Yes, yes, we all believe in Jesus; now let's get onto the important stuff!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verbal assent of believing in Jesus is quiet a different matter to trusting him Karl. Making all the 'right' noises hardly equates to faith.
To illustrate so a misconception of what I'm saying is avoided; many debate theology....and even correctly so yet this does not equate to faith in Jesus. Let's say we take Judas as an example? All the yada yada looked bone fide on the surface.....he even did miracles with the rest of the team.....but his heart was elsewhere or should I say 'divided'

Have we never read that what you hear whispered in your ear shout on the house tops??????

Maybe we read something about "by your testimony?

It is nice to sit quietly and just spend time talking to the Lord. I like to talk to Him in the car, the shower, and especially on walks. But perhpas in nosey places like the market or at work is actually a better place to listen to the Lord, because those are often the places where is it easiest to listen to the Lord.

Also, quiet thinking is not the same thing as actually listening to the Lord. Listening to Him means you get His thoughts and His thinking - so quiet thinking is really just leaning on your own understanding.

Theology is our understanding of God. We are not after "our' understanding of God but His understanding, period.

So it is that I turn people to Him, just like He asked me to. Yet people often tend to just go back to their own quiet thinking, thus believing in themselves and not Him.

The Lord once asked me if I thought Abraham or theologians had a better theology (understanding of Him). I answered the Lord saying, "I would think that Abraham had a better understanding because he actually walked and talked with You." He responded by saying, "So good theology is obtained by a relationship with Me,"

So accusing the saints is not the "right noise", but turning people to Him and telling them to listen to Him as the Word of God is.

So there is indeed a noise to boldly make!! There is a message to bring!!! And is goes something like:

"HEAR, O ISREAL" - BECAUSE THE LORD DOES SPEAK AND ASKED THOSE WHO KNOW HIM TO PREACH THE WORD OF GOD (HIM)!!

As for what "equates to faith" - it is hearing from Him, and hearing from Him winds up meaning you will tell others about Him, and not wisdom you come up with by your thinking!!

I remember walking with Him one day and Him telling me, "Karl, they say 'I know. I know' but who do they know?"

I had to laugh, because if a person brings a message suggesting they know then they don't know Him!!

In case you still don't understand. Faith that Christians talk about is a faith that Jesus Christ is there for us, and that means we can hear from Him. So, the message from the devil would be "doubt" and specifically a doubt that He is there for anyone. So the devil like to bring up the story of Judas, who doubted that Jesus was really there for them. Oh - we all battle with the dark spiritual forces of this world, Yet, this thread was on faith and perhaps there being more important things to get at. So who put Judas on your mind. Do you understand the battle?

Perhaps we people (all of us) need to spend less time wrapped up in our own thinking and more time actually listening to the Lord???

Again, If we did listen to Him, our message would be about listening to Him, and since we would find out it worked for us we would suggest that to others. It is so easy, but so hard to understand, because we don't listen to Him like we should! We would encourage others to listen to Him as opposed to trying to accuse them. Sometimes those things seems similar, but they are not. None of us (including me) listen to Him like we should, but His sheep hear His voice. Jesus explained that, and also that His words are spirit and are life.

So, concerning Judas, who didn't He hear from? Judas didn't listen the words of Jesus Christ which comes through the Holy Spirit!! He never did. I do. You will find words that He told me personally in many of the posts I make (like this one) I put them in to encourage others to seek the voice of the Lord, and actually to help them stop leaning on their own understanding! We need to practice listening to the Lord, and that is different than sitting in our little corner of the world thinking about what is right and wrong.

Heb 5:11 Concerning him we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
it might be fair to say that our first approach to Jesus is not very accurate—based upon the accounts where He was not recognized—and discovering Jesus might be an important thing?

although who is willing to contemplate, much less admit, that they may not have any idea who Jesus is? It was among His followers that He was not recognized, right?

Reactions: Karl Peters

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it might be fair to say that our first approach to Jesus is not very accurate—based upon the accounts where He was not recognized—and discovering Jesus might be an important thing?

although who is willing to contemplate, much less admit, that they may not have any idea who Jesus is? It was among His followers that He was not recognized, right?

I like the above post, but it should be noted that some did know Jesus Christ even though He was just a little kid!!!!

