Words of Satan, Part 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 other common sayings in our culture go against the truth in Scripture.

One about the volume in the glass. Is the glass half full or half empty? This contrasts with John 10:10 where Jesus came to give life and give it abundantly.

The volume in the glass question has an evil premise; that we are lacking an abundant life that Jesus spoke about. The evil premise is to accept we are not as prosperous as we covet. The Satanic distraction is to focus on attitude, optimistic or pessimistic, rather than the many manifold blessings of our lord that our cup filleth over. ("My cup runneth over" is a quotation from the Hebrew Bible (Psalms:23:5) and means "I have more than enough for my needs")

The 2nd common saying is honesty is the best policy/"I was only being honest." The post below analyzes a Biblical view, which exposes the Satanic words & philosophy for what it is; the complete jettisoning of Grace. Our Lord is not merely 'being honest', he is also full of grace. Grace and truth.

Agreed! The lost art of discretion. Not only forming new friendships but energizing existing friendships.

Perhaps not coincidently, I took my granddaughter last week to the play Hamilton. A character repeatedly chastened Hamilton to "speak less and smile more."

The predominant philosophy of this world defends violating such discretion with "I was only being honest." My Bible Study leader was fond of saying upon happening on various passages that "the Bible continually reminds us not to go too far right or too far left." This is the meaning when it is said about who we are to model, that Jesus was full of grace and truth. Honesty is not the best policy when it unnecessarily hurts; specifically, when it unnecessarily hurts the relationship.

I used charisma to let the man who was a stranger to me but a brother in Christ know that we might have doctrinal differences. The statement was punctuated with an infectious smile. This somewhat stymied his doctrinal purity train and he really did not know how to respond. Had he asked specifics, I might have obliged him. However, this tactic allowed the subject to be breeched without turning argumentative and remaining a bit of a friendly mystery.

Also during this weekend, a friend of 35 years shared again details of his bad marriage and facts that I deem him failing in his role as spiritual leader of the union. I urged him again to guide his wife in this area she is having quite a bit of difficulty. In my opinion, she has good reason to feel abandoned, which understandably is a source of great pain for anyone.

Yet, I again go back to the idea that unless someone specifically asks you, they probably don't want to hear your opinion. There is a boundary that our "I was only being honest" philosophy violates, which makes it all the more a broken world of hurt people needing Christ.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 other common sayings in our culture go against the truth in Scripture.

One about the volume in the glass. Is the glass half full or half empty? This contrasts with John 10:10 where Jesus came to give life and give it abundantly.

The volume in the glass question has an evil premise; that we are lacking an abundant life that Jesus spoke about. The evil premise is to accept we are not as prosperous as we covet. The Satanic distraction is to focus on attitude, optimistic or pessimistic, rather than the many manifold blessings of our lord that our cup filleth over. ("My cup runneth over" is a quotation from the Hebrew Bible (Psalms:23:5) and means "I have more than enough for my needs")

The 2nd common saying is honesty is the best policy/"I was only being honest." The post below analyzes a Biblical view, which exposes the Satanic words & philosophy for what it is; the complete jettisoning of Grace. Our Lord is not merely 'being honest', he is also full of grace. Grace and truth.
Honesty is always the best policy Wrangler, God expects nothing less sir Mat 5:37; Rev 21:8

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honesty is always the best policy Wrangler, God expects nothing less sir Mat 5:37; Rev 21:8
No. Love is always the best policy! I JUST explained how being honest all the time is not best as it can be unnecessarily. In Scripture God revealed himself over time, not all at once in keeping with the Satanic words or ideas you support to always speak what's on your mind. Keep in mind the path to salvation is the narrow path, not going too far left or too far right. Don't advocate going off the narrow path. It is not God's way. Sadly, you reference Math 5:37 but do not recognize it convicts the policy of always being honest, when it is careless.

The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences.
Proverbs 18:21 (NLT)

No matter how hard you beat a fool, you can't pound out the foolishness.
Proverbs 27:22 (CEV)

Don’t let even one rotten word seep out of your mouths. Instead, offer only fresh words that build others up when they need it most. That way your good words will communicate grace to those who hear them.
Ephesians 4:29 (Voice)

I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”
Matthew 12:36-37 ESV

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Love is always the best policy! I JUST explained how being honest all the time is not best as it can be unnecessarily. In Scripture God revealed himself over time, not all at once in keeping with the Satanic words or ideas you support to always speak what's on your mind. Keep in mind the path to salvation is the narrow path, not going too far left or too far right. Don't advocate going off the narrow path. It is not God's way. Sadly, you reference Math 5:37 but do not recognize it convicts the policy of always being honest, when it is careless.

