Would you trust an American vaccine if it came out before the election?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would you trust an American vaccine enough to get it if it came out before the election?

• Yes

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 78.9%

• Total voters

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not an anti-vaxxer, but I would like the vaccine to be proved harmless first.

In rushing vaccines, there is quite a bit of risk.
I would say that no vaccine is COMPLETELY harmless. There are risks involved, and people need to know what all of those risks are.

Reactions: Nancy and TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not an anti-vaxxer, but I would like the vaccine to be proved harmless first.

In rushing vaccines, there is quite a bit of risk.
In other words, there has to be a few guinea pigs first. lol

I don't trust a vaccine, myself...

Reactions: Giuliano and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wouldn't trust ANY vaccine no matter where or when it came out!! LOL

I tried 'trusting ' the regular flu shot years ago...every time the News announced -" This flu season unfortunately this years flu vaccine is not effective and was not one chosen for this seasons vaccine ."
I gave and never got another one...

No vaccine found for SARS after all this time...
No vaccine for for a list of things ..yet..why would any of us believe that this one will work...?

Just a load more junk pumped into our bodies and heaven knows what is incorporated along with it!!

I am with you here Helen, there are too many questionable things about this particular vaccine. I do not trust any government...at. all. Trusting The Lord makes all the sense in the world! You and I feel the exact same about the flu shot. People are so indoctrinated into thinking it is doing them good and I must say, most everyone I know who ends up with the flu, got the shot. I've not had one since the early-mid 1990's...and guess who has not had the flu in all that time! So, why "fix" something that is not broken. I choose not to get the vaccine and what will be will be.
xx

Reactions: Giuliano and TLHKAJ

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In other words, there has to be a few guinea pigs first. lol

I don't trust a vaccine, myself...
After my oldest child became ill from the old DTP vaccine, I began to research vaccines. Like I said above, there are ALWAYS risks.

BTW, I don’t think I’ve welcomed you to the forum. Welcome! :)

Reactions: Nancy and TLHKAJ

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the main problems with the vaccines is the total lack of transparency with the human trials.

Only people with something to hide are not transparent...and the various drug companies are not being transparent with the vaccine trials.

WHY? Is the question...
And then Astra Seneca's knee jerk reaction to someone getting sick while taking the vaccine is also telling...they expect there to be problems.

Reactions: Giuliano and TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After my oldest child became ill from the old DTP vaccine, I began to research vaccines. Like I said above, their are ALWAYS risks.

BTW, I don’t think I’ve welcomed you to the forum. Welcome! :)
Thank you for the welcome. :)
We never vaccinated until we were required to for our 3 youngest to enter public school. My 2 youngest git chicken pox from their vaccine!! My other son began to show more pronounced Asperger's symptoms.

Prior to that, we had a puppy that died if Parvo not 2 weeks after her Parvo shots. That was the one and only time we got shots for our pets.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the welcome. :)
We never vaccinated until we were required to for our 3 youngest to enter public school. My 2 youngest git chicken pox from their vaccine!! My other son began to show more pronounced Asperger's symptoms.

Prior to that, we had a puppy that died if Parvo not 2 weeks after her Parvo shots. That was the one and only time we got shots for our pets.
I'm so sorry to hear this about your son! I pray that he will know the healing touch of Jesus.

My children are young adults now, but I got the preschool vaccines and then quit after hearing a pediatrician on C-SPAN explaining to other pediatricians that they really didn't know how the vaccine cocktails would affect children. I ended up home schooling my kids, so it wasn't an issue. NOW, they've added even more vaccines to the cocktails. I would hate to have young children in this day and age and have to decide about vaccines.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm so sorry to hear this about your son! I pray that he will know the healing touch of Jesus.

My children are young adults now, but I got the preschool vaccines and then quit after hearing a pediatrician on C-SPAN explaining to other pediatricians that they really didn't know how the vaccine cocktails would affect children. I ended up home schooling my kids, so it wasn't an issue. NOW, they've added even more vaccines to the cocktails. I would hate to have young children in this day and age and have to decide about vaccines.
Thank you. Yes, we homeschooled as well and therefore, no vaccines. But when we (my children and I) had to move to another state, my children who were still school age had to attend public school. There were no exemptions allowed in that state.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. Yes, we homeschooled as well and therefore, no vaccines. But when we (my children and I) had to move to another state, my children who were still school age had to attend public school. There were no exemptions allowed in that state.
Yes, these laws can vary quite a bit depending on what state you live in, as do the homeschool laws. What curriculum did you use with your kids?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We preferred ACE (Accelerated Christian Education). :)
That one has been around for a long time, but I've never used it. How did your kids do with it?

