Words of Satan, Part 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great vid on 10 lies of this world. I'll detail the 10 later.

What needs to be cultivated is:
  1. Identity
  2. Self-Esteem
  3. Service to World
  4. Creativity
  5. Critical Thinking
  6. Peace
  7. Justice
  8. Openness
  9. Love
  10. Freedom

10 Lies the World Tells You

1. “You can be anything you want to be.” Not even God can do that!
    1. The law of non-contradiction: A thing cannot be what it is not.
    2. Deconstructionists do not accept the law of non-contradiction.
  2. “The most important person in the whole wide world is you.”
    1. Most demonic sentence author ever heard.
    2. Theme song for kids show, Electric Company.
    3. The song everyone sings when they enter hell is, I did it my way.
  3. “The world needs you.”
    1. As if you are the messiah.
  4. You need education in creed thinking. (Creative Thinking).
    1. Why people are encouraged to be spiritual but not religious.
    2. Supposes you are not discoverer but Creator of truth.
  5. Education in Critical Thinking, a skepticism of anything that claims to be true. Deconstructionism.
    1. All dogmas are wrong except the dogma that there is no truth.
  6. All peace is good – even with world, Satan.
    1. Spiritual passivism
    2. Only enemy are people who speak of enemies.
    3. We must be tolerant of everything except intolerance.
    4. If all peace is good, then all war is bad, including the war against sin.
    5. The only thing that is evil are people who call things evil.
  7. Secularize Christianity. Reduce it to merely being for Peace & Justice.
    1. If you want peace, seek justice is demonic coupling of the 2 because it side steps Grace.
    2. See Middle East.
  8. Exaltation of Openness as Supreme Good.
    1. Open mind is a good means but a bad ends.
    2. Truth is good end.
  9. All you need is love.
    1. Means you do not need truth or discrimination against truth from false, true love from false love.
  10. Exaltation of Freedom as an End, not a means.
    1. Love cannot stop hating Hate.
    2. Light cannot stop hating Dark.
    3. Light/truth win in end.

God did not put you in this world to be successful. He put you in this world to be faithful.

Last edited:

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not what I meant. What I meant was my wife did wrap up the knife with the vege's and put in the frig drawer without consciously being aware of it.

It shows her mind is on automatic pilot. Maybe not a good analogy. But my point is to develop the reflex to recognize the words of Satan and take those to Christ AT THE FIRST.

Sorry for the confusion.

HUMMM???

I am not sure that you still have it right.

Take every thought captive to Jesus Christ, is not a natural reflex action!! That is because we naturally tend to be sinners, and that because we want to do what we want to do! That is our sinful nature!!!

Taking our thoughts captive is opposite of our sinful nature - so opposite of our natural actions!!!

Paul wrote:

Rom 7:21 I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good.

and

Rom 7:23 but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members.

So if I don't consciencely seek the Lord, I find I go back to my natural sinful nature, and give into the sin in the members of my body. And it tends to happen really quickly, so that I usually don't even notice that it happened at first. Which would explain why Paul also wrote:

Rom 7:19 For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want.

Let me give you an example:

This morning almost right after I had made the post the Lord asked me to make, I got back to my business I make my money from. I checked my sales only to find I had a horrible day. Then I also got a notice from the bank, which I quickly checked and found out an auto payment I had set up had been taken out twice which put me in danger of not having enough money in the account. My wife had talked to that same company a mouth earlier about that same problem and they said that had it solve. Instantly I got upset!! I was upset with my wife, because she told me it had been taken care of. I was upset with that company. I was upset with the company that generates sales for my business. And I was upset with the Lord for letting it happen.

I started to talk to my wife in that upset mood, then realized I had forgot to talk to the Lord about it. So I turned to Him, He told me to apologize to my wife and calm her down, because I had gotten her upset with my sinful nature. He then pointed out that yesterday was a great day of sale and they offset.

Therefore we need to make and effort to seek the Lord!

Reactions: Azim

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great vid on 10 lies of this world. I'll detail the 10 later.

