You can have "ALL" God wants you to have!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been in Pentecostalism since 1971, and I can hardly think without having some of this Faith Teaching in me. And so, I can't be completely against it if so much of it is intertwined with the Bible. But I'm convinced it has gone way too far, and is actually now in the stream of the mind sciences. And that is apparently where it began, if the following article is correct:

From Is the Word of Faith movement biblical? | GotQuestions.org Got Questions
The Word of Faith movement grew out of the Pentecostal movement in the late 20th century. Its founder was E. W. Kenyon, who studied the metaphysical New Thought teachings of Phineas Quimby. Mind science (where "name it and claim it" originated) was combined with Pentecostalism, resulting in a peculiar mix of orthodox Christianity and mysticism. Kenneth Hagin, in turn, studied under E. W. Kenyon and made the Word of Faith movement what it is today. Although individual teachings range from completely heretical to completely ridiculous, what follows is the basic theology most Word of Faith teachers align themselves with.

At the heart of the Word of Faith movement is the belief in the "force of faith." It is believed words can be used to manipulate the faith-force, and thus actually create what they believe Scripture promises (health and wealth). Laws supposedly governing the faith-force are said to operate independently of God’s sovereign will and that God Himself is subject to these laws. This is nothing short of idolatry, turning our faith—and by extension ourselves—into god.
I have a friend thats been in this for the last 30 years he and his wife were over a few months ago, they were telling my wife and I about their new Bible studies with Womack Andrew I believe. They went on to tell us about their current study about storing up treasures in heaven and how God wants us to store up. His wife proceeded to tell us that where their treasure was was in the credit cards they had, and that they'd also received the Spiritual gift of exaltation.

When asked what is the gift of exaltation, my friend explained they exalt themselves.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So don't you want your children to be very blessed with health, great family, prosperity, Zero debts, retired early new brick home in a gated community on golf course new BMW. and then eternal life with His family??
I'm trying to teach them to be content, if they have clothing and food.

Reactions: amadeus

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm trying to teach them to be content, if they have clothing and food.

Afraid to answer the question about what you want for your family?? So don't you want your children to be very blessed with health, great family, prosperity, Zero debts, retire early have a new brick home in a gated community on golf course new BMW. and then eternal life with His family?? or had you really rather they were sick and living in poverty??

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Afraid to answer the question about what you want for your family?? So don't you want your children to be very blessed with health, great family, prosperity, Zero debts, retire early have a new brick home in a gated community on golf course new BMW. and then eternal life with His family?? or had you really rather they were sick and living in poverty??

Jas 1:9, Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted:
Jas 1:10, But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away.

Jas 2:5, Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?
Jas 2:6, But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?
Jas 2:7, Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?

1Ti 6:17, Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
1Ti 6:18, That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;
1Ti 6:19, Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You have the devil in you GISMYS.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes!!! Jesse Duplantis tells about how twice he felt God was telling him to give away every cent he had and he did even to emptying his child's piggy bank. Look how he is blessed now a multi-millionaire with a 40,000 SF. home A 50+ MILLION $ JET AND ZERO DEBT.
Words can't express how subversive and devilish, your sentiments and desires are.
I'm talking with an anti-christ right now.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes!!! I too am very blessed with health, great family, prosperity, Zero debts, retired early new brick home in gated community on golf course new BMW. PTL. AND YOU??
Within your desires, and perceived blessings from God, where do you rate wisdom, faith, love and sacrifice? This is not rhetorical.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wouldn't go that far, ever.

If he is filled with the Holy Ghost, you just blasphemed Him.
Why do you need to ask 'if' he has the Spirit? You heard him yourself, where's the Spirit in anything that he has said?
You can't tell the difference?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Within your desires, and perceived blessings from God, where do you rate wisdom, faith, love and sacrifice? This is not rhetorical.

I originally referenced Psalms 112:1-3.

I think some of you may have missed it.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you need to ask 'if' he has the Spirit? You heard him yourself, where's the Spirit in anything that he has said?
You can't tell the difference?
I'm just giving you the benefit of the doubt. Because if he is filled with the Holy Ghost, now you can't be saved. Because you said he has a demon. That is calling the Holy Ghost a demon, "if"...

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I originally referenced Psalms 112:1-3.

I think some of you may have missed it.
Stop your nonsense, you know very well that Jesus preached against it. Don't be selective in your passages.
Are you a pervert like GISMYS?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it's not, he's not preaching saving souls, he's preaching saving from poverty.
Why are you mitigating on his behalf?
He preaches on saving souls elsewhere, I've actually seen him do it.

I'm doing so because he is my brother in Christ, and we are told to love one another.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop your nonsense, you know very well that Jesus preached against it. Don't be selective in your passages.
Are you a pervert like GISMYS?
You need to put away evil speaking from you. 1 Peter 2:1.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm just giving you the benefit of the doubt. Because if he is filled with the Holy Ghost, now you can't be saved. Because you said he has a demon. That is calling the Holy Ghost a demon, "if"...
You're not showing enough scrutiny. Like I said, the evidence was before you, there's no guess work here.
When Jesus spoke, he exuded undeniable wisdom and truth, this is why those that heard him were condemned for not believing, or making accusations of diabolical influence.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He preaches on saving souls elsewhere, I've actually seen him do it.

I'm doing so because he is my brother in Christ, and we are told to love one another.
You're convinced that he's saved, while he's preaching BMWs, retirement, golf courses, and gilded fences?