAKE THEIR ROLES, THEY WERE ACTING LIKE PANSIES. That's why he appointed her Judge just Like how he extended his hand to us Because the Jews would not take up their roles.

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
I'm glad this topic was brought up.I used to have a hard time with this one....In one of the letters to the churches, it is said by Paul (?),that women are to remain silent in church, if they have a question, they should ask their husbands at home.-men are to be the spirtitual leaders.But then a friend and I were discussing this topic and he claimed their was a verse in Revelations that says there will come a time when EVERYBODY should teach Gods word.If this revelation verse permits women leading CHURCHES, I'm not sure.I hope to learn from this thread.

bytheway

Jan 1, 2008
(Unorthodox Christian;30220)
But you have to remember, GOD APPOINTED DEBoRAH A JUDGE BECAUSE MEN WOULD NOT TAKE THEIR ROLES, THEY WERE ACTING LIKE PANSIES. That's why he appointed her Judge just Like how he extended his hand to us Because the Jews would not take up their roles.
Yes and amen U.C. Deborah was given uncommon wisdom from the Lord. No problem with that. But wisdom doesn't go far on the battle field when the blood- letting begins! Also,you've got it right H.B.G. nice post.

bytheway

Jan 1, 2008
Yes Paul did teach that. As I understand at that time when they gathered the men sat on one side and the women sat on the other. If they had a question and asked during the teaching it was disruptive. Women were kept ignorant then, what a shame. But that was then. What scripture in Rev. did you discuss with your friend?

holdencaulfield

Feb 11, 2008
(lilzachjazz;29572)
Just wondering what everyone stance was on this topic. I know that women have a very varied role in Churches and the Bible is the most empowering thing that i have ever read. I know that different denominations believe different things and would be interested to know what you believe and what scripture leads you to that point.
We can not allow women to be priests because the Bible forbids it. This does by no means mean that women are not equal to men. It is just not their proper position. The list goes on of why not, however here is the most basic verse."I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent." (1 Timothy 2:12)

Nov 8, 2007
Women can Minister, lead, teach, prophesy, Exhort with Scripture, Judge if The Holy Ghost is Willing, BUT CAN NOT BE A PASTOR. That's all I will say. Sorry I'm just Old School, not old School like the Victorian Age, I just look at the way the Apostles Lived.