Luke 2:34 And Simeon blessed them and said to Mary His mother, “Behold, this Child is appointed for the fall and rise of many in Israel, and for a sign to be opposed—

Luke 2: 36-38 And there was a prophetess, Anna the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was advanced in [fn]years and had lived with her husband seven years after her marriage, .... At that very moment she came up and began giving thanks to God, and continued to speak of Him to all those who were looking for the redemption of Jerusalem.

You see that Simeon and Anna knew the Lord, who He was and what He was going to do!! They knew this because they listened to the Holy Spirit of God speaking to their spirit - and remember that the Holy Spirit does not speak on His own initiative but He takes the words of God which belong to Jesus Christ. So it was that they knew Jesus Christ even though He had just recently taken on flesh and appeared as a child in the flesh.

Now many studied the Scriptures as they were at that time, but only those who listened with the spiritual ears knew the Lord!!

We must hear by faith!! That is how we get to know Jesus Christ!!

So back to the OP. "Yes, Yes, we all believe in Jesus; now let's get to the important stuff" - Shouldn't that be interpreted to mean that if we now believe in Jesus, we need to get to listening to what He has to say to us via the Holy Spirit?

Anna and Simeon believe in the Christ and they got to hearing by faith - how about us?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I like the above post, but it should be noted that some did know Jesus Christ even though He was just a little kid!!!!

Luke 2:34 And Simeon blessed them and said to Mary His mother, “Behold, this Child is appointed for the fall and rise of many in Israel, and for a sign to be opposed—

Luke 2: 36-38 And there was a prophetess, Anna the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was advanced in [fn]years and had lived with her husband seven years after her marriage, .... At that very moment she came up and began giving thanks to God, and continued to speak of Him to all those who were looking for the redemption of Jerusalem.

You see that Simeon and Anna knew the Lord, who He was and what He was going to do!! They knew this because they listened to the Holy Spirit of God speaking to their spirit - and remember that the Holy Spirit does not speak on His own initiative but He takes the words of God which belong to Jesus Christ. So it was that they knew Jesus Christ even though He had just recently taken on flesh and appeared as a child in the flesh.

Now many studied the Scriptures as they were at that time, but only those who listened with the spiritual ears knew the Lord!!

We must hear by faith!! That is how we get to know Jesus Christ!!

So back to the OP. "Yes, Yes, we all believe in Jesus; now let's get to the important stuff" - Shouldn't that be interpreted to mean that if we now believe in Jesus, we need to get to listening to what He has to say to us via the Holy Spirit?

Anna and Simeon believe in the Christ and they got to hearing by faith - how about us?
ah well im sure that we all would like to assume we are in their place, ya; do that if you like :)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Have we never read that what you hear whispered in your ear shout on the house tops??????

Maybe we read something about "by your testimony?

It is nice to sit quietly and just spend time talking to the Lord. I like to talk to Him in the car, the shower, and especially on walks. But perhpas in nosey places like the market or at work is actually a better place to listen to the Lord, because those are often the places where is it easiest to listen to the Lord.

Also, quiet thinking is not the same thing as actually listening to the Lord. Listening to Him means you get His thoughts and His thinking - so quiet thinking is really just leaning on your own understanding.

Theology is our understanding of God. We are not after "our' understanding of God but His understanding, period.

So it is that I turn people to Him, just like He asked me to. Yet people often tend to just go back to their own quiet thinking, thus believing in themselves and not Him.

The Lord once asked me if I thought Abraham or theologians had a better theology (understanding of Him). I answered the Lord saying, "I would think that Abraham had a better understanding because he actually walked and talked with You." He responded by saying, "So good theology is obtained by a relationship with Me,"

So accusing the saints is not the "right noise", but turning people to Him and telling them to listen to Him as the Word of God is.

So there is indeed a noise to boldly make!! There is a message to bring!!! And is goes something like:

"HEAR, O ISREAL" - BECAUSE THE LORD DOES SPEAK AND ASKED THOSE WHO KNOW HIM TO PREACH THE WORD OF GOD (HIM)!!

As for what "equates to faith" - it is hearing from Him, and hearing from Him winds up meaning you will tell others about Him, and not wisdom you come up with by your thinking!!

I remember walking with Him one day and Him telling me, "Karl, they say 'I know. I know' but who do they know?"

I had to laugh, because if a person brings a message suggesting they know then they don't know Him!!

