You are a saint, not a sinner

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a Forgiven Sinner. :)

Glory to God,
Taken

cc: @Debp

Jesus said, The truth will set you free. You are not telling yourself the truth. Study the rest of the verses all the way through verse 36, not what just comes up when you mouse over this. John 8:32-36.

A sinner is a slave to sin, so you can't be a sinner if you have been cleansed of all your sin, and don't sin any longer, because you've received the empowering Spirit. If you continue to sin, then you are still a slave to sin. Jesus wants to call you a child of God. So which truth are you going to declare. Because you can't be a sinner and a child of God.

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
Don't call anybody who still lived in this mortal body as saint, because everybody are still have the same struggle to overcome sins who lived in this mortal body. Nobody is overcoming sins when are still lived inside the mortal body, because Noah himself was making a sins after being saved from the great flood; the great flood is the sign of revival of Noah which delivered out from evil environment of the giants.

2 Corinthians 4:7-14 (BBE)
7. But we have this wealth in vessels of earth, so that it may be seen that the power comes not from us but from God;
8. Troubles are round us on every side, but we are not shut in; things are hard for us, but we see a way out of them;
9. We are cruelly attacked, but not without hope; we are made low, but we are not without help;
10. In our bodies there is ever the mark of the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may be seen in our bodies.
11. For, while living, we are still being given up to death because of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may be seen in our flesh, though it is under the power of death.
12. So then, death is working in us, but life in you.
13. But having the same spirit of faith, as it is said in the Writings, The words of my mouth came from the faith in my heart; in the same way, our words are the outcome of our faith;
14. Because we are certain that he who made the Lord Jesus come back from the dead, will do the same for us, and will give us a place in his glory with you.

2 Corinthians 5:1-10 (NET)
1. For we know that if our earthly house, the tent we live in, is dismantled, we have a building from God, a house not built by human hands, that is eternal in the heavens.
2. For in this earthly house we groan, because we desire to put on our heavenly dwelling,
3. if indeed, after we have put on our heavenly house, we will not be found naked.
4. For we groan while we are in this tent, since we are weighed down, because we do not want to be unclothed, but clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.
5. Now the one who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave us the Spirit as a down payment.
6. Therefore we are always full of courage, and we know that as long as we are alive here on earth we are absent from the Lord
7. for we live by faith, not by sight.
8. Thus we are full of courage and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.
9. So then whether we are alive or away, we make it our ambition to please him.
10. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be paid back according to what he has done while in the body, whether good or evil.

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
Angels sinned and they have no mortal body (2 Peter 2:4). Satan and his angels were in heaven.
That's the difference between mankind and angels, angels were created without mortal body that's why when they were doing sin were trown out of heaven. But mankind are created with mortal body, that's why all mankind must be put to death before becoming angels.

Look at these verses :
Matthew 22:23-33 (NET)
23. The same day Sadducees (who say there is no resurrection) came to him and asked him,
24. “Teacher, Moses said, ‘If a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and father children for his brother.’
25. Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children he left his wife to his brother.
26. The second did the same, and the third, down to the seventh.
27. Last of all, the woman died.
28. In the resurrection, therefore, whose wife of the seven will she be? For they all had married her.”
29. Jesus answered them, “You are deceived, because you don’t know the scriptures or the power of God.
30. For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.
31. Now as for the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was spoken to you by God,
33. ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead but of the living!”
When the crowds heard this, they were amazed at his teaching

Are you one of the children of God or the children of the world, because the children of the world always sued others into hell & they always like to kill others by seeking one another sins.

John 8:44
You people are from your father the devil, and you want to do what your father desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not uphold the truth, because there is no truth in him. Whenever he lies, he speaks according to his own nature, because he is a liar and the father of lies.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't call anybody who still lived in this mortal body as saint,

When we speak of being a saint, it is because of our position or legal standing in Christ. When we are born again into the family of God, we are sanctified through Christ. We become saints.

