You Know You're a Pharisee If...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jul 6, 2011
aspen2,
Who cares about the hunger of the disciples, right? They were breaking the Sabbath!
They were breaking the OT law according to the Pharisees but not according to Jesus. You have just supported the Pharisees position with your statement.
Jesus fulfilled the law and prophets, the fulfillment of the law and prophets is a new covenent, you seem to be weighing up the OT law the Pharisees were twisting against the new covenant of grace through Christ.

xBluxTunicx82

Apr 6, 2012
Just keep in mind that Jesus didn't do away with all of the law, just sacrificial ordinances. Jesus constantly rebuked the Pharisees for their willingness to force their own traditions as law, when mankind is to live by Gods law.

And you are right, Paul was a Pharisee as well, which the word Pharissee-phariseios..spelling? literally meant 'seperatist'. So imagine a country of seperatists, much like the US in her infancy. Striving to remain seperate from the rest of the world, but eventually, a few snakes roll their way in and begin distracting people off course. Eventually, leading the entire region into political decay. Much like we see in the US today.

rainbows

May 24, 2012
Hey BrightMorning Star I liked your answer.

Jesus fulfilled the law and prophets, the fulfillment of the law and prophets is a new covenent, you seem to be weighing up the OT law the Pharisees were twisting against the new covenant of grace through Christ.

Full marks for that answer, a New Covenant much superior
to the old covenant. The old covenant was between God and
Israel. We Gentiles have been grafted into the New Covenant.
Jesus Christ is above all.
throne in Heaven.

xBluxTunicx82

Apr 6, 2012
The law is eternal people! Do you throw away what God has said from start to finish. Jesus didn't do away with the law at all, as a matter of fact, He was observing passover before He was crucified.

What part of 'I come only for the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel', 'go not unto the way of the Gentiles or the Samaritans, but go only unti the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel.' is so hard to grasp? "gentile" is from the Greek 'genos' meaning nations and races of similar ancestry, just as the Greek sperma- used when speaking of 'seed'.

Yes, the 'other races' have been grafted into the covenant, but who do you think Israel is today?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey BrightMorning Star I liked your answer.

Full marks for that answer, a New Covenant much superior
to the old covenant. The old covenant was between God and
Israel. We Gentiles have been grafted into the New Covenant.
Jesus Christ is above all.
throne in Heaven.

So God improved on His old idea?

Now, go ahead BMS and misquote me as saying 'God improved on His old idea' and then add some irrelevant comment like 'Aspen why do continue to mock God? He cannot improve on His old ideas - He is already perfect! What kind of heresy are you trying to teach here? You are a terrible debater.'

How exhausting.....

xBluxTunicx82

Apr 6, 2012
You say you believe God cannot approve of His old ideas because they are perfect? Then why attack others when they support His old ideas as you do on other posts?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say you believe God cannot approve of His old ideas because they are perfect? Then why attack others when they support His old ideas as you do on other posts?

WOW

You are lost, friend.........I am praying for you.

xBluxTunicx82

Apr 6, 2012
WOW

You are lost, friend.........I am praying for you.
your prayers are in vain...friend I pray for YOU in hopes that you will either be delivered into truth or to be delivered out of the midst of those trying to live by every word.

Jul 6, 2011
That Jesus fulfilled the law and prophets doesnt mean He abolished them.
Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I welcome all prayer, thank you.