Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes Jesus said IT is finished.

He meant the PLAN OF SALVATION was complete to redeem mankind from the fallen state of sin.

He did NOT mean, ok Ive done all the work now sit back on MY laurels and gather dust !

He meant that man no longer has to live under the law but can live by grace without the yearly animal sacrifices for sin that ONLY PUT OFF SIN, IT DIDNT ESPONGE IT !.

Come let us reason together as in Isaiah means working together a plan that ensures our entrance into heaven by way of Jesus.

In your livelihood, you worked the plan of your boss as it was his business or company,right.
God is higher than man and his plan is INFALLIBLE,.........IF WE FOLLOW HIM AND THE PLAN !
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d It's indeed a matter of resting in what John 19.30 says: "It is finished".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes Jesus said IT is finished.

He meant the PLAN OF SALVATION

Jesus didnt finish the "Plan" of Salvation.
Jesus finished : "the GIFT of Salvation", and "The Gift of Righteousness".

How did He do that?
He did it by providing it to us from the Cross.
What is He providing there, on the Cross... as our Finished Salvation?

A.) Himself.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d It's indeed a matter of resting in what John 19.30 says: "It is finished".

Ive never met a person yet who can Equal what Christ has "finished" on the Cross.
But GOD KNOWS i have heard a lot of them try it, on my Threads and on others.
Forums are filled with these RELIGIOUS FAKIRS. who are "working their way to heaven" heretics.
Denominations are CREATED by these Cross Denying liars.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Ive never met a person yet who can Equal what Christ has "finished" on the Cross.
But GOD KNOWS i have heard a lot of them try it, on my Threads.
Forums are filled with these "working their way to heaven" heretics.
We need indeed to keep to NT simplicity...........

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Working out.............
To me means living by, hearing & doing the word of God, AND THAT ONLY !

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Paul said..>"the Simplicity that is IN Christ".

ITs so simple.

Christ died and we are SAVED by His Sacrifice, or not.

"all that call on the name of the Lord, Believing, shall be Saved".

If we never do this...then we die here....... John 3:36

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Paul said..>"the Simplicity that is IN Christ".

ITs so simple.

Christ died and we are SAVED by His Sacrifice, or not.

"all that call on the name of the Lord, Believing, shall be Saved".

If we never do this...then we die here....... John 3:36
2 Corinthians 11.3........

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Working out.............
To me means living by, hearing & doing the word of God, AND THAT ONLY !

That is all behavior.
See your word.>"DOING"..."here is what i am DOING" to try to SAVE MYSELF.

Salvation is not me or you "doing" anything.
Salvation is what CHRIST has already DONE..

Discipleship, .......this is our "doing".
Discipleship is not Salvation.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus didnt finish the "Plan" of Salvation.
Jesus finished : "the GIFT of Salvation", and "The Gift of Righteousness".

How did He do that?
He did it by providing it to us from the Cross.
What is He providing there, on the Cross... as our Finished Salvation?

A.) Himself.

You are quick to correct others YOU THINK are in error, but my friend you have mis- interped this quote.

The PLAN OF SALVATION BETWEEN THE FATHER AND THE LAMB WAS BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.

It is his GIFT unto us to receive the means of salvation.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But GOD KNOWS i have heard a lot of them try it, on my Threads and on others.
Forums are filled with these RELIGIOUS FAKIRS. who are "working their way to heaven" heretics.

May your words return unto YOU as your judge !

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What happens if we decide NOT to work out our salvation with fear and trembling?

What happens to a born again person who does not Grow in Grace, and in Revelation Knowledge.

I have to answer it that way...for you.

In that case, they remain a "baby Christian", and will sin and confess, and live trying not to do that, until they die.
Its very likely they will become a cult member.
Its also likely that they will play with carnal behavior, and that will bite them one day with sickness, poverty, death, or similar, as you reap what you sow, eventually.
And God protect anyone who listens to them teach the word of God.
That is like a 6 yr old, trying to teach Higher Mathematics.
=Foolish.

