You must be born again through water baptism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know you have no love for me and I know you don't know the things of God.

You've never met me, you have no idea about who I am, so I'd say you speak rather presumptuously.

What is love? I truly hope that you come to a real knowledge of the truth, as salvation is a in Jesus alone, and you cannot, by any work you think to do, buy God's favor by your behavior.

And if that's actually what you are trying to do, then look at how you speak. Is that how God wants us to be? Do I love you? Yes, in fact I do! I want for you the joy and love and purity that is found in Christ.

Much love!

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You've never met me, you have no idea about who I am, so I'd say you speak rather presumptuously.

What is love? I truly hope that you come to a real knowledge of the truth, as salvation is a in Jesus alone, and you cannot, by any work you think to do, buy God's favor by your behavior.

And if that's actually what you are trying to do, then look at how you speak. Is that how God wants us to be? Do I love you? Yes, in fact I do! I want for you the joy and love and purity that is found in Christ.

Much love!
I know you, that you have not the love of God in you. Because this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments that Christ has given, which you have broken in your dealing with me.

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If your doctrine was indeed God's then you would agree with God and Christ as to the basis of New Birth.

The New Birth is supernatural and requires two things (1) the Gospel which is the power of God unto salvation, and is also called "the incorruptible seed" of the New Birth, and (2) the regenerating power of God the Holy Spirit.

Therefore those who are born again are (1) born from above, (2) born of the Spirit, and (3) born of God.

ORDINARY WATER HAS NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH THE NEW BIRTH.

Ordinary water has nothing to do with it, it is what the water represents that does. I blame the world full of false teachers because even the first principles of the doctrine Christ are twisted. Friend, if you truly knew what kind of generation this was that professed Christ, you would have a hard time like me not getting angry at the hypocrisy.

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
N o
It does not.
Ephesians 5:25-26 King James Version (KJV)
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Acts 22:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

A generation of confusion.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 5:25-26 King James Version (KJV)
25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Acts 22:16 King James Version (KJV)
16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

A generation of confusion.
Eph5 is speaking of the word of God, not water baptism.
In Acts 22. Calling upon the name of the Lord is what washes away their sins...not water baptism.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The water in water baptism represents the word of God: the gospel. You are not understanding the things you are reading.
If the Word of God is the gospel, why not consume the gospel in order be filled with His Word? Of course, without the Holy Spirit, are not all of those consumed words dead in us? What if the real Water is the Spirit which quickens the flesh of Jesus in us? Surely when Jesus was speaking to the Samaritan woman the Water which He mentioned to her was the Holy Spirit, was it not?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ordinary water has nothing to do with it, it is what the water represents that does. I blame the world full of false teachers because even the first principles of the doctrine Christ are twisted. Friend, if you truly knew what kind of generation this was that professed Christ, you would have a hard time like me not getting angry at the hypocrisy.
Is not Life what is needed and is not that what Jesus brought?

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

And where and how does one obtain that Life?

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:53-54

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If your doctrine was indeed God's then you would agree with God and Christ as to the basis of New Birth.

The New Birth is supernatural and requires two things (1) the Gospel which is the power of God unto salvation, and is also called "the incorruptible seed" of the New Birth, and (2) the regenerating power of God the Holy Spirit.

Therefore those who are born again are (1) born from above, (2) born of the Spirit, and (3) born of God.

ORDINARY WATER HAS NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH THE NEW BIRTH.

Yes, "TheWind" can be easily refuted. In Acts 19, the Apostle Paul runs across a group of believers who have had "John's baptism" (water baptism). Paul noted that John's baptism was for the purpose of repentance. But, Paul understood that those believers did not have a complete conversion, which was by Spirit baptism. He lays hands on them and they become born again by the Spirit. Paul clearly says in Romans 8:9 that those who are not indwelt by the Holy Spirit are not even Christians. The way that one becomes indwelt by the Holy Spirit is ONLY through the Blood of Jesus--a supernatural identification with Our Savior which is blessed from on high with the new birth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and Enoch111

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
The new birth happens through baptism.

