Would you walk through the door?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
This isn't in any way meant to be taken as me saying this is the way it is or that this is what the bible says but more just a question I ponder myself...

Sometimes I think about if there was a door and on the other side was the God's creation restored back to perfection would I walk through that door if certain things weren't on the other side...

Like if there was no more surfboards, movies, mcdonalds, or what about my friends I love that reject Jesus, what about my social status, what about youtube, facebook, my job, my money, my car, sex, beer, etc.... would I walk through it and give up everything temporary to just live forever with God, His creation, and our Family...

I don't know if that makes sense... but I trip on that some times... I want to make sure in my mind that nothing is so important that if a door like that existed that I wouldn't not walk through it because I didn't want to let go of something that was in the world that's passing away...

Does that make sense?

Anyone else think about stuff like that?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This isn't in any way meant to be taken as me saying this is the way it is or that this is what the bible says but more just a question I ponder myself...

Sometimes I think about if there was a door and on the other side was the God's creation restored back to perfection would I walk through that door if certain things weren't on the other side...

Like if there was no more surfboards, movies, mcdonalds, or what about my friends I love that reject Jesus, what about my social status, what about youtube, facebook, my job, my money, my car, sex, beer, etc.... would I walk through it and give up everything temporary to just live forever with God, His creation, and our Family...

I don't know if that makes sense... but I trip on that some times... I want to make sure in my mind that nothing is so important that if a door like that existed that I wouldn't not walk through it because I didn't want to let go of something that was in the world that's passing away...

Does that make sense?

Do you think Heaven or paradise will be a downgrade?

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
I see the earth being restored to paradise being only an upgrade... but I also recognize that there's certain things in the world I might kind of be addicted to and I might find it hard to let go of... does that make sense?

It's not just stuff that I might have a hard time letting go of but what about feelings that my stuff or positions in life give me...

Like an example might be if I had the biggest house on my street but on the other side of the door everyone had the same... would it be hard to let go of the ego of having more than my neighbors...

Or if at my job I was the CEO... and on the other side I was made equal to everyone would it be hard to let go of the pride I have in being above those in my job...

This is all just meant to be philosophical by the way... in no way am I trying to create a doctrine... just sharing thoughts...

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
I totally get it!

This life and the things in it are all we know. This is all we understand. It's hard to imagine a life without the things we've become accustomed to or fallen in love with.

It's not much different that thinking about living forever on a deserted Island.

IMO, Our minds and abilities in this form are limited. We've created things that many of us enjoy with such limited minds. Imgainge, now,, Unlimited, time, energy and resource.

Now, add on top of that,, Complete peace and love and serinity. Let the creativity flow! There'd be so much more, even better than surfing, or sex or what ever.

So, now, I ask you.

What would you do with eternity in peace and love and security surrounded by all those that love you with no chance of ever suffering at all?

Most of these things we have are designed as escapes from pain and the mundane. Trip on that for a while. B)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
Land of the Long White Cloud
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Does that make sense?

What a very intelligent, thought provoking question!

The answer for me would be yes!...I would walk through that door...We've seen this side of that door...imagine what it would be like if sin never existed...Death would also not exist or pain or sorrow or anything else. On this side of that doorway...we look forward to the Kingdom with perishable bodies that grow old or can be harmed...perhaps some may not even get there. On the other side...pure paradise...we would not miss anything because that was what we were born for...to worship and glorify God. Btw...he was also planning on Adam having children as well as he said to Adam and Eve [sup]28[/sup] Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” Genesis1

Ahhhh! what an awesome thought! :D

jacobtaylor

Feb 11, 2011
I know this verse is most often used to quarrel about can you loss salvation.
But Just read Paul description in verses 4 and 5. I don't see that door the same way you do. I have tasted drank of those waters. If I know that's the door I don't care if its closed and locked I going to take a run at it and hit it with everything I have. Why because I've tasted I crave for more. I know nothing this world has will ever compare to that which I have tasted. Just read verse 4 and 5 a couple times, have you been there?

[sup]
Heb 6:4-6 (NKJV)
4[/sup] For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, [sup]5[/sup] and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, [sup]
6[/sup] if they fall away,to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

[sup]10[/sup] Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.”

“Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, [sup]14[/sup] but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
Like tupac said 'if they take it all back will I still keep the courage?' I think about these things alot, my answer is yes, screw what my flesh says my spirit says yes and thats my final answer regis.