Words of Satan, Part 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me, "name calling" means calling someone stupid.
Oy vey! It does include that. People are called champ, president, governor, mom.

I watched a movie last night. It starred the lead actor in Harry Potter. This is a fictional characters name and my wife knew who I was talking about even though she did not recognize the actor's name. There is a name for this, type cast. John Wayne could not get a job unless it was a western or way film. "The Duke" name calling was a blessing and a curse.

Such name calling is different from their name. And it is clear via use of 'to me' you are going to be of the same opinion still that people have many names - even after I repeatedly showed you it is not so.

Make a blessed day!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oy vey! It does include that. People are called champ, president, governor, mom.

I watched a movie last night. It starred the lead actor in Harry Potter. This is a fictional characters name and my wife knew who I was talking about even though she did not recognize the actor's name. There is a name for this, type cast. John Wayne could not get a job unless it was a western or way film. "The Duke" name calling was a blessing and a curse.

Such name calling is different from their name. And it is clear via use of 'to me' you are going to be of the same opinion still that people have many names - even after I repeatedly showed you it is not so.

Make a blessed day!

Yes!!

I don't believe people call champ, president, governor, or even mom and stupid, but I believe all of them make stupid mistakes!

It is stupid to think we, any of us, are smarter than God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But all of us tend to do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it is especially silly for someone claiming to be a follower of Jesus Christ, to not realize this happens inside themselves!!!

Since this thread is about words of Satan, and I don't want you getting off topic, it should be pointed out that Satan and the dark forces following him, promote that silliness!!!!

So we should see that, right?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Yoda said, the Dark side is hard to see.

It's true on many levels. And the Armor of God is our protection - and by contrast - being sensitive to what is it's opposite.
  1. Don't pray. That's a stupid prayer.
  2. Don't read the book. You're too stupid to properly understand it. The translation got it wrong.
  3. Don't rely on Jesus. He's dead already.
  4. Salvation? You're not good enough for salvation.
  5. Truth? What is truth? It's not true what they say.
  6. Redemption & Faith. God might redeem others but not you. You're too smart to REALLY believe all that!
  7. Righteous? After what you did?! PUL-LEASE

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Yoda said, the Dark side is hard to see.

It's true on many levels. And the Armor of God is our protection - and by contrast - being sensitive to what is it's opposite.
  1. Don't pray. That's a stupid prayer.
  2. Don't read the book. You're too stupid to properly understand it. The translation got it wrong.
  3. Don't rely on Jesus. He's dead already.
  4. Salvation? You're not good enough for salvation.
  5. Truth? What is truth? It's not true what they say.
  6. Redemption & Faith. God might redeem others but not you. You're too smart to REALLY believe all that!
  7. Righteous? After what you did?! PUL-LEASE

Is any of the above hard to see??

All the above points are silly and don't make any sense!! And it is not hard to see that!!!

So why do we miss the fact that God is there to have conversations with, and that He gave us a textbook that He will teach us from, and that Jesus is not dead, and that anyone can hear His voice and He will come into them, and that we will find out that He is the truth so that He will redeem you like He says, and that does not come down to what we say but who He is?

There is something we call "creating a straw man".

We know the idea behind the strawman concept. You present another person as someone that they are not so that you can shoot them down. Of course, that is all just lying about the other person!!

It is of course a silly and stupid thing to do, but people do it and think themselves clever, not knowing where they got the idea to lie!

I don't know how well people understand it, but it is really the same idea as a voodoo doll, that some person into witchcraft uses. The make a false image of a person then stick pens in it and think that is going to cause that person harm. That is just sooooo silly and stupid - and those concepts are the same exact type of thinking!

Which is why I wrote:

Since this thread is about words of Satan, and I don't want you getting off topic, it should be pointed out that Satan and the dark forces following him, promote that silliness!!!!

and also:

It is not hard to see!!!

So it is amazing that people who supposedly know the Lord and converse back and forth with Him, as Christians are supposed to, don't see it!

How can that be?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is any of the above hard to see??

All the above points are silly and don't make any sense!! And it is not hard to see
Friend, only a fool dismisses the subtle effectiveness of Satan.

