1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Would you trust an American vaccine if it came out before the election?

Discussion in 'Current Events & Politics Forum' started by Giuliano, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I would say that no vaccine is COMPLETELY harmless. There are risks involved, and people need to know what all of those risks are.

Nancy and TLHKAJ like this.
  2. TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    In other words, there has to be a few guinea pigs first. lol

I don't trust a vaccine, myself...

Giuliano and Nancy like this.
  3. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I am with you here Helen, there are too many questionable things about this particular vaccine. I do not trust any government...at. all. Trusting The Lord makes all the sense in the world! You and I feel the exact same about the flu shot. People are so indoctrinated into thinking it is doing them good and I must say, most everyone I know who ends up with the flu, got the shot. I've not had one since the early-mid 1990's...and guess who has not had the flu in all that time! So, why "fix" something that is not broken. I choose not to get the vaccine and what will be will be.
    xx

Giuliano and TLHKAJ like this.
  4. Prayer Warrior

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    After my oldest child became ill from the old DTP vaccine, I began to research vaccines. Like I said above, there are ALWAYS risks.

BTW, I don’t think I’ve welcomed you to the forum. Welcome! :)

Nancy and TLHKAJ like this.
  5. JohnDB

JohnDB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    One of the main problems with the vaccines is the total lack of transparency with the human trials.

Only people with something to hide are not transparent...and the various drug companies are not being transparent with the vaccine trials.

WHY? Is the question...
    And then Astra Seneca's knee jerk reaction to someone getting sick while taking the vaccine is also telling...they expect there to be problems.

Giuliano and TLHKAJ like this.
  6. TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Thank you for the welcome. :)
    We never vaccinated until we were required to for our 3 youngest to enter public school. My 2 youngest git chicken pox from their vaccine!! My other son began to show more pronounced Asperger's symptoms.

Prior to that, we had a puppy that died if Parvo not 2 weeks after her Parvo shots. That was the one and only time we got shots for our pets.

Giuliano and Prayer Warrior like this.
  7. Prayer Warrior

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I'm so sorry to hear this about your son! I pray that he will know the healing touch of Jesus.

My children are young adults now, but I got the preschool vaccines and then quit after hearing a pediatrician on C-SPAN explaining to other pediatricians that they really didn't know how the vaccine cocktails would affect children. I ended up home schooling my kids, so it wasn't an issue. NOW, they've added even more vaccines to the cocktails. I would hate to have young children in this day and age and have to decide about vaccines.

TLHKAJ likes this.
  8. TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Thank you. Yes, we homeschooled as well and therefore, no vaccines. But when we (my children and I) had to move to another state, my children who were still school age had to attend public school. There were no exemptions allowed in that state.

Giuliano and Prayer Warrior like this.
  9. Prayer Warrior

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Yes, these laws can vary quite a bit depending on what state you live in, as do the homeschool laws. What curriculum did you use with your kids?

TLHKAJ likes this.
  10. TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    We preferred ACE (Accelerated Christian Education). :)

Prayer Warrior likes this.
  11. Prayer Warrior

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    That one has been around for a long time, but I've never used it. How did your kids do with it?

We mainly used A Beka, Bob Jones, and Switched-On Schoolhouse. We also used Teaching Textbooks for later math and Apologia for some science.

TLHKAJ likes this.
  12. JohnDB

JohnDB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I'm the last Generation that got the smallpox scar...
    My younger brother didn't get one.

I'm no where near an Anti-vac person...
    Vaccines do a ton of good for billions of people every year. I've heard reports that there's a relationship between vaccines and autism but that it's not necessarily a causation... possibly only a catalyst...so much is unknown when it comes to the body's immune system and immune response. (And nervous system of the brain)

So...
    We shall see what happens.

The new small molecule type antivirals are also going to be risky in that they are able to pass through the blood brain barrier.

Time is needed to test everything carefully.

Josho and Giuliano like this.
  13. TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    They did excellent with ACE. We tried others but always went back to ACE. It is hands down the most streamlined and easy to follow system. My kids always asked for it. :)

Prayer Warrior likes this.
  14. Prayer Warrior

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    That's great that they did well with it! Sometimes, it's hard to find the right fit for each child.

Sorry to the OP for being off topic! Homeschool mom stuff. :)

15. Ron Coates

Ron Coates Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    I wouldn't trust it but not because of Trump. Bill Gates is a prime example of why. After I learned of him vaccinating 7,000,000 African women with the unknown, hidden bonus of sterilization, I realized he is lower than I thought he was. I have seen several videos where Gates talks about how he is going to reduce the earth's population through vaccinations. I thought black lives mattered.
    The treatment for the Chinese flu is hydroxychloroquine. I used to take it for Lupus and found it to be the safest medication I was on. I taught myself about it. There is a small chance that after you've been on it for a few years it could affect one's eyesight. So an eye test once a year is called for. I know what dangerous drugs are and hydroxychloroquine is not one of them.
    But my doctor hates Trump and won't give it to me anymore. Even though he suspected I had the Chinese virus. He was the one who introduced me to it years ago when it was safe (sarcasm should be evident).
    Less than 10,000 Americans have died from the virus. In a bad flu year, 10 times this amount is usual. Tests are positive from this Coronavirus but also from other Coronaviruses that cause the common cold.
    Satan is a masterful deceiver so I guess it's to be expected. After all, he deceives the whole world, right?
    As far as Trump goes, check out Kim Clement and his prophecy about Trump in 2007.
    "We played the pipe for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge and you did not mourn." Mathew 11:17 NIV

Nancy likes this.
  16. FollowHim

FollowHim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    The problem with vaccines is they are designed to cause an immune response which is meant to make the immune system more sensitive to the real illness itself, so will fight it off before it gets established in a patient.

There are two problems here. It has not been established that immunity will be maintained for a meaningful length of time, so the apparent immunity might lead to more rash behaviour which in turn leads to more exposure than before.
    The second problem with an illness which causes damage not because of the illness itself but rather the immune systems over reaction, the effect of making the immune system more sensitive could back fire.

The world has 6 months experience of this disease and how we respond to it. This is not very long, and if your life is on the line, staying safe and wanting more time seems a reasonable response. I know our opinions will change depending on the 2nd wave and how it plays out. It is easy to talk at a distance, the risks are low, take the vaccine, but when it is your spouse or child or parent on the line, you want a little more certainty.

God bless you

Giuliano likes this.
  17. kcnalp

kcnalp Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I used to get colds or flu when it was around. I started taking zinc several years ago. I can't remember the last time I've had either.

18. kcnalp

kcnalp Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    My thoughts too!

19. kcnalp

kcnalp Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Two years ago 80,000 Americans died from the flu. We've had flu vaccines for 80 years.

20. Devin Wintch

Devin Wintch Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    They'll probably try the vaccine out on nursing home patients. My sister is in one and probably will have to get the vaccine to be able to leave the home for family activities. They've got them on a "no one enters and no one leaves" protocol.

Giuliano likes this.