To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours 1 Corinthians 1:2

But Ananias answered, "Lord, many people have told me about this man and all the harm he has done to Your saints in Jerusalem. Acts 9:13

As Peter traveled throughout the area, he went to visit the saints in Lydda. Acts 9:32

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't call anybody who still lived in this mortal body as saint, because everybody are still have the same struggle to overcome sins who lived in this mortal body. Nobody is overcoming sins when are still lived inside the mortal body, because Noah himself was making a sins after being saved from the great flood; the great flood is the sign of revival of Noah which delivered out from evil environment of the giants.

2 Corinthians 4:7-14 (BBE)
7. But we have this wealth in vessels of earth, so that it may be seen that the power comes not from us but from God;
8. Troubles are round us on every side, but we are not shut in; things are hard for us, but we see a way out of them;
9. We are cruelly attacked, but not without hope; we are made low, but we are not without help;
10. In our bodies there is ever the mark of the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may be seen in our bodies.
11. For, while living, we are still being given up to death because of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may be seen in our flesh, though it is under the power of death.
12. So then, death is working in us, but life in you.
13. But having the same spirit of faith, as it is said in the Writings, The words of my mouth came from the faith in my heart; in the same way, our words are the outcome of our faith;
14. Because we are certain that he who made the Lord Jesus come back from the dead, will do the same for us, and will give us a place in his glory with you.

2 Corinthians 5:1-10 (NET)
1. For we know that if our earthly house, the tent we live in, is dismantled, we have a building from God, a house not built by human hands, that is eternal in the heavens.
2. For in this earthly house we groan, because we desire to put on our heavenly dwelling,
3. if indeed, after we have put on our heavenly house, we will not be found naked.
4. For we groan while we are in this tent, since we are weighed down, because we do not want to be unclothed, but clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.
5. Now the one who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave us the Spirit as a down payment.
6. Therefore we are always full of courage, and we know that as long as we are alive here on earth we are absent from the Lord
7. for we live by faith, not by sight.
8. Thus we are full of courage and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.
9. So then whether we are alive or away, we make it our ambition to please him.
10. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may be paid back according to what he has done while in the body, whether good or evil.

Paul was not talking about the struggle with sin. They were being martyred.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
cc: @Debp

Jesus said, The truth will set you free. You are not telling yourself the truth. Study the rest of the verses all the way through verse 36, not what just comes up when you mouse over this. John 8:32-36.

Uh huh.
I was naturally born in sin.
I naturally committed sin.
My Natural body still exists.

Guess what, my Natural Body Still "Has" Sin!
It will CONTINUE TO "HAVE" Sin...UNTIL my Body is RAISED, IN Glory, UNCorrupted...
SINLESS.

1 John 1:
[8] If we say that we HAVE no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

A sinner is a slave to sin, so you can't be a sinner if you have been cleansed of all your sin, and don't sin any longer, because you've received the empowering Spirit.

An UNSaved Sinner is a Slave to Sin.
Here's the MYSTERY you miss...
Between Natural & Spiritual...

1) My Natural Bodys Life IS Blood,
My Natural Body is Still Living,
My Natural Life (Blood) is still Living,
My Natural Body, IS Forgiven ...IS Covered...
IS Free From Sin...IS NOT Naturally SINLESS.

2) Spiritually, MY Body is Dead.
Spiritually, My Body's Life (Blood) is Dead.
Spiritually, My Body is Cleansed.
Spiritually, My Body is Sanctified.
Spiritually, My Body is Annointed.
Spiritually, My Body IS Justified ...
TO BE Raised "SINLESS"

If you continue to sin,

Not an Option for me!
Already revealed, I am Converted IN Christ.
Already revealed, I can not Naturally or Spiritually Commit Sin.

Because you can't be a sinner and a child of God.

Well- disagree.
"Being" a Sinner...IS Not the Same thing AS "Committing" a Sin.

My Natural Body was born in sin...

• My Spiritual Body IS Born Without Sin...
"but that IS Foreknown knowledge, an individual Trusts the Knowledge to Be True".

But the Fact is: that has NOT come into fruition...YET...until the Day a person's Body is Raised UP...

Has your Natural Body Physically Died and Been Raised up in A Sinnless Body of Glory?

My has Not. "YET".

