You are a saint, not a sinner

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we are born again then Jesus tells us not to be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of our mind.
Romans 12
King James Version

12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Yes, we are heart, mind and body. Our heart and mind together is what becomes born again, also called spirit and soul and that part of us puts on immortality. That is our new nature, or the new man. The old man is the flesh, the carnal nature. The body has to wait until the resurrection to put on immortality. That is why the commandment is to Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and body (or strength), and Love your neighbor as yourself. There are other ways this is written:

heart, soul, mind
heart, soul, strength
heart, soul, mind and strength (interesting...Mark 12:30)
heart, soul, strength and mind (again four...Luke 10:27)

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Body, Soul & Spirit: Are All Born Again?

BY DONALD IBBITSON

Body%20Soul%20Spirit200.jpg

The declaration of 2 Corinthians 5:17, I believe, is one of the most misinterpreted in the bible: “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” Counselees we meet with have oft been told that they should not be struggling with some of their issues (maybe perversions, depression, addictions and so on) because they the old has gone! We need to understand that we are a new creation, but is a salvation-reality in part and a prophetic promise in part also!

Because of the sin of Adam, our spirit is born “dead” to God. We are not born in fellowship or connected to God. That is why Jesus Nicodemus in John 3:5, that in order to enter the kingdom of God he must be born again. In v.6,7 he says “Flesh gives birth to flesh and Spirit (the Holy Spirit) gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying that you must be born again”. Where your soul spends eternity after it departs is determined by your personal relationship to God (saved or unsaved). You are an eternal being. You determine your own destiny.

You Get A New Spirit Man
A believer’s spirit is “sealed” by the Holy Spirit and our call is now to become disciple and follower of Christ. This involves yielding our will (part of our mind function in the soul) to the Holy Spirit and allow His power to work through us to minister. The Holy Spirit will also transform us into the likeness of Christ, making us “new”, part of the prophetic promise. We also teach that deliverance ministry, gaining freedom from demonic strongholds in our soul, is an important part of this being-made-new process.

As part of the process, Jesus tells us in John 15 that we are to be fruit bearers as evidence of the Holy Spirit at work in us. In Galatians 5:22-23 we learn what the fruits are: love, joy,peace,patience,kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control.

In summary, when we receive Jesus as our Savior, we are “born again” and adopted into the Father’s family. We receive a new spirit… which is “right” with God but do not get a “born again” body or soul. The Holy Spirit dwells in our Spirit and is our Comforter, Encourager, Teacher and so much more! It is in the soul realm that our problems lie..we need to be transformed/ sanctified into the likeness of Christ and we need to be delivered from demonic torment that exists there!

"born again" also has to to with eternal life, or immortality. Our "body" doesn't put on immortality until the resurrection.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are a saint, not a sinner
Since I do not watch posted videos, I cannot comment on the video. However I can comment on the title.

1. It is perfectly true that all sinners who have been redeemed by God and washed in the blood of the Lamb are "saints" (sanctified ones).

2. It is also perfectly true that "the flesh" (the old Adamic nature) is not automatically eradicated upon conversion.

3. It is also perfectly true that God gives His children a new heart, a new spirit, and a new birth, so that the children of God will focus on righteousness and hate sin.

4. But it is also perfectly true that all the saints are still in their mortal bodies, therefore none will be sinlessly perfect. Which means that the saints can and do sin, but continue to remain saints (see First Corinthians for more details).

5. Therefore God has told His children to stop deceiving themselves, or making God a liar, by claiming that they have no sins. At the same time God has provided a way to deal with present sins. See the first epistle of John.

Reactions: Debp

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't call anybody who still lived in this mortal body as saint, because everybody are still have the same struggle to overcome sins who lived in this mortal body. Nobody is overcoming sins when are still lived inside the mortal body, because Noah himself was making a sins after being saved from the great flood; the great flood is the sign of revival of Noah which delivered out from evil environment of the giants.

2 Corinthians 4:7-14 (BBE)
7. But we have this wealth in vessels of earth, so that it may be seen that the power comes not from us but from God;
8. Troubles are round us on every side, but we are not shut in; things are hard for us, but we see a way out of them;
9. We are cruelly attacked, but not without hope; we are made low, but we are not without help;
10. In our bodies there is ever the mark of the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may be seen in our bodies.
11. For, while living, we are still being given up to death because of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may be seen in our flesh, though it is under the power of death.
12. So then, death is working in us, but life in you.
13. But having the same spirit of faith, as it is said in the Writings, The words of my mouth came from the faith in my heart; in the same way, our words are the outcome of our faith;
14. Because we are certain that he who made the Lord Jesus come back from the dead, will do the same for us, and will give us a place in his glory with you.

2 Corinthians 5:1-10 (NET)
1. For we know that if our earthly house, the tent we live in, is dismantled, we have a building from God, a house not built by human hands, that is eternal in the heavens.
2. For in this earthly house we groan, because we desire to put on our heavenly dwelling,
3. if indeed, after we have put on our heavenly house, we will not be found naked.
4. For we groan while we are in this tent, since we are weighed down, because we do not want to be unclothed, but clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.
5. Now the one who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave us the Spirit as a down payment.
6. Therefore we are always full of courage, and we know that as long as we are alive here on earth we are absent from the Lord
7. for we live by faith, not by sight.
8. Thus we are full of courage and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.
9. So then whether we are alive or away, we make it our ambition to please him.
10. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be paid back according to what he has done while in the body, whether good or evil.