1. Identity
  2. Self-Esteem
  3. Service to World
  4. Creativity
  5. Critical Thinking
  6. Peace
  7. Justice
  8. Openness
  9. Love
  10. Freedom

10 Lies the World Tells You

1. “You can be anything you want to be.” Not even God can do that!
    1. The law of non-contradiction: A thing cannot be what it is not.
    2. Deconstructionists do not accept the law of non-contradiction.
  2. “The most important person in the whole wide world is you.”
    1. Most demonic sentence author ever heard.
    2. Theme song for kids show, Electric Company.
    3. The song everyone sings when they enter hell is, I did it my way.
  3. “The world needs you.”
    1. As if you are the messiah.
  4. You need education in creed thinking. (Creative Thinking).
    1. Why people are encouraged to be spiritual but not religious.
    2. Supposes you are not discoverer but Creator of truth.
  5. Education in Critical Thinking, a skepticism of anything that claims to be true. Deconstructionism.
    1. All dogmas are wrong except the dogma that there is no truth.
  6. All peace is good – even with world, Satan.
    1. Spiritual passivism
    2. Only enemy are people who speak of enemies.
    3. We must be tolerant of everything except intolerance.
    4. If all peace is good, then all war is bad, including the war against sin.
    5. The only thing that is evil are people who call things evil.
  7. Secularize Christianity. Reduce it to merely being for Peace & Justice.
    1. If you want peace, seek justice is demonic coupling of the 2 because it side steps Grace.
    2. See Middle East.
  8. Exaltation of Openness as Supreme Good.
    1. Open mind is a good means but a bad ends.
    2. Truth is good end.
  9. All you need is love.
    1. Means you do not need truth or discrimination against truth from false, true love from false love.
  10. Exaltation of Freedom as an End, not a means.
    1. Love cannot stop hating Hate.
    2. Light cannot stop hating Dark.
    3. Light/truth win in end.

God did not put you in this world to be successful. He put you in this world to be faithful.
We like to make steps to God - and there is a problem to that - it is a lie!

For example - above we read that the following is a lie - but it is not:
All you need is love.

Have we not read that God is love??????????????????????????????

We are not love - He is! So leaning on our understanding does not get us Him but it only us to our thinking, which is not good enough!!

The implication from all written in the post attached is really about leaning on our own understanding - and that is the problem and the lie that snake was promoting!!!

Gen 3:5 “For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

Look at what that snake was doing!!! He was trying to get women & men to stop listening to the Lord and start leaning on their own understanding!!!!! And that is the problem with the number post above. It does not lead you to the Lord our God Jesus Christ, and listening to what He says, but rather it promotes the idea that we can "be like God, knowing good and evil'!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have to drop that idea - which is that we can be like God, knowing good and evil!!!

When that snake speaks, he speaks a lie!! So in the Bible where that snake said, "you will be like God, knowing good and evil" we should instantly know that is a lie!! Yet, even if you didn't know that by what knowing that snake speaks a lie, we should clearly know it from our conversations with the Lord!!

The main thing for discerning between good and evil is seeking the Lord Our God Jesus Christ - and listening to Him.

Yeah - Our Lord teaches us, but that so you keep coming back to Him - and not so we will stop seeking Him!

And it is written that all those who seek find!!

The Lord asked me to point out theses 2 verses:

Jn 1:37 The two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus.
Jn 1:38 And Jesus turned and saw them following, and *said to them, “What do you seek?” They said to Him, “Rabbi (which translated means Teacher), where are You staying?”

He was telling me that this is how He gets disciples! They hear about Him, then start trying to follow Him. He turns and asks them what they are seeking? If they are seeking a Teacher, then they are His disciples!!

And what do you learn from Him?? You learn that He is God who knows good and evil, and you are not Him!

For example: If you listen to Him you will find out that He is love, not you, and so all we need is love/Him!! What you don't want is to lean own our understanding of love. Truly, only one thing is needed, and that is seeking what He has to say and listening!

Luk 10:42 but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her.”

Mary was listening to Love, Himself - yet Martha was doing what she thought was the loving and right thing to do!!

So we are wrong to think that these are the things to be cultivated:

1. Identity
  2. Self-Esteem
  3. Service to World
  4. Creativity
  5. Critical Thinking
  6. Peace
  7. Justice
  8. Openness
  9. Love
  10. Freedom

What needs to be cultivated is your personal relationship with Jesus Christ!!! We need to seek Him and listen!!

If you do that, all that other things above will be given to you!!

When He speaks to you He gives you 'Identity'! It does not come from your cultivating it, it comes from Him speaking to you!!

And the same is true for everything on that list!! It is a list of what you get from listening to Him, not a list of what you good words will give you!!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have we not read that God is love?
Yes but not relevant to the point. Jesus did not say he is love. Rather he said he is truth.