His tactics are hard to see when one's judgement is clouded by emotion and not grounded in the Word. I wish you were more compassionate toward those who fall prey to Lucifer's machinations.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So it is amazing that people who supposedly know the Lord and converse back and forth with Him, as Christians are supposed to, don't see it!
It's not amazing but mundane. Every day I get up I have a choice: the easy way or the right way. We are not tempted to eat right, exercise, and rest. We are tempted to do the opposite BECAUSE the right choice is rarely the easy choice.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friend, only a fool dismisses the subtle effectiveness of Satan.

His tactics are hard to see when one's judgement is clouded by emotion and not grounded in the Word. I wish you were more compassionate toward those who fall prey to Lucifer's machinations.
No - you have got it wrong about a fool! At least a fool how gets to know the Lord!!

When you actually get to know the Lord you will realize that you are the fool, compared to the Lord!!

It should not even be hard to understand for anyone, even if they don't know God!!

After all - can you create the universe?? Of course not, so speaking to the Lord our God Jesus Christ, through whom all things were created, means speaking to someone sooooooooooooooooooo wise that you can only be compared to being a fool relative to Him!!

I know. I listen to Him. So I know that no man compares to Him. I even know angels that He sends to me, and they don't even believe any angel or heavenly host is close to being comparable to Him. That includes Satan!!!!

So a fool, like I am, understand that Satan is nothing, if not a fool, compared to the Lord my God Jesus Christ!!!

That does not mean that I dismiss Satan, but it means I fear God!!!!! And that is where you have it ALL WRONG!!!

The statement you made above implies, whether you realize is or not, that you are fearing Satan as opposed to seeking Jesus Christ the Lord our God!!! You are seeing the imminence (the impending evil and danger) with Satan, but are failing to see the eminence (superiority) with God!!! You can read that the government will rest on His shoulders, but you don't comprehend what that means!!!!

In Revelation we find that Lord just tells another angel to just go pick up Satan, and that single angel goes and does it when asked by the Lord. Do you not understand that?????????

In Job, that sad figure of a being, Satan, has to go a plead with God to get him permission to get at Job. Did you not read that????

Yeah the Lord, as our Teacher, show us things about Satan, including his words and how he uses them, because the Lord our God and Teacher, wants to improve us and thus our thinking, however that does not mean that Satan can just what he wants unseen. The Lord knows ever move Satan makes, even before he makes it!! That foolish snake never had a chance of defeating God. He was foolish the think he could.

And so the person who is a real fool, is the one who thinks that leaning on there understanding instead of seeking Jesus Christ, is what keeps Satan from getting at them!!! That is the real fool of a person!! That is the unbeliever, even if they say they are a believer in Jesus Christ!! And that is why I wrote:

How can that be?
Well there is one way that can be!!

They don't see it because they don't converse back and forth with the Lord our God whose name is called The Word of God because He will converse back and forth with us - if only we believe in Him as the omni-present, all-powerful, eminent God who is obviously above and superior to all others!!!

If you believe in Jesus Christ you will be taking the thoughts you have to Him. The more you believe He is there for you, the more you will take you thoughts captive to Him. Yet let me give you a chicken joke He once gave to me. It might help you understand:

In the barnyard there were 2 chickens. A big plump chicken. A medium sized chicken, and a little bitty chicken. Which one did the fox for for???

The answer is: The one farthest from the dog of course!!

And in case that parable has to be explained to you - it means this:

There are big fat looking Christians, and medium sized looking Christians, and little bitty new looking Christians, and the fox is always going for the one farthest from God!

So like I have said, and keeps getting dismissed - the very first thing we need to know when it come to Satan, is that we need to seek first the King, the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORD, and stay under Him, otherwise we expose ourselves to that fox and snake Satan!! To stay close to the Lord we need to seek Him and listen to Him, on those days called "TODAY".

That is what it means to fear God! The real fool goes back to leaning on their own ways!! So make your way about seeking Him and listening to Him, and stop making strawmen.

Reactions: David in NJ

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not amazing but mundane. Every day I get up I have a choice: the easy way or the right way. We are not tempted to eat right, exercise, and rest. We are tempted to do the opposite BECAUSE the right choice is rarely the easy choice.

Do you not read what you write and realize that you are worried about temptation instead of about what the Lord has to say to you???

Look - hear is what appears to be the difference between you and me. Everyday I get up and wonder what the Lord wants to tell me. What He wants me to eat. Whether He wants me to take a walked with him, and even how He wants me to go about working and doing today!!

