You Probably Believe This Lie

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saint Augustine was brought up in a partying atmosphere. In his younger days he and his buddies would have a different sexual partner every week. While in Italy Augustine embraced the Christian religion. On returning to Africa the Roman Empire was being brought down by the barbarian forces. In his log book Augustine writes, "In every man lieth a serpent." And then Augustine himself perished as the barbarians were sacking his town.

These forces are at work in the United States... Groups of people going from sexual relationship to sexual, unable to find the lasting contentment they seek.

I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: - 1 Corinthians 5:9

I emphasize to every one who reads this post... Stay away from the partying scene. Once the devil latches on he will pull you down to places you don't want to go... Especially places of eternal torment where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am not so much anti not loose salvation teaching. all thought this will never be settled. i have even studied this out for many years.. i have looked at it from the general Baptist. they teach one can be secure but we can also walk away from it. ( before i start get remarks plz don't ) when i first git saved i had a aunt who was southern Baptist they teach you cant period..

having said this through much study reading scriptures to back both teachings,. i find merit on both sides so being a pastor i teach a know so salvation . if one dont know your not saved.. your not. beings we have the Holy Spirit of truth. then when we sin we know to get back on the right path.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Walking distance? Good move ....

Silly question ....In the summer, do you carry a bottle of water to make it there and back? Sweat evaporates in dry heat ...
It's a little over half a mile. I only walked there once, when the electricity went out at our condominium garages, and I didn't have the key to open the garage door. I had a heavy tool bag to carry (I do volunteer maintenance work there Monday mornings), and it was most exhausting.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've lived all over while my Dad was in the Air Force. Then lived in Florida and Alabama. The only heat that puzzeled me was Las Vegas ....Sweat evaporates as quick as it comes out. You never realize you have dehydrated until it's too late.

Be careful out there Brother ....

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, if you are correct, it means universalism is correct doctrine.

The flaw in the "gift" argument to support OSAS is that it denies one may not accept the give (or more precisely, rescind their previous accceptance of the gift).

If by “ universalism” you mean that everybody gets Saved, that is nonsense....God holds out the Gift Of Salvation and one must Accept that Gift in order to be Saved.....The Gift is Given to all that Obey the Gospel......you “ Obey” the Gospel by Believing it and Resting in it....Once you do “ your” part, which is to simply Believe that Jesus died for your sins and rose from the grave, you are “ IN”........In the extremely unlikely event that you would choose NOT to believe anymore, *once you got Saved*, that would be a Sin.....a huge one .....however, that First half of the Gospel where it is declared that Jesus “ died for your sins?” ....it covers “ that” sin also.... We can abandon God, but God will not abandon any Believer....” I will NEVER leave you “ means what it says—— NEVER! “ If We are Unfaithful , He REMAINS Faithful”.....God’s Promise Of “NEVER” did not come with any strings attached.....it’s not called “ Amazing” Grace for no reason.....

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saint Augustine was brought up in a partying atmosphere. In his younger days he and his buddies would have a different sexual partner every week. While in Italy Augustine embraced the Christian religion. On returning to Africa the Roman Empire was being brought down by the barbarian forces. In his log book Augustine writes, "In every man lieth a serpent." And then Augustine himself perished as the barbarians were sacking his town.

These forces are at work in the United States... Groups of people going from sexual relationship to sexual, unable to find the lasting contentment they seek.

I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: - 1 Corinthians 5:9

I emphasize to every one who reads this post... Stay away from the partying scene. Once the devil latches on he will pull you down to places you don't want to go... Especially places of eternal torment where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
***Bump*** Don't come to me with your doctrine if you are of cold and calloused spirit. If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

Applied to our Christian life...

Natural E/c2 - A healthy body
Mental E/c2 - A sound mind
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

There are many whose religion is in the mind only. They have no proper motivation, warmth, love, faith, hope, charity, or joy. And to make matters worse there are many who have the...

Ego of Man - Spiritually a cold and hateful spirit along with all the fleshly lusts

Confused with the...