God declares us saints- who is anybody to say we arew not!

He has declared us saints, seated usa in heavenly places, hidden us in Christ amongst other things. Now He is making us in practice what Hew has declared us to be in position!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think thru sanctification one can become immortal like

Welcome to the forums.

I believe when we repent and are cleansed of all unrighteousness as in Acts of the Apostles 2:38 and 1 John 1:9, we receive the gift of the Holy Spirit to dwell inside us, making us dead to sin and have lost sin's grip on us. So justification (cleansed of all past sins 2 Peter 1:9) and are sanctified (being set apart for good works) - past tense, Hebrews 10:29.

The life-long "process" most in the church attribute to "sanctification" and the process of overcoming sin (false) is actually "glorification," partaking of the divine nature of Christ 2 Peter 1:2-4; Romans 8:29-30, and becoming more and more like Him 2 Peter 1:5-11.

(Tip to you as a new member. When typing out a text, type the full name of the book so others can mouse over to the text (that gets automatically underlined by the system and linked to the Bible), so it will come up. And remember to not just type Acts, but the full name Acts of the Apostles.)

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 1:8-9 (NKJV)
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John included himself "If WE confess OUR SINS". I think John was as much a saint as anyone here.

Last edited:

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All God's saints are righteous. A saint is just people who done noble acts

All true believers, that is born again believers, are considered saints.

When we speak of being a saint, it is because of our position in Christ. Notice the following verses:

To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours 1 Corinthians 1:2

But Ananias answered, "Lord, many people have told me about this man and all the harm he has done to Your saints in Jerusalem. Acts 9:13

As Peter traveled throughout the area, he went to visit the saints in Lydda. Acts 9:32

Oct 30, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All true believers, that is born again believers, are considered saints.

When we speak of being a saint, it is because of our position in Christ. Notice the following verses:

To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours 1 Corinthians 1:2

But Ananias answered, "Lord, many people have told me about this man and all the harm he has done to Your saints in Jerusalem. Acts 9:13

As Peter traveled throughout the area, he went to visit the saints in Lydda. Acts 9:32
A believer is a believer

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
All the born again are Saints.
Some people do not understand what becomes born again, so I go along with Peter and call it our nature. We are born with a sin nature (carnal flesh), but our nature becomes reborn and then it can partake of the divine nature of God. 2 Peter 1:2-4

God is A Spirit.
So, His "Divine Nature" is Spiritual.
So, when we are born again, we become a part of the Divine Spiritual, and it becomes who we are "in Christ".
When we are born again, we have become "ONE" with God and Christ.... spiritually, as its our Spirit that is Born again INTO the Spirit of God.
We exist there, Spiritually. Eternally.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All the born again are Saints.

God is A Spirit.
So, His "Divine Nature" is Spiritual.
So, when we are born again, we become a part of the Divine Spiritual, and it becomes who we are "in Christ".
When we are born again, we have become "ONE" with God and Christ.... spiritually, as its our Spirit that is Born again INTO the Spirit of God.
We exist there, Spiritually. Eternally.

Anyone professing to be a Christian, but whose nature they feed is still carnal, are not born again.

Reactions: WaterSong

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Anyone professing to be a Christian, but whose nature they feed is still carnal, are not born again.

Christianity is not a feeling.
Feelings can be lies, can be fake, can be both.

So, every believer has feelings that are not related to God's perspective.
This is just the fact of being human, tho, born again.
We much overcome our feelings and learn to live inside Right Believing.
Bottom line...

What we are to do, is to align our minds with God's perspective, regarding how HE See's us, as ALWAYS= '"in Christ".
When is a born again Saint not "in Christ".??
A.) Never.
We are ALWAYS "in Christ".......always.
Once we get there in our personal theology as well....., then we are in position to receive more Light from God.
But until you get that first Ray, that first Reveal, then you are just guessing while trying to sound spiritual.

Coming into mental/faith alignment with God's perspective regarding being "in Christ" = is the first Light that God will give you.
And as long as a believer feels that they can lose their salvation, or that salvation is based on water , wine and a cookie, or Mary.... or that salvation is all a big part of self effort, then they have not yet been able to receive the first Light.
Its self righteousness that denies God's Light it due entrance into a Believer.
Solve that, and Light will come.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Love that! "We are a saint who sometimes sins...." Truth! Amen
People are not "born short of the glory of God." They "sin and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).

If you are born again, you are "ONE" with God..
There are no "sinner's found there.....only SONS, and SAINTS and The REDEEMED.

Paul said "it is not I who live, but CHRIST who lives in me"..
That is Paul the Saint, agreeing with being "ONE" with God "In Christ".

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Quote not withstanding, I believe you responded to the wrong person there. I do not believe nor have I ever stated we are sinners.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The problem with what you have taught in the past, is that you believe there is no change in your actions. You are a saint in the eyes of God, even though you act like a sinner. FALSE!!! God changes our nature from that of a sinner to that of a saint. No one who still willfully sins has been born again, because the change in our nature to partake of the divine nature is what it means to be born again. And we MUST be born again to belong to Christ.

Reactions: WaterSong