The point is that love is not all we need. I assert it is a lie because Satan will lie about what love is. Therefore, we need to be grounded in the truth, and be able to discern true love from false love.

What needs to be cultivated is your personal relationship with Jesus Christ!!!
Yea, I worded that awkwardly. In the video he made a list of things that we are told we need to cultivate. Everything on the list is a lie. And as you pointed out, what we need to cultivate is a relationship with our Savior.

AmeliaFox

Jan 27, 2023
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
2 other common sayings in our culture go against the truth in Scripture.

One about the volume in the glass. Is the glass half full or half empty? This contrasts with John 10:10 where Jesus came to give life and give it abundantly.

The volume in the glass question has an evil premise; that we are lacking an abundant life that Jesus spoke about. The evil premise is to accept we are not as prosperous as we covet. The Satanic distraction is to focus on attitude, optimistic or pessimistic, rather than the many manifold blessings of our lord that our cup filleth over. ("My cup runneth over" is a quotation from the Hebrew Bible (Psalms:23:5) and means "I have more than enough for my needs")

The 2nd common saying is honesty is the best policy/"I was only being honest." The post below analyzes a Biblical view, which exposes the Satanic words & philosophy for what it is; the complete jettisoning of Grace. Our Lord is not merely 'being honest', he is also full of grace. Grace and truth.
I wonder if the glass half-full / half-empty is in itself a reductive and ungodly trap - into a world of banal and restrictive measurent. Say a prayer and turn on the tap! Abundantly!

Reactions: Wrangler

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Wrangler,

While it understandable that the world can go against the grain of what Christ Jesus brings, there are two kinds of wisdom.

Earthly, and Heavenly.

James 3:13-18
Two Kinds of Wisdom

13 Who is wise and understanding among you? By his good life let him show his works in the meekness of wisdom.
14 But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth.

15 This wisdom is not such as comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, devilish.
16 For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice.

17 But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, without uncertainty or insincerity.
18 And the harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

May the God of peace be with you.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there are two kinds of wisdom.

Earthly, and Heavenly.
And there are good earthly wisdom, like brush your teeth daily, change your oil every 3,000 miles and finish all the medication prescribed for you. It's good if it does not go against the Word of God. Of course, Satan will attempt to deceive us for his purposes, like the glass is half empty, want peace then seek justice.

That's were we have to evaluate from a spiritual perspective. Is the Earthyly advice good (like brush your teeth) or demonic (like the most important person in the whole wide world is you).

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Love is always the best policy! I JUST explained how being honest all the time is not best as it can be unnecessarily. In Scripture God revealed himself over time, not all at once in keeping with the Satanic words or ideas you support to always speak what's on your mind. Keep in mind the path to salvation is the narrow path, not going too far left or too far right. Don't advocate going off the narrow path. It is not God's way. Sadly, you reference Math 5:37 but do not recognize it convicts the policy of always being honest, when it is careless.

The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences.
Proverbs 18:21 (NLT)

No matter how hard you beat a fool, you can't pound out the foolishness.
Proverbs 27:22 (CEV)

Don’t let even one rotten word seep out of your mouths. Instead, offer only fresh words that build others up when they need it most. That way your good words will communicate grace to those who hear them.
Ephesians 4:29 (Voice)

I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”
Matthew 12:36-37 ESV
Some people's "honesty" is in reality their insistence on sharing their erroneousn and negative Opinions of others as though they were the arbiters of Fact. And on a forum, were we've never even met each other in person, much less to have any personal interaction, I find that kind of "honesty" glaringly deficient.

I think we have a window into "humility" and "pride" in people's insistence over their "honesty".

Much love!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people's "honesty" is in reality their insistence on sharing their erroneousn and negative Opinions of others
The fleshy part of us is tempted to sin by saying unnecessarily hurtful things. We can rationalize it as honesty all we want.

IMO, the American culture has become to casual. If you see pictures of average Americans from a century ago, you will find them and even gangster's dressed in suits. Not calling men 'mister' but assuming it is OK to be on a first name basis reinforces the casualness.

I do believe calling men 'mister' would serve as a reminder not to be so casual, so 'honest' with saying unnecessarily hurtful things. Notice how I emphasize unncecessarly. Sometimes it is necessary but I submit, it is far less often than we've experienced.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fleshy part of us is tempted to sin by saying unnecessarily hurtful things. We can rationalize it as honesty all we want.