In case you still don't understand. Faith that Christians talk about is a faith that Jesus Christ is there for us, and that means we can hear from Him. So, the message from the devil would be "doubt" and specifically a doubt that He is there for anyone. So the devil like to bring up the story of Judas, who doubted that Jesus was really there for them. Oh - we all battle with the dark spiritual forces of this world, Yet, this thread was on faith and perhaps there being more important things to get at. So who put Judas on your mind. Do you understand the battle?

Perhaps we people (all of us) need to spend less time wrapped up in our own thinking and more time actually listening to the Lord???

Again, If we did listen to Him, our message would be about listening to Him, and since we would find out it worked for us we would suggest that to others. It is so easy, but so hard to understand, because we don't listen to Him like we should! We would encourage others to listen to Him as opposed to trying to accuse them. Sometimes those things seems similar, but they are not. None of us (including me) listen to Him like we should, but His sheep hear His voice. Jesus explained that, and also that His words are spirit and are life.

So, concerning Judas, who didn't He hear from? Judas didn't listen the words of Jesus Christ which comes through the Holy Spirit!! He never did. I do. You will find words that He told me personally in many of the posts I make (like this one) I put them in to encourage others to seek the voice of the Lord, and actually to help them stop leaning on their own understanding! We need to practice listening to the Lord, and that is different than sitting in our little corner of the world thinking about what is right and wrong.

Heb 5:11 Concerning him we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.
Interesting Karl ...I've got to know a lot about you....and a lot of advice. The question is, what have I learned about Jesus which would draw me to him?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting Karl ...I've got to know a lot about you....and a lot of advice. The question is, what have I learned about Jesus which would draw me to him?

He is Mighty God. He loves you. He is always there. And He speaks!!!

If we truly understand the above very short facts, then how can you not be drawn to Him?

So it is simply a matter of believing that Mighty God, as the Great I Am, is Love, so He wants to help you as the Wonderful Counselor and Father!

We might need to understand that God is spirit, so that we use our spiritual senses to listen to Him, but what else do you really need to know?

I mean could we all use some advice and teaching from God? Do we really think that we are smart and wiser than Him? Isn't His ways and His understanding better than ours? And to think that He is there as Love to give us counsel, teaching, and advice whenever we need and want. I don't see how any person can understand this and not be talking (listening) to Him numerous times each day?? I don't think you can.

Perhaps if a person was extremely rich and powerful, they might think they just don't need God. But even they are going to die in this flesh someday, so even if they had any wisdom in their head, they too would spend a little time becoming friends with Him, if they believed. And it is certianly not that He is not interesting to listen to! He says the most interesting things!

I was talking to Him about someone I ran across who seemed to think that thinking quietly to themselves was the thing to do. So, He gave me an interesting little proverb -

He said, "A person who doesn't talk to God but sits quietly thinking to himself is like a man with an empty refrigerator."

He went on to explain, "You can hear the motor quietly running, but it preserves nothing."

People - Jesus is the Word of God, the true manna that comes down from heaven! So you have to hear from Him to our daily bread! It is then wise to think about what He tells you so you might preserve some of what He told you, but if you are just leaning on, thinking on, your own understanding you have not preserved anything!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah well im sure that we all would like to assume we are in their place, ya; do that if you like :)

If you actually hearing from the Lord Jesus Christ you are not presuming you are believing in Him!!

That is why you made your mistake!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We like to say "Yes, Yes, we all believe..." but do we really believe?

I brought this up already. If we truly believe that Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior exists as the Great I Am, Word of God, and Might God, who is love, then we are going to seeking Him and listen to Him every day called "Today". All those who seek find, so it is that His sheep hear His voice. It is that small voice which speaks words to us.

If you have not already heard from Him "Today", then you need to question whether you really believe! You need to seek Him. Yet for the person you has already hear several things in the first couple of hours since getting up, there is no question as to whether you believe. You might check the spirit to make sure it was Him who was talking to you, but you also know from years of talking back and forth with Him that He is there with you always, like He said. So if you doubt then all you have to do is simply seek Him personally, saying something like, "Lord Jesus Christ did you just say ....? He will respond. Paul called that taking all thoughts captive to Jesus Christ. But believer already know this and practice this, right?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He is Mighty God. He loves you. He is always there. And He speaks!!!

If we truly understand the above very short facts, then how can you not be drawn to Him?

So it is simply a matter of believing that Mighty God, as the Great I Am, is Love, so He wants to help you as the Wonderful Counselor and Father!

We might need to understand that God is spirit, so that we use our spiritual senses to listen to Him, but what else do you really need to know?

