Yahweh Sends Yahweh

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yahweh Sends Yahweh

“Come! Come! Flee from the land of the north,’ says Yahweh; ‘for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the sky,’ says Yahweh. ‘Come, Zion! Escape, you who dwell with the daughter of Babylon.’ For Yahweh of Armies says: ‘For Honor He has sent Me to the nations which plundered you; for he who touches you touches the apple of His eye. For, behold, I will shake My hand over them, and they will be a plunder to those who served them; and you will know that Yahweh of Armies has sent Me. Sing and rejoice, daughter of Zion; for, behold, I Come, and I will dwell within you,’ says Yahweh. Many nations shall join themselves to Yahweh in that day, and shall be My people; and I will dwell among you, and you shall know that Yahweh of Armies has sent Me to you” (Zechariah 2:6-11)

This is one of the clearest passages in the Old Testament, where we read of Two distinct Persons, Who are called, Yahweh.

The passage teaches about the Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is clear that the Speaker is Yahweh, Who says that He is “sent” by Another Person, Who is “Yahweh of Armies”. The One Who is “sent”, cannot be the same Person, as the One who “sends”, they are very much distinct.

On the Name Yahweh, the Hebrew Lexicon by F Brown, S R Driver and C A Briggs, says:

“Yahweh, the proper name of the God of Israel...the one bringing into being, life-giver, giver of existence, creator, he who brings to pass...he who causes...the one who is: i.e. the absolute and unchangeable one, the existing, ever-living” (pages 217-218)

This describes BOTH God the Father, and God the Son, as BOTH are the Eternal, Life-Giving, Ever-Living, Creator God.

In this passage, those who do not believe in the absolute Deity of Jesus Christ, are refuted. You cannot be Yahweh, and not be Almighty God. And, those who do not believe that there is more than One Person, in the Eternal Godhead, and equally refuted. You cannot be SENT and be the same Person as they One Who SENDS. Both these heresies are destroyed by this passage in Zechariah.

Biblical evidence that cannot be refuted.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yahweh Sends Yahweh

“Come! Come! Flee from the land of the north,’ says Yahweh; ‘for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the sky,’ says Yahweh. ‘Come, Zion! Escape, you who dwell with the daughter of Babylon.’ For Yahweh of Armies says: ‘For Honor He has sent Me to the nations which plundered you; for he who touches you touches the apple of His eye. For, behold, I will shake My hand over them, and they will be a plunder to those who served them; and you will know that Yahweh of Armies has sent Me. Sing and rejoice, daughter of Zion; for, behold, I Come, and I will dwell within you,’ says Yahweh. Many nations shall join themselves to Yahweh in that day, and shall be My people; and I will dwell among you, and you shall know that Yahweh of Armies has sent Me to you” (Zechariah 2:6-11)

This is one of the clearest passages in the Old Testament, where we read of Two distinct Persons, Who are called, Yahweh.

The passage teaches about the Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is clear that the Speaker is Yahweh, Who says that He is “sent” by Another Person, Who is “Yahweh of Armies”. The One Who is “sent”, cannot be the same Person, as the One who “sends”, they are very much distinct.

On the Name Yahweh, the Hebrew Lexicon by F Brown, S R Driver and C A Briggs, says:

“Yahweh, the proper name of the God of Israel...the one bringing into being, life-giver, giver of existence, creator, he who brings to pass...he who causes...the one who is: i.e. the absolute and unchangeable one, the existing, ever-living” (pages 217-218)

This describes BOTH God the Father, and God the Son, as BOTH are the Eternal, Life-Giving, Ever-Living, Creator God.

In this passage, those who do not believe in the absolute Deity of Jesus Christ, are refuted. You cannot be Yahweh, and not be Almighty God. And, those who do not believe that there is more than One Person, in the Eternal Godhead, and equally refuted. You cannot be SENT and be the same Person as they One Who SENDS. Both these heresies are destroyed by this passage in Zechariah.

Biblical evidence that cannot be refuted.

Amen. The Father sends the Son....Yahweh sends Yahweh. :)

The Lord of Hosts (plural) sends the Son who comes in HIS NAME (YHVH). So Yahweh sends Yahweh. One (Jesus) YHVH is the friend of Moses who speaks face to face with him. The other cannot be seen unless death occurs.

So then YHVH is a family name....The family name of the Godhead. Father and Son in One. One in name and One in Spirit.

The One who sends is greater than the one being sent. As the Father sent the Son so also does the Son send us.