The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences.
Proverbs 18:21 (NLT)

No matter how hard you beat a fool, you can't pound out the foolishness.
Proverbs 27:22 (CEV)

Don’t let even one rotten word seep out of your mouths. Instead, offer only fresh words that build others up when they need it most. That way your good words will communicate grace to those who hear them.
Ephesians 4:29 (Voice)

I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”
Matthew 12:36-37 ESV
You are absolutely correct Wrangler, love is the best policy, but of course the topic was honesty, and dealing with that subject only leaves two possibilities honesty or dishonesty, and of course the best policy for that is honesty for sure.

One might even carry the topic of love to a greater degree as well, of course love over hate is the best policy, with love of God being first, but hate as well can be the best policy for some things. The Bible reveals that God's people are to hate: (Psalm 97:10) . . .O you who love Jehovah, hate what is bad.. . .
So love or hate, depends upon circumstances, but I can't think of a single instance where dishonesty would be better, can you Wrangler?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A sermon once demanded we be kind to everyone all the time. Being honest may violate the principle of being loving and kind.
I so very much agree Wrangler, when that is the case it is better to follow this advice sir:
(Ecclesiastes 3:7) . . .A time to be silent . . .

Reactions: Wrangler

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not advocating lying. I am advocating holding ones tongue if it unnecessarily hurts someone, especially if it hurts a relationship.
You are just a bit ahead of me Wrangler, I just posted that response to you a moment ago. They say great minds think alike sir, but that must not be the case, cause of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most!! I don't consider it a kindness to compare my mind to someone elses. Nice we agree on this Wrangler.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are absolutely correct Wrangler, love is the best policy, but of course the topic was honesty, and dealing with that subject only leaves two possibilities honesty or dishonesty
The pivot is NOT between honesty and dishonesty. The pivot is between grace and truth.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fail to see grace as being the opposite of truth sir, perhaps you can expound on that point?
I already did. See OP.

And I am not claiming opposites but 2 principles that ought to guide what comes out of our mouth. Why is it so hard for you to grasp NOT saying things, even if true, when it unnecessarily hurts people and relationships?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already did. See OP.

And I am not claiming opposites but 2 principles that ought to guide what comes out of our mouth. Why is it so hard for you to grasp NOT saying things, even if true, when it unnecessarily hurts people and relationships?
I responded to that yesterday when you commented on it sir. What has that to do with this topic?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THE WORDS OF SATAN - A very interesting and important topic, which is about discernment of spirits!!!

There are some tests concerning discernment of spirits in the Bible which we should use! 1 Jn 4:1-3 - 1 Cor 12:3, and lot of people use the "fruits of the Spirit test' which is in the Bible and needs to be considered but also and area we can be tricked in and also one that gets applied to people instead of the dark spiritual forces so that we wind up battling with flesh and blood instead of the dark spiritual forces. And so there is another important Scripture to consider also, which has to do with the benefit of practicing hearing and how with practices we learn more about discerning good from evil:

Heb 5:11 Concerning him we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.
Heb 5"14 But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

All the above need to be used - and practiced!!

Then using the tests and practicing hearing from Jesus Christ our Lord and Teacher whose name is called the Word of God will get you better at discerning spirits!! Never-the-less - after over 20 years of listening daily to our Lord and Teacher, Jesus Christ, the best policy is still to try and take all thoughts captive to Him. I still can get trick, but He never gets tricked!! So I, as a rule, tell people to seek Jesus Christ and make it about listening to Him for themselves!! It is written - seek and you shall find.

With that disclaimer out of the way - I will discuss things about "The Words of Satan" the my Lord Jesus Christ has taught me.

In the OP of the first thread on this subject we find that Satan twist things around!!!! That is absolutely correct!!!

The reason for that is the fall!! Satan fell because he decided to everything to himself instead of the anointed King - our Lord Jesus Christ! Satan was thinking that with his wisdom he could be God instead of serve God!! It was a power struggle! That pattern is often seen in politics today for the exact same reason. They "spin"/ twist stories, thereby acting like those who control them (we all battle with the powers, principalities and those dark spiritual forces- Satan and those spirits which are not flesh and blood who are under him) So Satan and those following him, are liars!! Our Lord can not lie, because it is simply not in Him. They have no control of Him, so seeking Him is the one way t get the truth!