John 3:5------------Spirit+++++++++++++water>>>>>>>>in the kingdom
1 Cor 12:13--------Spirit++++++++++++baptized>>>>>>>in the body
Titus 3:5-----------Spirit++++++++++laver of water>>>>>>saved
Eph 5:25-----------the word+++++++laver of water>>>>>>>cleansed

The Bible, being its own best commentary, has 'water' equivalent to 'baptized' which equivalent to 'laver of water'.

The role of the Spirit in the new birth is the Spirit is the author of the word. The word instructs men on how to be saved, those men that obey the word's instructions have been "born again...by the word" 1 Peter 1:23; "begotten through the gospel" 1 Corinthians 4:15; "begat....with the word" James 1:18.

The role of water is water baptism. A few verses later in John 3 we see the role of water..."After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized."

Last edited:

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If the Word of God is the gospel, why not consume the gospel in order be filled with His Word? Of course, without the Holy Spirit, are not all of those consumed words dead in us? What if the real Water is the Spirit which quickens the flesh of Jesus in us? Surely when Jesus was speaking to the Samaritan woman the Water which He mentioned to her was the Holy Spirit, was it not?

The word of God is spirit you blind guide: And that Spirit you speak of is the Word of God: Jesus. Instead of inquiring about the meaning of these things I teach, here you all are in your pride without the Spirit of God trying to teach me with the Spirit of God.

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is not Life what is needed and is not that what Jesus brought?

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

And where and how does one obtain that Life?

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:53-54

You are that thief!

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, "TheWind" can be easily refuted. In Acts 19, the Apostle Paul runs across a group of believers who have had "John's baptism" (water baptism). Paul noted that John's baptism was for the purpose of repentance. But, Paul understood that those believers did not have a complete conversion, which was by Spirit baptism. He lays hands on them and they become born again by the Spirit. Paul clearly says in Romans 8:9 that those who are not indwelt by the Holy Spirit are not even Christians. The way that one becomes indwelt by the Holy Spirit is ONLY through the Blood of Jesus--a supernatural identification with Our Savior which is blessed from on high with the new birth.

Another trying to teach things they understand not.
John 3:5------------Spirit+++++++++++++water>>>>>>>>in the kingdom
1 Cor 12:13--------Spirit++++++++++++baptized>>>>>>>in the body
Titus 3:5-----------Spirit++++++++++laver of water>>>>>>saved
Eph 5:25-----------the word+++++++laver of water>>>>>>>cleansed

The Bible, being its own best commentary, has 'water' equivalent to 'baptized' which equivalent to 'laver of water'.

The role of the Spirit in the new birth is the Spirit is the author of the word. The word instructs men on how to be saved, those men that obey the word's instructions have been "born again...by the word" 1 Peter 1:23; "begotten through the gospel" 1 Corinthians 4:15; "begat....with the word" James 1:18.

The role of water is water baptism. A few verses later in John 3 we see the role of water..."After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized."

Look how you all teach things you are not sure of, like a carnal hobby. But I know if you tasted the fear of God you would not be so careless with these interpretations.

This is the role of the Spirit which you have never seen:

Ezekiel 36:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word of God is spirit you blind guide: And that Spirit you speak of is the Word of God: Jesus. Instead of inquiring about the meaning of these things I teach, here you all are in your pride without the Spirit of God trying to teach me with the Spirit of God.
Easy with your pride my friend. I was only asking you questions. Instead of answering them you chose to attack. Whose spirit was that?

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A friend is one that makes known the things of God, only an enemy will try to cause confusion.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are that thief!
You seem to have a problem friend with communication. I asked questions and quoted scripture. Who are you teaching? Did your teachers in school attack you for quoting the textbook or for asking questions?
Give God the glory for surely none of us here are worthy!

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You seem to have a problem friend with communication. I asked questions and quoted scripture. Who are you teaching? Did your teachers in school attack you for quoting the textbook or for asking questions?
Give God the glory for surely none of us here are worthy!

If you were worthy you would have the holy Spirit.

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Easy with your pride my friend. I was only asking you questions. Instead of answering them you chose to attack. Whose spirit was that?

He that is rich answers roughly: go learn what that means if you can.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Oh Im sorry...I sent out some tags in a thread...but forget to tag you...
I ran out of names that I could remember off the top of my head...whoops...:oops:

"God Moments"