Worry About Sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Worry about sin

Can a true Christian, having faith, trust, confidence and hope in the work of Jesus on the cross worry about his/her sins of the flesh?

If they do; then do they really have faith, trust, confidence and hope in His work on the cross?

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Worry about sin

Can a true Christian, having faith, trust, confidence and hope in the work of Jesus on the cross worry about his/her sins of the flesh?

If they do; then do they really have faith, trust, confidence and hope in His work on the cross?

Very good question Richard, I think not but thats just my opinion.
I like what John said here.
1John 4:16-19
We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in him. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face him with confidence because we are like Christ here in this world. Such love has no fear because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of judgment, and this shows that his love has not been perfected in us.

unknown2me

Feb 11, 2010
Worry about sin

Why do you not start to cease from your sin...Then you will know the Truth and the answer to your question.

If you ask someone that is not going to repent...They are going to tell you what you want to hear.

Would Jesus tell you to do something you could not do?

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Why do you not start to cease from your sin...Then you will know the Truth and the answer to your question.

If you ask someone that is not going to repent...They are going to tell you what you want to hear.

Would Jesus tell you to do something you could not do?

You write as if you have ceased to sin; have you?

In this age of God's grace All are under sin's condemnation and there is no one that is good. Jesus made a way for SINFUL people to have salvation.

unknown2me

Feb 11, 2010
<br />You write as if you have ceased to sin; have you?<br /><br />In this age of God's grace All are under sin's condemnation and there is no one that is good. Jesus made a way for SINFUL people to have salvation.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

You write as if it is not possible for God to put His Spirit in me to cause me to cease from sin.
As He did to Jesus and many others.

And your excuse...the one you gave me will not save you.

Yes I have by the Power of the Holy Ghost the Grace of God...ceased from sin.

You can not cease from sin...but you can cut down on your sin I challenge you to just start...I said...Just start to cut down on your sins. Write down all your sins...then take 1...the very easiest 1 for you to overcome...and repent from it. I challenge you to even do this.

And Jesus's intepretation of good...is not your interpretation of good.

unknown2me

Feb 11, 2010
Jesus sent me back here to say this to you...

because of your unbelief...

I sin a whole lot less than you do...

which means I can preach to you about repenting from sin.

The Lord is God.
amen

unknown2me

Feb 11, 2010
Richard....

Jesus told me to tell you to stop doing that sin you are doing that is tormenting you...cause you have been taught better than that and you know that what you are doing is wrong.

you will not find any peace or escape from that sin you are doing knowingly it is wrong with the Lord...on the internet from people telling you it is ok...cause everyone does it.

The Lord sees you.

Jimmy Engle

Jun 17, 2009
New York
Worry about sin

Are you asking if a true Christian can worry that the sins of their flesh will result in condemnation after they were truly saved through repentance and faith?
If yes, then the quick answer is no as long as that person met the previously stated conditions (faith, trust, confidence, hope in the work of Christ).
If you were asking if a true Christian can be worried about there sins in general with those particular conditions in mind then yes. One of the marks of the Holy Spirit dwelling in us is that we will be sensitive to sin. It's not a matter of how much faith we have. When we sin we recognize in the new nature that is given to us by the Spirit that there is a problem in the relationship with us and God and we need to confess our sins and repent.

No matter how much faith and confidence you have in the work of Christ...when a child of God sins...it will hurt them just like it hurts our Father. The Spirit will cause us to be restless until we repent.
Being convicted over sin doesn't mean that we don't have faith in Christ. It's a sign that we are truly children of God in the process of being conformed into the image of Christ. As a Christian matures through the years they will hate sin more and more and distance themselves from things that lead to it.

It's those that can go on living in sin and have no problem with it that lack faith, trust, confidence and hope in Christ's work on the cross.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
I, personally, no longer worry about my sinful condition in the flesh. I have been set free in the spirit. As Paul said "it is no longer I that do it but sin that dwells in me."

Romans 7:14-8:3
14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.
16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good.
17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.
19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.
20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good.
22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
25 I thank God — through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.
Free from Indwelling Sin 8: 1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
NKJV

Because I say I am no longer worried about my sins of the flesh the religious will automatically say I must be a person living in sin. Well it is a fact that ALL men, ALIVE, are living in a body with a sinful nature and can't change that fact. It is also a fact that those who want to say they no longer sin in the flesh are lying to God.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Worry about sin

Yes.