I mean could we all use some advice and teaching from God? Do we really think that we are smart and wiser than Him? Isn't His ways and His understanding better than ours? And to think that He is there as Love to give us counsel, teaching, and advice whenever we need and want. I don't see how any person can understand this and not be talking (listening) to Him numerous times each day?? I don't think you can.

Perhaps if a person was extremely rich and powerful, they might think they just don't need God. But even they are going to die in this flesh someday, so even if they had any wisdom in their head, they too would spend a little time becoming friends with Him, if they believed. And it is certianly not that He is not interesting to listen to! He says the most interesting things!

I was talking to Him about someone I ran across who seemed to think that thinking quietly to themselves was the thing to do. So, He gave me an interesting little proverb -

He said, "A person who doesn't talk to God but sits quietly thinking to himself is like a man with an empty refrigerator."

He went on to explain, "You can hear the motor quietly running, but it preserves nothing."

People - Jesus is the Word of God, the true manna that comes down from heaven! So you have to hear from Him to our daily bread! It is then wise to think about what He tells you so you might preserve some of what He told you, but if you are just leaning on, thinking on, your own understanding you have not preserved anything!
did you fall in love with your wife because someone advised you how to?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
T

As for me, I pray the Lord's prayer every morning!!

Perhaps You should consider Praying your own prayer, as praying the same words over and over, is like twisting beads over and over.
Religious Jews pray the same words over and over, in a sort of Trance.

I realize that Jesus told the APOSTLES and other listeners, before the CROSS, to..."pray like this"... "Our Father"....
But, we should come to God with our own words, from our own heart..... thanksgiving first, then submit the needs.
Sometimes just praise God for His Son. Sometimes just praise the Son.
And sometimes....(shocking) dont Pray, but get the bible out instead and study and listen.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
....the important stuff? Isn't that the things rattled on about? If it wasn't we wouldn't make such a big deal of it!

Luke 6:45 '.....out of the abundance of the heart the mouth/pen speaks'
We believe in Jesus like Israel believed in God--not so good.

Which is certainly a start. But if we have not learned from Israel's mistakes...we are in for weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Ya, that's coming--unfortunately.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perhaps You should consider Praying your own prayer, as praying the same words over and over, is like twisting beads over and over.

I realize that Jesus told the APOSTLES and other listeners, before the CROSS, to..."pray like this"... "Our Father"....
But, we should come to God with our own words, from our own heart..... thanksgiving first, then submit the needs.
And sometimes....(shocking) dont Pray, but get the bible out instead and study and listen.
Could the basis of deception consist of when one thinks they have it so right they tell others what they should do....even how to do it?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
did you fall in love with your wife because someone advised you how to?

OH YES - YOU ASKED SO LET ME GIVE YOU THE TESTIMONY:

I was sitting in my favorite chair one day many years ago when the presence of God came powerfully into the room. If someone doesn't understand, let me just say that God can clearly make His presence felt if He wants. Sometimes if feels like fire, sometimes like fresh water, and sometimes it is like a strong awareness suddenly hits you. That was how it was that time - and I hear Him talking to me. He asked what I wanted. I thought about asking for a million souls for Him. I heard where a famous evangelist had once done that and that was why God made him a famous evangelist. I considered that and noted it to the Lord, but honestly what I really wanted was someone to spend the rest of my life with. So I told the Lord that, but since He asked I was not going to just leave the request like that.

I remembered the story in the Bible where a prophet gave a king the opportunity to show God about defeating his enemies. The king stuck with a stick, but the prophet reproved the king for not striking much more so the enemy would be defeated. It is better to not just pass up on this opportunity. So I gave the Lord a long list of requests about my future wife which I wanted.

I intentionally didn't include riches, because too much money can lead a person to forget about God. I didn't include great beauty but I did request that I find her attractive. Yet I did include that she must speak in tongues, because I sometimes go around the house praying in tongues and I didn't want her freaked out. Of course, I also included that she must also hear His voice and know Him. Yet I included some really strange requests. For example; I wanted someone to go places with at times. I live in Southern. California, so I decided to ask Him for someone whom I could take to Disneyland for the first time in their lives. Honestly, I don't know where you find someone living in Southern California who hasn't been to Disneyland at some point, but the was going to be His problem because I ask for that.