We mainly used A Beka, Bob Jones, and Switched-On Schoolhouse. We also used Teaching Textbooks for later math and Apologia for some science.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm the last Generation that got the smallpox scar...
My younger brother didn't get one.

I'm no where near an Anti-vac person...
Vaccines do a ton of good for billions of people every year. I've heard reports that there's a relationship between vaccines and autism but that it's not necessarily a causation... possibly only a catalyst...so much is unknown when it comes to the body's immune system and immune response. (And nervous system of the brain)

So...
We shall see what happens.

The new small molecule type antivirals are also going to be risky in that they are able to pass through the blood brain barrier.

Time is needed to test everything carefully.

Reactions: Josho and Giuliano

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That one has been around for a long time, but I've never used it. How did your kids do with it?

We mainly used A Beka, Bob Jones, and Switched-On Schoolhouse. We also used Teaching Textbooks for later math and Apologia for some science.
They did excellent with ACE. We tried others but always went back to ACE. It is hands down the most streamlined and easy to follow system. My kids always asked for it. :)

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They did excellent with ACE. We tried others but always went back to ACE. It is hands down the most streamlined and easy to follow system. My kids always asked for it. :)
That's great that they did well with it! Sometimes, it's hard to find the right fit for each child.

Sorry to the OP for being off topic! Homeschool mom stuff. :)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wouldn't trust it but not because of Trump. Bill Gates is a prime example of why. After I learned of him vaccinating 7,000,000 African women with the unknown, hidden bonus of sterilization, I realized he is lower than I thought he was. I have seen several videos where Gates talks about how he is going to reduce the earth's population through vaccinations. I thought black lives mattered.
The treatment for the Chinese flu is hydroxychloroquine. I used to take it for Lupus and found it to be the safest medication I was on. I taught myself about it. There is a small chance that after you've been on it for a few years it could affect one's eyesight. So an eye test once a year is called for. I know what dangerous drugs are and hydroxychloroquine is not one of them.
But my doctor hates Trump and won't give it to me anymore. Even though he suspected I had the Chinese virus. He was the one who introduced me to it years ago when it was safe (sarcasm should be evident).
Less than 10,000 Americans have died from the virus. In a bad flu year, 10 times this amount is usual. Tests are positive from this Coronavirus but also from other Coronaviruses that cause the common cold.
Satan is a masterful deceiver so I guess it's to be expected. After all, he deceives the whole world, right?
As far as Trump goes, check out Kim Clement and his prophecy about Trump in 2007.
"We played the pipe for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge and you did not mourn." Mathew 11:17 NIV

Reactions: Nancy

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Most Americans say they wouldn't trust an American vaccine if it came out this year before the election. They are worried that Trump may be putting on pressure to get one out to help his election bid that it might not be safe.

Poll: Most Americans wouldn't take a COVID-19 vaccine before the election

A majority of Americans are concerned that a COVID-19 vaccine will be rushed to the market before it's ready because of political pressure from the Trump administration, according to a new poll from the Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF).

Even if a vaccine is available before Election Day, 54 percent of respondents said they wouldn't take it.

The survey, released Thursday, found 62 percent of respondents said they were concerned about a vaccine being authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) before it is proven to be safe and effective. That number included 85 percent of Democrats, 61 percent of independents and 35 percent of Republicans.

If a vaccine were approved before Nov. 3 and made freely available to anyone who wanted it, about half of all respondents said they would not want to get vaccinated.

According to the poll, 56 percent of independents and 60 percent of Republicans said they would not get the vaccine, while 50 percent of Democrats said they would.

I think someone was lying to the pollsters. More Democrats than Republicans say they'd be worried; but they'd also be more willing to get vaccinated than Republicans. Does it make sense? The numbers would mean 15% of Democrats wouldn't worry about the safety but 50% would still get vaccinated. That suggests 35% of the worried Democrats figured it might not be safe, but then again it might be, so weighing the risks, they went with deciding to be vaccinated even if they didn't trust Trump.

On the other hand, 65% of the Republicans say they wouldn't worry about it, but only 40% would get vaccinated? I think 25% of them were lying -- they say they're not worried but still wouldn't get vaccinated? Or are they being reckless, not worrying about the safety of the vaccine or of getting Covid-19?

