Wormwood

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Under the New Covenant, we now have the Holy Spirit to guide us:...

It seems you've strayed from the discussion, where an angel (OT) instructed Daniel to "shut up and seal the words of the book until the time of the end". Now if you don't want to believe the angel's instructions to Daniel, then you disregard Scripture.

Secondly, Daniel's Book is written for the time of the end, so NOW we CAN OPEN the words of the Book and understand what GOD has for HIS end-time followers. Or perhaps you don't need Prophetic Scripture. Perhaps you're content with the Verses/Chapters you like, and can disregard the Verses/Chapters you don't like.

As for me, -- I choose to follow ALL of GOD'S Word,
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It seems you've strayed from the discussion, where an angel (OT) instructed Daniel to "shut up and seal the words of the book until the time of the end". Now if you don't want to believe the angel's instructions to Daniel, then you disregard Scripture.

Secondly, Daniel's Book is written for the time of the end, so NOW we CAN OPEN the words of the Book and understand what GOD has for HIS end-time followers. Or perhaps you don't need Prophetic Scripture. Perhaps you're content with the Verses/Chapters you like, and can disregard the Verses/Chapters you don't like.

As for me, -- I choose to follow ALL of GOD'S Word,
Bobby Jo

It would seem that the Book of Daniel is becoming unsealed as world events unfold. and as Israel has reached its 70 X 7 Shmitahs as Israel has now reached it's 70th Jubilee.

Reactions: Keraz

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I liked your previous post because it indicated you were willing to think. A star burning like a lamp falling from heaven... Starts throughout scripture were used as metaphors for rulers... As in Joseph's dream regarding his brothers... See also
KJV Revelation 1
20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

And

KJV Revelation 3
Letter to the Church in Sardis
1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

And

KJV Revelation 12
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

All of which refer to angels. Now that does not mean every reference to stars means angels... But they must be a consideration, especially in regards to what I personal believe will be a greatly more experiential manifestation of spiritual powers on earth in the final days.
Your post above however I cannot agree with... It goes too far.
"It goes too far"?? Could it be that your view is too shallow?
Satan and 1/3 of the angels, who fell with him, are angels!!

"Experiential manifestation of spiritual powers on earth in the final days", is not by satan and his horde???

Satan is not a ruler, aka a "strong man", as Jesus metaphorically spoke of him?
Satan is not holding people captive through his deceptions?
Look at those verses again!
Mark 3[27] No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.
1. Who is it, that is stronger than satan?
2. Who are satan's "goods"?
3. How does Jesus spoil his "goods" and his house?

Luke 11[21] When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:
[22] But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Furthermore, satan knows that he has a short time!!
The Lord said this about that short time, and the effects he will unleash onto the earth and sea:
Rev. 12[12] Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them.
Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Is it not true, that in the past 100 years, even "the inhabiters of the sea" (fish and all marine life) are now being affected (killed off) by satan's wrath?

B

brakelite

"It goes too far"?? Could it be that your view is too shallow?
Satan and 1/3 of the angels, who fell with him, are angels!!

"Experiential manifestation of spiritual powers on earth in the final days", is not by satan and his horde???

Satan is not a ruler, aka a "strong man", as Jesus metaphorically spoke of him?
Satan is not holding people captive through his deceptions?
Look at those verses again!
Mark 3[27] No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.
1. Who is it, that is stronger than satan?
2. Who are satan's "goods"?
3. How does Jesus spoil his "goods" and his house?

Luke 11[21] When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:
[22] But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.
Your thoughts on starts etc... No argument. I agree that Satan was cast out with one third of the angels.
What part I was thinking where you had taken things to far was a symbolic 1000 years, and your idea that Satan was bound from Pentecost until the 1800s. Meaning he is responsible for scientific advancement.
Not saying he may not be responsible for some things along those lines, but to state a doctrine concerning his being bound and now loosed solely on the increase of knowledge...too far.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would seem that the Book of Daniel is becoming unsealed as world events unfold. and as Israel has reached its 70 X 7 Shmitahs as Israel has now reached it's 70th Jubilee.

