YES, Lord Jesus Christ DID Claim To Be GOD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God is almighty in power, is He able to take on flesh and walk the earth? Or is that a limit to His power?
The thing is God appearing in the form of a man and seeming to die is theologically irrelevant. Because he is eternal, he cannot fulfill the unique role of the Messiah to be a sacrifice for many.

The penalty for sin is death, which is complete and total and not mere appearance. Because God is almighty, he could not pay the penalty for sin and this explains why there is not one single verse that says God died for our sins. What Scripture does say is that God raised Jesus from the dead. Romans 10:9.

There is so much sad about those who claim Jesus is God. Besides above, it contradicts Jesus' own words at John 8:54. He said if he glorifies himself it means nothing. They say, no, he is glorifying himself in the highest possible terms. I trust Jesus who died for our sins (not God). Why don't you?

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So how do you explain these scriptures, and how do you explain Yeshua permitting people to worship Him?
He didn’t permit people to worship him…..he permitted obeisance, which is respectful honor not worship.

The Greek “pro·sky·neʹo“ corresponds closely with the Hebrew sha·hhahʹ as to conveying the thought of both obeisance to creatures, as well as worship to God or a deity. The Hebrew term graphically conveys the thought of prostration or bowing down.
In Bible times it was acceptable as a greeting to bow before your guests as a sign of respect.

“Pro·sky·neʹo“ is never applied to a man…only to God. Jesus was a man so it was never “worship” to him.
Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.
The one who sends the savior is also a savior…it is not an exclusive term, as God raised up other saviors in Israel. (Judges 3:15)

According to Paul, Jehovah was also the savior of his son…
”During his life on earth, Christ offered up supplications and also petitions, with strong outcries and tears, to the One who was able to save him out of death, and he was favorably heard for his godly fear.”
Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
If you read it carefully without presupposing what the titles mean, you will see that Jesus is a “mighty god”, not the “Almighty God”. He is called “el gibbór” NOT “ el Shaddái”. Only one god is Almighty.

The meaning of the word “theos” (god) in Greek covers Strongs definition.…it is any divine personage..a god or goddess. Even satan is called “theos” in 2 Cor 4:4.….so not a title exclusive to Jehovah.

Jesus was most certainly divine, but he was not deity……he was not Jehovah incarnate.
Even the term “everlasting father” is not what you imagine…..a “father” in scripture is a life giver, so through his role as Messiah, in sacrificing his life, Jesus became responsible for giving everlasting life to redeemed mankind. If you read Jewish scripture you must use a Jewish lens because it can turn something into an opposite if you put an incorrect interpretation to it.

The last one you didn’t highlight was “Prince of Peace”…..what is a “Prince” but the son of a king?
Read scripture along with a good concordance and many things will be revealed…even flawed translation.
How do you explain that Yeshua is on the throne of His Father?

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Read it again…..this is speaking about those who conquer the world through their faith, being granted to sit on Christ’s throne with him, as he sits on his Father’s throne…..it’s about shared rulership….Jesus will not rule alone in his Father’s kingdom. He has his elect to rule with him as “kings and priests”. (Rev 20:6)
We are instructed to call YHVH Our Father I do this as instructed. We are not told to call Him YHVH a name we are told is Jehovah. We are told to use FATHER.

Is Yeshua the saviour or not..? What then did God say? So I don't understand the problem.
We can address God as our Father, but all the OT Bible writers used God’s name freely and often (around 7000 times in fact) But due to their disobedience, the Jews stopped pronouncing God’s name as they were instructed to use it throughout their generations (Exodus 3:13-15) therefore the pronunciation was lost, but not the name itself. It is the most common way to pronounce the divine name as “Jehovah” because it is the English translation of his name just as “Jesus” is the Anglicized form of Yeshua. We can use Jehovah or Yahweh as both fit the definition of God’s name.
Those who balk at the English name of “Jehovah” and yet freely use “Jesus” have missed the point. If Jesus is God, then what does this mean?

Since God knows his name in all languages….. it is a name we must use to identify the God we serve. He is not a nameless title….he is a real person, who has a name that he gave himself….and wants it known. (John 17:6)

Jesus taught us to pray “hallowed be thy name”…it’s hard to hallow or sanctify a name you never utter.

To be known as simply “LORD” is to confuse him with false gods. Baal for example means “Lord”….Allah too means “Lord”….we lose so much by not using God’s name. His name also differentiates him from his son who is “Lord” in a completely different sense. The title “Lord” in Greek is equivalent to “Sir” or “Master” in English…not adequate for the Sovereign of the Universe.

Ezek 36:23 says in prophesy.….
“I will certainly sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the nations, which you profaned among them; and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah,’ declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, ‘when I am sanctified among you before their eyes.”

God’s name will be restored to its rightful place….and the nations will know whom it is that they have ignored and disobeyed.

Reactions: TheHC and Spyder

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Close-handed issues (or closed issues) are issues that are central to being a Christian; these issues are simply not up for debate because they are what defines Christianity. If closed-handed issues are debatable, then Christianity is simply yet another religion and nothing more. We will define those below in regards to the community, but this includes doctrines like the divinity of Christ.

• Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador
Status
Not open for further replies.