You Serve God your way, I serve God my way, but what do the Bible say?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s easy for people to say how much they love the Lord, they may be able to deceive man, but God knows the mind.
Yes, this is something that ALL need to take to heart!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we do this our prize awaits us at the end. "...if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments" (Matthew 19:17).
Philippians 3:6-9 EMTV
6) with respect to zeal, persecuting the church; with respect to righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
7) But such things as were gain to me, these I have considered loss for the sake of Christ.
8) More than that I also consider all things to be loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have sustained the loss of all things, and I consider them to be rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ
9) and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, the righteousness of the law, but the righteousness by faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;

Seek the true riches that moths don't eat!

Much love!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop trying to deceitfully deviate from something simple you are asked of according to the law. We've had already Scriptures posted back and forth, and am disagreeing with your folly dogma of reintroducing the law of Moses to the church.

You've posted, the law of sacrifices and priesthood are non applicable to the church. So, what about the law of circumcision, when Jesus Himself was circumcised 8 days old? Therefore, apparently you've done it already, where only hypocrites have hidden agendas to deceive, deviate and avoid getting caught in the act.

Since, i get it you've already done it, then according to the epistle to the Galatians, Paul decree that you rather cut the whole thing off.

'For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?'
Paul says in 2 Timothy 2: 23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. I know what you trying to do, but instead of you trying to learn you looking for strife.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 3:6-9 EMTV
6) with respect to zeal, persecuting the church; with respect to righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
7) But such things as were gain to me, these I have considered loss for the sake of Christ.
8) More than that I also consider all things to be loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have sustained the loss of all things, and I consider them to be rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ
9) and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, the righteousness of the law, but the righteousness by faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;

Seek the true riches that moths don't eat!

Much love!
That verse is not going to help with what I post, stay on point, because you will have to deal with in Isaiah 66: 22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. 23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD. 24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Grace is nothing more than a free gift. And that free gift is our access back to the tree of life (Jesus) which Adam caused us to lose by disobeying God. Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: (Romans 5: 12) But to maintain your grace you must keep the law. (1John 3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Paul says in 2 Timothy 2: 23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes. I know what you trying to do, but instead of you trying to learn you looking for strife.
Okay fair enough, would humble myself for the benefit of the doubt.

Now, can you quote for us from the New Testament, any of the Apostles reintroduced the law of Moses to the church?

Thank you

Reactions: marks

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay fair enough, would humble myself for the benefit of the doubt.

Now, can you quote for us from the New Testament, any of the Apostles reintroduced the law of Moses to the church?

Thank you
No I can't post from the New Testament, any of the Apostles reintroduced the law of Moses to the church. Because the Law (Commandment) Statues and Judgements never left the church! Didn't Paul quote in (Rom. 13:7-10) (v.7) Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. (v.8) Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. That’s the biblical definition of love, the keeping of God’s law. (v.9) For this, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF. (v.10) Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

And that is what God’s holy commandments are all about; the first four tells you how to love God and the last six tells you how to love your neighbor. If you love your God you will not do any thing to offend him, like having other gods before him. You will do as he says like remember the sabbath day to keep it holy on the seventh day of the week. If you love him you will obey him when he tells you not to eat certain meats etc… And the same goes for your fellow man, if you love your neighbor you wouldn’t steal from him, you wouldn’t kill him, you wouldn’t try and sleep with his wife and so on and so forth. (See exodus 20: 1-17)

It maybe very hard to unlearn Roman Christianity and relearn the uncut word of God, but at some point you going to really have to sit back and pray about this thing. You asking the wrong question.

peace in Jesus name

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most people do not understand what grace is. All they will say is that I am under grace. Some will say grace is a free gift and that’s true. But, what is this free gift. The free gift (grace) is Jesus came and died for our sins and by coming under his blood; we have access back to the tree of life (Jesus) which Adam by sinning took away in the garden of Eden. With out the Tree of life (Jesus) man was condemned to death, even the second death (the lake of fire). Jesus told us in the scripture, (Psalms: 69: 4) They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of mine head: they that would destroy me, beingmine enemies wrongfully, are mighty: then I restored that which I took not away…which is your grace (our access to Jesus). Our fore parents, Adam and Eve chose to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil (Satan), by listening to Satan, instead of God, he cost us are access to The Tree of Life. Paul said this in Roman 5: 12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned. Adam and Eve were put forth from the Garden of Eden and from the Tree of Life. Grace is no more than a free gift retained by keeping God’s Law. Lets go into (1John 3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul said in (Rom. 3:23-25) (v.23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (v.24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (v.25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God. So the bible tells you to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus. And by doing so you come up under his precious blood and then you are saved from your sins that are past, not present or future sins but for sins that are past. We were all locked under death by Adam’s sin, even the second death. But when Jesus became (he was God in the beginning) man and died for the sins of the world, he gave us access back to the tree of life (himself) which Adam had caused us to lose. That’s what grace is, our free gift our access back to the tree of life. So by coming under the blood of Jesus you are saved from your past sins. And if you are saved now, it is on a day to day basis. Because all have sinned, and if you continue to live you will sin again. It is the willful sinning that you need to put in check. Paul says in Hebrew 10: (v.26) For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.