Daniel's book was unsealed in the late 1700's (Chapter 7); 1924 (Chapter 9); and at the advent of WWI (Chapter 11). But YOU assign ANCIENT fulfillments, -- you are in worse error than a preterist.

And there is NO 70 x 7, anymore than you need a coat, gloves, & hat to ride in a "cool" car. Use the proper definitions for the actual words, rather than your poor excuse for a "translation", and your imaginary assertions.

:)
Bobby Jo

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Daniel's book was unsealed in the late 1700's (Chapter 7); 1924 (Chapter 9); and at the advent of WWI (Chapter 11). But YOU assign ANCIENT fulfillments, -- you are in worse error than a preterist.

And there is NO 70 x 7, anymore than you need a coat, gloves, & hat to ride in a "cool" car. Use the proper definitions for the actual words, rather than your poor excuse for a "translation", and your imaginary assertions.

I'm just as stubborn as you, and I'll never change. ;)

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just as stubborn as you, and I'll never change. ;)
Stubborn? -- NO! -- INFORMED.

I've substantiated FACTS, -- which you've not refuted with YOUR FACTS. You already know that Walvoord cited the best scholars for his book "Daniel, The Key To Prophetic Revelation", where he recognized from Young, Keil, & Kliefoth that the seventy "sevens" are NOT the concise Feminine Gender text as found in ALL THE REST OF SCRIPTURE. The INCONCISE Masculine Gender "SEVENS" is ONLY found in this 9th Chapter of Daniel, -- nowhere else.

So you say you're "stubborn", but I'll disagree. -- You're willfully IGNORANT, and have accepted LIES over the TRUTH.

So keep your LIES,
Bobby Jo

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your thoughts on starts etc... No argument. I agree that Satan was cast out with one third of the angels.
What part I was thinking where you had taken things to far was a symbolic 1000 years, and your idea that Satan was bound from Pentecost until the 1800s. Meaning he is responsible for scientific advancement.
Not saying he may not be responsible for some things along those lines, but to state a doctrine concerning his being bound and now loosed solely on the increase of knowledge...too far.
Rev. 12 "....Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
For example, let's just focus on "the inhabitors of the sea".
We are talking about numerous oil spills, tons and tons of human trash/plastic and waste, nuclear tests and detonations, warships and planes conducting war games in the oceans, etc. etc.

How has " technology" affected the fishes and all marine life within the past 100 years?
Nothing of what is happening now with marine life, was ever an issue 200 years ago.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev. 12 "....Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
For example, let's just focus on "the inhabitors of the sea".
We are talking about numerous oil spills, tons and tons of human trash/plastic and waste, nuclear tests and detonations, warships and planes conducting war games in the oceans, etc. etc.

How has " technology" affected the fishes and all marine life within the past 100 years?
Nothing of what is happening now with marine life, was ever an issue 200 years ago.

The B57 was designed to take out enemy nuclear submarines, but they were dismantled in the mid-90's. -- So we shouldn't expect nuclear weapons to destroy the fish & ships of the world's oceans:

Rev. 8:9 And a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

... or any "replacement" nuclear weapons.

Bobby Jo

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now think on this:
Rev. 16[13] And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
[14] For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
>
Satan is wasting no more time, and is getting the whole world ready to fight against God, with the armaments of men. Though man may not ever use Nuclear weapons again on themselves, in the Day of Jesus' Glorious return, satan surely will convince them that they are being invaded!
Rev. 19[19] And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
In the brightness of the physical appearance of Jesus, in flaming fire from Heaven, what weapons shall be fired/launched at such a sight?
The B57 was designed to take out enemy nuclear submarines, but they were dismantled in the mid-90's. -- So we shouldn't expect nuclear weapons to destroy the fish & ships of the world's oceans:

Rev. 8:9 And a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

... or any "replacement" nuclear weapons.

Bobby Jo
Except for your own voice, you are not listening!
In the day of the Lord's visible return, He will be the enemy of satan and all the unsaved!

Reactions: 4Jesus