Now since we are saved by faith, the fist thing that snake (serpant of old Satan) did and usually still does is to twist our faith in Jesus Chrsit to unbelief!!! Indeed that shows up in the very first words that snake spoke to Eve!

Gen 3: Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, “Indeed, has God said, ‘You shall not eat from [any tree of the garden’?”

"INDEED HAS GOD SAID" - were the first words recorded in the Bible that Satan said, and so they need to be noted by us!!

While in ministry, so many times I got people to believe Jesus Christ to seek the voice of our Lord Jesus Christ, and they would hear Him tell them something in there spirit which they picked up and testified to themselves, yet later they returned doubting that they had heard from the Lord Jesus Christ!! And I too understand this, because He tells me things and later I find that I have started to doubt that He really told me those things which if asked I have responded like Eve but the doubt had still taken some hold in me.

Gen 3: 2,3 The woman said to the serpent, “From the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat; but from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat from it or touch it, or you will die.’”

Note that Eve knows she heard from the Lord and exactly what He told her, so that she could tell that snake, (Satan) exactly what the Lord had said to her!! NOTE THAT!! - Because many of us are like that. (even me) In that we can tell others what our Lord tolds us, but we also now find doubt in us - which is those lying words of Satan where said "Indeed has God said"

Now then what Satan does after that is sometimes called "Gas Lighting" - that is He keeps going after the same lie over again and again!!

Gen 3:4 The serpent said to the woman, “You surely will not die!

Gen 3:5 “For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

Gen 3:6 When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate.

What does it mean "WHEN the woman saw that the tree was good for food"???

I will tell you what it means - It means the "Gas Lighting" (saying the same lie over and over) worked!!

It works on us TODAY!!

We head the Lord tell us something, and we actually know it, but that snakes tells us "Did God really say?" Then that snake puts forth the lie and just keeps repeating it until we finally fall for it!! Then we do what the Lord told us not to do!!

It works on the drunk - to whom knows God does not want Him drinking too much, but to whom that snake said "Did God really say to not get drunk" and then over and over tells the drunk 'that he wants to be drunk, it will be good for you to drown your sorrows'

And it works on our leaders who become drunk on power in the same way, so that they too lie and twist (spin) things around to get more power!

It works on like many Americans, in that he gets me to eat too much. The Lord woke me up last night about 2 am and was telling me that I need to drink water and not so much soda. Yet without thinking, I got up and got a some soda to drink this morning. I don't drink coffee, but my wife does, and in her case, she winds up drinking her caffeine drug that way. So, it also works on the druggy who winds up on whatever drug is helping to destroy them.

Of course, Satan is not limited to this, but this is the primary way evil gets at us. So to the Pastor, Satan is going to get him to go after the power and authority beyond what the Lord gave them, so they stop seeking the Lord and His voice to prepare the sermons. And ultimately that twisting belief into unbelief (sin) is what gets all of us to stop seeking Jesus Christ for the words of life we do need to hear!!!

It is the reason we (all people - because all have sinned) KILLED THE WORD OF GOD!!!!

Don't fool yourself - you killed Jesus Christ who is the Word of God because you (all of us but all of us personally) have at times heard the Lord tell you something and you (again all of us but take it personally) and also me have not been able to do and say only what we heard from Jesus Christ our Lord who is the Word of God!

Now there is one big difference between the "believer" and the non-believer!! The believer is going to realize they do sin, so they repent an try to turn back to Jesus Christ as the Word of God everyday called "Today".

I prayed the Lord's prayer this morning, which includes forgiveness from Him. I listened for His voice and He asked me to write. I wrote and realized, 'Wow, I forgot about only drinking water today' It was 2 in the morning and I was sleepy and went back to bed, so that trickster got me, Again, I found the principle that evil was present in me, just like Paul wrote:

Rom 7:19-21 For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good.

So I again turn back to the Lord over and over, because I need His help in the battle!

Rom 7: 24,25 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

So what is the point of writing about "The Word of Satan" if we keep finding that evil is present in us?

The point is, if we think about it, the very words of Satan can help us turn back to Jesus Christ!!!!! If we simply believe Jesus Chris is there for us!!!

DO WE NOT SEE IT???

GOD OUT SMARTED THAT SNAKE!!! BECAUSE IF WE BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST WE THEN TURN BACK TO HIM AFTER SATAN SPEAKS TO US!!! SO SATAN AND HIS WORDS HAVE BECOME THE VERY THING WHICH TURNS BELIEVERS BACK TO LISTENING TO OUR LORD!!!