It was a couple of years later. I had was in church, a church that I loved and was well known at, but also I had been at another church doing something the Lord wanted me to do for about six months before that day. It turned out to be a weird day. Two things happened that day. The Lord pointed out a lady that was dancing in the front of the church and He asked me to tell her, "That she was a very important part of this ministry". I had never seen her before. Of course, the service was going on, so I would catch her after the service. Still another thing happened. The Lord gave me a vision about a lady who had gone up for prayer. In the vision I saw her running across a bridge that span a great gap. After she fan over the bridge fell and disappeared. That lady was sitting just behind and to the right of me with her husband.

After the service I turned to that lady and her husband and told them about the vision. She asked me if that meant she was going to die? No, He wouldn't do that to me, would he. I told her I didn't know but I didn't think so. It probably had something to do with get prophetic words. I saw her husband about a year later at my storage unit. He told me that she did die about a week later. My jaw dropped, and I started to apologize for the message I brought, but he stopped me. It turned out that the message was of great comfort to him, knowing that she had crossed over. God is weird, but back to my wife.

I had gotten so into explaining the vision to the one lady and her husband that I forget about the other lady I was supposed to tell her that she was a very important part of this ministry. Oh MY! I scanned the church and didn't see her any where until.... WOW she was standing right there next to me. It turns out that the Lord had told her that she was supposed to welcome me. That was funny, because except for the last few months I had been at that church for some years, and she had not been there then. So, I told her that she was a very important part of this ministry, like instructed, then she just started talking and talking.

I was standing there asking the Lord, "What are you up to!!" She was telling me that she was from the midwest, that she was getting her Masters Degree and was going to be a teacher, and that she was a security guard, and ....... she kept just going on. I was kind of looking up, because I kind of tend to do that when I think the Lord is up to something. The thing was, I didn't get a good look at her. I couldn't even remember what she looked like after she left.

I finally got a response from the Lord after she left. "Again, what are you up to Lord", I asked.

He responded, "Oh, you are going to marry her."

I was driving home thinking, 'I don't even know what she looks like!!'

And Him hooking us up together stayed as weird and that. A week later I was at the church and this lady I did know and knew was very prophetic, was sitting just a couple seats over. She never sat there. She always sat up front. Suddenly she throws her arms in the air, turns and looks at me, and exclaimed - "Oh you are going to get married!" I looked over at her thinking, 'Only God and I know that!!' The prophetic lady started to describe her perfectly. "She has curly dark hair and is kind of short." explained the prophetic lady. I smiled at her thinking, 'Ok Lord do you have to tell everyone'. I still couldn't remember what she looked like, and she wasn't there that week.

Let me just conclude by explaining that He did work it out. He even had a high school kid give her a prophet word about her getting married right before we meet. And it turned out that she used to live just a block away from Disneyland. She could see the park from her apartment, but she had never been there. That was where we spent our honeymoon.

If a person really gets to know the Lord, they will know He is weird. His thoughts are not your thoughts. But as high as the heaven is above the earth so are His thoughts higher than your thoughts. So, to know Him you actually have to get to know Him, spend time with Him, and find out that He is love, the Great I Am, and Mighty God, and King of kings, - and that all means that He cares for you and can work all things for good for you!

So back to the question: "did you fall in love with your wife because someone advised you how to?"

Yes Yes Yes - He not only advised me, talked to me, He also set it all up!!!!!

And PS - One of the pieces of advice He gave me concerning how to love her was - "Karl, tell her you love her everyday and you will love her everyday!"

So many marriages fall apart because the couples do not speak love into their marriages. God spoke things into existence. Speaking love into your relationship is extremely important if you want love in your relationship!!!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it was a mistake to point out that Jesus’ followers did not recognize Him, standing right beside them? hmm
He is with you are all times - are you writing 'presuming' as opposed to believing, because you make that mistake? Who is your 'point' for?

I find it interesting that those saying they are "believers" think others presume they can hear from the Lord. It goes to show they are not believers in the Lord, because He said that He stands at the door and knocks and if anyone hear His voice He will come into them. That is not a presumption, if you actually believe Him. That is a fact of life for a believer! And like He said, "Anyone" as in everyone is who He is standing there knocking with His voice for. The true believer believes that, opens the door and hear words from Him. Again, that is not a presumption, that is a belief in Him. The presumption is made by not believers who presume that others don't hear from Him because they don't. So we preach a message of faith in Jesus Christ to them.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So you think it better to lean on your own understanding the being obedient to our Lord Jesus Christ???

