WWJD with LGBTQ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They even go so far as to blaspheme and denegrate the Bible by writing their own.
Explain.

No,the real church of God does not ever shun sinners. It actually loves them enough to call them to repent of those sins,and be brought into a new and better life.
And if they don't repent, then what?
Are they then NOT shunned?

I pray for you and all those accounts that attend Christian forums in an effort to harass. You are pathetic. And that is deeply sad.:pray:
Seriously? Is that the Christian love you are talking about?

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

From homophobic to out and affirming, LGBTQ+ Christian advocate | Aubrey Brolsma | TEDxHopeCollege​

Everybody has a journey to find themselves. Some are painful. Some are joyful. Aubrey Brolsma, in this TEDxHopeCollege talk, details her journey with faith and sexuality, finding herself amongst the paradoxes. She reaffirms her faith and lives out and proud in her queer identity. In order to combat religious trauma and alienation, we must discuss how acceptance can happen every single day. Acceptance doesn't have to be so hard fought. Lives can be saved and relationships can flourish. Aubrey is a junior at Hope College studying history and classics. She is from Noblesville, Indiana. Aubrey wanted to be a speaker because she wanted to talk about something that could change minds and save lives. She is also involved in Prism and Emmaus Scholars.

/

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay; Mr. Howell gets "Greed"; Maybe Ginger gets "Lust". How would you assign pride, wrath, envy, gluttony and sloth?
It's not me. It was the show creator, Sherwood Schwartz.(2011 - RIP :( ) He admitted the characters personalities represent the seven deadlies when he wrote a book and shared about the 3 season series.

Pride - the Professor
Covetousness - Mr. Howell
Lust - Ginger
Anger - Mrs. Howell
Gluttony - the Skipper
Envy - Mary Ann
Sloth - Gilligan

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Spirit and the law are in contradiction. IMO (the letter kills) The "spirit of the law" is not biblical. (a legal term)

Galatians 3:12 NIV
The law is not based on faith; on the contrary...

2 Corinthians 3:6 NIV
... the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

/
The Spirit and the Word agree. The letter kills I agree.......but the apostle wrote that the Law is good when it is used properly. We must not throw the baby out with the bathwater:

2Ti 3:13-17

But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness
:

That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Aren't you dismissing a very complex issue?
There are some very serious things that these individuals and their families are trying to work through.
They could use the HELP from the church instead of shunning.

What should a person do if one of their young children displays a transgender preference at 5 years old?
Should they leave the church? No hope for them? Sinners bound for hell?

/
I would like to know what you consider to be "shunning". You know, we as believers are not here to be best buds with people of the world. Be kind, be helpful, be considerate and compassionate, yes. But not to embrace anyone's sin. Scripture says friendship with the world is enmity with God, and we are exhorted to not be unequally yoked with unbelievers, but rather to come out from among them and be separate and then God will receive us as sons and daughters....we are to be in the world but not OF it. We are here for God's purposes and our interactions with unbelieving people of the world is for His purposes, not to be best buds. I just wonder where or whether you draw the line.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like to know what you consider to be "shunning". You know, we as believers are not here to be best buds with people of the world. Be kind, be helpful, be considerate and compassionate, yes. But not to embrace anyone's sin. Scripture says friendship with the world is enmity with God, and we are exhorted to not be unequally yoked with unbelievers, but rather to come out from among them and be separate and then God will receive us as sons and daughters....we are to be in the world but not OF it. We are here for God's purposes and our interactions with unbelieving people of the world is for His purposes, not to be best buds. I just wonder where or whether you draw the line.
Go read some of his posts and you will see where he draws the line . NOT GOOD EITHER .
Look at the videos . THEN remember you wont see repentance but rather acceptance
as , HIS OWN WORDS , SHe lives out of herfaith , and is proud and affirms her queer etc .
Read some of his own posts . THIS is nothing more than false love stuff .

Everybody has a journey to find themselves. Some are painful. Some are joyful. Aubrey Brolsma, in this TEDxHopeCollege talk, details her journey with faith and sexuality, finding herself amongst the paradoxes. She reaffirms her faith and lives out and proud in her queer identity
DO THAT SOUND GOOD TO YOU SISTER . she reaffirms her faith and live out and PROUD in her QUEER IDENTITY .
DO THAT SOUND GOOD . since when do christains IDENTIFY or our even PROUD of SIN IDENTITY .
\This is nothing more than trying to get the church to ACCEPT SIN .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ITS a delusoin sister . all they are trying to do is to decieve us into a false love that wont correct sin and error in the church .
Churches that went down that path , GOT ONLY MUCH WORSE and fast too .
We must correct sin . And if seen or known within the church it must be corrected or .......ITS GONNA DO
as it has always done . LEAVEN THE LUMP . Paul was not a monster or a hater cause HE had them remove
that man from the church . IF folks are living in , justifying SIN , THEN they must be corrected ASAP and fast .
Not only for their own sake but that for the CHURCHES sake so as the leaven wont leaven up the place . DO NOT BUY
this false love junk that wont correct . WE can use the law for correction . we sure can and must within the churches .