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are too passive !
Mind you, I like you but agreeing with everythings makes me doubt you have any substantial belief in anything.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You are quick to correct others YOU THINK are in error, but my friend you have mis- interped this quote.

The PLAN OF SALVATION BETWEEN THE FATHER AND THE LAMB WAS BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD.

It is his GIFT unto us to receive the means of salvation.

Thats the Plan.
That is 2nd Adam, Pre-incarnate not yet Virgin Born.
That is Christ the Word, not yet manifested in Human Flesh, who had the choice NOT to go to the Cross after He became a man.

However, the Gospel of the Grace of God, is not a Plan. Its a GIFT. "The Gift of Salvation", that is Completed 2000 yrs ago, and confirmed by the Resurrected Jesus THE Christ.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is all behavior.
See your word.>"DOING"..."here is what i am DOING" to try to SAVE MYSELF.

Salvation is not me or you "doing" anything.
Salvation is what CHRIST has already DONE..

Discipleship, .......this is our "doing".
Discipleship is not Salvation.

Salvations plan is complete, it was finished at the cross by God himself, Jesus.

You must believe in OSAS.

This thinking gives me zero faith in what you say or believe. Yeah, I know you dont care.

So therefore you work out or not your status with God and I'll do the same.

You can NOT TEACH ME for you are unlearned of the Spirit bc you are following mans teaching instead of Gods!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ananias and Sapphira

I’ll have to go back and revisit. As of right now (Imo) Ananias and Sapphira blasphemy was in keeping back a part …as in not submitting to the righteousness which is of God, but in going about to establish own. The reason I think this is because Paul spoke of all he had obtained and counted it all loss, to win Christ. To me it was Saul’s image. Not a part kept …to maintain some degree of Saul…but all “be you transformed by the renewing of the mind.” How much conflict in —doubleminded—to keep back a part…for ourselves.

Ananias and Sapphira teaches of: saying we have submitted to His righteousness but go about to maintain our own …therefore keeping back a part for ourselves. Yet, maybe there is something even deeper there between a husband and his wife…spoken to Israel ..who is the wife being asked about that which was sold? Acts 5:16-17 There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one. [17] Then the high priest rose up, and all they that were with him, (which is the sect of the Sadducees,) and were filled with indignation,

What message do you think was being given to the high priest and Sadducees…
About those who have not submitted to the righteousness which is of God? But instead keep back a part for themselves?

Matthew 23:15-30 you compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, you make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

interesting the husband and his wife …kept back part of that which was sold, and lied saying they hadn’t, kept a part for themselves. Proof salvation can be lost? Or proof of not yet submitted?

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
May your words return unto YOU as your judge !

Here are my Words.

In 99% of my Posts and in all my Threads, and that is over 280 Threads i have posted on this forum, i always and only Give Christ all the Credit due Him alone, for SALVATiON.
So, let my words Judge me based on those words, and im good to go.

My purpose on forums is to stop real believers from trying to lose faith in Christ, that is proven to be lost, if they believe they have lost their Salvation.
And the way i do that, is to contradict heretics who try to replace the Cross with their Self Effort Theological Heresy they teach.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What happens to a born again person who does not Grow in Grace, and in Revelation Knowledge.

I have to answer it that way...for you.

In that case, they remain a "baby Christian", and will sin and confess, and live trying not to do that, until they die.
Its very likely they will become a cult member.
Its also likely that they will play with carnal behavior, and that will bite them one day with sickness, poverty, death, or similar, as you reap what you sow, eventually.
And God help anyone who listen to them teach the word of God.
That is like a 6 yr old, trying to teach Higher Mathmatics.
=Foolish.

“And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?” (1 Corinthians 3:1-3)

And they were warned later that:

“…the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.” (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

Reactions: L.A.M.B.