He said to pray the Lord's prayer!! That can be confirmed by just reading your Bible!! If you believed the Bible, you would prayer the Lord's prayer, and if you prayed the Lord's prayer you would come to actually know the Lord, would you not? It is a fantastic prayer, and since it is from the Lord it is better that any prayer you can come up with in your mind.

First a bit of recognition and praise to the Father ' Our Father who is in heaven Hallow be thy name' - then what you need desperately 'Thy Kingdom come'. Have we not read to seek first the Kingdom of God? Well the Lord's prayer does that. Of course you might want to pay attention because the Kingdom of God will come and the Lord is not slow to answer like you think. So you should be aware of angels from the Kingdom of God coming around you everyday, not to mention the King Himself (Jesus Christ). And if the Kingdom comes, and is does if you ask, then we can get to "Thy will be done on earth like in heaven." And to make us aware of His will for us personally we pray 'Give us this day our daily bread'. Jesus is the Word of God and the true manna that comes down from Heaven. So to do His will we need His words for us which are life to us!

Frankly I really don't like Satan's will getting done in this country. That would not be happening if all those who claim to be Christians were praying "Thy will be done" and were calling down the Kingdom of God every day to make sure that it was being done! So the problems we have in this country is not the politicians but rather God's people not doing what God asked, like praying the Lord's prayer! Whether we care to think of ourselves that way or not, we have been given the power of the Kingdom of God to get His will to be done on earth like in heaven, but we are just plain stubborn prideful people who even think our prayers are better that God's. So we must need to be praying 'lead me not into temptation but deliver me from evil'. We obviously need that because we can't even pray a simple prayer like instructed to!! We are tempted to pray as we want instead of as we are instructed, and so we fall into temptation and are taken captive by evil thoughts.

If we are going to keep from being taken captive by the dark evil spiritual forces of this world we are going to the power. the Kingdom, and the glory that is only available from God.

Oh, but we keep telling ourselves that we are smarter that God - We say to ourselves - 'I will pray what I think'! Did we not read anywhere in the Bible that we do not know how to pray like we should. My suggestion is that if you just can't get yourself to obey the Lord and pray the Lord's prayer when you get into the place with God, then at least start praying in the Spirit, because He, being smarter than you, and have you pray the Lord's prayer in tongues. You don't have to know what you are praying, and you don't have to know the best way to pray. You can just turn you voice over to the Holy Spirit, and He will take care of it. But you need to praise God, seek first thy Kingdom come, get your daily bread, not be lead into temptation, and be delivered from evil, and all that because God has the power and the Kingdom and the glory forever.

Personally, I just pray the Lord's prayer, and then add a few extras like praying for peace in Jerusalem, my enemies, leaders, and all those the Lord gives me to pray for. I pray the God we bless me indeed and expand my tent pegs. I also pray over my business. I pray for humility, because the Lord specifically told me to pray that because of how He was going to be using me. So even if I don't seem humble to you, I pray humility into my life, which might be why I pray His prayer first like instructed by Him. He is smarter than me. To not pray His prayer like instructed by Him is a sign of lacking humility, is it not? And then I also pray for the love of God, because I need all the help I can get to keep that 1st commandment. And to make sure I am not missing anything I pray that the Holy Spirit and the Son would continue to pray for those things I miss.

What amazes me, is finding all sorts of Christians telling me how they study the Bible and claim to listen to Him, but what they don't follow the instructions the studied, and they don't even pray for their daily bread! Don't they know that our daily bread is the words from our Lord that we are to live by? They would know that if they truly listened to Him whose name is called "The Word of God" and who explained that He was the manna that came down from heaven. He explained that His words are spirit and are life. That is what bread does, it gives you life, spiritually speaking. If you are not asking for His words, whose words are you getting??

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So you think it better to lean on your own understanding the being obedient to our Lord Jesus Christ???

The reality is.... that when a serious student of the word, studies Paul, and comes into the knowledge of real prayer and the power of real prayer.... this same won't be making any more rote prayers to God.

Now, read all the way to the end.. Karl Peters

.= """Pray without ceasing,” Paul said; “in everything give thanks: for this is the WILL OF GOD in Christ Jesus concerning you. """""

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
He is with you are all times - are you writing 'presuming' as opposed to believing, because you make that mistake?
what mistake are we talking about, Karl?