As a matter of Fact...Jesus has Given His Dead and Raised Up IN Glory Body, TO me to Live IN, Spiritually...until MY Physical body IS Physically Dead and Physically Bodily Raised UP in Glory.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: mailmandan

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh huh.
I was naturally born in sin.
I naturally committed sin.
My Natural body still exists.

Guess what, my Natural Body Still "Has" Sin!
It will CONTINUE TO "HAVE" Sin...UNTIL my Body is RAISED, IN Glory, UNCorrupted...
SINLESS.

1 John 1:
[8] If we say that we HAVE no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

An UNSaved Sinner is a Slave to Sin.
Here's the MYSTERY you miss...
Between Natural & Spiritual...

1) My Natural Bodys Life IS Blood,
My Natural Body is Still Living,
My Natural Life (Blood) is still Living,
My Natural Body, IS Forgiven ...IS Covered...
IS Free From Sin...IS NOT Naturally SINLESS.

2) Spiritually, MY Body is Dead.
Spiritually, My Body's Life (Blood) is Dead.
Spiritually, My Body is Cleansed.
Spiritually, My Body is Sanctified.
Spiritually, My Body is Annointed.
Spiritually, My Body IS Justified ...
TO BE Raised "SINLESS"

Not an Option for me!
Already revealed, I am Converted IN Christ.
Already revealed, I can not Naturally or Spiritually Commit Sin.

Well- disagree.
"Being" a Sinner...IS Not the Same thing AS "Committing" a Sin.

My Natural Body was born in sin...

• My Spiritual Body IS Born Without Sin...
"but that IS Foreknown knowledge, an individual Trusts the Knowledge to Be True".

But the Fact is: that has NOT come into fruition...YET...until the Day a person's Body is Raised UP...

Has your Natural Body Physically Died and Been Raised up in A Sinnless Body of Glory?

My has Not. "YET".

As a matter of Fact...Jesus has Given His Dead and Raised Up IN Glory Body, TO me to Live IN, Spiritually...until MY Physical body IS Physically Dead and Physically Bodily Raised UP in Glory.

Glory to God,
Taken

The only way your "natural" body still has sin is if you are still feeding it. In other words, choosing to sin willfully.

15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! 16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A Saint is a sinner that keeps trying.
St. Josemaria Escriva

Can we finish the race?

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith

All you Holy Saints and Martyrs,
Pray for us!

Peace be with you!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Saint is a sinner that keeps trying.
St. Josemaria Escriva

Can we finish the race?

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith

All you Holy Saints and Martyrs,
Pray for us!

Peace be with you!

Hebrews 12:1 doesn't mean that we WILL succumb to sin. Only that there are temptations on every side, but God always provides a way of escape. So let us choose righteousness and run the race before us resisting the devil, so he won't touch us. 1 John 5:18 and verses in James.

We are either sinners or children of God. We can't be both at the end. Revelation 22:11

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you sin you are a sinner...sinning is what makes us a sinner
No....we are born sinners without ever having known the difference between good and evil as a newborn...we remain sinners in the flesh because the flesh is forever cursed and corrupted because of Adam...but we can become reborn of His Spirit through the gift of salvation....our spirit then becomes the righteousness of God through Christ Jesus....FLESH=Sinful nature of man, is corrupted, wars against the Spirit daily, dies and returns to dust: Spirit=born again spirit by His Spirit, adopted sons and daughters of God, righteousness of God through Jesus, is eternal and when it leaves the body returns to God who gave it.

Reactions: Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only way your "natural" body still has sin is if you are still feeding it. In other words, choosing to sin willfully.

Disagree. My Natural Body Still HAS Sin... Forgiven Sin! Covered Sin!

Feeding my natural Body Sin?

No ... My Natural Body, Ears, hears sinful things and Rejects it, Sees sinful things and Rejects it.
So no, I am not feeding on Sin.

And no I am Not In my Natural Body Committing Sin.

15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! 16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?

Why quote me about Committing Sin?
I am free from the ability to Commit Sin.

Do you not understand the difference between;
Having Forgiven Sin?
Having Unforgiven Sin?
Having Covered Forgiven Sin?
Having Uncovered Unforgiven Sin?
Committing Sin?
Not Committing Sin?
Free to Commit Sin?
Free From ability to Commit Sin?
Physical Death?
Spiritual Death?