At least I do. One day my sins do not bother me , I know they will be forgiven , but on another day it causes me anguish.

I feel I grow better on my days of anguish than on my prideful "sin free" days. Sometimes I wish I could do my whole life over again, but apparently I have to wait until the next life before I get it right. I love second chances. That is my favorite thing about Christianity.
As well as second chances , I also like .... third chances .... fourth chances ....

Somewhere underlying everything is my ever present strong faith that really gets stronger after the fifth chance .... the sixth chance ..... the seventh chance .....

Good to hear from you Richard. I have always enjoyed your posts.

Martin W.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Yes.

At least I do. One day my sins do not bother me , I know they will be forgiven , but on another day it causes me anguish.

I feel I grow better on my days of anguish than on my prideful "sin free" days. Sometimes I wish I could do my whole life over again, but apparently I have to wait until the next life before I get it right. I love second chances. That is my favorite thing about Christianity.
As well as second chances , I also like .... third chances .... fourth chances ....

Somewhere underlying everything is my ever present strong faith that really gets stronger after the fifth chance .... the sixth chance ..... the seventh chance .....

Good to hear from you Richard. I have always enjoyed your posts.

Martin W.

Thank you Martin.

You have to remember that Paul said we can't make ourselves perfect by the actions of the sinful flesh.

Galatians 3:1-7
3 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified?
2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?

4 Have you suffered so many things in vain — if indeed it was in vain?
5 Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? —

6 just as Abraham "believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."
7 Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham.
NKJV

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
Worry about sin

Worry and anxiety about the sins of the flesh go hand in hand with the new creation. With the power of grace operating in us, and having access to the Most High God and His intentions, there is the constant conflict of spirit warring against the flesh. It is normal for the spiritual man to judge all things, especially what proceeds out of his heart. It is difficult to reconcile how to be sons of God and still function in bodies of death that seek to usurp His control. If the understanding that it is God Who is forming us into His Son's image is lost sight of, then the scales become out of balance and our thinking will necessarily gravitate toward our physical condition, which is one of condemnation unto death. Though our spirit man is justified and free from the law of sin and death, our minds do not readily apprehend the truth of it.

Each person must experience the grace of God for his or her own life. Some spend excessive portions of their time mulling over their shortcomings in light of the Perfect One, others fend off His intentions with religious activities that only lead to self-righteousness and delusion. Except it be given out of heaven, a man can receive nothing. So it is with peace and contentment with God. It is through the power of grace operating in us that we become aware of our position before Him, and until that is accomplished in us, by His Spirit, we will only do what is natural because of our close association with the flesh.

Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, is the admonition to us from Paul. It is a process that is unique to the individual as God gains control over those areas in our personality that He will be displaying in glory before the universe at our transformation. We will be His achievement on that day, not we ourselves, and all that hindered and prevented will be removed with only that which He constructed in our lives- through faith, in grace-as the proof of His merciful goodness.

We cannot be what we are not. If there are some that God has chosen to walk in greater light and faith, then that is the measure they have been given. It is God Who does the measuring, and not us. Speaking the truth in love to those who are ensnared and reminding one another of the Love that is abundantly bestowed upon us, is all that can be done to aid God's processes in one another's lives. Expecting or demanding someone to walk according to the light we have received is futile and false. It is based upon the misunderstanding that we can do anything without His aid and Spirit. He is the one who operates all things according to the counsel of His own will. It is not of him that wills or runs, but of God Who shows His mercy.

fivesense

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm new (to Christianity) and I don't get you Christians - I have been surprised from the very first time talking with you all in my life.
Jesus said, Do not worry, but you all worry and use that word like it's normal.
Jesus said Give me your burdens and yet I have not met anyone yet that does -except me.
Jesus said so many things that you Christians just do not do.
Paul said focus on the things above and not on the earth - and yet - I know no Christian that does.
You are a funny group - Christians everywhere.
Paul said Be anxious for nothing - yet not a one of you has ever, in my life - demonstrated that.
Now, I do ....not worry, am anxious for nothing- and people think I'm nuts, a pollyanna, unrealistic, a dreamer, living in a fantasy world.
Let me tell you -my world is stress free and all is given me like mother's milk from Heaven.

