Y do U believe what U believe, and do U have good reasons 4 those beliefs? - let's find out.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

What "incorrect beliefs" have you "laid aside"? Would you list your top 5 (if there are 5)?
Incorrect beliefs once held now ditched....
1. God is principally a God of control.
2. Emotion is an accurate barometer to truth.
3. Being happy is more important than being holy.
4. Obedience is optional.
5. The Son of God is as old(sic) as the Father.
6. Sunday is the Lord's day.
7. God is always on the lookout to punish sinners....there are more.

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
www.jenniferdianeaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you believe in is apart of who you are. We all have different beliefs but it doesn't make one more correct then the other, it's just our own entitled beliefs and what we think and believe is who we are unless our beliefs change through circumstances and expieriences. But we can't redefine something already said and written, if it's in the bible then it's true, no matter what beliefs of our own come to it. We can only believe or not, accept it or not. I won't speak for God but I don't know why people act like they own God, remember he chose us , we didn't choose him, he loved us first, we didn't. None of us is perfect and God doesn't favorite anyone however he does put his favor on some people and thier life, however he treats us all the same and our beliefs doesn't change anything or the words written in the bible, the bible said not to take away or add from his word anyway..so

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
What you believe in is apart of who you are. We all have different beliefs but it doesn't make one more correct then the other, it's just our own entitled beliefs and what we think and believe is who we are unless our beliefs change through circumstances and expieriences. But we can't redefine something already said and written, if it's in the bible then it's true, no matter what beliefs of our own come to it. We can only believe or not, accept it or not. I won't speak for God but I don't know why people act like they own God, remember he chose us , we didn't choose him, he loved us first, we didn't. None of us is perfect and God doesn't favorite anyone however he does put his favor on some people and thier life, however he treats us all the same and our beliefs doesn't change anything or the words written in the bible, the bible said not to take away or add from his word anyway..so
Psalm 119.105 is another pivotal verse... :)

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Old Testament references there do not refer to the church.

I don't see the church anywhere in the Old Testament.
You don't, what about Luke and Stephen?

Act_7:38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

You are not going to answer my Matthew questions?

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Act_7:38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

Acts is not in the old testament lol

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Matthew has a strong Jewish background.

Acts 7.38 refers to a time before Pentecost, when the Spirit came to indwell; when the church began.

You and I are unlikely to agree... :)

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew has a strong Jewish background.

Acts 7.38 refers to a time before Pentecost, when the Spirit came to indwell; when the church began.

You and I are unlikely to agree... :)
This thread is not about us agreeing. It is about testing that which we believe, and I find that those who refuse to answer simple, yet specific, questions, are unwilling to test what they believe, for the question is found to pry into that belief too far for them, and they would rather not look that far.

Yes, Acts 7:38 does refer to that time, which is why it is an important text, for Stephen (and so also Luke), under inspiration speak of the "church" in the OT, in the days of Moses.

Pentecost refers to the outpouring upon the church, but doesn't say that the church began there.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
This thread is not about us agreeing. It is about testing that which we believe, and I find that those who refuse to answer simple, yet specific, questions, are unwilling to test what they believe, for the question is found to pry into that belief too far for them, and they would rather not look that far.

Yes, Acts 7:28 does refer to that time, which is why it is an important text, for Stephen (and so also Luke), under inspiration speak of the "church" in the OT, in the days of Moses.

Pentecost refers to the outpouring upon the church, but doesn't say that the church began there.
I totally disagree, actually; at Pentecost there was the abiding indwelling as well as an outpouring; and this was not the case in the Old Testament. We are not going to agree.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you explain specifically though because I'm not sure exactly sure what y'all have been discussing... :)
farouk is a 'dispy' (dispensational), and farouk attempted to bring that ideology into the thread, but was, so far, unwilling to address questions which would really get someone to think about that theology, and whether it was really an accurate depiction of true doctrine in scripture.

Reactions: Jennifer

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
farouk is a 'dispy' (dispensational), and farouk attempted to bring that ideology into the thread, but was, so far, unwilling to address questions which would really get someone to think about that theology, and whether it was really an accurate depiction of doctrine in scripture.
What aren't I talking about that you think I am compelled to talk about? I think we differ in our pre-suppositions.

Reactions: Helen

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I totally disagree, actually; at Pentecost there was the abiding indwelling as well as an outpouring; and this was not the case in the Old Testament. We are not going to agree.
As stated, this thread is not about us agreeing. It is about testing what we believe, and I have not found you farouk to really desire to consider what you believe, by answering my question in regards Matthew's text, but instead simply came to teach me from your perspective. I do not think that theology is sustainable, just from the simple texts I have already raised, and the questions that go with them. Thank you for your time.

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
farouk is a 'dispy' (dispensational), and farouk attempted to bring that ideology into the thread, but was, so far, unwilling to address questions which would really get someone to think about that theology, and whether it was really an accurate depiction of true doctrine in scripture.
Ok but that still don't explain what your was talking about in the Bible..lol

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
As stated, this thread is not about us agreeing. It is about testing what we believe, and I have not found you farouk to really desire to consider what you believe, by answering my question in regards Matthew's text, but instead simply came to teach me from your perspective. I do not think that theology is sustainable, just from the simple texts I have already raised, and the questions that go with them. Thank you for your time.
Please restate in a few words your question about Matthew.

Matthew has a strongly Jewish background; and deals with future events also after the church has been raptured; as in Matt. 24.

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well why not compare the things of the church with the things of Israel and see what you come up with. Or ask the holy spirit or Jesus for the answers cause farouk don't know..only God has all the answers