Women Pastors / Teachers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you and I disagree on what the Lord says.

I accept what God's Word clearly says.

Once upon a time I was like you and saw no harm in women being pastors, teachers, and church leaders.

And then, I actually read what God's Word has to say on the matter and I was faced with a decision... to either accept what mankind says is right, or what God says is right.

I went with the Lord rather than being carnal minded and accepting what the wisdom of man says.

You can argue all you'd like... I'm simply reporting what the Lord says in His Word.

People can make their own decisions to follow the Lord... or not.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only the red words are God's Word?

And the rest of the Word of God is optional?

You obviously believe 1 Timothy 3:1-13, Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Timothy 2:12,13 are optional and in fact should be ignored.
I try to obey God and Jesus, who I believe are one divine person.

In addition to God and Jesus, you try to obey Paul, Peter, John, Jude, and James. Should we be blindly following people who aren't divine?

grumix8

Jul 23, 2020
d.f.
Faith
Christian
Country
Mexico
You contradict yourself john, your a troll you don't obey the whole bible and you don't know it hebrew letters tell me John can you read the bible in hebrew ?

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I try to obey God and Jesus, who I believe are one divine person.

In addition to God and Jesus, you try to obey Paul, Peter, John, Jude, and James. Should we be blindly following people who aren't divine?

OK then it's settled.

You obviously do not believe the Lord told the biblical writers what to write.

That's too bad for you and is going to cause lots and lots of problem for you.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is my master, not the Bible.

Then obviously you believe what Jesus says (God's Word) is not in the Bible.

Which of course it why your beliefs are all wonky! rolleyes3.gif

Since you don't believe Jesus had His Word put in to print... how do you get what you think is God's Word?

Do you like sit cross legged and hmmm and when a thought crosses your mind you assume it's God's Word?

Just curious how one thinks they get God's Word after rejecting the fact that God had His Word put in to print.

grumix8

Jul 23, 2020
d.f.
Faith
Christian
Country
Mexico
Big Boy Johnson your just twisting the words, John. Your trolling -_-. Stop deciding like the catholic church and say in all form that if people don't say it like you, were against God. You don't speak like the bible your just middle age man who is bashing at woman. Only God speaks like the bible the catholic church didn't and niether do you speak like -_-. if people disagree on your vew in the bible that God doesn't close doors and tells people to preach and teach his word it isn't against his word and your here just moving and twisting words saying we were all against God just because you say so.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Timothy 3:1-13, Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Timothy 2:12,13 were all given by the Holy Spirit thru Paul... meaning women cannot be decaons, pastors, teachers in authority over the church.

As already mentioned, women can witness... but they are not anointed by the Lord to be in authority over man.

The reason women cannot be in authority over men is because God decided to make man first and put man in authority!

It's how God decided to do things. One can argue with God about it, but it doesn't change how HE decided to set things up.

1 Corinthians 11:8,9
For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man.
Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

Genesis 2:18
And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
Yes.

Following the biblical order is very important. Women do not need pastorship to be in ministry. Ministry isn't all about being up in front and taking the lead. It's about service.

More women should consider if God has called their ministry to be homemakers or those who show hospitality. You should not need to have authority over men to be in ministry.

There is a vital need for Titus 2 mentors and women who will serve their families. Why aren't more Christian women arguing to do that?

Reactions: amadeus

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Big Boy Johnson your just twisting the words, John. Your trolling -_-. Stop deciding like the catholic church and say in all form that if people don't say it like you, were against God. You don't speak like the bible your just middle age man who is bashing at woman. Only God speaks like the bible the catholic church didn't and niether do you speak like -_-. if people disagree on your vew in the bible that God doesn't close doors and tells people to preach and teach his word it isn't against his word and your here just moving and twisting words saying we were all against God just because you say so.

I'm not part of the catholic cult. And God's Word very clearly teaches that church leaders are men and not women. This is not bashing women at all... unless it's woman's libber that objects because they reject to the way God set things up

The guy was clearly saying he does not accept what God's written Word says because He does not believe all that is in the Bible came from the Lord as though Jesus was not capable and did not have quite enough power and influence to control what went in to God's canon.

So it makes one wonder... if they don't accept the Bible, then where do they think God's Word comes from?

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

Following the biblical order is very important. Women do not need pastorship to be in ministry. Ministry isn't all about being up in front and taking the lead. It's about service.

More women should consider if God has called their ministry to be homemakers or those who show hospitality. You should not need to have authority over men to be in ministy.

There is a vital need for Titus 2 mentors and women who will serve their families. Why aren't Christian women arguing to do that?

I never said women are forbidden to be in ministry... they should be involved.

I'm simply looking at what God's Word says about Deacons, pastors that teach are men, not women. And, women are not called or anointed to be in authority over men... so for a woman to be the Pastor then it would be a church that has no men in it at all.

None the less, there are many ways women can be involved in ministry to other women, to children, as well as witnessing out in public.

Concerning witness to men in public, I don't think it's wise for a woman to goo to long witnessing to a man because of the obvious opportunity for temptation where either the man will be tempted to think sexually towards the woman, or the women being tempted to think about the man sexually.

For that reason any in depth discussions should be turned over to men so they can talk to the man the women had started witnesses to. That doesn't mean woman cannot initially witness for the Lord to men in a public setting.