Now do we understand what’s being said here? If you sin willfully after you have knowledge of what the truth is, no more animals are going to die for you. (v.27) But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Now if you are being deceived into believing that once you are under God’s grace you no longer have to keep his commandments, all you have to look forward to is the day of judgement and the lake of fire (fiery indignation).

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

You Serve God your way, I serve God my way, but what do the Bible say?​

The Bible says that God serves me...and you.

He created this World for you and I to inhabit.....we messed it up.
He became one of us so we could see what he is like.....we murdered him for it and he didn't resist.
He washed our feet so we could see his humility.
He healed our diseases and we betrayed him

He sends us good news through the proclamation of Prophets, of Angels and his own Person and we distort it and make it 'good' advice .....and 'future telling'.......then we take the Glory that is his and give it to ourselves by boasting how 'born again' we are!

He serves us by promising eternal life to all who love his appearing
He tells us he will sit us at his table, put on an apron and serve us on that great day.

Yes, he serves us!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You Serve God your way, I serve God my way, but what do the Bible say?​

The Bible says that God serves me...and you.

He created this World for you and I to inhabit.....we messed it up.
He became one of us so we could see what he is like.....we murdered him for it and he didn't resist.
He washed our feet so we could see his humility.
He healed our diseases and we betrayed him

He sends us good news through the proclamation of Prophets, of Angels and his own Person and we distort it and make it 'good' advice .....and 'future telling'.......then we take the Glory that is his and give it to ourselves by boasting how 'born again' we are!

He serves us by promising eternal life to all who love his appearing
He tells us he will sit us at his table, put on an apron and serve us on that great day.

Yes, he serves us!
I agree, except we are not born again until the first or second resurrection. Born again is a change in the body, it's a physical change. But we suppose to start repenting now and having a change in the mind. Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (Acts 2:38)

If we truly love God, then we will obey "Every word" that proceeds out of his mouth (Matthew 4:4). Baptism is one of those words. In order to be baptized, certain events must take place: You must give up a lifestyle where sin has dominion, (ruler ship) over you. Sin according to 1 John 3:4, Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression (breaking) of the law. You must be taught "The Word", before you can adhere to God's commandments (judgments\statues). These laws are found in the Holy Bible; beginning with Genesis and ending with Revelation. You must believe what the bible says and finally, you must confess that Jesus is Lord. Once this has been accomplished, you are qualified to be baptized in the name of Jesus.

Paul says in Roman 12: 1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's see how bold the Devil is and what he controls , since the days of Jesus. Lets go into Luke 4: 3 And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread. 4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. 5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. 7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

So we see that satan uses his power with the kingdom of the earth. Now think about what we just read, the Devil says, "all the Kingdom are his", and that he is worshiped by those to whom he gives power to. Now, if he asked the Lord to worship him, while he was in the flesh; what about the rest of us? Let's go into Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Think about it, how does he deceive the whole world? Which means me, you and everyone else has been deceive at some point for the scriptures did not say he deceive some of the world, or part of the world, but the whole world. Let's take a look and see how Satan used his power with these kingdoms. Let's go into Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. This places are the church, brothers and sisters.
Let's go into Luke 22:52 Then Jesus said unto the chief priests, and captains of the temple, and the elders, which were come to him, Be ye come out, as against a thief, with swords and staves? 53 When I was daily with you in the temple, ye stretched forth no hands against me: but this is your hour, and the power of darkness.

Did you notice it was the church people who came to arrest Jesus? They did the bidding for there "father" the Devil. I know that ye are Abraham’s seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father. They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it (John 8:37-44)

See, spiritual wickness is in the pulpits of the church, which is the highest place on the earth. The church is the true government that governs the earth. The men in the postitons of feeding the flock teaches the lies of the Devil, they deceive the people into worshiping another Jesus. Paul said in 2Corinthians 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. Later, brothers and sisters we will see how satan deceiveth the whole world today with the church.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets take a look at some very important imformation Paul said in Ephesian 6:13-17 - Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

We must have the whole armor on, not half or one piece but all. The enemies’ weapon is bad doctrine; this bad doctrine is all around us. Our faith or belief in the Lord will protect us from all our enemies. How you might ask? By walking in righteousness, which is following the commandments, we will be at peace. Not only peace, if we endure to the end we will obtain salvation. Jesus said with his own mouth; (Matt. 24:13) But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. As we have seen, we have an offensive weapon also. The sword of the spirit, which is the word of God. The word of God spoken in truth and in righteousness will defeat any enemy.