PEOPLE, GOD ALSO CREATED SATAN KNOWING WHAT HE WOULD DO, BUT GOD TURNS WHAT SATAN MEANT OF EVIL (Satan's words)TO GOOD!!!

The trickster got tricked. Satan and his words have become a tool used by God to get us people, who God gave freewill to, to turn us back to our Lord Jesus Christ and listen to Him - if indeed you actually believe in Jesus Christ and Him as the King of kings and the Word of God!!

Reactions: Azim and Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
discernment of spirits!!! ... So what is the point of writing about "The Word of Satan" if we keep finding that evil is present in us?
I just finished reading Wild At Heart by John Eldridge (given a 4-star rating out of 5 by me). In it, he pits God and our true self with our fleshy, ego based self (that is liable to succomb to Satan's evil whisper of tempation).

In the dark, we hear 2 voices. I submit that it is not enough for the sheep to know they voice of the shephard; we must also know the voice of the Adversary as well as our own fallen voice. Curiosity killed the cat and people are more curious still. What was that? How does that taste? How would that feel? I do got to be the scientist and experiment with that, don't I?

Yes. YES. YES! Says the words of Satan

Quieter than that is the sure voice that does not pay homage to the wordly glory given to "Science" and it flat about us acting on our emotions, giving into our temptations. Depriving ourselves does not seem right, for we only go around once, right? RIGHT?! The world tells us.

Indeed, the world (the words of Satan) tells us these things that we want to hear. Yes, we need to discern the voice that is not the Shepherd's voice.

Reactions: Karl Peters

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just finished reading Wild At Heart by John Eldridge (given a 4-star rating out of 5 by me). In it, he pits God and our true self with our fleshy, ego based self (that is liable to succomb to Satan's evil whisper of tempation).

In the dark, we hear 2 voices. I submit that it is not enough for the sheep to know they voice of the shephard; we must also know the voice of the Adversary as well as our own fallen voice. Curiosity killed the cat and people are more curious still. What was that? How does that taste? How would that feel? I do got to be the scientist and experiment with that, don't I?

Yes. YES. YES! Says the words of Satan

Quieter than that is the sure voice that does not pay homage to the wordly glory given to "Science" and it flat about us acting on our emotions, giving into our temptations. Depriving ourselves does not seem right, for we only go around once, right? RIGHT?! The world tells us.

Indeed, the world (the words of Satan) tells us these things that we want to hear. Yes, we need to discern the voice that is not the Shepherd's voice.

Quite right =

With spiritual ears we can pickup both sides, so discernment is needed, and each of us are personally responsible for using some discernment and so seek the what our Lord has to say via His Holy Spirit.

Often is does seem the voices of this world come through louder, but that is no usually the case. It is more a case that they tend to actract our flesh more, so we too often hear them as opposed to our Lord who indeed reproves those He loves. That is to say tempting voices often attract us more than love. So temptation is too often heard easier than God.

So it is that if we get to know our Teacher, He does spend time teaching us, which includes teaching us the way evil!

As I mentioned - Doubt that God speaks to us is usually the first attack on us, like it was with Eve! Then temptation to be like God with an appeal to our fleshy needs, the second tactic, again like was used with Eve. Of course there are lots of other tricks in Satan's bag of tricks, like getting us to lie to get ourselves in positions of power not given to us by God, is another.

One of the more interesting things the Lord did to teach me about Satan and his tricks, was to send me ministering angels that served Him. They would show me how they sound and how the Lord of lord's using them, and then often they would explain how if angels like them who fell might sound.

For example there was an angel who served the Lord which the Lord would send to help stay focused on what the Lord wanted done. He was called "Focus". He explained to me that there were angels like him who fell and they use their God given attributes to do the opposite, which was to bring confusion.

Now if we become aware of what is going on around us in the spirit realm, we should know that what is bound up on earth is bound in heaven and what is loosed on earth is loosed in heaven, as written in the Bible. So we might want to pray that confusion is bound up and focus is loosed to help us, right?

Of course we don't learn all this instantly when we come to know the Lord. It is a learning process. That our practicing using our spiritual senses, primarily to seek the Kingdom of God first, it so important to us!

I mean, if we know this and find there is a lot of confusion in our life we can bind it up and ask the Lord for some help focusing on what we need to do, right? That is called discernment of Spirits.