Who is your 'point' for?
anyone with ears to hear what point the Bible meant to make there

I find it interesting that those saying they are "believers" think others presume they can hear from the Lord.
”they” might be the first group or the second here, Karl, so id have to ask for a rephrase, sorry
It goes to show they are not believers in the Lord, because He said that He stands at the door and knocks and if anyone hear His voice He will come into them. That is not a presumption, if you actually believe Him. That is a fact of life for a believer! And like He said, "Anyone" as in everyone is who He is standing there knocking with His voice for. The true believer believes that, opens the door and hear words from Him. Again, that is not a presumption, that is a belief in Him. The presumption is made by not believers who presume that others don't hear from Him because they don't. So we preach a message of faith in Jesus Christ to them.
ok ty

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reality is.... that when a serious student of the word, studies Paul, and comes into the knowledge of real prayer and the power of real prayer.... this same won't be making any more rote prayers to God.

We are to "pray without ceasing"... So, are you doing that with your "our Father? No you are not.
So, you just want an audience, and you have little to offer them, other than a lot of sentences.

The serious study on the Word knows that Jesus Christ is the Word and the Teacher, so they listen to Him. He is a person - the Teacher - who you get to know, listen to, learn from, and so on. Pray - real prayer - is talking to Him!! So even the Lord's prayer is a conversation that you start with "The Everlasting Father - Him (See Is 9:6) And you continue by listening for His words back to you!!

It is not about studying Paul - it is about hearing from Him who Paul also heard from!!!

So it is that you think the Lord's prayer is a routine!! It is not! It is the beginning of a conversation, and the beginning you were instructed to use!!

The very fact that you wrote "a serious student of the word" as opposed to writing "a serious student of the Word" shows you don't understand the Jesus Christ is the Word because He talks to you, and it shows you don't understand the He is the Teacher! We don't study "Paul" but our Teacher (Jesus Christ) might have you study the writings that He had Paul write. When you understand what this then you will understand the real power of prayer!! The power of Prayer is indeed a real relationship between you and our Lord God, Jesus Christ. He is not your Lord if you do not do what He askes, is He. He asks that you pray to the Father in a manor He prescribed, but you are unwilling to do it. So it is that you study instead of listen, leaning on your own understanding instead of His.

Paul wrote to a group, the Romans, explaining this:

Rom 10:2 "For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge."
Do you not clearly have a zeal for God? It seems so, but is it in accordance with knowledge?

Rom 10:3" For not knowing about God’s righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God."
If I consider myself the teacher then I am the righteousness of God, not the Lord

Rom 10:4 "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes."
Did not Christ say to pray the Lord's prayer? Has He change? Do you not still need the things in the Lord's prayer everyday? So He wants you to come and ask for them. Is that too much, that He wants to ask. There is something written about you have not because you have not asked. Asking Him is the beginning of seeking Him, next you need to listen.

Rom 10:5 "For Moses writes that the man who practices the righteousness which is based on law shall live by that righteousness."
Asking Him, which is seeking Him, and then listening for His words is not part of the Law. but it was a command that even Moses passed down when Moses said "Hear, O Israel" Moses was always trying to get those who said, "Let not God speak to us" to change their minds and start seeking Him. Instead, those people wanted to study the words of others who listened to Him instead of listening to Him themselves!!

Rom 10:6-87 But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: “DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, ‘WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?’ (that is, to bring Christ down), or ‘WHO WILL DESCEND INTO THE ABYSS?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).” But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,

The word of faith we are preaching is Jesus Christ, mean He talks to you personally!! So does God change? If it is wise for you to seek Him and ask for certain things, then it is wise for you to seek Him and ask for certain things. If you ask for the Kingdom of God, then He sends it, but He wants us to ask so that we are aware and are looking for the Kingdom of God. Now you can't say the Kingdom of God is here or there, because the Kingdom of God is not of this world. But it is in our midst, so He can and does ministering spirits called angels. (Heb 1) So what have you heard from them lately? If you have not heard from them today, then perhaps you didn't ask for the Kingdom of God today?

And He is the manna from heaven, if you have not specifically heard from Him today, perhaps you didn't ask for your daily bread today? So the word of God we are preaching is not Paul that we should study Paul. It is not the Bible, but the Word of God is Jesus Christ. He is the Lord, but He is not your Lord if you are not getting your instructions from Him. Now I have to go, because He has been telling me I have something else to do. I have to bring a birthday cake to someone. That is what the Word of God, even my Teacher and Lord, has asked me to do. Bye!