Yes, yes, we all believe in Jesus; now let's get onto the important stuff!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The title of my thread is being sarcastic Karl. Why? ....because we make a ton of words which ultimately amount to very little....even nothing......and in so doing it is revealed what is important to us.....namely, hot air.

Heb 5:11 Concerning him we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.

It should be very easy to just tell people to listen to Jesus Christ - but since they are dull of hearing it winds up taking a whole lot of explanation - but that doesn't mean they still get it.

Indeed, how many pages does the Scriptures have and that just so that we might listen to the Lord like Abraham did! But they people think it is just all hot air or they would listen to our Lord Jesus Christ and understand!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Heb 5:11 Concerning him we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.

It should be very easy to just tell people to listen to Jesus Christ - but since they are dull of hearing it winds up taking a whole lot of explanation - but that doesn't mean they still get it.

Indeed, how many pages does the Scriptures have and that just so that we might listen to the Lord like Abraham did! But they people think it is just all hot air or they would listen to our Lord Jesus Christ and understand!
in kindness Karl.....notice the choice of words you are using.....ie, should, tell, they, people think. All these indicate an issue with the other...in ones view, not ourselves. It makes for preaching at.
One only needs to ask the question 'how do I like being preached at?'...or, 'how attractive are the opinionated who feel they need to straighten others out'?
When I read, 'a fool is know by his many words' I want to take note!

Reactions: bbyrd009

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It means many things..
Here are some.

And these verses are not talking to religious water baptized people who are not born again.

1.) The heart of a man (person) devises your way, but GOD directs your steps.

2.) God will give you the desires of your Heart

3.) How can a person stay on the path of purity? By living according to your word.

4. The word of God is a Lamp and its Light.

The word of God, as Psalm 6:22 is describing, is alive. Its living. Its able to talk to you, and teach you, and reveal to you.

So, what you have to do, is fill yourself with the word of God., so that the word is so saturated in you, that it does this..

"I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons."

The Lord uses the word of God through the Holy Spirit to protect you, to heal you, to lead you, to correct you, and to instruct you.

No it does mean many things! It means we need to listen to the Lord our God, Jesus Christ! Because it is Him/God and those angles in heaven whom do His bidding which watch over us, so we need to listen to them/it (The Kingdom of God)

Now those who are born again hear the sound of the wind! So if a person writes "The word of God is a Lamp and its Light" are they saying to listen to the King of kings, or do they mean read the Bible and do what they think is right? Jesus explained that He was the Light, so they should be meaning they are seeking the voice of the Lord for instructions and teachings, but too often they don't. Too often they say things like 'I am the teacher' instead of Jesus Christ is the Teacher', or 'we have to follow the Bible or a verse in it' as opposed to saying we follow Jesus Christ by listening His voice and thus His words to us, which are found near us - simply because the Holy Spirit speaks His words to our spirit.

So, I do like reading things like, "GOD directs your steps", but that is for a person who listens to the Lord for His instructions, and does not apply to everyone!!

And I testify about that type of direction. Indeed, I had printed the orders for my business and still needed to mark them off of my inventory when the Lord told me, "Now, I need you to go post of the forum." If I had not heard Him I would not have responded to your post. So I do like much of what you write, but not all. For example; Gopd does not just give you the desires of your heart; rather it is contingent on us delighting in the Lord!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in kindness Karl.....notice the choice of words you are using.....ie, should, tell, they, people think. All these indicate an issue with the other...in ones view, not ourselves. It makes for preaching at.
One only needs to ask the question 'how do I like being preached at?'...or, 'how attractive are the opinionated who feel they need to straighten others out'?
When I read, 'a fool is know by his many words' I want to take note!

You have this very wrong!! It is ourselves!!! You, me, the next guy - we don't listen to the Lord like we should. The fact you are taking it person, means you are being convicted by the Holy Spirit, as we should all be!! That is what the Holy Spirit does, He convicts us of our sins and our sins are a direct result of not listening to our Lord!!!

Have you not read:

Heb 3:13 But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called “Today,” so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

Of course we think that all "encouragement" means saying we do things right, but that is not from the Lord!

Rev 3:19 ‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent.

In the Lord's prayer there is a part where we ask forgiveness, and we need it. If we think that we are not doing anything wrong then we are not going to try and get better. So Rev 3:19 is a daily thing, and the thing which gets all of us listening to Him.

Phil 3:12,13 Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,

Now you may think that because I point people to Jesus Christ and hearing Him, that means I always do that, but I don't think that! Indeed, I understand that part of the reason He has me tell people to listen to Him is to get me to listen to Him more. Now I usually hear from Him about a dozen times a day! That is horrible!!! He is with me all day. So while I usually get up in the morning and listen to Him a bit, then a litte later I sit down and prayer the Lord's prayer with a few extras and spend some more time listening to Him, and I will think about Him a few times more and He will also catch my attention a few more times, so I hear from Him via the small voice of His a dozen times a day, that is still horrible. Of course that is me, how about you???

I don't really need to know that, but you need to consider it, for yourself! Like I consider it for myself, everyday called "Today"

The thing is that if you were considering it everyday called "Today" you would not have responded like you did. You would responded like Paul and be pressing forward to what lies ahead; meaning what else He wants you to do! That results in practicing using your spiritual sense.

Now those are just obvious things when you actually spend time with the Lord. When you do spend some time with Him it is obvious that you don't spend enough time with Him. When someone starts thinking of the Bible as the Word of God instead of Jesus, that too is what happens when you are not listening to Him. You know that because you yourself at times started thinking that you would follow the Bible, before you figured you messed up by doing that instead of seeking the voice of the Lord your God. All these things you figure out about yourself over time, and so you can easily see it in others too.

Ultimately you come more and more to the conclusion that it about Jesus Christ, and Him being the Word of God. So you tell people about Him!! If they consider what you say they will seek Him and get help, if they want to judge you as opposed to seeking Him, then they won't seek Him. It is there choice!

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
....the important stuff? Isn't that the things rattled on about? If it wasn't we wouldn't make such a big deal of it!

Luke 6:45 '.....out of the abundance of the heart the mouth/pen speaks'

What is your definition of the Important Stuff ?

Reactions: Karl Peters

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You have this very wrong!! It is ourselves!!! You, me, the next guy - we don't listen to the Lord like we should. The fact you are taking it person, means you are being convicted by the Holy Spirit, as we should all be!! That is what the Holy Spirit does, He convicts us of our sins and our sins are a direct result of not listening to our Lord!!!

Have you not read:

Heb 3:13 But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called “Today,” so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

Of course we think that all "encouragement" means saying we do things right, but that is not from the Lord!

Rev 3:19 ‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent.

In the Lord's prayer there is a part where we ask forgiveness, and we need it. If we think that we are not doing anything wrong then we are not going to try and get better. So Rev 3:19 is a daily thing, and the thing which gets all of us listening to Him.

Phil 3:12,13 Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,

Now you may think that because I point people to Jesus Christ and hearing Him, that means I always do that, but I don't think that! Indeed, I understand that part of the reason He has me tell people to listen to Him is to get me to listen to Him more. Now I usually hear from Him about a dozen times a day! That is horrible!!! He is with me all day. So while I usually get up in the morning and listen to Him a bit, then a litte later I sit down and prayer the Lord's prayer with a few extras and spend some more time listening to Him, and I will think about Him a few times more and He will also catch my attention a few more times, so I hear from Him via the small voice of His a dozen times a day, that is still horrible. Of course that is me, how about you???

I don't really need to know that, but you need to consider it, for yourself! Like I consider it for myself, everyday called "Today"

The thing is that if you were considering it everyday called "Today" you would not have responded like you did. You would responded like Paul and be pressing forward to what lies ahead; meaning what else He wants you to do! That results in practicing using your spiritual sense.