Unction of the Holy Spirit - Which is accompanied with a warmth and a love.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If by “ universalism” you mean that everybody gets Saved, that is nonsense....God holds out the Gift Of Salvation and one must Accept that Gift in order to be Saved.....The Gift is Given to all that Obey the Gospel......you “ Obey” the Gospel by Believing it and Resting in it....Once you do “ your” part, which is to simply Believe that Jesus died for your sins and rose from the grave, you are “ IN”........In the extremely unlikely event that you would choose NOT to believe anymore, *once you got Saved*, that would be a Sin.....a huge one .....however, that First half of the Gospel where it is declared that Jesus “ died for your sins?” ....it covers “ that” sin also.... We can abandon God, but God will not abandon any Believer....” I will NEVER leave you “ means what it says—— NEVER! “ If We are Unfaithful , He REMAINS Faithful”.....God’s Promise Of “NEVER” did not come with any strings attached.....it’s not called “ Amazing” Grace for no reason.....
I would say that the people who DENY HIM, were never born of God. They never had the indwelling Spirit of God to know the truth, and were never taught by the Father, there was no relationship. OR they are letting the old man of the flesh through fear of man, speak to the world. But God will deal with that by bringing them back, God never loses a single one He has given to Christ.

Anyone who denies Christ before men, Christ will deny them before the Father and the angels in heaven.

13 Bible Verses about Denying Christ

‹›
Most Relevant Verses
Mark 8:38
Verse Concepts
For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.”

2 Timothy 1:8
Verse Concepts
Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord or of me His prisoner, but join with me in suffering for the gospel according to the power of God,

Titus 1:16
Verse Concepts
They profess to know God, but by their deeds they deny Him, being detestable and disobedient and worthless for any good deed.

John 18:40
Verse Concepts
So they cried out again, saying, “Not this Man, but Barabbas.” Now Barabbas was a robber.

2 Peter 2:1
Verse Concepts
But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves.

1 John 2:22-23
Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father; the one who confesses the Son has the Father also.

Matthew 10:33
But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we endure, We shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us.

Acts 3:14
Verse Concepts
But you disowned the Holy and Righteous One and asked for a murderer to be granted to you,

Source: 13 Bible verses about Denying Christ

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope we can all agree that salvation in itself is very easy...

The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. - Romans 10:8-10

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You blew it near the end . Unbelief is the sin not covered . For if one believes not they are damned .
The best thing to say is , IF THEY CAME OUT FROM AMONGST US , THEN THEY WERE NEVER TRULY OF US .
But you just blew it right at the end by trying to make folks believe that even if one stopped believing that sin would be covered .
EVEN JOHN knew better . HE said IF THEY CAME OUT , THEY ANTI CHRISTS , NOT SAVED , and were NEVER OF US .
Dont preach a false hope my friend . STICK TO THE FACT that ONE MUST BELIEVE TO THE END . They all did .
Even JESUS gave us the parables proving who were HIS and who were not . THEY FELL AWAY .
Dont give folks a false gospel that says if ya once believed but no longer do , ITS STILL COVERED . NO IT AINT .
UNBELIEF is the SIN that will surely damn a soul to hell fire . PEROID .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope we can all agree that salvation in itself is very easy...

The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. - Romans 10:8-10
make sure to tell this sold out all inclusive false we are one unity religoin this . it teaches muslims and all paths
so long as they just do some good and have this lovey doo they are fine and saved . What a crock of dung that pile of stink truly is .
You just quoated the truth my friend . THEY preach a false love and damanation .

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too many folks lean on THEIR OWN understanding of God's word, plan and his will.

If Jesus said even the children could come to him and for us to be like children then I believe we make his word hard and not understandable to justify ourselves !

We all want to be right but none of us are right except in our own eyes. We all want to be good but there is none good except God.

There are sins of the flesh, sins of the mind, sins of the heart and sins to others but it is God whom rightly judges. What he says WILL NOT ENTER INTO HIS KINGDOM....
WILL NOT ENTER.

