You can have "ALL" God wants you to have!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Get real!!! God blessed old Job and Abraham with great prosperity too!!! And you??
So then seek your material riches, but remember to always hold fast to your love of truth, for without it what do you have but delusion?

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie" II Thess 2:10-11

Delusion is always very close to every one of us who is not always walking in the Spirit. For many it may indeed, unbeknownst to them, be where they are as they proclaim their own salvation along with their earthly material riches. Where and what is our reasonable service?

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." Rom 12:1

And your neighbor, are you providing for his needs above even your own needs? As your material wealth increases are you making sure that he is living at least as well in this world as you are?

"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves." Phil 2:3

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
ROFL! Jesse's life and prosperity are proof but you have what you use your faith to believe for.
Jesse's life shows if you sell a story invest literally in me and God will give you back more, you will be very rich from all the people giving you money, because you are selling a wishing well.

Of course the more people who believe and the richer they are, the richer you become. And in one of the richest countries in the world, just, it is possible to do this. But china, a communist party run country is almost as successful denying God and persecuting the church. So this whole prosperity to those that believe seems more like, prosperity to those who can sell the biggest get rich quick schemes.

Last edited:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those that do not believe God's Word on healing, prosperity, joy can expect little!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those that do not believe God's Word on healing, prosperity, joy can expect little!
How much did Stephen [Acts 6:8-7:60] expect in this society of men before they stoned him to death? How much did he receive before they stoned him to death?

It is not evil to hope for or ask for or receive material blessings so long as that is not our primary focus.

The rich young man who came to Jesus wanting to inherit eternal life cared too much for his material possessions [Luke 18:18ff]. God may not ask every man rich in material things to sell it all and give it away, but everyone needs to be willing to do whatever God asks of him. If we are asked and instead of complying, we walk away from God, so that we can live in comfort and ease in this world until they shovel the dirt on our faces, what more should we expect from God? We chose our reward here and now! Have you talked to God about this... or are you simply reaching for a blessing without being willing to give Him all?

Reactions: Nancy

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!!! Jesse Duplantis tells about how twice he felt God was telling him to give away every cent he had and he did even to emptying his child's piggy bank. Look how he is blessed now a multi-millionaire with a 40,000 SF. home A 50+ MILLION $ JET AND ZERO DEBT.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!!! Jesse Duplantis tells about how twice he felt God was telling him to give away every cent he had and he did even to emptying his child's piggy bank. Look how he is blessed now a multi-millionaire with a 40,000 SF. home A 50+ MILLION $ JET AND ZERO DEBT.
As Jesse's prophet do you get a cut!

Reactions: Nancy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!!! I too am very blessed with health, great family, prosperity, Zero debts, retired early new brick home in gated community on golf course new BMW. PTL. AND YOU??

Jesus said,

Mat 6:19, Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
Mat 6:20, But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
Mat 6:21, For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Mat 6:22, The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
Mat 6:23, But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
Mat 6:24, No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's more akin to the Mind Sciences. As I understand it, Hagin may have gotten some of his material from there? Christian Science has the same philosophy. That deifies your mind, instead of God. Your mind makes it happen. Your "faith" makes it happen. That isn't serving the Lord. That is serving your own dreams and wishes.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
interesting the information you volunteer.....I see it's where you consider value!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!!! I too am very blessed with health, great family, prosperity, Zero debts, retired early new brick home in gated community on golf course new BMW. PTL. AND YOU??

Wow, that really puts you in the top 10 list of people to be admired! ;)

James 1.10 But the rich should take pride in their humiliation—since they will pass away like a wild flower. 11 For the sun rises with scorching heat and withers the plant; its blossom falls and its beauty is destroyed. In the same way, the rich will fade away even while they go about their business.
2.5 Listen, my dear brothers and sisters: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him? 6 But you have dishonored the poor. Is it not the rich who are exploiting you? Are they not the ones who are dragging you into court? 7 Are they not the ones who are blaspheming the noble name of him to whom you belong?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's more akin to the Mind Sciences. As I understand it, Hagin may have gotten some of his material from there? Christian Science has the same philosophy. That deifies your mind, instead of God. Your mind makes it happen. Your "faith" makes it happen. That isn't serving the Lord. That is serving your own dreams and wishes.
But he has things, an empire of dirt.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
interesting the information you volunteer.....I see it's where you consider value!

Yes, the message of the Gospel is about wealth with God, and not about getting rich. Not all are called to make a lot of money. But all of us have been called to be rich in faith, to handle God's word, which is worth a lot more than money. And we should recognize the greater value of God's word over money, if indeed we think we are spiritual.

1 Peter 1.6 In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. 7 These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. 8 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, 9 for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only eternal life.

So don't you want your children to be very blessed with health, great family, prosperity, Zero debts, retired early new brick home in a gated community on golf course new BMW. and then eternal life with His family??

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But he has things, an empire of dirt.

I've been in Pentecostalism since 1971, and I can hardly think without having some of this Faith Teaching in me. And so, I can't be completely against it if so much of it is intertwined with the Bible. But I'm convinced it has gone way too far, and is actually now in the stream of the mind sciences. And that is apparently where it began, if the following article is correct:

From Is the Word of Faith movement biblical? | GotQuestions.org Got Questions
The Word of Faith movement grew out of the Pentecostal movement in the late 20th century. Its founder was E. W. Kenyon, who studied the metaphysical New Thought teachings of Phineas Quimby. Mind science (where "name it and claim it" originated) was combined with Pentecostalism, resulting in a peculiar mix of orthodox Christianity and mysticism. Kenneth Hagin, in turn, studied under E. W. Kenyon and made the Word of Faith movement what it is today. Although individual teachings range from completely heretical to completely ridiculous, what follows is the basic theology most Word of Faith teachers align themselves with.

At the heart of the Word of Faith movement is the belief in the "force of faith." It is believed words can be used to manipulate the faith-force, and thus actually create what they believe Scripture promises (health and wealth). Laws supposedly governing the faith-force are said to operate independently of God’s sovereign will and that God Himself is subject to these laws. This is nothing short of idolatry, turning our faith—and by extension ourselves—into god.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 4:18-20==I have all I need and more, now that I have received your gifts from Epaphroditus. They are a sweet smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well-pleasing to God. 19And my God will supply ""all"" your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus. 20To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.…
Psalm 37:1-40
Fret not yourself because of evildoers; be not envious of wrongdoers! For they will soon fade like the grass and wither like the green herb. Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him.
Psalm 23:1
A Psalm of David. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
Psalm 34:10
Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.

Your answer here exposes you as someone to be ignored. I gave you opportunity to defend your beliefs, but instead you insulate yourself with Bible verses. You do not engage. You do not discuss. You do not defend yourself by "answering to everyone who asks, the reason for the hope that lies within you." You should be dismissed as a salesman. If you cannot defend your beliefs, you shouldn't have them heard. And if you don't know what is in your product, you shouldn't sell it.

Once again:
What I'd like to ask you to do, if you are willing, is tell me what you think the biblical restraints are on asking for things? I mean, apart from asking for things that are obviously wrong, where do we draw the line on "claiming" things?

Last edited: