Worse situation. Prayers please

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Plavious

Nov 29, 2022
Yde
Faith
Christian
Country
Cameroon
The itches started as in the first picture and in two days, that is how he looks like.

Attachments

• 20230130_234304.jpg
    20230130_234304.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230130_234216.jpg
    20230130_234216.jpg
    723.7 KB · Views: 17

Plavious

Nov 29, 2022
Yde
Faith
Christian
Country
Cameroon
Honestly, i feel like abandoning him here and to run away

• Sad
Reactions: Adam

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm looking through lists of skin diseases to try to figure out what this is. Possibly crusted scabies? If it is crusted scabies it is treatable but requires medicinal treatment for a few weeks.

I'll pray for a swift recovery

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Honestly, i feel like abandoning him here and to run away
His eyes in the picture look so, so sad, like he thinks in his heart you will leave him.
He is a very handsome son, Plavius.
Has his skin got any better yet?

Reactions: Nancy

Plavious

Nov 29, 2022
Yde
Faith
Christian
Country
Cameroon
His eyes in the picture look so, so sad, like he thinks in his heart you will leave him.
I don't know what sickness it it. It has affected his lift eye and he cries at interval. His malaria level is also too hight 720/mm3. The hospital sack us this evening and now left to ourselves. It seem like the hospital just called us, collected he little i had and let us go. It was a wrong decision to go to the hospital but God know why.

Attachments

• 20230201_094600.jpg
    20230201_094600.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 3
  • Sad
Reactions: Adam

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said they thought it was maybe atopic dermatitis?

What Is Atopic Dermatitis?​

Atopic dermatitis is the most common type of eczema, a skin condition that makes you itch and leaves red blotches, usually on your face, arms, and legs. While it happens most often in children, it also affects an estimated 18 million adults. The rashes tend to flare and go away, but then come back again.

Atopic Dermatitis Symptoms​

Most people will have their first signs of eczema before they’re 5 years old. Infants may have red, crusted, scaly areas on their cheeks, scalp, or the front of their arms and legs.

Children and adults usually have very itchy, red rashes on the back of the neck and knees and in elbow creases. You may also have small bumps and flaky skin. The rash may also develop on the face, wrists, and forearms.

If you scratch, your skin can get thick, dark, and scarred. Itchiness is usually worse at night when you go to bed.

Scratching can also lead to infection. You'll notice red bumps that hurt and can be filled with pus. Be sure to see your doctor if this happens.

Other symptoms of atopic dermatitis include:

• Scaly, dry skin
  • Rash that bubbles up, then weeps clear fluid
    • Cracked skin that hurts and sometimes bleeds
    • Skin creasing on the palms of the hand or under the eye
    • Darkening of skin around the eyes
    • View a slideshow to see what eczema looks like.

Atopic Dermatitis Causes​

Doctors aren't sure what causes eczema. It seems to run in families, so if one of your parents or siblings has it, there may be a stronger chance that you or your child will have it, too.

Kids with it sometimes have someone in the family who has allergies, hay fever, or asthma. Some experts think that makes them more likely to get eczema. About half of kids who get it will also get hay fever or asthma.

Living somewhere that’s often cold or has a lot of pollution may increase your chances of getting it, as well.

Food allergies don’t cause atopic dermatitis. But having atopic dermatitis may raise your risk for food allergies, such as to peanuts for example.

Atopic dermatitis isn't contagious. You can't catch it or give it to someone else. Learn more about the causes of atopic dermatitis.
  • Atopic Dermatitis Triggers​

Your skin might be fine for a long time. But then something happens to cause a rash or itchiness. Some things that trigger atopic dermatitis or make it worse include:
    • Strong soaps and detergents
    • Some fabrics, like wool or scratchy materials
    • Perfumes, skin care products, and makeup
    • Pollen and mold
    • Animal dander
    • Tobacco smoke
    • Stress and anger
    • Dry winter air/low humidity
    • Long or hot showers/baths
    • Dry skin
    • Sweating
    • Skin infections or especially dry skin
    • Certain hormones

• Dust or sand
    • Certain foods (usually eggs, dairy products, wheat, soy, and nuts)
    • View a slideshow to see top eczema triggers to avoid.