Still, the Lord send me 40 angels at that time of teaching me this. Up front was Praise, so what happens with angles designed to praise the Lord when they fell? Well - Satan is a real good personal example with this, because Lucifer was supposed to lead the praise in heaven, was he not? So instead of praising God he now praises himself! That is how Satan himself got twisted around. So what happens with leaders of things today, when they fall from God? They start praising themselves!! It is something we too often see with our leaders too. It is especially noticeable in sports where you have the best player being the leader of the team or in their field. but not just sports. Even Christianity too.

Too often the pastor of a church thinks he and he alone needs to be the preacher at the church. Check out the Azusa Street revival. William J. Seymour, though the pastor, apparently spent most of his time in charge with a box or something over his head just trying to hear what the Lord had to say and praying. So he lead by seeking the Lord and praying and incredible things happened. He had to have a great deal of trust in the Lord to do that.

The Lord used me as a leader in a healing ministry. The broke us down usually in groups of 3 of which I spent most of my time there leading a group. To that end I used to seek the Lord and proceed as He told me. That did not mean I did most of the ministering, it mean that the Lord would tell me who He wanted ministering first, then next and so on. He would often have me give an assignment, like having one member of the group lead someone through forgiveness, or perhaps pray for something to be healed, but the point is that being the leader in a church should always be listening to the Lord for how He wants things done and does not mean that you need to be the one in the spotlight. Thinking that you have to always be in the spotlight is something that Satan thinks.

Reactions: Azim

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With spiritual ears we can pickup both sides, so discernment is needed, and each of us are personally responsible for using some discernment
Another book, Victory Over Darkness, admonishes us to take 'every thought captive to Christ.'

At the doorway, the outer perimeter of your essence, should you meet the adversary and take his seductive lures to Christ at the first instance. The longer we ponder how shiny and beautiful, this thing of evil will appear less so to the point of not seeming evil at all.

This is why the more we sin, the easier it gets. We ought not get used to those greased skids.

Last edited:
Reactions: Karl Peters

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another book, Victory Over Darkness, admonishes us to 'every thought captive to Christ.

At the doorway, the outer perimeter of your essence, should you meet the adversary and take his seductive lures to Christ at the first instance. The longer we ponder how shiny and beautiful, this thing of evil will appear less so to the point of not seeming evil at all.

This is why the more we sin, the easier it gets. We ought not get used to those greased skids.
I like the post! Neil Anderson in his book "Victory Over Darkness" is correct to admonish us to take 'every thought captive to Christ' - but how well do we do it? We don't think we really are doing that, do we? Have we now obtained that level of avoiding sin?

Indeed, Paul wrote that he took every thought captive to Jesus Christ, and that actually goes back to verses in the OT. This bit of information is in fact the main thing to helping us discern good and evil. It is what practicing using your spiritual senses is all about!!

We get thoughts, that is to say we get info put onto our spirits by various spirits. So to figure out what is happening we need to take those thoughts to Jesus Christ, our Lord, and it is written that if you ask for bread He is not going to give you a stone (the Law was on stone), and if for a egg you are not going to get a scorpion - the point being that if we ask God for something good, like an answer to question about where a thought is coming from and an explanation, we are going to hear from the Lord our God Jesus Christ, who also happens to be "The Teacher". It is written that they will all be taught of God - but we have to listen and ask our Teacher questions!!

So the great importance of taking our thoughts captive to Jesus Christ.

2 Co 10:5 We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,

1 Kings 8:47 if they take thought in the land where they have been taken captive, and repent and make supplication to You in the land of those who have taken them captive, saying, ‘We have sinned and have committed iniquity, we have acted wickedly';

2 Ch 6:37 if they take thought in the land where they are taken captive, and repent and make supplication to You in the land of their captivity, saying, ‘We have sinned, we have committed iniquity and have acted wickedly';

The Lord wants us to talk to Him about what is going on around us in the heavenly/spiritual realm. Yet we have this flesh on us and don't tend to consider God and the battle that is taking place around us and which is influencing us.

Now there is an interesting thing that happens when you try to take every thought captive to Jesus Christ. You find that the more you try to take every thought to the Lord, the more you find you don't take every thought to the Lord. And thus you find that you are far more a sinner that you could have ever imagined!!!

That explains why we read, "‘We have sinned, we have committed iniquity and have acted wickedly';" at the end of the two verses above!!!

It is why Paul also wrote:

Rom 10:7 For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin. For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.