Taken

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Disagree. My Natural Body Still HAS Sin... Forgiven Sin! Covered Sin!

Feeding my natural Body Sin?

No ... My Natural Body, Ears, hears sinful things and Rejects it, Sees sinful things and Rejects it.
So no, I am not feeding on Sin.

And no I am Not In my Natural Body Committing Sin.

Why quote me about Committing Sin?
I am free from the ability to Commit Sin.

Do you not understand the difference between;
Having Forgiven Sin?
Having Unforgiven Sin?
Having Covered Forgiven Sin?
Having Uncovered Unforgiven Sin?
Committing Sin?
Not Committing Sin?
Free to Commit Sin?
Free From ability to Commit Sin?
Physical Death?
Spiritual Death?

Taken

I see our body as a shell. It will die because of Adam's sin, but without our carnal nature, our body can't sin. It is our nature that pulls the strings, and our body is the puppet. That is why it is imperative that our nature is reborn so that we are partakers of the divine nature and no longer sinners, but children of God. John 8:34-36; 1 John 3:1

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No....we are born sinners without ever having known the difference between good and evil as a newborn...we remain sinners in the flesh because the flesh is forever cursed and corrupted because of Adam...but we can become reborn of His Spirit through the gift of salvation....our spirit then becomes the righteousness of God through Christ Jesus....FLESH=Sinful nature of man, is corrupted, wars against the Spirit daily, dies and returns to dust: Spirit=born again spirit by His Spirit, adopted sons and daughters of God, righteousness of God through Jesus, is eternal and when it leaves the body returns to God who gave it.

Some people do not understand what becomes born again, so I go along with Peter and call it our nature. We are born with a sin nature (carnal flesh), but our nature becomes reborn and then it can partake of the divine nature of God. 2 Peter 1:2-4

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people do not understand what becomes born again, so I go along with Peter and call it our nature. We are born with a sin nature (carnal flesh), but our nature becomes reborn and then it can partake of the divine nature of God. 2 Peter 1:2-4
When we are born again then Jesus tells us not to be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of our mind.
Romans 12
King James Version

12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Body, Soul & Spirit: Are All Born Again?

BY DONALD IBBITSON

Body%20Soul%20Spirit200.jpg

The declaration of 2 Corinthians 5:17, I believe, is one of the most misinterpreted in the bible: “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” Counselees we meet with have oft been told that they should not be struggling with some of their issues (maybe perversions, depression, addictions and so on) because they the old has gone! We need to understand that we are a new creation, but is a salvation-reality in part and a prophetic promise in part also!

Because of the sin of Adam, our spirit is born “dead” to God. We are not born in fellowship or connected to God. That is why Jesus Nicodemus in John 3:5, that in order to enter the kingdom of God he must be born again. In v.6,7 he says “Flesh gives birth to flesh and Spirit (the Holy Spirit) gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying that you must be born again”. Where your soul spends eternity after it departs is determined by your personal relationship to God (saved or unsaved). You are an eternal being. You determine your own destiny.

You Get A New Spirit Man
A believer’s spirit is “sealed” by the Holy Spirit and our call is now to become disciple and follower of Christ. This involves yielding our will (part of our mind function in the soul) to the Holy Spirit and allow His power to work through us to minister. The Holy Spirit will also transform us into the likeness of Christ, making us “new”, part of the prophetic promise. We also teach that deliverance ministry, gaining freedom from demonic strongholds in our soul, is an important part of this being-made-new process.

As part of the process, Jesus tells us in John 15 that we are to be fruit bearers as evidence of the Holy Spirit at work in us. In Galatians 5:22-23 we learn what the fruits are: love, joy,peace,patience,kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control.

In summary, when we receive Jesus as our Savior, we are “born again” and adopted into the Father’s family. We receive a new spirit… which is “right” with God but do not get a “born again” body or soul. The Holy Spirit dwells in our Spirit and is our Comforter, Encourager, Teacher and so much more! It is in the soul realm that our problems lie..we need to be transformed/ sanctified into the likeness of Christ and we need to be delivered from demonic torment that exists there!