Wow, They Really Didn't Know What They Were Talking About

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My childhood church that is. I was taught there that God was just waiting for me to mess up and always angry at me and counting my sins and it scared me into backsliding. I was also taught that Jesus was God's literal Son and not God in human form so I just recently learned that in my adult life along with all that other nonsense wasn't true. I was just thinking about all of this and the fact that they were all crazy as heck. XD Like God could ever have a kid LOL I can't believe I didn't figure it out for myself before. XDDD!!! (And I mean a child with Godlike powers not all of us for the record.)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My childhood church that is. I was taught there that God was just waiting for me to mess up and always angry at me and counting my sins and it scared me into backsliding. I was also taught that Jesus was God's literal Son and not God in human form so I just recently learned that in my adult life along with all that other nonsense wasn't true. I was just thinking about all of this and the fact that they were all crazy as heck. XD Like God could ever have a kid LOL I can't believe I didn't figure it out for myself before. XDDD!!! (And I mean a child with Godlike powers not all of us for the record.)

Wow, did you leave LDS?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, did you leave LDS?

No, it was a Baptist church and I attend (well I used to before this whole entire pandemic started) a Methodist church now. I found out from @JohnDB that there was nothing wrong with the church itself or its religion, it was those people that made up the church that was the issue. He helped me get over my fear of Baptists, cause unlike them he's just a regular old loveable guy. :D

Reactions: JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it was a Baptist church and I attend (well I used to before this whole entire pandemic started) a Methodist church now. I found out from @JohnDB that there was nothing wrong with the church itself or its religion, it was those people that made up the church that was the issue. He helped me get over my fear of Baptists, cause unlike them he's just a regular old loveable guy. :D

I might be old...might be regular too at times but I certainly ain't lovable...just ask my ex wives.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I might be old...might be regular too at times but I certainly ain't lovable...just ask my ex wives.

You forget you're speaking to your unofficial adopted daughter. :)

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You forget you're speaking to your unofficial adopted daughter. :)
*Sigh*

Can't I be like a grumpy old man?

Like Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino.... everyone was sure that he was a hateful SOB

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
*Sigh*

Can't I be like a grumpy old man?

Like Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino.... everyone was sure that he was a hateful SOB

Well you're stuck with me so no if you're trying to get rid of me or something. :p (Not like you would of course. :D)

Reactions: JohnDB

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@April_Rose In 1 Timothy 3.16 it says that God indeed was 'manifest in the flesh'.

John 1.14 says that 'the was made flesh, and dwelt among us; and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth'.

Hebrews 1.1-6 says: "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him."

So we see that the truth that the Lord Jesus is indeed the Son of God is so important.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@April_Rose In 1 Timothy 3.16 it says that God indeed was 'manifest in the flesh'.

John 1.14 says that 'the was made flesh, and dwelt among us; and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth'.

Hebrews 1.1-6 says: "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him."

So we see that the truth that the Lord Jesus is indeed the Son of God is so important.

Oh I know I'm not denying that Jesus is the Son of God,.. of course He is. But He's not a son like you are to your parents and that's what the other church that I attended taught.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Oh I know I'm not denying that Jesus is the Son of God,.. of course He is. But He's not a son like you are to your parents and that's what the other church that I attended taught.
Truly God and truly man, "in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4.15b-16) :)

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(HUGS) Congratulations on waking into the awareness of the false teachings of your former church.
Jesus has always loved you. :) Not a conditional love nor a conditional salvation. Eternal salvation. God's grace filled gift of salvation is irrevocable!

And those false teachers at your church will answer for teaching a false Gospel to you and those others there or who have also departed.
James 3:1 Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.

A Warning to Pastors Who Mislead God's People

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(HUGS) Congratulations on waking into the awareness of the false teachings of your former church.
Jesus has always loved you. :) Not a conditional love nor a conditional salvation. Eternal salvation. God's grace filled gift of salvation is irrevocable!

And those false teachers at your church will answer for teaching a false Gospel to you and those others there or who have also departed.
James 3:1 Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.

A Warning to Pastors Who Mislead God's People

Thank you as it was bad enough they were teaching this to the adults,.. but I was a child and they were scaring me about how they were talking about God and making Him seem really mean. :( (I know different now but the message I got there was God is angry at you,.. not God loves you and wants to have a relationship with you. Oh they said Jesus loves me,.. right after they screamed right at me how angry He was at me and the rest of the world that is.)

Reactions: WaterSong

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you as it was bad enough they were teaching this to the adults,.. but I was a child and they were scaring me about how they were talking about God and making Him seem really mean. :( (I know different now but the message I got there was God is angry at you,.. not God loves you and wants to have a relationship with you. Oh they said Jesus loves me,.. right after they screamed right at me how angry He was at me and the rest of the world that is.)
There's an old saying, you know you've made God in your image and likeness when he hates all the same people that you do.

Pray for them. The God they worship is a false god. May they open their eyes, as you did, while there is still time.