Of course, trying to take every thought captive to Jesus Christ does not make you more of a sinner, but it very much does make you more aware of what a sinner you are!!! And that makes you more aware of how much you need Jesus Christ - thus causing you to seek Him more, but then making you aware of how far you are from doing and saying only what the Lord tells you to do. Thus you become more aware of the mercy and grace the God pours out on you!!

Therefore the one thing you don't go about doing is telling others that you are not a sinner in need of Jesus Christ - because you more aware of your need for Jesus Christ and thus you keep turning back to Him.

Rom 7: 24,25 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

That is how a real Christian, who has spent years talking back and forth with the Lord feels. You feel your tie to sin, you feel your unworthiness, you understand how our Lord Jesus Christ is there for us with His grace and mercy, and you realize that the only logical thing to do is to keep turning back to Him as you can - which is the closes you can get to taking every thought captive to Jesus Christ, but also the awareness that you are far from doing that.

Phil 3:12,13 Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,

Forgetting what lies behind (our sinful nature) but reaching forward to what lies ahead (eternal life with Jesus Christ) - means we keep trying to take thought captive to Jesus Christ, even thought we know we don't do a great job of it. We still strive for it, and thus it is what we want for other too!! Which is why we preach Jesus Christ as the Word of God, meaning that if anyone hears His voice and opens the too to Him (starts taking their thoughts captive to Him) then He will come into them and eat (discuss things) with them and them with Him.

That is what I constantly try to do - turn people to Him, including myself - by taking our thoughts captive to Him and hearing what He has to say about them!

Is 1:8 “Come now, and let us reason together,”
Says the LORD,
“Though your sins are as scarlet,
They will be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They will be like wool.

Reactions: Azim and Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neil Anderson in his book "Victory Over Darkness" is correct to admonish us to take 'every thought captive to Christ' - but how well do we do it? We don't think we really are doing that, do we? Have we now obtained that level of avoiding sin?
My wife recently put the vegetable knife in with the vegetable drawer. When I retrieved the vege's, I almost cut my hand. This is what happens as you get older. Certain habitual things are done without conscious thought. So it is with taking every thought captive to Christ.

It is said that we make our habits and then our habits make us.

Of course, trying to take every thought captive to Jesus Christ does not make you more of a sinner, but it very much does make you more aware of what a sinner you are!!!
I take it that you meant "less" of a sinner?

It's secondarily about sinning. It's primarily recognizing this armor of God addresses the temptation that leads to sin. Often now, even when a bad thought enters my head - and I recognize it for what it is, a bad thought - I immediately pray to take this thought obedient to Christ and ask to be filled with the Spirit to guide me and guide my thoughts to avoid the evil such thoughts entice.

And that makes you more aware of how much you need Jesus Christ - thus causing you to seek Him more, but then making you aware of how far you are from doing and saying only what the Lord tells you to do.

Taking every thought obedient to Christ sure does make you more aware of how much you need Jesus Christ.

Is 1:8 “Come now, and let us reason together,”
Says the LORD,
One of my favorite verses in the OT is Isaiah 1:18.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife recently put the vegetable knife in with the vegetable drawer. When I retrieved the vege's, I almost cut my hand. This is what happens as you get older. Certain habitual things are done without conscious thought. So it is with taking every thought captive to Christ.

This particular concept - that is to say that we unconsciously take every conscious thought - I strongly disagree with!!

Obviously, it really doesn't make sense - that we unconsciously take all our conscious thoughts to Jesus Christ.

After all - how did the knife get into the drawer if that was being done, and how did you not know it was there so it cut you if you have heard from Jesus Christ. Did you decide to just get stubborn and reach in anyway after your Lord Jesus Christ told you that it was there?

I know that the Lord will often tell us before something bad happens, but we all also know that sometimes He does not!!

Why doesn't He always make it clear to us before we have an accident?? Isn't it to remind us that we should be taking all thoughts captive to Him and hearing from Him more??? I think so.

If that is the case, then getting cut from something hidden from you was a reminder to seek Him about hidden things - wasn't it?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This particular concept - that is to say that we unconsciously take every conscious thought - I strongly disagree with!!
That's not what I meant. What I meant was my wife did wrap up the knife with the vege's and put in the frig drawer without consciously being aware of it.

It shows her mind is on automatic pilot. Maybe not a good analogy. But my point is to develop the reflex to recognize the words of Satan and take those to Christ AT THE FIRST.

Sorry for the confusion.