Honestly - compare the two of us!! You are concerned with not being tempted, and I am concerned with knowing what the Lord wants me to do!! Who is following God, and so who needs to change their ways?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny you say that because this Sunday's sermon was specifically about NOT comparing. We each have a calling and I am in my lane. You?

We are all called to seek the Lord and that means hearing from Him. Indeed, His sheep hear His voice, and He say that His words were sprit and are life.

So I am sorry to hear that you consider my seeking Him and hearing from Him "wayward". that conclusion also points to the fact that you are not doing that.

We all do have different callings, but with that said we have to actually be called by Him!! Meaning that we all have to actually hear from Him!!

Maybe you misunderstood what having a different calling meant? And what makes you think that not hearing from Him means you believe you have a different "calling". It means that either you were not called, or you don't believe in Him!!

You either misunderstood the sermon, or the sermon didn't make it clear what a "calling" means. It means that He sheep seek Him and listen to Him to find out what He wants them to do!!

That is why I wrote:

Honestly - compare the two of us!! You are concerned with not being tempted, and I am concerned with knowing what the Lord wants me to do!! Who is following God, and so who needs to change their ways?

One of us is getting there "calling" from Him everday called "Today", and the other isn't. Who did you miss that. Did someone whisper, "Did God really say?" Into your ears?

I think I went over those words from the snake, didn't I?

God does say, and He gives us instructions!! If you are not getting the from Him today, you don't have your calling for today!!

Heb 3: 7 Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says,

“Today if you hear His voice,
8 Do not harden your hearts as [b]when they provoked Me,
As in the day of trial in the wilderness,
9 Where your fathers tried Me by testing Me,
And saw My works for forty years.
10 “Therefore I was angry with this generation,
And said, ‘They always go astray in their heart,
And they did not know My ways’;
11 As I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest.’”

That is Him calling, and the day you should hear it! Hopefully that sermon at your church was clear about this, but if so why did you not understand, and if not, why did it get presented wrong when compared to the Bible?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I am sorry to hear that you consider my seeking Him and hearing from Him "wayward".
No. That's not it. I don't think you are sorry to be hijacking the thread one little bit. Your self-righteousness is sickening.

This thread is about X. You are writing that Y is better. <sigh>

For the record, I am not denying that Y is better. Still this thread is about X. Go start your own thread about why Y is better.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Concerning the words of Satan,- I already on this thread pointed out that the first word of the snake were, "Did God really say"!

That is because that is primarily the first thing that Satan does. But perhaps I didn't make it clear that those dark forces under Satan do that daily!! Even a number of times each day. They are trying to keep us from hearing God by trying to make us believe God is not there with us to answer us, teach us, instruct us, encourage us, and so on.

So it is that Today, the Lord can be found trying to speak to you with His voice, and so Today is the day we should hear from Him, and Today, is the day we are encouraging others to hear from Him, and Today is the day Satan and his dark spiritual forces are trying make you doubt that God will talk to you!!

Now Satan has lots of other tricks to try and keep you from hearing the Lord "Today"!!

One of those tricks, which was just brought up, was to try and tell you that perhaps God gave you a calling in the past but it does not apply right now, for some reason or another. Remember that the snake told Eve, "You will surely not die! Because God knows that in the day you eat it your eyes will be open and you will be like God..."

If you look close at that trick the snake was using, you will find "in the day"! So the day Eve was to eat was important!!! The snake needs you to doubt God "Today", because that is the important day!!

There is a concept going around in Christianity, from that snake, which goes something like - perhaps God called on you in some day in the past, but that was in the past!!

For example: In the past the Lord told me one day "Karl, I want you to preach the Word, but not as it is so often preached today. I want you to preach I Am the Word of God! and those words hit me with power. And again there was a day mentioned. That day was "today". We can preach that God speaks to us "Today", or we can listen to the snake "Today" and not believe it!!!

Now day after day, I hear form my Lord Jesus Christ, whose name is called "The Word of God." And yes, it is on that same day I will also pick up something like, "Did God really say"? Yet it is on that day called "Today" that again I am called to tell others to seek Him and on a specific day called "Today", and it is also that day I seem to find someone trying to come against that!

So let me ask you: Which day do you get your calling from God?????