Now those are just obvious things when you actually spend time with the Lord. When you do spend some time with Him it is obvious that you don't spend enough time with Him. When someone starts thinking of the Bible as the Word of God instead of Jesus, that too is what happens when you are not listening to Him. You know that because you yourself at times started thinking that you would follow the Bible, before you figured you messed up by doing that instead of seeking the voice of the Lord your God. All these things you figure out about yourself over time, and so you can easily see it in others too.

Ultimately you come more and more to the conclusion that it about Jesus Christ, and Him being the Word of God. So you tell people about Him!! If they consider what you say they will seek Him and get help, if they want to judge you as opposed to seeking Him, then they won't seek Him. It is there choice!
Your second guessing and telling (preaching at) is all too obvious Karl. It holds no appeal!

Reactions: bbyrd009

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is your definition of the Important Stuff ?
'Important stuff' (subjectively) is what is rattled on about by the individual.
'Important stuff' (objectively) is the witness of Jesus. And what is that witness? Is it not how God is!
Will not those who have God's Spirit bear witness to the same?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Important stuff' (objectively) is the witness of Jesus. And what is that witness? Is it not how God is!

It is not "how God is" - but rather it is "that God is"!!

That is why when Moses asked God who should he say sent him, and God answered "I Am who I Am"

Ex 3:14 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM”; and He said, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.'”

And this misunderstanding that is it not "how God is", but rather "that God is' is why we Christians have problems!!

We keep wanting to tell people "how God is" instead of telling them "that God is" - so people trying to make it about their own understanding of God instead of actually seeking God!!

Understanding that difference comes from actually seeking the Lord our God (Jesus Christ), who has always been the Word of God (the One who spoke to Moses) and thus who is the "I AM"!! That is to say that when you actually seeking Jesus Christ in order to hear from Him (which takes fath that He is there with us at all times) you wind up finding Him! When you wind up finding Him, you hear from Him. When you hear from Him that gives you the faith in Him (being there with you), the Great I Am!

Rom 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

But going after "how God is" results in a person reading and studying the Bible (what others said about Him) and then leaning on their own understanding to figure out "how God is." That is just leaning on your own understanding, and is not leaning on a relationship with the Lord your God (Jesus Chrsit)

Prov 3:5,6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.

We read all this information in the Scriptures, but we still can't understand untill we actually spend time hearing what He has to say to us! The fact is that His thoughts are not (ever) your thoughts!!! As high as the heavens are above the earth, so are His thoughts above your thoughts!! And so the only way to get His thoughts are to listen to Him - you can't figure His thoughts out using you very best thinking!!! You have to just spend time listening to Him - and doing that you discover that you are not God - not even close to being as smart as God - the Jesus Christ is the Word of God and even God. So Jesus Christ has the thinking of God because He has the words of God!

Ok - I go long in explaining this, but this is all extremely obvious, so why don't we want to listen to the Great I AM (Jesus Christ)! I should just be able to tell someone that God (Jesus Christ) is there with them to be heard from - so just seek Him by that faith that He is there always, and you will find Him. Yet instead of just seeking Him we want to go back to considering 'how God is" as if we could ever figure that out!!!! And to figure out that you can't know 'how God is' you have to first figure out 'that God is'.

He will talk to you, and you will start to get an idea that you can't figure out 'how God is'.

So hear is a testimony that might help - One morning I was walking and talking with the Lord. The moon could be seen in front of me as I walked. The Lord pointed out that to me, that I was walking toward the moon. As I remember, He saying to me, "Karl, Do you see how you are walking toward the moon? So, you are trying to get closer to the moon. It is like trying to get closer to Me and My understanding. Yes, you can walk towards Me and I will talk to you, and you will get closer, but you will never reach Me and My understanding. Even the amount closer you get to Me by listening to Me still leaves you on earth, while I am in the heavens."