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ITS a delusoin sister . all they are trying to do is to decieve us into a false love that wont correct sin and error in the church .
Churches that went down that path , GOT ONLY MUCH WORSE and fast too .
We must correct sin . And if seen or known within the church it must be corrected or .......ITS GONNA DO
as it has always done . LEAVEN THE LUMP . Paul was not a monster or a hater cause HE had them remove
that man from the church . IF folks are living in , justifying SIN , THEN they must be corrected ASAP and fast .
Not only for their own sake but that for the CHURCHES sake so as the leaven wont leaven up the place . DO NOT BUY
this false love junk that wont correct . WE can use the law for correction . we sure can and must within the churches .! Aqee

What I see them doing here is attacking and mocking our faith in an effort to call us deluded hypocrites.

Imagine the person whose life is so empty that all they can do is harass Christians and attack their faith.

Not to debate the Exegesis or Hermeneutics but to defend sin.

Of course. Because they live in it and glorify it by committing their time to harassing Christians,while they defend sin and damnation.

And they revel in how long we pay attention to their sickness in sin.

Trolls,yes. Damned Trolls. And proud of it because they don't think there is any such thing as sin.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like to know what you consider to be "shunning".
Your quote below is a good summary of how to do it. - LOL

You know, we as believers are not here to be best buds with people of the world. Be kind, be helpful, be considerate and compassionate, yes. But not to embrace anyone's sin. Scripture says friendship with the world is enmity with God, and we are exhorted to not be unequally yoked with unbelievers, but rather to come out from among them and be separate and then God will receive us as sons and daughters....we are to be in the world but not OF it. We are here for God's purposes and our interactions with unbelieving people of the world is for His purposes, not to be best buds.
My best friend is an agnostic. I was best man at his wedding a few weeks ago. (an honor)
Jesus loves sinners... even those outside the church. - LOL

I just wonder where or whether you draw the line.
I draw a line AROUND a sinner when I hug them.
We ARE Jesus' hands and feet.

/

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Go read some of his posts and you will see where he draws the line . NOT GOOD EITHER .
Look at the videos . THEN remember you wont see repentance but rather acceptance
as , HIS OWN WORDS , SHe lives out of herfaith , and is proud and affirms her queer etc .
Read some of his own posts . THIS is nothing more than false love stuff .

Everybody has a journey to find themselves. Some are painful. Some are joyful. Aubrey Brolsma, in this TEDxHopeCollege talk, details her journey with faith and sexuality, finding herself amongst the paradoxes. She reaffirms her faith and lives out and proud in her queer identity
DO THAT SOUND GOOD TO YOU SISTER . she reaffirms her faith and live out and PROUD in her QUEER IDENTITY .
DO THAT SOUND GOOD . since when do christains IDENTIFY or our even PROUD of SIN IDENTITY .
\This is nothing more than trying to get the church to ACCEPT SIN .
I'm afraid she or he is not talking gospel, just more of what seemeth right to man. The gospel is about finding God and we losing ourselves for His sake. It's not about finding self or fulfilling self, it's about denying self and dying to self. I wonder where does "the old man is crucified with Christ" fit into some folks' supposed Christianity? "No longer I who lives but Christ who lives in me"...? Is Christ LGBTQ then? or a thief or a fornicator? Heavens no!

• Love

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your quote below is a good summary of how to do it. - LOL
No ears to hear? That's sad. How about you tell me what those scriptures are saying then...don't just ignore them. You must not have heard what I said about being kind and compassionate either.

My best friend is an agnostic. I was best man at his wedding a few weeks ago. (an honor)
Jesus loves sinners... even those outside the church. - LOL
Was he marrying a woman? If not, then fine and so what? But if he was marrying a man then I will just point out what Paul wrote about those in the church who were self-righteously accepting a man having his father's wife....that they were in pride (aka self-righteous).

I draw a line AROUND a sinner when I hug them.
We ARE Jesus' hands and feet.
So....? What does that have to do with those scrips? Whoever said you can't hug sinners? As I said, you don't have ears to hear, and therefore are not understanding. Never mind, Jesus was always similarly being misunderstood and falsely accused by those who had no ears to hear. You don't seem to have any regard for the word of God, and I'm about done here.

• Love

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How can the law be good, if the letter of the law kills. That doesn't sound good.

/
That is what it says in 1 Tim 8. But you would need ears to hear to understand. (I guess I shouldn't be surprised you don't know the scriptures very well, though maybe it's because you are young, or haven't known the Lord very long, if you do.)

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what it says in 1 Tim 8. But you would need ears to hear to understand. (I guess I shouldn't be surprised you don't know the scriptures very well, though maybe it's because you are young, or haven't known the Lord very long, if you do.)
1 Timothy only has six chapters.
I know that much. - LOL

1698708661785.gif

1698708721337.gif

/

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:
How can the law be good, if the letter of the law kills. That doesn't sound good.
Its good because it kills. it leads us to christ.

apart from the law. We would not know we were sinners. And would not know what the price of redemption is..
Do you mean the transitory ministry of death and condemnation that has no glory now?
The letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

2 Corinthians 3:6-8 NIV
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—
not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone,
came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the
face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was,
8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious?

/

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:

Do you mean the transitory ministry of death and condemnation that has no glory now?
The letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

2 Corinthians 3:6-8 NIV
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—
not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone,
came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the
face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was,
8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious?

/
As paul said, the law was a schoolmaster to lead us to christ.