Folks rarely discuss the word.
It is more stone throwing than anything. In gathering together; to GROW in love, to head forward TOWARD the mark, to FEEL the fruit of the Spirit towards others and to REST in him takes much much more than I have seen here.

We KNOW only today.
Today is the day of salvation.
Choose this day who to serve.

Tomorrow may be lost forever. Don't take ANOTHER'S opinion on your souls standing but let God teach you the word through his Spirit and you will NEVER have to think about salvation again !

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if ya once believed but no longer do , ITS STILL COVERED . NO IT AINT .
ho hum this matter will never settled ever with man. i have studied this out for years both sides of the fence can ya cant ya , both sides has scriptures both sides has good points. best thing to do is live it

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ho hum this matter will never settled ever with man. i have studied this out for years both sides of the fence can ya cant ya , both sides has scriptures both sides has good points. best thing to do is live it
A major point that salvation is eternal is being born again with a new spirit created in righteousness and holiness and that is joined to the LORD as one spirit with Him.
For someone to be losing their salvation and regaining it, would mean you must be born again and again and again, as many times as a person lost salvation, and that is nonsensical. Even with Peter denying he knew Christ 3 times, Christ tells Peter HE has prayed for Peter that his faith will not fail, and when Peter is restored, to strengthen his brothers.

For those genuinely born of God and saved, they have the intercession of the Spirit on their behalf that they will be kept for salvation by the power of God on their behalf.
Paul goes very far into the detail of showing our eternal salvation in what is written here.

27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

Peter says it this way, they are most definitely sealed in their salvation and preserved in Christ. God's foreknowledge of future happenings is pure and true and is the ultimate reality, as God has ordained their faith in the Son. He who started a good work in you, will bring it to completion on the Day of Jesus Christ

1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,

To the [a]pilgrims of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, 2 elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:

Grace to you and peace be multiplied.

A Heavenly Inheritance​

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance [b]incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A major point that salvation is eternal is being born again with a new spirit created in righteousness and holiness and that is joined to the LORD as one spirit with Him.
For someone to be losing their salvation and regaining it, would mean you must be born again and again and again, as many times as a person lost salvation, and that is nonsensical. Even with Peter denying he knew Christ 3 times, Christ tells Peter HE has prayed for Peter that his faith will not fail, and when Peter is restored, to strengthen his brothers.

For those genuinely born of God and saved, they have the intercession of the Spirit on their behalf that they will be kept for salvation by the power of God on their behalf.
Paul goes very far into the detail of showing our eternal salvation in what is written here.

27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

Peter says it this way, they are most definitely sealed in their salvation and preserved in Christ. God's foreknowledge of future happenings is pure and true and is the ultimate reality, as God has ordained their faith in the Son. He who started a good work in you, will bring it to completion on the Day of Jesus Christ

1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,

To the [a]pilgrims of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, 2 elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:

Grace to you and peace be multiplied.

A Heavenly Inheritance​

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance [b]incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
i dont argue it either just pointing out both sides has merit

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You blew it near the end . Unbelief is the sin not covered . For if one believes not they are damned .
The best thing to say is , IF THEY CAME OUT FROM AMONGST US , THEN THEY WERE NEVER TRULY OF US .
But you just blew it right at the end by trying to make folks believe that even if one stopped believing that sin would be covered .
EVEN JOHN knew better . HE said IF THEY CAME OUT , THEY ANTI CHRISTS , NOT SAVED , and were NEVER OF US .
Dont preach a false hope my friend . STICK TO THE FACT that ONE MUST BELIEVE TO THE END . They all did .
Even JESUS gave us the parables proving who were HIS and who were not . THEY FELL AWAY .
Dont give folks a false gospel that says if ya once believed but no longer do , ITS STILL COVERED . NO IT AINT .