So why does someone think it is about figuring out "how God is"??? Obviously, they have not spent a lot of time actually listening to Him. So how can I explain to them that they actually need to spend time seeking Him and listening to Him? Can I just say - "Listen to the Lord", because He is always there? Can I explain that His thoughts are not our thoughts (ever)? Can I point out that He is God was we are people, thinking they would understand that difference would explain they have to seek Him? Can I use Scriptures pointing out that He is there and His thoughts are not their thoughts? Can I give a testimony about how we can figure out Him by using our best thinking?

I try it all, because it is very important that they believe in Him (Jesus Christ who is the Word of God) and stop just leaning on their own understanding! Faith in Him is the "important stuff"!!!!!!! TRULY, THE ONLY THING NEEDED IS THAT WE LISTEN TO HIM!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lota words Karl and I still don't have a clue what you're trying to say.
See if you can tell me your understanding of 'what God is' in a few words without going around the block to cross the street.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lota words Karl and I still don't have a clue what you're trying to say.
See if you can tell me your understanding of 'what God is' in a few words without going around the block to cross the street.

You discover who God is by listening to Him - you can't figure it out otherwise!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then what are all your words for?

So that you will seek His words.

When people don't listen to Him it shows up in what they say. Even the question as to what were all my words for shows you didn't read them or seek the Lord to listen to Him.

Do we not even realize that what we say shows how we are? So to know how God is you need to listen to Him. If you write "Yes, yes we all believe" and want to then talk about the important stuff, you already missed the important stuff - which is what God says to you personally! After all, you could have asked Him what all my words were for, and He would have explained to you, right.? But instead you sought me for an explanation instead of Him - what does that tell you about yourself? It should tell you that you are missing the important stuff - because He has the important stuff for us!!

Now I would really like to discuss the interesting things He does, like the miracles, gifts, the angels we see ascending and descending on Him, but that all comes from first seeking the important stuff - which is His words for us personally. How do you not understand this? But that is not unusually!! It is hard to find Christians who I can talk to about the Kingdom of God and the angels He sends, becaue too many don't yet understand that the words He speaks to us personally is the "important stuff". But to receive that you have to start listening to Him! And anyone who really spends some time talking back and forth with Him would know that!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once when talking to the Lord, He was asking me to do something for Him. I responded by asking what I was going to get if I did it.

He answered me, "Karl, many people want a reward for doing what I ask, but the words I give them are the reward!"

So I started to consider how is it that the words in the request He gave me could be considered the reward for doing what He asked. Then I remembered this verse:

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

And life is so much more than getting to heaven one day. If you do what He asked it makes your life interesting - you get the life more abundantly now and also eternal life!

I don't remember the instructions at that time, because He gives me so many instructions. Because of His instructions to me I have opened and run a Christian bookstore for a couple of year, been involved in a Christain healing ministry for five years, been in a hospital visitation ministry, and it is even because of His instructions that I write here. Because I listen to Him, it has made my life a life worth living.

So His words are the reward!!

But if you don't listen to Him you don't understand that. You miss out on the important stuff!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Once when talking to the Lord, He was asking me to do something for Him. I responded by asking what I was going to get if I did it.

He answered me, "Karl, many people want a reward for doing what I ask, but the words I give them are the reward!"

So I started to consider how is it that the words in the request He gave me could be considered the reward for doing what He asked. Then I remembered this verse:

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

And life is so much more than getting to heaven one day. If you do what He asked it makes your life interesting - you get the life more abundantly now and also eternal life!

I don't remember the instructions at that time, because He gives me so many instructions. Because of His instructions to me I have opened and run a Christian bookstore for a couple of year, been involved in a Christain healing ministry for five years, been in a hospital visitation ministry, and it is even because of His instructions that I write here. Because I listen to Him, it has made my life a life worth living.

So His words are the reward!!

But if you don't listen to Him you don't understand that. You miss out on the important stuff!
Dear Karl
With respect....all your yada yada reveals a high opinion of yourself, feigned humility.....and blame when questions are asked.....this is what I see/hear

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Karl
With respect....all your yada yada reveals a high opinion of yourself, feigned humility.....and blame when questions are asked.....this is what I see/hear

This is what silly - That I tell people we need to listen to Jesus Christ and they think I have a high opinion of myself.

