Yahweh Sends Yahweh

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You are getting carried away here. It is ....the Lord (YHVH) said to my Lord (la-ADONI).

not really, in verse 5 it reads, "the Lord (’ă·ḏō·nāy) at Your Right-Hand", which is "la·ḏō·nî" in verse 1.

However, in about 20 Hebrew MT manuscripts, which have nothing to do with the Christian Church, verse 5 reads, not "’ă·ḏō·nāy", but, "Yah·weh", which is literally, "Yah·weh at Your Right-Hand", which makes verse 1, "Yah·weh said to Yah·weh". Dr Adam Clarke in his commeantary says, that there is one Hebrew manscript that reads in verse 1 "Yah·weh", instead of "la·ḏō·nî"

Clearly this has been tampered with

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not really, in verse 5 it reads, "the Lord (’ă·ḏō·nāy) at Your Right-Hand", which is "la·ḏō·nî" in verse 1.

However, in about 20 Hebrew MT manuscripts, which have nothing to do with the Christian Church, verse 5 reads, not "’ă·ḏō·nāy", but, "Yah·weh", which is literally, "Yah·weh at Your Right-Hand", which makes verse 1, "Yah·weh said to Yah·weh". Dr Adam Clarke in his commeantary says, that there is one Hebrew manscript that reads in verse 1 "Yah·weh", instead of "la·ḏō·nî"

Clearly this has been tampered with

so now the bible is not to be trusted because it has been tampered with??? and the original manuscript does not read Yahweh....lol.... good try though.

Reactions: Episkopos

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verse you thought of is Psalm 110:1. It always comes to my mind when anyone says or suggests that there is more than one Yahweh.

Well…we have to let others be where they currently are and, admittedly, we are trying to grasp something really amazing and beyond us. As long as they don’t claim Jesus is not God, I don’t worry about them. So as far as doctrines go, the trinity doctrine is not as hideous to me as some others.

But when someone argues that Jesus is not God, it distresses me because what I hear them saying is like…the Father is God and Jesus is just His prophet. Or…is just a sacrifice. It just really gives me distress for them. It also makes me queasy, like His blood is being trampled under foot.

It’s why I am fine with someone insisting on the trinity doctrine but will speak against someone insisting Jesus is not God in human form.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
so now the bible is not to be trusted because it has been tampered with??? and the original manuscript does not read Yahweh....lol.... good try though.

as I have said before you don't know what you are on about! you should try one of the easier threads on here!

FACTS are FACTS, and Pslam 110:5 has been corrupted by the Jews, because there are at least TWENTY Habrew manuscripts that reads YAHWEH when speaking about Jesus Christ!

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Jews did corrupt the Old Testament especially when it refers to Jesus Christ, as the Jehovah's Witnesses did with John 1:1, Revelation 3:14, etc

First of all you cannot use Revelation to prove Jesus being God Himself because it the very first line of chapter one "God told Jesus who told the angel the Revelation... Second, you cannot use John 1:1 as making Jesus God Himself either because Jesus himself said that he did not come down from heaven to do his own will...

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as I have said before you don't know what you are on about! you should try one of the easier threads on here!

FACTS are FACTS, and Pslam 110:5 has been corrupted by the Jews, because there are at least TWENTY Habrew manuscripts that reads YAHWEH when speaking about Jesus Christ!

if the Bible has been corrupted then why do you quote from it???

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
First of all you cannot use Revelation to prove Jesus being God Himself because it the very first line of chapter one "God told Jesus who told the angel the Revelation... Second, you cannot use John 1:1 as making Jesus God Himself either because Jesus himself said that he did not come down from heaven to do his own will...

I have nothing further to say to you on this, let someone else do so!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You sort of can use Rev, together with other verses, to show Jesus is, as John says, God. In human form.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sort of can use Rev, together with other verses, to show Jesus is, as John says, God. In human form.

No actually you cannot use Revelations to Prove Jesus is God...

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:"

And John 1:1 does not say that Jesus was God Himself because then you would have to answer "Whose will did God Himself come down from heaven to do, if not his own?"

According to the Doctrine of the Trinity. God is Jesus/the Son completely...

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John is talking about Jesus. He calls Jesus the word, the light that was before the sun and moon, the lamb. English comprehension of the passage shows that He is talking about Jesus in the entire passage. Even if there might be some confusion of mind, that John is talking about Jesus is not one of those confusions if you are an English speaker reading the passage.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John is talking about Jesus. He calls Jesus the word, the light that was before the sun and moon, the lamb. English comprehension of the passage shows that He is talking about Jesus in the entire passage. Even if there might be some confusion of mind, that John is talking about Jesus is not one of those confusions if you are an English speaker reading the passage.

Then whose will did God Himself come down from heave to do, if not his own???

John 1:1 clearly states that Jesus is God Himself and verse 14 solidifies that God Himself became flesh...

So without removing Jesus from being God Himself, answer the question...

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Whole premise of the Trinity is that God is all 3, The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit... Each one is God Himself... No matter which one you refer two, you are still referring to God Himself... Without the Trinity there can be no Triune God and without God there can be no Trinity...

"That we worship one God in trinity and the trinity in unity, neither blending their persons nor dividing their essence."

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then whose will did God Himself come down from heave to do, if not his own???

John 1:1 clearly states that Jesus is God Himself and verse 14 solidifies that God Himself became flesh...

So without removing Jesus from being God Himself, answer the question...

Umm…this is odd…to state that John does not say Jesus is God here: “And John 1:1 does not say that Jesus was God Himself” (that’s a quote of you).

And then to say this: “John 1:1 clearly states that Jesus is God Himself.” (That’s also a quote of you).

Not sure how to reconcile both your quotes there…

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Umm…this is odd…to state that John does not say Jesus is God here: “And John 1:1 does not say that Jesus was God Himself” (that’s a quote of you).

And then to say this: “John 1:1 clearly states that Jesus is God Himself.” (That’s also a quote of you).

Not sure how to reconcile both your quotes there…

let me clear it up for you... Based upon the Trinitarian doctrine... John 1:1 clearly states that Jesus is God.... The Problem with that doctrine is that it does not say that Jesus is God because then that would mean that God is a liar.. "For I have come down from heaven not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me."...

Trinitarians are so wrapped up in trying to prove that Jesus is God, they never pay attention to scripture that states he could not be Go because God will never tell a lie...