IMO, the American culture has become to casual. If you see pictures of average Americans from a century ago, you will find them and even gangster's dressed in suits. Not calling men 'mister' but assuming it is OK to be on a first name basis reinforces the casualness.

I do believe calling men 'mister' would serve as a reminder not to be so casual, so 'honest' with saying unnecessarily hurtful things. Notice how I emphasize unncecessarly. Sometimes it is necessary but I submit, it is far less often than we've experienced.
We still call people Sir and Ma'am, with the same effect. My wife wishes we'd all still wear suits, she likes the look.

Maybe I think more in terms that we've become sloppy in our discipline and critical thinking, so we just dish out whatever comes into our heads. And yes, justify it, so we don't have to feel bad about saying hurtful things.

Much love!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes but not relevant to the point. Jesus did not say he is love. Rather he said he is truth.

The point is that love is not all we need. I assert it is a lie because Satan will lie about what love is. Therefore, we need to be grounded in the truth, and be able to discern true love from false love.

Yea, I worded that awkwardly. In the video he made a list of things that we are told we need to cultivate. Everything on the list is a lie. And as you pointed out, what we need to cultivate is a relationship with our Savior.
Jesus Christ goes by a lot of names in the Bible!! I thought you would know that.

"The Word of God", or 'word of the Lord' is probably the most commonly used name for Him in the Bible. Though that might still be a revelation to some, which is why John specifically wrote it in Revelation!

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God

You also find that Moses used 'word of the Lord' for His name, like a lot of other prophets in the Old Testament.

Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying,

And we know that He, The Word, is God!

Jn 1:L1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

And we know that God, is love!

1 Jn 4:16 We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

And from the above verse we know that God is love, and those of us who abides in love abides in God - and god abides in him.

So what does it mean to abide in God and God to abide in us?

1 Jn 2:14 I have written to you, fathers, because you know Him who has been from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one.

If He abides in us, then we can hear from Him words!! He is love, not us, so to do the loving thing we need to listen to Him and do what He asks us - that is the loving thing to do!! Leaning on our own understanding does not enable us to do the right and loving thing!!

That is why Paul wrote about taking all thoughts captive to Him, and why the foremost commandment in the Bible is "Hear, O Isreal", and why Mary, who was listening to Him, was doing the one thing necessary, where as Martha, though she meant good and was trying by hear own understanding, to do the right and loving thing was still not doing the right and loving thing to do, even for Jesus who was in her home!!

Therefore, the purpose of the devil is to separate us from God (our Lord God, Jesus Christ, who is the Word of God). and what He has to say to us!!! God is love, not us!! If we realize that and stop listening to that snake who from that early time in the garden was saying, "did God really say", and "You can be like God" - thereby being doubt that God is there for us and encouraging us to try and be God and Lord of our lives instead of seeking God who is the Lord of lords for instructions, even our Lord, right?

1 Cor 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

Rom 10: 9 But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

We miss the depths of the meaning of those couple of verses above!!!!

Jesus Christ, the Word of God, is always with us!!! So we can and need to seek Him all though the day for the instructions He, as our Lord and the Word of God has for us!! That is how we wind up doing the right and loving thing to do!! Therefore love is the one thing needed, and we have Him, God, who is love in us, so that we can be loving - meaning we can do what He tells us to do!!

Prov 3:5-7 Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and turn away from evil.

That is what the Holy Spirit tells us, and is not what the devil tells us!!

The Holy Spirit tells us that Jesus Christ is the Lord, that we can turn to Him, acknowledge Him, and He will make our paths straight, and that not doing that and being wise in our own eyes is turning to evil and not turning away from evil and to the Lord!!

We overcome the evil one by turning to Jesus Christ, as the Word of God who is God and who is love!! Therefore, that is the one thing truly necessary.!!

I know I am hitting this topic hard, but it is the one thing truly needed! That we turn to Him and listen to Him!

Heb 5: 14 But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

If someone truly practices listening to Him, they find out that practicing turning to Him is the training to discern good and evil!! That is to say, that I find out which thoughts are from Him or from evil, by taking those thoughts to Him, who is always with me, and seeking what He has to say about them!!

For example: Let's say I got a dream, and it applies to any thought and not just dreams, but let's go with a dream. To find out whether it is from God or from the devil, and also to find out what I need to know about the dream, I seek Jesus Christ and ask Him about the dream -eg "Lord, Jesus Christ, what was with that dream?" Then you listen to Him!!!!