Atopic Dermatitis Diagnosis​

If your doctor thinks you may have atopic dermatitis, they’ll start by asking you about your medical history and do a physical exam. They may also suggest a skin patch allergy test.

This kind of test can help you and your doctor figure out if your rashes are caused by an allergy to something you touch. You wear skin patches that have small amounts of things you might be allergic to in them for a couple of days. About 2 days after you take the patches off, your doctor will see if you have a rash around any of them. Learn more about how atopic dermatitis is diagnosed.

Atopic Dermatitis Treatments and Home Remedies​

You can't cure eczema, but your doctor may suggest some medication for your symptoms. These might include steroid creams or ointments for mild flares or steroid pills for more severe cases.

Other treatments may include:
    • Antihistamines to control itching, especially at night
    • Antibiotics if you have a bacterial infection
    • Drugs to suppress your immune system such as crisaborole (Eucrisa), a non-steroidal ointment that is used topically twice a day, and dupilumab (Dupixent), which is given as an injection every 2 weeks.
    • Injectable biologics: These newer medications are made from a kind of protein that helps your immune system fight off germs. They’re designed to slow down your immune system and ease the inflammation that leads to atopic dermatitis.
    • Light therapy
    • Wet dressings
    • Other skin creams
    • You can do a few things at home to ease your flares:
      • Take warm oatmeal baths. Antioxidants in ground oatmeal may help ease inflammation and itching. Take a 10-minute bath, then moisturize your skin right away.
      • Use a humidifier. Adding moisture to the air can help keep your skin from drying out and being itchy.
      • Don’t scratch your skin. Try putting pressure on itchy areas instead of scratching them, and keep your nails trimmed. With children, you may want to have them wear gloves at night to keep them from scratching while they sleep.
      • Wear loose clothing that won’t bother your skin. Loose-fitting clothes won’t rub against your skin, and they can help keep you from sweating.
        To treat it in babies (infantile eczema), use bath oils and creams after a bath to keep their skin moist and ease irritation. It’s also best to keep them out of extreme hot or cold temperatures. If the rash doesn’t go away, your pediatrician might recommend a medication with an antihistamine to help with the itching. Find out more on home remedies for atopic dermatitis.

Reactions: Debp

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Home Remedies for Eczema​

Home remedies for eczema can be simple or complex. The easiest, most effective treatment is to make changes to avoid or remove whatever is causing the allergic reaction. But try not to expect a quick response. Eczema is easier to control than cure.

Here are some things you can try on your own to ease the irritation of eczema.

Change your laundry detergent or fabric softener. Liquid detergents may be less irritating than powders or tablets. Use an extra rinse cycle when you wash to remove residue.

Put on a cool compress. Holding a clean, damp cloth against skin can ease itching.

Take lukewarm (not hot) showers or baths for no more than 10 or 15 minutes to prevent dry skin. Dry yourself very carefully (pat dry, instead of rubbing hard) and apply moisturizing lotion all over your body.

Add colloidal oatmeal to the bath or as a paste on your skin. This finely ground oatmeal helps with itchy, dry skin. Or try a baking soda bath or paste.

Reactions: Debp

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This article has 8 pictures of what it looks like

This one has some pictures too.

Here is another pictures on black skin.

Reactions: MatthewG

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you should try some of those home remedies now that you know what the doctors thought it might be.
I have prayed for two days and I will not stop praying.
Stay calm, trust, and try some of those things.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Plavious is a hero, he saved Samuel off the streets and took him to the hospital to cure his malaria. He used up the money that he was going to use to start his business to instead save this boy.

Plavious

Nov 29, 2022
Yde
Faith
Christian
Country
Cameroon

Home Remedies for Eczema​

Home remedies for eczema can be simple or complex. The easiest, most effective treatment is to make changes to avoid or remove whatever is causing the allergic reaction. But try not to expect a quick response. Eczema is easier to control than cure.

Here are some things you can try on your own to ease the irritation of eczema.

Change your laundry detergent or fabric softener. Liquid detergents may be less irritating than powders or tablets. Use an extra rinse cycle when you wash to remove residue.

Put on a cool compress. Holding a clean, damp cloth against skin can ease itching.

