WWJD with LGBTQ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does it profit to have our "best life now" and have our own way but lose our own soul?
Didn't Jesus come to give us abundant life? (John 10:10)

BTW: I like your post in general.

Even when it comes to understanding the word...scripture says to "buy" the truth and "sell" it not)....
I'm not familiar with that. Could you provide the scripture? Thanks.

/

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Didn't Jesus come to give us abundant life? (John 10:10)
Yes, but like His peace, it's not as the world gives.

I'm not familiar with that. Could you provide the scripture? Thanks.
Pro 23:23

Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

Dont' sell out (wrest, twist, dilute) the truth for a bowl of stew to find loopholes for the flesh. The extra oil for our lamps must be bought by us as well, as we pay the price for it.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Buy the truth, and sell it not...
This is a very strange concept which begs some questions.

1) Where do we buy the truth?
2) How do we know it is truth?
3) If it's okay to buy, why is it NOT okay to sell?

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:
This is a very strange concept which begs some questions.
1) Where do we buy the truth?
2) How do we know it is truth?
3) If it's okay to buy, why is it NOT okay to sell?
Ah - well I guess you need to "buy" the answers to those questions.
If "buy" means "agree", what does "not sell" mean?

/

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is for sure the lesson of the concubine and Lot's offering of his daughters. When we stop our grappling and trying to figure it out on our own, but ask and seek the Lord, and wait upon Him, He will give the illumination.

We are saved when we receive Christ by His Spirit and begin to walk in a new direction....away from our former sinful life. Walk in the spirit and we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. We are not to be like the sow that was washed and return to our wallowing in the mire of our former sins....that's called backsliding and apostasizing, and leads to judgment. What does it say...?...worse in the end than in the beginning. Unless we repent.

These things were all written out of God's love for our good. God's word is not our enemy, but our friend. What does it profit to have our "best life now" and have our own way but lose our own soul? This life is so short anyhow, it sure just isn't worth it to lose our soul in order to have all our desires and have everything go our way in this life for such a short time.....only to lose our soul for eternity. Remember the story of Lazarus and the rich man. And Jesus saying to the Father, not my will but Thine be done.

Everything we need and God's promises to us come through the cross....when we carry it for Him....which involves denying our selves.. Healing, revelation, provision, etc. Even when it comes to understanding the word...scripture says to "buy" the truth and "sell" it not)....as we carry our crosses we are paying the price for it and He gives us more truth, more understanding. Count the cost of following Him ,and don't sell out the truth in order to justify and satisfy the flesh for a little while, like Esau.
Stretched assumptions Lizbeth which only attempt to undergird the God made in our image.

Reactions: St. SteVen

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let your light so shine in this ever darkening world.

Hugs
a quick trivia question dear ziggy . but what IF the light be darkness portraying itself as light .
a quick hint . IF the light that be in you be darkness then great is that darkness .
So how does one know if the light they shine be of he who can appear as an angel of light
or if it be OF the TRUE LIGHT of CHRIST .
its a real simple answer too ziggy .

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a quick trivia question dear ziggy . but what IF the light be darkness portraying itself as light .
a quick hint . IF the light that be in you be darkness then great is that darkness .
So how does one know if the light they shine be of he who can appear as an angel of light
It is called Truth friend.
Only Truth is in the Light. All falsehood is darkness and lies.

Hugs

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is called Truth friend.
Only Truth is in the Light. All falsehood is darkness and lies.

Hugs
very well said dear friend .
how about another question .
AND JUST WHO determines what is truth . society , man , OR GOD .
IS HIS WORD TRUTH.
Are HIS WORDS TRUTH . and as such , if we claim GOD IS TRUTH , JESUS IS TRUTH , THE SPIRIT IS TRUTH
and thus what even the apostels wrote is TRUTH ,
then why oh why would one allow society and church leaders to now determine what is truth , what is love
to a pandering society . That my friend is THE PROBLEM . seems to me
truth keeps changing to fit ..................................exactly . and that wont bode well on the day of the LORD either .

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Co 13:5
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

hugs

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Co 13:5
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

hugs
now for a more deeper question . you are answering right my friend , i say what i say next for a real good reason , so do bear with it .
You do realize that many can quaote the very quoate you just did
and yet , here is the key , and yet the jesus they seem to follow , the spirit they seem to follow
SURE SEEMS to be contradicting the very words left to us in THE BIBLE by that JESUS , by that SPIRIT .
SO , what if one is following another jesus or another spirit , another love etc .
AND HOW , this is a big time key question , and just HOW does one examine themselves TO SEE .
the answer is real simple . i bet you probably know it too . but go ahead and give an answer .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Stretched assumptions Lizbeth which only attempt to undergird the God made in our image.
Not difficult at all, unless one is blinded by an unwillingness to see the truth for some reason:

Jdg 19:22-24

Now as they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, certain sons of Belial, beset the house round about, and beat at the door, and spake to the master of the house, the old man, saying, Bring forth the man that came into thine house, that we may know him.

And the man, the master of the house, went out unto them, and said unto them, Nay, my brethren, nay, I pray you, do not so wickedly; seeing that this man is come into mine house, do not this folly.

Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a hint , as you have US for an example . someone and someones left us the pattern and words by which
to examine to see . any guesses what book them words are in .................

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then why oh why would one allow society and church leaders to now determine what is truth , what is love
to a pandering society . That my friend is THE PROBLEM . seems to me
Eph 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not difficult at all, unless one is blinded by an unwillingness to see the truth for some reason:

Jdg 19:22-24

Now as they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, certain sons of Belial, beset the house round about, and beat at the door, and spake to the master of the house, the old man, saying, Bring forth the man that came into thine house, that we may know him.

And the man, the master of the house, went out unto them, and said unto them, Nay, my brethren, nay, I pray you, do not so wickedly; seeing that this man is come into mine house, do not this folly.

Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing.
here is a trivia question . and just WHY would one be so unwilling to see the truth , what reason could there be
a hint , its the same reason JESUS told them WHY SO MANY WONT COME TO THE LIGHT .

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SO , what if one is following another jesus or another spirit , another love etc .
AND HOW , this is a big time key question , and just HOW does one examine themselves TO SEE .

Mat 7:15
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Mat 7:16
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17
Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19
Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Gal 5:22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Gal 5:26
Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Eph 5:9
(For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth; )

Hugs

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eph 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
What does THE CHARITY OF GOD that cometh OF GOD REJOICE IN
and what does it not REJOICE in ...........
this is how one will know whether the love they have is of GOD or is of the world .
CHARITY REJOICES IN ONLY ONE THING
and it will and would never REJOICE IN ....................
so what is it . and what is it that charity would never honor , rejoice in ...........
for that answer you go read the charity chapter .
And before you do i have a question . WHY DO SO MANY NOW REJOICE IN A LIE
a lie that says all other religoins be serving the same GOD we do
WOULD CHARITY REJOICE IN A LIE
OR WOULD CHARITY REJOICE ONLY IN THE TRUTH . the TRUTH that says , What occurs if one believes
and also what occurs to one if they BELIEVE NOT . cause i see a love
so many be callling love that sure seems to deny having to REPENT TO BELIEVE ON JESUS .
AND YET , DIDNT JESUS ALWAYS SAY TRUTH . so why rejoice in something contrary to what HE SAID .
OH DEAR this generation IS IN DIRE TROUBLE .