On morning I woke up and had a couple of dreams I remember from the prior night. They were weird and I thought they must have been from the devil, but I asked the Lord about them. One of them had a big spider in it, and I had almost got bit by it, in the dream. When I asked Him about it, He started talking to me about this walk I was taking with someone. That person, and me too, needed to lose some weight, but he needed it really bad. He was a Christian man, and the Lord had told me before that If I wanted to lose some weight I should ask him to go on a walk with me a couple of times a week. The Lord told me that he didn't want to walk with me, but that he would simply because it is written that if someone asks you to walk with them a mile, walk with them two miles with them. And he need to get to where he would walk a couple of miles, for health reasons.

That morning we were going on another walk, and the Lord told me that a demon had gotten him, and that he was going to tell me that he had now walked 2 miles with me, so he didn't have to walk with me anymore. And it would be the end of it.

So that morning we started our walk, but I didn't mention what the Lord told me. Yet as we started the walk I saw a black widow spirit in a large web next to the sidewalk. I walked by it and realized the Lord was going to be right again. And sure enough that day, when we finished the walk that Christian man proclaimed to me, "That is two miles and is the end of our walking together". I just said, "OK." but I had never made it about getting him to walk 2 miles. That was all his thinking. And he never had to agree, if he didn't want to, I had just asked Him because the Lord told me to. The Lord cared about Him, and wanted to help him. But a evil spirit was getting him to eat too much and not walk enough, or get enough exercise. That can be my problem also. So the Lord askes me to walk with Him a lot.

The point is that - God is love!! We don't even know what the loving thing to do for others!!! In that case, the loving thing to do was walk with this Christian man, to help get him in better shape! Who would know that! Not me. I had only done it because the Lord told me. And it had only stopped because the devil got into that Christians man thoughts and he didn't talk all thoughts captive to Jesus Christ.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The dark spiritual forces that we battle with, have a lot of ways to try and come after us!!! Yet they all have one thing in common - and that is that they are all meant to separates us from the Lord our God, Jesus Christ!!!

So, if we start our discernment of spirits by seeking our the Lord our God, Jesus Christ - then we defeat all their ways!!!!!

That is why the first words that snake spoke in the garden were, "Did God really say" - The idea behind that approach was to get us to doubt that our Lord is there for us - to speak to - to inquire of - and to get an answer from!!! So they start with promoting unbelief!

The next thing that snake does is to get us trying to lean on our own understanding. If we start to doubt that our Lord is there for us to inquire of, then we will think we have to lean on our own understanding!! So the snake said, "You can be like God" which is nothing less than promoting the idea we can get by from leaning on our own understanding!!

That unbelief, combined with our leaning on our understanding instead seeking our answers from Jesus Christ our Lord separates us from Him - and mission is accomplished! We wind up dead, spiritually speaking, because as Jesus explained - His words are spirit and are life!

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

Now of course - as you seek our Lord Jesus Christ and listen to Him you are going to be taught things. Those teachings can be helpful indeed, but His teachings, unlike the words of that snake, are all design to bring us closer to Him!!

Take for example:

Heb 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

It is meant to get us to practice seeking Him with our spiritual senses, like hearing His words with our spiritual senses. And if you do practice hearing Him, the more you will want to practice hearing Him, because He is the One giving you the solid food, which are His words spoken to you. So if you hear something you are not sure of, you will obviously turn back to Him, because you are practiced at doing that!!! So you will know that the one right thing to do is to seek Him and listen to what He has to say. That is the right thing to do and thus the loving thing to do, because God is love and it is Him who you are abiding in!!

So, when we start thinking we know the right thing to do, and think that we are love, we have fallen for the deceitful ways of that snake. We have already started to doubt that our Lord is there for us, and we have started to think that we can be like God!!

OK - from 20 years of listening to Him, I have gotten a lot of teachings, and about discernment of spirits. For example, He once told me that He does not give people depression. So if I start feeling 'depressed' and it is not from an obvious reason, then I know that I need to turn to Him, because I need and answer on it from Him! "Where is that depression coming from", I ask Him.

From doing that, I often find out that even when I think there is an obvious reason, that is not usually the reason for depression. It is usually the opportunity that the dark spiritual forces are taking to make me feel depressed. So feeling depressed is usually an evil spirit taking advantage of a situation when something I didn't want to happen but did happen. Thus again, the solution comes with hearing the LORD OF LORDS AND KING OF KINGS. He , the KING, often just has to tell me that He has it handled. If I believe Him, then I am no longer feeling depressed. If I doubt Him, then I agree with that snake which has been saying, "Did God really say? - and you can be like God, knowing good and evil" If that was the truth, I wouldn't have been feeling depressed in the first place! I would have understood that God, being God, had it all under control from the beginning!