You OPINION is noted....Don’t pretend that it’s Anything “ more” than that

To use “ Your” description, you yourself are the one to “ Blow It” because neither you nor anybody else can explain what Jesus Himself said.....
Jesus said that if you Believe in Him you *ALREADY HAVE* Salvation..... and you can * NEVER* come under Condemnation......Do you see any Qualifiers in that statement? Never means NEVER! Never would include the Error Of Falling back into Unbelief......Unbelief is a Serious Sin and an entire lifetime of Unbelief will get you damned—— but if at ANY TIME you became a Believer , you qualify for the Promise .....and Once God makes a Promise there is something that has transpired that is WAY more important than you or anybody else's Salvation —- GOD’ S WORD! No matter HOW BAD you mess up, God is going to keep His Word.....You ASK to get Saved? You had better BELIEVE that you are going to wind up Saved!

It was *GOD* that made the Promise that “ Anybody that ASKS to be Saved, WILL BE saved!” You think God was too dumb to look ahead and see how somebody might fall into Error sometime in the future and stop believing? I’ve seen it happen in my *OWN* life, yet God brought me back.......I think this will hold true for anybody that gets a severe case of stupidity like I did and starts to entertain doubts....I can’t prove that this is what happens to others that lose their Faith after they have become Saved Believers....It makes no difference....Unbelief for a lifetime gets you damned—- no argument there.....but once a person does the Will Of God and actually “ Believes in the One that He sent”..... he is forever “ Sealed” and that Seal will STAY Sealed until the Day Of Redemption......
Jesus made the Promise that ALL of those that Simply Believe in Him have accomplished something—- they have Passed from Death unto Life! ....that is a ONE TIME event, unless you think that people go back and forth from “ Living” to “ Dying ” every time they have doubts about their Faith....That is preposterous...
We even have a Promise from God to cover that unfortunate and foolish scenario....what on Earth do you think he is referring to when He makes the Promise “ If we are Unfaithful, He REMAINS FAITHFUL—- He cannot Deny Himself!”

Once God Stuck His neck out, so to speak, the Onus or the Responsibility for Salvation falls squarely upon HIS shoulders.....if He says that He will Save you If all that you do is ASK, that makes it so if there is anything out there that can cause you to lose your Salvation, He has to see that it DOES NOT HAPPEN! If there is something out there that you must “Do” to insure that Salvation happens , the Responsibility is now HIS to see that it “ DOES” happen.....Do you Trust Him to keep His Word? THAT is the question that YOU must answer!

Go back to your drawing board.....with all due respect, it appears that perhaps YOU are the one that “ Blew It” ......I

“ FOREVER thy Word is settled in Heaven!” ......That “ Word” is the most valuable thing in God's Universe ....more valuable than the Salvation Of you , me or anybody else....I will go to my grave Trusting that Word....that is how this Wretched Sinner got Saved....how about you?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
however, that First half of the Gospel where it is declared that Jesus “ died for your sins?” ....it covers “ that” sin also

Directly contradicting Scripture at Hebrews 10:26.

The OSAS is a Circular Reasoning doctrine. You assert it as being true and write things like above, ignoring the not being saved implication of the verse. Burning a branch is THE EXACT OPPOSITE of saving it, of being saved. More than that is OSAS ignores the many compilation of verses that go against the doctrine.

The irony is you accused me of taking Hebrews 10:26 out of context. Let's review the text. For if we willfully persist in sin after having received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins. Notice how this verse says nothing about being fruitful? Notice how this verse says nothing about disbelief, as you allege? Notice what the text does say and what it implies?

There no longer remains a sacrifice for sin. What sacrifice for sins no longer remain? In context, this is referring to ones actions that the finished work of Christ on the cross does not cover. And there are many other verses that talk about believers (presumed to be saved) who sin and are commanded to not only ask for forgiveness but to forgive. There can be only one reason why this action is necessary. It is consistent with Hebrews 10:26, there no longer remains a sacrifice for such sins.

Why would Jesus tell us to reconcile with your brother before bringing your gift to the alter? The sin with your brother has come betwen you and God. Jesus himself said not all who call me Lord Lord, will be saved. And on and on and on, Scripture assails the OSAS doctrine. What is the rejection criteria of the OSAS? What set of words would disprove it?

What is the rejection criteria of the OSAS? What set of words would disprove it?