Take lukewarm (not hot) showers or baths for no more than 10 or 15 minutes to prevent dry skin. Dry yourself very carefully (pat dry, instead of rubbing hard) and apply moisturizing lotion all over your body.

Add colloidal oatmeal to the bath or as a paste on your skin. This finely ground oatmeal helps with itchy, dry skin. Or try a baking soda bath or paste.
We have gone back to where we came from. The only hope i had was to start up something with what was donated to me by a good Samaritan but. Here we have no protocol. It is a world of survival of the fittest. You bath when you see water, you eat when you see food. We don't use body lotion nor ointment.
This child came to the street and found interest in me. I started guaranteeing sleeping space and food for him till i took him to the hospital for a minor sickness that became what we am facing today.
Honestly speaking, if i had known, i wouldn't have taken him to hospital. It has changed nothing but hospital has taken all the money. The money would have started a small business for me and with the hope of a decent accomodation and why not a decent life

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cameroon exports palm oil. Can’t that be used for softening his skin?

We discussed through private messages, since you were uncomfortable speaking about it in the open forum, how there were no options for you to do anything with the $800 someone gave you to improve your situation business wise since they are not allowing English speaking men to work anywhere and you had searched for days what you might do with it but there were no options for you. We even discussed selling something online but you don’t have eBay in Cameroon. That was when we determined that you should take him to the doctor with some of the money and use the rest of it to try to survive from day to day until such time as God directed you as to what to do.
Why did you tell them you had $800 So they could take it all? And are there no clinics anywhere and only a hospital?

You are 34 years old. I have become frustrated by your inability to think through your problems at your age. I am sorry if that sounds mean but You survived great upheaval and war and having to run from your home and yet you can’t make any decisions day to day!

I net only a few hundred dollars per month most months and it is a very meager existence with no extras and a lot of praying for what I need from day to day. I can’t even afford internet but use someone else’s internet. This month I subsisted on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and soup and some coffee but I got by. God still finds a way somehow to get me through if I just focus on the most pressing need at the moment. You know all the verses you need to begin practicing trust rather than worry and now you need to start doing it.

Last edited:
  • Sad

Plavious

Nov 29, 2022
Yde
Faith
Christian
Country
Cameroon
Cameroon exports palm oil. Can’t that be used for softening his skin?

We discussed through private messages, since you were uncomfortable speaking about it in the open forum, how there were no options for you to do anything with the $800 someone gave you to improve your situation business wise since they are not allowing English speaking men to work anywhere and you had searched for days what you might do with it but there were no options for you. That was when we determined that you should take him to the doctor with some of the money and use the rest of it to try to survive from day to day until such time as God directed you as to what to do.
Why did you tell them you had $800 So they could take it all? And are there no clinics anywhere and only a hospital?
I didn't tell them. The bill were more than the amount. I only paid the essentials. We were not in the hospital but a clinic. Just that when i so the degree of what he was suffering, i couple not withhold the money

Plavious

Nov 29, 2022
Yde
Faith
Christian
Country
Cameroon
I didn't tell them. The bill were more than the amount. I only paid the essentials. We were not in the hospital but a clinic. Just that when i so the degree of what he was suffering, i couple not withhold the money

Attachments

• 20230201_095107.jpg
    20230201_095107.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230201_094600.jpg
    20230201_094600.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 4

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can’t help you any more than I have. I have no money with which to help you.
We have a woman here who cannot even afford heating oil for the winter and many of us live hand to mouth every day of our lives but God gets us through. We are not suffering through the civil war you are at this time but I think we are getting closer to that. many of us here are very physically poor yet somehow He makes a way if we continue to trust. I don’t know what else I can tell you to try to help you other than I did in our private discussion. You just need to trust Him and keep asking Him for what you need. It is the entire life with God to just learn the obedience of trust. That’s our only real part - to just trust Him for our temporal needs as well as the needs of our whole soul.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Plavious is a hero, he saved Samuel off the streets and took him to the hospital to cure his malaria. He used up the money that he was going to use to start his business to instead save this boy.
How do you know his name is Samuel? I did not see that posted anywhere…and in our pm’s he always calls him the little man.