Words of Satan, Part 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Ephesians ch6
I like this: Scriptures are always right. Still there is an understanding that we need.

There are a couple of things in the above verses that are important to understand, and might even be beyond our understanding - It it because of this need for understanding that we must turn to the Lord and listen to Him!

Proverbs 2:6 For the Lord gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

One thing I find that I need understanding about in the above verses is what pieces of the armor of God are and how do you put them on. I mean - it is nice to read about something like the helmet of salvation, but it is obviously not a physical helmet. So we need to understand that it means that we are saved, no matter what the "hosts of wickedness tell us".

And since this thread is on the words of Satan, one of the things those hosts of wickedness tell us is that we are not going to be saved. Still, some are not going to be saved. The Bible clearly tells us that, and the Lord matches up with the Scriptures when you talk to Him. So who is saved, well those who are not His sheep or fail to become His sheep. I don't know who they are, but that is not important. What's important is that I try and seek our Lord and do what He personally tells me. He knows what needs to be done. That is why the devil wants you do doubt that you can hear Him, otherwise you will seek Him and get instructions from Him as your Lord.

So let's say He asks you to do something like say - preach Him as the Word of God meaning we need to listen to Him? What happens then? Well you don't just wind up in discussions with spiritual beings, but you find out that many people don't want to seek the Lord, so your message about seeking our Lord Jesus Christ as the Word of God is not well received!

Should I then just take in on myself to give up on the instructions or should I turn back to the Lord and ask Him, "What now?" The answer it of course, turn back to the Lord and listen to Him by faith. And it is not too surprising, that He might have me keep trying to preach Him as the Word of God, meaning trying to get people to listen to Him. It turns out that He is extremely patient with people. And sometimes that goes on a bit until He tells me to move on. He once had me open my Bible to Ezekeil 3 and told me, like He told Ezekeil, that He had made my head as hard as their head. It was explained that He did that so I could try and help get people to listen to Him. Is that battling with them, or trying to get them to listen to Him? It is not always easy to understand which, but He is still there with His mouth, so I can again get understanding from Him!!

So, if He tells me to go back with a slightly different point or piece of advise, or even if He wants me to repeat what I already explained per His instructions, that is what needs to be done. I just have to remember that battle is still with those wicked host and not actually the person. The person is who we (Him and I with Him) are trying to save, by getting them to listen to Him by faith.

Every once in a while, someone will tell me, or imply that I am battling with the person, so stop telling them to seeking Jesus Christ and listen to Him. So where did that come from? Are we not trying to get people to listen to Him and also encouraging them to do so. OK, it might not sound like encouragement to them, but is that not because they are so against listening to Him that they have become hardheaded? Well, if so, the Lord, like I said, told me that He had made my head as hard as their head, like He is Ezekiel's. He had a reason in doing so, and I am certain that if anyone cares to ask Him, He can explain it to them.

We do need to tell people to listen to Him, If I see that someone has, I want to encourage that, which is why I wrote:

I had to think about the above statement for a moment. I kind of like it. Yes - that snake, the serpent of old, was trying to be God, and thus make his words that of a god. Which is to say that he comes like a spirit of light. Nice comment. :)

It is the kind of insight of the devil the Lord will give you if you listen to Him. :)

And we do need to watch out for the tricks of those wicked hosts, which don't want us telling people to seek Jesus Christ and listen to Him! And so saying that 'my preaching the Word of God is upsetting people and I must stop', even in a clever way is doing what? It is trying to stop the message that we are asked to bring, which is seek Jesus Christ and listen to Him as the Word of God. I will stop as soon as He tells me to stop, or perhaps when those wicked hosts gets someone to stop me. What did happen at the cross?

Satan is tricky. He will do what He can to keep us from listening to our Lord Jesus Christ!