The fact is that I have a high opinon of Jesus Christ, which of course is why I tell people about Him.

Of course that is obvious - that if you tell others they should seek Him it obviously means you think highly of Him and not yourself!

So how do they not understand the obvious - the answer is just as obvious - They don't actually believe He is there so as to think a person could seek Jesus Christ and hear words from Him in their spirit. So the only other conclusion they can reach is that when I tell people about listening to Jesus Christ, they think that I am actually telling people to listen to me.

So ironically they come back and give me their opinion. So it is not me who "feigned humility" but them.

Indeed, if any person is not telling others to seek Jesus Christ and listen to what He says, it is because they think they are smarter than God!!!

THINK ABOUT THAT A MOMENT!

If your general message does not involve turning people to Jesus Christ so they might find out what He thinks, then you message is from the pride in yourself!!!

Of course that takes us back to what is explained in the Bible, which is as you judge so shall you be judge.

And don't think that it is me who is going to judge you! The judgement that will come on you is simply whether you believe in Jesus Christ so that you turn to Him or not!!

Of course your message will show where you stand in that judgement that will come down from God, but maybe that message can be changed so that you too actually come to know Jesus Christ, so that your message too will be "Listen to Him" - Or as I previously explained:

So that you will seek His words.

"So that you seek His words is not a message my pride! Failure to understand our message to others as Christian - which is "seek His words" - is an indication you are living through your pride and not through a relationship with Jesus Christ.

Nobody has to listen to me!! After all, like a fool I do write too many words! But if you don't listen to Jesus Christ everyday called "Today", then you have fallen into that little spirit of pride!

Fortunately for me, God tends to use the foolish things of this world. Who else is going to keep trying with the words they write to put in this type of effort to turn people to Jesus Christ, and get them to believe in Him, so that they might hear from Him and be saved? Have I not just wasted all my words, time, and efforts in all the post in this thread, if someone doesn't start turning to hear from Him by faith? I am not so stupid as to think that I probably have been foolish in trying to actually get people to "seek His words".

But perhaps, one person will decide to throw away their pride and turn to the Lord Our God/ Jesus Christ, to listen to what He has to say!! And if the only person is me - so that I too turn back to Him and listen to Him, then I am helped. Yet in so doing that I was told over and over to keep telling others to seek Him and what He has to say to them. So I testify about Him, but who do they testify about - themselves?

Is 30:1“Woe to the rebellious children,” declares the LORD,
“Who execute a plan, but not Mine,
And make an alliance, but not of My Spirit,
In order to add sin to sin;

Is 30: 9 For this is a rebellious people, false sons,
Sons who refuse to listen
To the instruction of the LORD;

Is 30: 20,21 Although the Lord has given you bread of privation and water of oppression, He, your Teacher will no longer hide Himself, but your eyes will behold your Teacher. Your ears will hear a word behind you, “This is the way, walk in it,” whenever you turn to the right or to the left.

All day even starting in the middle of the night, I have been hearing from the Lord saying 'do this, go there' and so on. From the computer to the shower, to taking to my son, and back to the computer - even when to turn to the right of to the left. I testify about that, but if you think that means I am operating out of pride you are wrong. I am being led by word spoken to my spirit by my Lord (Jesus Christ) via His Holy Spirit. Do I still have some pride - oh yeah - but because I believe in Him I still seek Him to help me not operate by my pride - so that I will "execute a plan, but not Mine"

So that is how a Christian is to live!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
my guess is that they will have mostly stopped talking entirely lol

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah…”bearing witness” put me in mind of “testifying,” but maybe :)
Testifying????

Look through the thread and look for anyone actually testifying to the Lord and what He has said or done for them. Saying "Jesus" is not the same as saying "Jesus says".