Write My Laws on Your Hearts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember Paul's writing to the Corinthians, how, even though he didn't know anything he had done wrong, yet still he didn't consider that reason to thing he hadn't actually done something wrong.

And look at the reasoning he gives.

5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the heart.

But remember . . . this is why Paul didn't judge himself!

He recognized that his own motivations and inner thoughts may even be hid from himself! And that being true for him, I think it's true for us also.

Adam lived in innocence until he learned good and evil, and innocence was lost. Now, we need to understand we're not to live that way any longer, and allow Jesus to be completely in charge.

Much love!

Don't forget Paul also said that if we judge ourselves, we will not be judged.

I still believe he means Philippians 3:16. There may be hidden things that we are not conscious of, still letting us have a clear conscience. 1 John 3:21-24

Constantly abide in Him, and He will abide inside you.

And I also believe that it is known sin that separates us. Eve was seduced and believed it was okay. Adam willfully sinned. They didn't know they were naked until after Adam sinned knowing it was sin, not after Eve sinned unintentionally.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's good, but I was thinking of this...

Hebrews 10:25-26
25Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own. 26Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.

His work is done in that it does not have to be repeated over and over again.
I think that's right. I also think that the Hebrew sanctuary system starts with the slain lamb, continues with the priests role and so on
it is continuous in its unfolding not repetitive in the sense of sacrificing the same lamb just as Jesus is not sacrificed repeatedly.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is continuous in its unfolding not repetitive in the sense of sacrificing the same lamb just as Jesus is not sacrificed repeatedly.
And that is the point. Under the old system, not only is the sacrifice insufficient to atone for all sin, it eventually gets consumed and no longer exists there on the altar to perform it's atoning work. And the high priest under the old system could only intercede on your behalf so long before his death prevented him from doing that.

Christ's ministry has none of these shortcomings, therefore "he is able to save completely c those who come to God through him" Hebrews 7:25. Which is why we should continue to believe in his ministry and not turn back to the old, or to nothing at all. Because you can't have the continuing and never ending ministry of Christ if you don't still believe in it.