• Love
Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said women are forbidden to be in ministry... they should be involved.

I'm simply looking at what God's Word says about Deacons, pastors that teach are men, not women. And, women are not called or anointed to be in authority over men... so for a woman to be the Pastor then it would be a church that has no men in it at all.

None the less, there are many ways women can be involved in ministry to other women, to children, as well as witnessing out in public.

Concerning witness to men in public, I don't think it's wise for a woman to goo to long witnessing to a man because of the obvious opportunity for temptation where either the man will be tempted to think sexually towards the woman, or the women being tempted to think about the man sexually.

For that reason any in depth discussions should be turned over to men so they can talk to the man the women had started witnesses to. That doesn't mean woman cannot initially witness for the Lord to men in a public setting.
I agree. I never wanted to imply you were saying women can't be in ministry. I , like you, believe in the proper order and that only men should be pastors and teachers.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose I was thinking of women who would claim its unfair that women can't be pastors.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The guy was clearly saying he does not accept what God's written Word says because He does not believe all that is in the Bible came from the Lord as though Jesus was not capable and did not have quite enough power and influence to control what went in to God's canon.
We already know -- because Paul occasionally told us -- that not every admonishment found in Paul's letters "came from the Lord." The challenge is figuring out which did and which ones didn't. There are hundreds of such admonishments in Paul's undoubted letters. A few times, he prefaces them with "This is my view, not the Lord's commandment" and a few times he prefaces them with "This is from the Lord" -- but most times he is silent on the point.

Telling Timothy "I do no permit" rather than "the Lord does not permit" leaves open the question of which category 1 Tim. 2:12 falls into. Reasonable minds can disagree here.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

More women should consider if God has called their ministry to be homemakers or those who show hospitality. You should not need to have authority over men to be in ministry.

There is a vital need for Titus 2 mentors and women who will serve their families. Why aren't more Christian women arguing to do that?
I believe it is also true that some men press to be seated on a raised platform and be called ministers of God or pastors when they really have not heard from God on the subject. It is likely due to this that there so many serious problems in assemblies today. God has not been leading the ones who are leading.

grumix8

Jul 23, 2020
d.f.
Faith
Christian
Country
Mexico
Women can be leaders and there is biblically Ataliah women queen of Israel and Deborah who led. Etsey is man who believe in the word of God and the bible and your twisting his words. Your ask how did Jesus mad you say the words you and say that you contradict him when your just like Moses, John. You have already made those mistakes and telling us like the catholic church and now saying you don't contradictiing yourself.

You said God didn't put women leaders, Deborah and Ataliah are ones and God decided that !

God never anointed anyone of her gender persuasion to be in offices of authority over men. you said that but he did put Deborah and Ataliah they were put.

Your Greek needs some brushing up, my boy.

You have contradictions John, read your bible and read it in greek and hebrew and comeback and explain it and tell hwo it says in ehbrew ebcause you have given your contradiction and used your words and twisted everyone elses. You said no athourity women have in office .

Don't try to make Phoebe an exception because of gender.

God never anointed anyone of her gender persuasion to be in offices of authority over men.

Enjoy thy feminization!

Are this your word's ? -_-

wrong use of words but God did put those women out of his wisdom do you question God's wisdom on him choosing Deborah and Esther to do his plan.

Last edited:

grumix8

Jul 23, 2020
d.f.
Faith
Christian
Country
Mexico
john don't say if someone disagree with ya, they disagree with God. Your not bible, John. You do not represent God.

You don't know the whole bible and don't know it in greek. Get more wisdom and then bring better bible study that makes people love God and do his plan. Don't bring this troll topic just for you to say who can lead and who can't. God leads and you don't decide that. Just because we disagree with you doesn't mean we disagree with the bible. We disagree you said things for God like the catholic church says and your word is God's your not God. The bible does said to women preach and teach his word. They cannot be pastors that is the bible says. But because what you say doesn't mean your word is the same as God's and your right to do this and bring this topic up with out more study and correct words to use that don't contradict you.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then obviously you believe what Jesus says (God's Word) is not in the Bible.

Which of course it why your beliefs are all wonky! View attachment 40014

Since you don't believe Jesus had His Word put in to print... how do you get what you think is God's Word?

Do you like sit cross legged and hmmm and when a thought crosses your mind you assume it's God's Word?

Just curious how one thinks they get God's Word after rejecting the fact that God had His Word put in to print.
I believe everything God says in the Bible, and everything Jesus says in the Bible, is God's Word, and that we should obey.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose I was thinking of women who would claim its unfair that women can't be pastors.

Many do... Actually women being in a helper role are in the same role The Holy Ghost was sent to be in.

It's a glorious calling to be in and men are called to protect the ladies and treat them right. The men have the responsibility for how things go in their roll as being leaders.

If I was a woman, anytime a problem pops up, I'd be like "You fellas are called to be leaders so what'chu gonna do about that?".... funny.gif

I've seen how some of the older women would do just that... remind the men that the Lord is holding them accountable for business being taken care of around here because God has called them to be leaders!

I believe everything God says in the Bible, and everything Jesus says in the Bible, is God's Word, and that we should obey.

Everything except 1 Timothy 3:1-13, Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Timothy 2:12,13? clueless-scratching.gif