And that same line of logic of turning back to the Lord, as in taking all thoughts captive to Jesus Christ, applies to all the tricks of the devil!!

Maybe you are having a problem with anger? Well - turn back to the Lord and make a practice of it!

Maybe you are feeling oppressed? Well -turn back to the Lord and make a practice of it!

What about a problem with getting the things you need for living? Well - turn back to the LORD OF LORDS AND KING OF KINGS WHO HAS A KINGDOM AND MAKE A PRACTICE OF IT!

OK, I know that is easier said than done! Even after talking with Him for over 20 years now, I still have problems not worrying about how and when I am going to get the money and things that I need to keep going! Yet here I am, still going after 65 years. And I have reason to believe that when I stop going in this flesh I will still keep going in spirit. That should make it easier to hear from Him, walk with Him, and know Him. Still, I can start now. I can believe in Him Today - or not. If I believe in Him I will talk to Him because He is always with me. If I start doubting, as in 'Did God really say', I will stop seeking Him and turn back to leaning on my understanding, as in 'You can be like God'!

That snake as a lot of tricks, but the main trick is always the same trick!!!

If you something does not go as you want - that snake says, "Did God really say?' causing you to doubt, and "You can be like God' causing you to lean on your own understanding.

We get angry when something does not go as we want - so that snake says, "Did God really say?' causing you to doubt, and "You can be like God' causing you to lean on your own understanding.

If we perceive that we need more and start feeling depressed or oppressed - that snake says, "Did God really say?' causing you to doubt, and "You can be like God' causing you to lean on your own understanding.

If you get confused, and that snake will try to cause that, then - that snake says, "Did God really say?' causing you to doubt, and "You can be like God' causing you to lean on your own understanding.

If you are listening with your spiritual ears and hear something you are not sure about, even if it is actually from God, that snake says, "Did God really say?' causing you to doubt, and "You can be like God' causing you to lean on your own understanding.

Therefore Jesus Christ - meaning turn to Him and listen to Him - is always the answer!!! And He is God and God is love to love is always the answer!!!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Karl Peters post #32 God is love

Good Bible study here, Karl thank you.

May the God of peace be with you, and all here.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ goes by a lot of names in the Bible!!
One of the most ignorant things people say and it is commonly said! People have one given name EVEN IF they have many titles.

It is nonsense to say the Messiah is Christ. Rather the answer to the question of who is the Messiah, who is the Christ, who is God's Anointed, who is the son of God is none other than the man from Nazareth, Jesus.

The point is that - God is love!!
God is a Being. To say that God is love is a figure of speech. Now, don't be pedentic and hijack this thread into all this stuff you know that has nothing to do with the point of the thread. Thanks.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the most ignorant things people say and it is commonly said! People have one given name EVEN IF they have many titles.

It is nonsense to say the Messiah is Christ. Rather the answer to the question of who is the Messiah, who is the Christ, who is God's Anointed, who is the son of God is none other than the man from Nazareth, Jesus.

God is a Being. To say that God is love is a figure of speech. Now, don't be pedentic and hijack this thread into all this stuff you know that has nothing to do with the point of the thread. Thanks.

First - people often have many names!!!

A name is what you call the person!! Maybe there is a name on a birth certificate - but might not be the name they wind up being know as, even to the family and closest friends. And if that person plays on a sports team, then they might get another name - a nickname. They might want to change their name at some point, it might even be because of a marriage. And all those names are given to them at some point and in some way. To think otherwise is naive!!

But I am not trying to "hijack" this thread!! Because -

In the heavens names are given to sow us things about people and even angels - and that because names are given by God also to show us things about His creation. One of the best Bible teachings I got from a person to my thinking, was one about the book of Ruth, and it was basically on the meanings behind the names of those in the book of Ruth. Without actually taking the time to go back and look it all up and instead go by my memory - You have a guy named (God is my King) which has a couple of sons (Mahlon and Chilion_ - Man Of Sickness and
Coming To An End> And those two did come to an end quickly, leaving a couple of wives without husbands. Still - this is not about that book, but about discernment of spirits!!

When we deal with spirits (good and evil) we wind up identifying them by what they tend to do or minister (good or evil)!!