Or were 35% of the Democrats lying, pretending to be afraid of it trying to make Trump look bad while they got vaccinated anyway?

It could be that the independents were the most honest. Those numbers make more sense since 61% expressed concern and 56% said they wouldn't get vaccinated.

The problem with vaccines is they are designed to cause an immune response which is meant to make the immune system more sensitive to the real illness itself, so will fight it off before it gets established in a patient.

There are two problems here. It has not been established that immunity will be maintained for a meaningful length of time, so the apparent immunity might lead to more rash behaviour which in turn leads to more exposure than before.
The second problem with an illness which causes damage not because of the illness itself but rather the immune systems over reaction, the effect of making the immune system more sensitive could back fire.

The world has 6 months experience of this disease and how we respond to it. This is not very long, and if your life is on the line, staying safe and wanting more time seems a reasonable response. I know our opinions will change depending on the 2nd wave and how it plays out. It is easy to talk at a distance, the risks are low, take the vaccine, but when it is your spouse or child or parent on the line, you want a little more certainty.

God bless you

Reactions: Giuliano

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wouldn't trust ANY vaccine no matter where or when it came out!! LOL

I tried 'trusting ' the regular flu shot years ago...every time the News announced -" This flu season unfortunately this years flu vaccine is not effective and was not one chosen for this seasons vaccine ."
I gave and never got another one...

No vaccine found for SARS after all this time...
No vaccine for for a list of things ..yet..why would any of us believe that this one will work...?

Just a load more junk pumped into our bodies and heaven knows what is incorporated along with it!!
I used to get colds or flu when it was around. I started taking zinc several years ago. I can't remember the last time I've had either.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before, after, makes no difference to me. I wouldn't trust it. Not after the government has access to Nephalim DNA and conceal this. A marine friend heard from someone in SF while serving in Afghanistan that they encountered a Giant in a cave, killed it and then it was flown away to who knows where. Then 10 years later there is a video of this on YouTube.

Who's to say they wouldn't sneak in more than just the necessary DNA. This new vaccine isn't just dead viruses, like ones in the past. Perhaps they will not mess with it this time but the next pandemic.
My thoughts too!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two years ago 80,000 Americans died from the flu. We've had flu vaccines for 80 years.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most Americans say they wouldn't trust an American vaccine if it came out this year before the election. They are worried that Trump may be putting on pressure to get one out to help his election bid that it might not be safe.

Poll: Most Americans wouldn't take a COVID-19 vaccine before the election

A majority of Americans are concerned that a COVID-19 vaccine will be rushed to the market before it's ready because of political pressure from the Trump administration, according to a new poll from the Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF).

Even if a vaccine is available before Election Day, 54 percent of respondents said they wouldn't take it.

The survey, released Thursday, found 62 percent of respondents said they were concerned about a vaccine being authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) before it is proven to be safe and effective. That number included 85 percent of Democrats, 61 percent of independents and 35 percent of Republicans.

If a vaccine were approved before Nov. 3 and made freely available to anyone who wanted it, about half of all respondents said they would not want to get vaccinated.

According to the poll, 56 percent of independents and 60 percent of Republicans said they would not get the vaccine, while 50 percent of Democrats said they would.

I think someone was lying to the pollsters. More Democrats than Republicans say they'd be worried; but they'd also be more willing to get vaccinated than Republicans. Does it make sense? The numbers would mean 15% of Democrats wouldn't worry about the safety but 50% would still get vaccinated. That suggests 35% of the worried Democrats figured it might not be safe, but then again it might be, so weighing the risks, they went with deciding to be vaccinated even if they didn't trust Trump.

On the other hand, 65% of the Republicans say they wouldn't worry about it, but only 40% would get vaccinated? I think 25% of them were lying -- they say they're not worried but still wouldn't get vaccinated? Or are they being reckless, not worrying about the safety of the vaccine or of getting Covid-19?

Or were 35% of the Democrats lying, pretending to be afraid of it trying to make Trump look bad while they got vaccinated anyway?

It could be that the independents were the most honest. Those numbers make more sense since 61% expressed concern and 56% said they wouldn't get vaccinated.

They'll probably try the vaccine out on nursing home patients. My sister is in one and probably will have to get the vaccine to be able to leave the home for family activities. They've got them on a "no one enters and no one leaves" protocol.

Reactions: Giuliano