Write My Laws on Your Hearts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It of course was written to ALL... believers of The New Covenant Jesus Christ!

Heb 8:6-8
6 But now hath He obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also He is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
8 For finding fault with them, He saith, "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:"
KJV

Of course, Judaism doesn't recognize The New Covenant, nor The New Testament Scripture like the above, which is about Jesus Christ The Mediator of a better Covenant, The New Covenant.

DO YOU BELIEVE THE NEW COVENANT IS JESUS CHRIST?
You teach replacement theology.

I knew it all along.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I am telling you (who is probably a Jew), that GOD BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD ordained The Gospel of Jesus Christ to ALL peoples, which is what Apostle Paul showed in Ephesians 2, and Apostle Peter in 1 Peter 1:19-20 even showed.

So Sorry... God's Promise to Abraham was NOT given only to his seed, because before the foundations of the earth is a lot longer before Abraham was ever born!

Eph 1:3-5
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4 According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,
KJV

What you are pushing (in ignorance I hope), is a doctrine of the Jews, with their trying to apply the Old Testament promises as being only meant for Israel. It's that elitist mentality thing they like to do for themselves, thinking they are special unto themselves, when the reason for God have chosen Israel was for the responsibility of preaching The Gospel to those predestined to receive it!!! Most of the Jews have rejected The Gospel, so what does that show?

Agreed. Abraham relieved the blessings through faith, just as we do. The law wasn't even around at the time God blessed Abraham seed unto . He was not even circumcised at that point. The blessings were for all nations.
The Lord made known the mystery of the Gentiles being included to make the Jews jealous and...seems to be working :eek:

And since there is no Jew, no Gentile, no male no female in Christ, because we are ALL in Christ so...no homeless spiritual hitchhiker's here. :)

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed. Abraham relieved the blessings through faith, just as we do. The law wasn't even around at the time God blessed Abraham seed unto . He was not even circumcised at that point. The blessings were for all nations.
The Lord made known the mystery of the Gentiles being included to make the Jews jealous and...seems to be working :eek:

And since there is no Jew, no Gentile, no male no female in Christ, because we are ALL in Christ so...no homeless spiritual hitchhiker's here. :)

Yeah, and the children of Israel were still in Abraham's loins when God gave him the Gospel Promise by Faith. He'll never get around that prophecy about The Gospel being ordained to ALL peoples prior to the 'foundation of the world' though. That strikes out any salvation by birth only idea the Jews might have.

Reactions: Nancy

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You teach replacement theology.

I knew it all along.

There's no such thing as "replacement theology". That's something Judaism has made up against Christianity.

The New Covenant Jesus Christ was ordained BEFORE the foundation of the world to those predestined. And that covers both believing Israelite and believing Gentile.

(And I might be of one of ten lost tribes of Israel, you never know. But I still say this about the predestined.)

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no such thing as "replacement theology". That's something Judaism has made up against Christianity.

The New Covenant Jesus Christ was ordained BEFORE the foundation of the world to those predestined. And that covers both believing Israelite and believing Gentile.

(And I might be of one of ten lost tribes of Israel, you never know. But I still say this about the predestined.)
No, you teach RT.

You do not believe this is literal or future....

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you teach RT.

You do not believe this is literal or future....

Nope. There's no such thing as 'replacement theology'. That's an idea made up by Judaism against Christianity.

The Old Covenant is DEAD!

Only The New Covenant Jesus Christ exists today, and that is the Covenant Hebrews 8 & 12 and Jeremiah 31 refers to.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. There's no such thing as 'replacement theology'. That's an idea made up by Judaism against Christianity.

Only The New Covenant Jesus Christ exists today, and that is the Covenant Hebrews 8 & 12 and Jeremiah 31 refers to.

No, the Law still exists for sinners today.

Only the saints are not under the Law.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the Law still exists for sinners today.

Only the saints are not under the Law.

The old covenant, which is DEAD, was not only about God's laws.

Per Apostle Paul in 1 Timothy 1, the law was made for the sinner and ungodly, not for the righteous. So anyone who follows the works of the flesh will be subject to God's punishment under His laws that Jesus did not nail to His cross, laws like murder, thefts, perjury, sodomy, bearing false witness, etc. In that way only are there still portions of God's laws still in effect under The New Covenant.

But His laws involving ceremonial worship and the blood ordinances, etc., Christ did away with on His cross, which specifically was what the old covenant was about, including the old Levitical priesthood those in Christ no longer require.

Even in the Book of Genesis, there is still prophecy specifically meant for the end of this world. So not everything God gave Moses to write involves His law. Those who don't know this reveal they have not really studied their Bible.

Furthermore, per Apostle Paul in Galatians 5, those in Christ are not under the law only IF... they walk by The Spirit. Walk by the flesh, regardless of who you are, and you put yourself back under God's laws like 1 Timothy 1 shows.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The law is not said to be written on the hearts of those who are members of the church which is Christ's Body, the fullness of Him that filleth all in all. All that can be found concerning them, is to be found in the later epistles of Paul (Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon), on the basis of Romans 5:12-8:39.
Hi Chris,

I've been giving this a lot of thought recently, and I appreciate your insights!

I have this question.

What should I make of all the teaching in, say, 1 Corinthians concerning the body of Christ?

I Corinthians 12, teaching how the body is one, with many members,

1 Corinthians 12:27 "Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular."

In Romans?

12:4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:
12:5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

These seem the same as in . . .

Ephesians 4:12 "For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ"

Much love!