For example: Lucifer meant "light bringer", and it is thought by meaning that he once led praise in heaven, and we know that God (who is the light) lives in His praises. Yet Lucifer stop doing that and started praising himself, so his name had to change!! It changed to Satan which means "adversary"! Satan is not in a constant battle with God and thus God's army and people!

So the thread was about words of Satan, and this information becomes important to understanding that works and words of Satan. Of course, even the title of the thread is a misnomer, becuase unlike God, Satan is not omni-present!! So we don't actually battle with Satan, but those under him. - Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

So, we can see that we really are not battling with Satan but those who have placed themselves under him! Like him, they also fell from heaven, and they have things they do, attributes they have, and things they minister (talk to our spirit) about. And you should know that angels (even fallen ones) are smarter than us and have been around a lot longer than us!! We cannot defeat them on our own!! So leaning on our understanding of them, even our best understanding of their words and works, is never ever going to be good enough!!!

WE HAVE TO SEEK THE LORD OUR GOD - JESUS CHRIST - WHOSE NAME IS CALLED THE WORD OF GOD, BECAUSE HE ALONE HAS THE WORDS OF GOD WHICH WE CAN HEAR!!! HE ALSO HAS THE POWER OF GOD!!! HE IS THE KING OVER THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN! SO HE HAS THE ARMY OF HEAVEN! AND THERE ARE MORE WITH US THAN AGAINT US!!

Therefore, though He (The Christ or the Messiah or God's anointed or whichever name you want to call the only begotten Son of God) is also called the Teacher, because He uses the words of God which He owns because they were given to Him, to teach us, and so I learn things from Him, even things about what those dark spiritual forces (and not actually Satan himself) say to me - I still need to take every thought captive to (The Christ or the Messiah or God's anointed or whichever name you want to call the only begotten Son of God) the Word of God, meaning I need to listen to Him!!!

Now if you want to talk about some of those many things I learned from The Teacher, fine!! I would like that too - however first and foremost we must understand and make it clear that the Kingdom of God must be sought FIRST! And that means seek the KING, which is also another name people use for the One leading them! Yeah - that name "the KING" or 'THE KING OF KINDS AND LORD OF LORDS" is what we also call a "Title", because it signifies a position of authority or honor, never-the-less it is also use as a name for that person (The Son of God). Or maybe a person just calls Him Lord?

Ok - I write a lot - but it amazes me the silliness of thinking a name is not what we call someone. It amazes me that I would have to even go over this with someone thinking they are a Christian of many years. How do they not already know this???

If we find an evil spirit causing a person to be depressed (and maybe it is ourselves) do we not know that evil spirit as a spirit of depression, who tells us that things are bad and goes about convincing the person to feel depressed instead of encouraged???

We Chistian's know that, right??? Ok, maybe not all Christians, but certainly those who have been around awhile and who regularly talk to the Lord, right?

And if they do talk to Jesus Christ and follow Him, did they not also get the wisdom to understand that then to be selfish, yet Jesus Christ is always loving when it comes to other people??? How could they not know that? Did they not even read in the Bible where Jesus said to people "If you being evil"? He doesn't not like!! We people are evil, if for no other reason than our selfishness!!

Therefore, evil spirits (Satan's words is you wish) are going to lead us to leaning own our own understanding!!

Ok - maybe I will cover some more specific things I learned from the Lord, but first this must be established!! Jesus Christ is Lord!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First - people often have many names!!!
No. Untrue. People may have aliases but only have one name.

The importance of one's name is throughout the Bible. Jacob renamed Israel, Simon, renamed Peter. And Adam naming all the animals.

The importance of this was stated well by Buddha. The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A name is what you call the person!!
"A" name is not what we are talking about. We are not talking about name calling and claiming that is legitimate. We are talking about THE name of a person. By definition, there is only one. This is the purpose of the definite article, 'the.'

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having established that no mater what we have come to know, we still must take all thoughts captive to Jesus Christ, then I can share things He did show me.

Some of the best teachings about how the dark forces work came to me from the Lord sending me 40 angels, and telling me to figure out their names. It turned out that I could name them by what they tended to minster and do. Indeed, that is how God names them also!

For example Michael, as in the angle Michael, means how is like God! It is that the angle Michael is like God but rather that Michael the angel, tends to ask the question 'Who is like God", because he is a spirit of evangelism and tries to point people to Jesus Christ, who is the perfect image of the invisible God, and has been given all the things of God.

