You can't outgive the Master Giver

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SpiritSoldier

Dec 24, 2007
This is a crazy thought I had lately. Think of it like this God is the Master Giver you are the Gift! Now we also know God gave his only son his prized possesion most likely and he has given us life to live and love to give because with love it is a gift that keeps on giving. Think of it like this life gives birth to life but when love gives it spreads like rain and when it falls on the land it flourishes for life to continue.Now whatever we think we have or we think we own is not really ours, think of it like this God gave you life in this world and everything thing you own essentially is God's it says in scripture the earth belongs to him. Now if we take that and apply it to our circumstance we then can realize that we cannot outgive the Master Giver because when we really think about it everything is FIRST given to us or loaned to us and then we share or give back what was already his to begin with. So that folks for me especially helps to understand the factor against ever buying or giving our way into Heaven because at judgement no one can say a thing like "well what about all the gifts to the poor or the millions I donated to the church?" because God could then say "What about the life I gave you in this world is it not worth more than gold?" How then can we expect to recieve Heaven based on earthly things? can we really put a price on life,peace, joy, love? These are all gifts from the Father and yet we sit here and think that we can outgive with material objects how cumbersome. So does this put Giving and Recieving into a broader less selfish view?

country_lad

Jan 27, 2008
Canada
good post SpiritSoldier:) we cant buy our way into heaven, we can only be saved through Jesus Christ. we would never be able to out give the Lord, but when we give with a cheerfull heart it blesses us and we will be rewarded by God. John 3:16for God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only son, so everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
smile.gif