If you answer that God told you something in the past and you are still trying to get to it, you have been hearing from that snake way too often!! Because if God gave you a calling on a certain day in the past, it does not mean that He is still not calling on you and giving you instructions "Today"!!! He gave me that instruction then, and He is still giving me that same instruction "Today". Today He told talked to me about preaching Him as the Word of God on this forum, and this is just an example that He talks to me "Today"!! My calling to do this came to me "Today", but it matches up with what He had me doing for quite some time now!

So your "calling" as we Christians like to refer to it as, is what He is having us work on "Today"!! Because that is the day we hear from Him!!!

Is that clear? If not go and talk to the Lord about what He wants you doing "Today", and it will become clearer!!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. That's not it. I don't think you are sorry to be hijacking the thread one little bit. Your self-righteousness is sickening.

This thread is about X. You are writing that Y is better. <sigh>

For the record, I am not denying that Y is better. Still this thread is about X. Go start your own thread about why Y is better.
I am not hijacking your thread!!

Over and over I have gone over how Satan speaks to us, but that does need to be compared to how God speaks to us!! It is by comparing good and evil that we get to understand that difference and who Satan is and who God is!

I was going to even cover more about the tricks of Satan, and did!!

But perhaps you didn't want to consider what is happening??? Who tell you not to consider?? Who tells you not to take our thoughts to Jesus Christ and listen to Him?

That is Satan!! Those are His words. Satan, meaning those dark forces who following Him, don't want you seeking the Lord Jesus Christ!! That is there main plan, and is always what they are up to, because they are murders and liars! So since the Lord's words are spirit and are life, they have to separate us from Jesus Christ!! And that means they have to get us leaning on our own understanding instead of seeking the Lord and doing what He asks!!

One of the ways that Satan and his want to do that is to get us to seek the words of Satan instead of the words of God!!!

The Lord tells us about the words of Satan so that we will turn back to Him when we realize evil spirits might be talking to us, but Satan wants us actually seeking his words instead of the Lord's words and then getting us to lean on our own understanding! I explained this, but you don't seem to like it. So who are you listening to?? Are you seeking the words of Satan as opposed to the words of God?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You'd be more effective in persuading people if you jettisoned your self-righteousness and embraced humility.
Again, you have it all wrong, and you don't even make sense!!!

A "self-righteous" person tries to get people to listen to them!! I am clearly trying to get people to listen to the Lord our God Jesus Christ!!

Indeed, did you not even look at what you quoted from me???

Is that clear? If not go and talk to the Lord about what He wants you doing "Today"
The whole post, which you tried to cut out was about hearing from Jesus Christ "Today"!!!

Of course, you are still trying to create a "strawman" to shoot down - which as I pointed out is based on a lie and is witchcraft like voodoo dolls.

You still don't understand, because you didn't "go talk to the Lord about what he wants you doing "Today"!!!

I am not promoting you talking to me. It is not that pleasant trying to get you to seek the Lord! Still, it is what's best for you, me, and everyone else!! If Christians, even me, were always seeking the Lord then He would not have us, even me, trying to encourage one another to listen to Him "Today." Or did you not read that in your Bible?

Heb 3:12,13 12 Take care, brethren, that there not be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart [c]that falls away from the living God. 13 But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called “Today,” so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

That is what I am doing, even if you don't see it! I am not pointing people to me, I am encouraging people to seek Him and His voice for there instructions "Today". And since this thread is about the words of Satan, I also am pointing out how Satan tries to stop that. And who might be an example of that?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two Big lies from satan:

Genesis ch 3 - You will not surely die,” the serpent told her.

JW bible John ch1 - "the word was a god"

Reactions: Karl Peters

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two Big lies from satan:

Genesis ch 3 - You will not surely die,” the serpent told her.

JW bible John ch1 - "the word was a god"
I had to think about the above statement for a moment. I kind of like it. Yes - that snake, the serpent of old, was trying to be God, and thus make his words that of a god. Which is to say that he comes like a spirit of light. Nice comment. :)

It is the kind of insight of the devil the Lord will give you if you listen to Him. :)

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had to think about the above statement for a moment. I kind of like it. Yes - that snake, the serpent of old, was trying to be God, and thus make his words that of a god. Which is to say that he comes like a spirit of light. Nice comment. :)

It is the kind of insight of the Devil the Lord will give you if you listen to Him. :)
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Ephesians ch6

Reactions: Karl Peters