Now Michael, of course, is not the only spirit of evangelism. It doesn't seem that anyone except God can count the number of angels, and apparently about a third of them fell, leaving 2/3rds who are for us. But since we are talking about the 1/3 that fell (according to many Christian preachers and which seems to line up with what I too have heard and seen with my spiritual senses) So it was that of the forty angels sent to me, one of them was a spirit of evangelism, and he ministered to me as instructed to by my Lord Jesus Christ.

I learned a lot from him and the other angels who the Lord has sent (unbelievers should look at the last verse in Heb 1 and ask themselves that question), and one of the things they tended to cover was what happened to those like them who fell. If an angels like to point others to Jesus Christ and that angel fell, they would then like to point us away from Jesus Christ! Now, it was explained to me that evil spirit might prefer to point people to their leader Satan, but anywhere other than Jesus Christ would do. So pointing people to religious might be a good way to point someone away from Jesus Christ!!! That is to say that "Evangelism" which is a spirit that serves the Lord and tries to point people to Jesus Christ, can be a fallen angel which instead of pointing people to Jesus Christ can point people away from Jesus Christ by simply making it about religion instead of getting to know our Lord!!!

Of course that makes sense!! The Pharisees of that time, must have had spirits influencing them, or how else did they become such and adversary of Jesus Christ when He was in the flesh on earth? And Satan, means "Adversary". So I guess that would qualify as a teaching on the words of Satan.

And since we are talking on a Christian forum, it is a good place to cover how being pointed to religion, even the Christian religion is not the same as being pointed to Jesus Christ, which us Christians are supposed to be doing.

For example; When I ran the Christian bookstore the Lord asked me to open and run, I would have to go by the post office and drop off books that I had sold and needed to be mailed. For a while there was a pastor in town trying to get people to come to his church. To me, that was a great idea. I want people to go to church, because I think it is a good place to find Jesus Christ, so long as that church is pointing them to Jesus Christ! As far as I knew, that pastor was pointing people to Jesus Christ, so I liked His idea. Yet one day I found another Christian man from a different Christian church is town getting all over that man. That man was proclaiming that his Christian church was the place to go to and not that man's Christian church. Now the man normally standing there was not responding but was just trying to smile. Yet one thing was sure from what I saw, and that was that the man starting the argument had a wrong spirit!! That man was making it about his religion/church instead of making it about knowing Jesus Christ! The man causing the argument was killing "evangelism"!!!

Now when I took what I saw outside the post office to the Lord, He didn't comment on which man was wrong, but He did comment on always telling others about Him!!! Make it about Jesus Christ and knowing Him, is what we need to do according to God, the Scriptures, and even the angels of evangelism!!

Who is like God? Well say something like:

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. (Col 1:15)

or

He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. (Col 1:18)

Then you too can be a spirit of evangelism, spreading the good news here on earth. But don't be like the fallen angels who now point people away from Jesus Christ, even if it is to religion. Real Christianity is not a religion, it is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ!!!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"A" name is not what we are talking about. We are not talking about name calling and claiming that is legitimate. We are talking about THE name of a person. By definition, there is only one. This is the purpose of the definite article, 'the.'

??? To me, "name calling" means calling someone stupid. Still, they might have a stupid idea.

So a very serious person can have an idea that seem very silly to me. That does not mean the person is "silly", as in name calling, but it might mean the serious person didn't take what they were thinking to the Lord to find out if it made sense. I make that mistake myself at times. Which is why, when I realize it, I turn back to Him and realize that we people are like that. So is it wise or foolish to point that out??

Sometimes it is hard to tell. If the person I am speaking to is wise, then they will learn from me pointing it out, but if the person is scoffer they will come back at me.

Prov 8:8,9 Do not reprove a scoffer, or he will hate you,
Reprove a wise man and he will love you.
Give instruction to a wise man and he will be still wiser,
Teach a righteous man and he will increase his learning.

Regardless of what anyone thinks, I am still going to try and point people to the Lord and feel those silly who claim to understand this but don't.

Indeed, I have been and still I am regularly told to preach Jesus Christ, the Great I AM, as the Word of God - because that name of His means listening to Him, and He is the King who is above all things, according to the wishes of His Father. He is our Lord if we listen to Him and do what He askes! Yet who are we serving if we are leaning on our own understanding?

Even a fool can tell you that! And perhaps a fool understands it better because they might understand they need Him more!