• Love
Reactions: faithfulness

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Amen. The Father sends the Son....Yahweh sends Yahweh. :)

The Lord of Hosts (plural) sends the Son who comes in HIS NAME (YHVH). So Yahweh sends Yahweh. One (Jesus) YHVH is the friend of Moses who speaks face to face with him. The other cannot be seen unless death occurs.

So then YHVH is a family name....The family name of the Godhead. Father and Son in One. One in name and One in Spirit.

The One who sends is greater than the one being sent. As the Father sent the Son so also does the Son send us.

your understanding is not what the Bible says! Yahweh sends Yahweh, BOTH are EQUALLY called Yahweh, so neither can be "greater" than the other. Regardless of what you might believe you would like this passage to say, it does NOT!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
your understanding is not what the Bible says! Yahweh sends Yahweh, BOTH are EQUALLY called Yahweh, so neither can be "greater" than the other. Regardless of what you might believe you would like this passage to say, it does NOT!

That is a human premise. You are judging from your own understanding. Jesus came in His Father's name. And we are sent out in the name of Christ. I am called after Christ yet Christ is greater than I am. Many people have God in their name yet they are not God. You have yet to understand eternal truth. Please check out my post on being an honest Christian thinker. :)

Reactions: faithfulness

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That is a human premise. You are judging from your own understanding. Jesus came in His Father's name. And we are sent out in the name of Christ. I am called after Christ yet Christ is greater than I am. Many people have God in their name yet they are not God. You have yet to understand eternal truth. Please check out my post on being an honest Christian thinker. :)

What I have written in my many posts on here, is what the Bible teaches. Jesus Christ is YHWH. The Father is YHWH. The Holy Spirit is YHWH. Either you fully believe in this Great Truth, or your don't.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
There is only one Yahweh. He is the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There are passages and verses that seem to contradict each other. They don’t, but seem to, because Jesus said “the Father is greater than I” while John says “and He is God.” So understanding them together is necessary.

Reactions: Episkopos

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There are passages and verses that seem to contradict each other. They don’t, but seem to, because Jesus said “the Father is greater than I” while John says “and He is God.” So understanding them together is necessary.

Jesus Christ, during His time on earth, as God-Man, placed Himself "subjected" to the Father, as is clear from John 17:5; Philippians 2:5-8 and Hebrews 2:9. Jesus Came as The Servant, and Himself says that the servant is not greater than the master. This is only functional, and Incarnational, and has nothing to do with the Persons in the Eternal Godhead.

Jesus says in John 14:28, "the Father is greater than I"; and yet says in John 5:23, that He is to be Honoured in exactly the same way that the Father is, and those whom do not Honour Him, do not Honour the Father Who sent Him. This shows absoulte equality with the Father.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ, during His time on earth, as God-Man, placed Himself "subjected" to the Father, as is clear from John 17:5; Philippians 2:5-8 and Hebrews 2:9. Jesus Came as The Servant, and Himself says that the servant is not greater than the master. This is only functional, and Incarnational, and has nothing to do with the Persons in the Eternal Godhead.

Jesus says in John 14:28, "the Father is greater than I"; and yet says in John 5:23, that He is to be Honoured in exactly the same way that the Father is, and those whom do not Honour Him, do not Honour the Father Who sent Him. This shows absoulte equality with the Father.

And yet you cannot answer the Question of Whose will God Himself came down to do, if not his own...

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, He made Himself nothing so we could become something.
but made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men.

That deserves more honor, not less!

The Lord said to my Lord, that’s the verse I thought of when I read your title.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God sent his Word. That is the way I look at it, and the Word was the very part of God when Creation had occurred. And the Word made flesh was the image of the Invisible God, and all things were made through the Word - who was made flesh named Jesus/Yeshua.

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men.

That was David's people stating that God said to David.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Psalm 110:1 is literally, "Yahweh said to Yahweh"

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

The verse you thought of is Psalm 110:1. It always comes to my mind when anyone says or suggests that there is more than one Yahweh.

“A declaration of Yahweh to my lord, …”

(LEB)

“The LORD says to my lord, …”

(NABRE)

“Here is the Lord’s proclamation to my lord, …”

(NET)

(NRSV)

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verse you thought of is Psalm 110:1. It always comes to my mind when anyone suggests that there is more than one Yahweh.

“A declaration of Yahweh to my lord, …”

(LEB)

(NABRE)

“Here is the Lord’s proclamation to my lord, …”

(NET)

(NRSV)

show me where the יְהוָ֨ה is stated twine in that verse please...

Reactions: Episkopos