Maybe coming to Christ later in life after years of austerities and discipline made me listen clearer - when He says to me, a student - jump, I jump-when He says forgive and love, I forgive and love - when He says do not worry about your food or shelter I don't.

It only works in this life if you follow the Leader. If you don't follow the Leader you veer off thinking nutty thoughts -like worrying about sin or anything at all.
Focus on His direction. That is key.

Lesson over, sorry, it just gets so old being around brothers and sisters that are not following the simplest of things and then struggling.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
I'm new (to Christianity) and I don't get you Christians - I have been surprised from the very first time talking with you all in my life.
Jesus said, Do not worry, but you all worry and use that word like it's normal.
Jesus said Give me your burdens and yet I have not met anyone yet that does -except me.
Jesus said so many things that you Christians just do not do.
Paul said focus on the things above and not on the earth - and yet - I know no Christian that does.
You are a funny group - Christians everywhere.
Paul said Be anxious for nothing - yet not a one of you has ever, in my life - demonstrated that.
Now, I do ....not worry, am anxious for nothing- and people think I'm nuts, a pollyanna, unrealistic, a dreamer, living in a fantasy world.
Let me tell you -my world is stress free and all is given me like mother's milk from Heaven.

Maybe coming to Christ later in life after years of austerities and discipline made me listen clearer - when He says to me, a student - jump, I jump-when He says forgive and love, I forgive and love - when He says do not worry about your food or shelter I don't.

It only works in this life if you follow the Leader. If you don't follow the Leader you veer off thinking nutty thoughts -like worrying about sin or anything at all.
Focus on His direction. That is key.

Lesson over, sorry, it just gets so old being around brothers and sisters that are not following the simplest of things and then struggling.

Thanks for this post. What you are refering to is a type of Christianity that is religious based. Religion meaning man doing for God. True Christianity is all about what God has done for us.

I am going to make the following a new thread but I thought you might like it.

All are under sin:

It was asked by someone “would God ask us to do what we couldn’t do?“

The answer is yes, He asked the Jews to keep the Law of Moses. However, when they, the Jews, killed their Messiah (Jesus) He concluded that no man could keep the Law of Moses and He had another plan to save sinful men, a plan to shed the blood of His righteous Son on the cross to pay for the sins of mankind.

Romans 3:9-10
9 What then? Are we better than they? Not at all. For we have previously charged both Jews and Greeks that they are all under sin.
10 As it is written: "There is none righteous, no, not one;
NKJV

Galatians 3:21-26
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law.
22 But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
23 But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed.
24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
NKJV

In this age of God’s grace salvation in not obtained by “not sinning in the flesh.” It is only obtained by a person placing their belief in the work of God on the cross. That means to deny that the person can do anything righteous to save him/her self and to simply place all their faith, trust, confidence and hope in what Jesus did on the cross. To claim His work on our behalf is our salvation. Jesus (God) gets all the glory and praise.

In this age of God’s grace all God asks a person to do is trust in His plan of salvation by placing their faith in His Son’s work on the cross. It is the only way that a person can be saved and yet many do not believe it is that simple.

2 Corinthians 11:3
3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
NKJV

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
If people feared sin, they would not commit sin.........................................

If people respected and/or understood the law of reaping and sowing they would not commit sin.

Knowing something is wrong, does not always give the revelation of just how wrong.

How many would drink bleach, or put their face on a burner that is turned on at the stove?????

None that are sane, for they know the results of doing something like that. They avoid it.

How many by accident would drink some bleach, or burn themselves by accident? We have a high priest that always makes intercessions for us.

If we have the revelation of what Adultery, lying, stealing can cause in our life. It would appear to us as drinking bleach, and putting our face on the stove.

Jesus Is Lord.

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
Worry about sin ... do they really have faith, trust, confidence and hope in His work on the cross?
Many do not realise that Jesus death at Calvary was to enable his LIFE to be given (Pentecost onwards - see Acts 2:4, 33, 39).

Until you get that new Life you are still "in the flesh", "in sin".

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written,
Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: ... that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through
faith. (Gal.3:13-14)

That's why Jesys says:
"ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me"

You need to make sure ytou have received what all Jesus disciples received. Many "churches" aren't preaching this!
They preach "another Jesus" (1 Cor. 11:3-4).

Only a strong single-minded church like the one Jesus set up can satisfy man, and God.

Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. (Gal.5:16)