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @marks,

The law is not said to be written on the hearts of those who are members of the church which is Christ's Body, the fullness of Him that filleth all in all. All that can be found concerning them, is to be found in the later epistles of Paul (Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon), on the basis of Romans 5:12-8:39.

That above of course is not true, because in Galatians 5 Apostle Paul taught that only IF... we walk by The Spirit are we not under God's law.

Gal 5:16-18
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulful the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

KJV

This is why in 1 Timothy 1:8-11 Paul defined portions of God's laws that are for the sinner which are still in effect, WHICH IS A CHRISTIAN DOCTRINE.

Those who preach the law is 'dead' are the LAWLESS, which the father of the lawless ones is the devil himself.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Chris,

I've been giving this a lot of thought recently, and I appreciate your insights!

I have this question.

What should I make of all the teaching in, say, 1 Corinthians concerning the body of Christ?

I Corinthians 12, teaching how the body is one, with many members,

1 Corinthians 12:27 "Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular."

In Romans?

12:4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:
12:5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

These seem the same as in . . .

Ephesians 4:12 "For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ"

Much love!
Hi @marks,

I can understand why you should ask this question. Yet if you look at 1 Corinthians 12, you will see that a body is used to illustrate the distribution of spiritual gift, as pertaining to the Corinthian assembly. It speaks of it's members as members of the body, hands and feet and so on. The ear and the eye are used as illustrative of the members too, whereas Christ is the Head of the Church which is His Body. In 1 Corinthians 12, there are parts which are less honourable than others, and some are spoken of as 'feeble' and as 'uncomely'. That is not so with the church which is the Body of Christ in Ephesians, which is spoken of as a 'joint' body (Ephesians 3:6 'sussoma') which is a unity, equal in importance and 'accepted in the Beloved'.

Romans 12 and 1 Corinthian 12 were written before the revelation of The Mystery was given to Paul, so whatever is written in them cannot be descriptive of the Church which is the Body of Christ. Romans was the last of those earlier epistles, and it's central teaching vital to the church which is the Body of Christ (ie., Romans 5:12-8:39).

Forgive me for being so brief.

Thanking you
In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That above of course is not true, because in Galatians 5 Apostle Paul taught that only IF... we walk by The Spirit are we not under God's law.

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulful the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

KJV

This is why in 1 Timothy 1:8-11 Paul defined portions of God's laws that are for the sinner which are still in effect, WHICH IS A CHRISTIAN DOCTRINE.

Those who preach the law is 'dead' are the LAWLESS, which the father of the lawless ones is the devil himself.
How would you define "being led by the Spirit" and with which Scripture?

Much love!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Charity said:-

KJV

Hello @Davy,

In each of the epistles there is doctrine coupled with practical instruction. The portion of Timothy that you refer to needs to be read from verse 1-11, to be properly understood. Paul had left Timothy at Ephesus to deal with false teachers who were straying from the Truth committed to Paul and made known through his witness. The best antidote to error is always the truth of God and here the Apostle calls it 'a dispensation (stewardship) of God', which had been the subject of the Ephesian and Colossian epistles, the goal of which command of God (v.1), given to Paul, was love (v.5).

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: CharismaticLady

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is dead is sin. Romans 6:1-2, John 8:34-36,1 John 3:5. The born again nature of the Christian partakes of the divine nature of God, and God doesn't sin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and charity

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How would you define "being led by the Spirit" and with which Scripture?

Much love!

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

The children of God are those who are led by the Spirit of God.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

The children of God are those who are led by the Spirit of God.

Much love!

Couldn't wait, huh? LOL

Reactions: marks

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wro
The old covenant, which is DEAD, was not only about God's laws.

Per Apostle Paul in 1 Timothy 1, the law was made for the sinner and ungodly, not for the righteous. So anyone who follows the works of the flesh will be subject to God's punishment under His laws that Jesus did not nail to His cross, laws like murder, thefts, perjury, sodomy, bearing false witness, etc. In that way only are there still portions of God's laws still in effect under The New Covenant.

But His laws involving ceremonial worship and the blood ordinances, etc., Christ did away with on His cross, which specifically was what the old covenant was about, including the old Levitical priesthood those in Christ no longer require.

Even in the Book of Genesis, there is still prophecy specifically meant for the end of this world. So not everything God gave Moses to write involves His law. Those who don't know this reveal they have not really studied their Bible.

Furthermore, per Apostle Paul in Galatians 5, those in Christ are not under the law only IF... they walk by The Spirit. Walk by the flesh, regardless of who you are, and you put yourself back under God's laws like 1 Timothy 1 shows.
Wrong.

The old covenant is presently for sinners as Paul says here...

1 Tim 1:
8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;...

...it will not stop judging sinners as stated above, until the end of the world....

For verily I say unto you, Till. heaven and earth pass, one jot or one. tittle shall in no wise pass from. the law, till all be fulfilled.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Davy,

In each of the epistles there is doctrine coupled with practical instruction. The portion of Timothy that you refer to needs to be read from verse 1-11, to be properly understood. Paul had left Timothy at Ephesus to deal with false teachers who were straying from the Truth committed to Paul and made known through his witness. The best antidote to error is always the truth of God and here the Apostle calls it 'a dispensation (stewardship) of God', which had been the subject of the Ephesian and Colossian epistles, the goal of which command of God (v.1), given to Paul, was love (v.5).

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

BTW . . . I did want to let you know, I've scheduled myself for a re-reading of all the epistles with your posts in mind . . .

Much love!

Reactions: charity