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12)

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every Sunday millions upon millions of people all over the world attend church services. To most it's an automatic occurrence and they have never given their actions a second thought. It probably would seem blasphemous for these people to change their day of worship, before obtaining any true knowledge. After all, this is the way of the world and has been so for some time. Nevertheless, the bible says that Satan has deceived the whole world (Revelation 12:9).

Many people fail to realize that Sunday is the first day of the week. This ignorance is due to the fact that Monday is the first work/school day in most countries. However, Sunday is actually the first day of the week and Saturday is the seventh day. Any calendar, dictionary or encyclopedia will prove this fact. Some will argue that it's impossible to know which day is which. Some people believe the days have changed over time. However, the bible speaks of a seven day week and we still live according to this rule today. This is no accident.

Past nations have even tried to shorten and lengthen God's weekly institution, but of course they failed. Man has also come up with names (after pagan gods) for the days, but it is no coincidence that each day is still known by its perspective number (1-7). God has not allowed the days of the week to be altered over the centuries. Even during the sixteenth century when the world adopted our present calendar, the Gregorian, the days of the week did not change.

Others will say that it really doesn't matter what day you attend church. "You should worship God everyday" or "everyday is the Sabbath day," they will zealously proclaim. Well, why has the world set aside Sunday as it's day of worship (there is a reason, which we will discuss later) instead of any and every day? Sure you should do well and think about God every day, but everyday cannot be the Sabbath day. God in his wisdom knew that man would be consumed with his daily activities. Therefore, he set one day aside for man to come together and worship him. The Sabbath begins at sundown Friday and last until sundown Saturday. (Each day starts in the evening, instead of at midnight, "and the evening and morning were the fifth day" Genesis 1:23). The entire bible stresses that it is of utmost importance that we observe (attend church) the Lord's Sabbath, the seventh (7th) day. It really does matter. In the scriptures its written Proverbs 15: 32 He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding. 33 The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man realizes the importance of setting one day aside to worship God. Nevertheless, he has tried to change God's set time and law of Sabbath worship. "And he shall speak great words against the most High...and think to change times and laws..." (Daniel 7:25). This change went into effect on March 7, 321 A.D., by Emperor Constantine of Rome. Constantine, "...enjoined Sunday rest from labor, except agricultural" (Encyclopedia Britannica, Vol. 21, 1945). It is even recorded that Constantine used violence to enforce his new law, because the seventh day Sabbath was still being observed by true servants of God. Now if it would seem blasphemous for people to change their day of worship today, how do you think God felt when man changed his?

Satan had caused the second commandment to be ripped out. But he wasn't finished. The leaders changed the fourth one also!

The change of the fourth commandment was attempted gradually over a period of time so as not to arouse anyone. But the change is a masterpiece of Satan's work.

The following mind-boggling statements were made by church authorities and are documented.

"Question - Have you any other way of proving that the church (Roman Catholic) has power to institute festivals of precept?

"Answer - Had she not such power, she could not have done that in which all modern religionists agree with her - she could not have substituted the observance of Sunday, the first day of the week, for the observance of Saturday, the seventh day, a change for which there is no scriptural authority." A Doctrinal Catechism. by Stephen Keenan,pg. 174.
That's incredible!

"The Catholic church," declared Cardinal Gibbons, "by virtue of her divine mission changed the day from Saturday to Sunday." Again the question is asked to them:

Question - Which is the Sabbath day?

"Answer - Saturday is the Sabbath day.

"Question - Why do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday?

"Answer - We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the
Catholic Church, in the Council of Laodicea (A.D. 364), transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday." The Convert's Catechism of Catholic Doctrine, pg. 50, 3rd ed.

What does the fourth commandment actually say? Here it is
"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it." Exodus 20:8-11.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do church authorities acknowledge that there is no command in the Bible for the sanctification of Sunday?
They do! Look at this

The Catholic Cardinal Gibbons, in Faith of Our Fathers. pg. 111, said, "You may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation and you will not find a single line authorizing the sanctification of Sunday. The Scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which we never sanctify."

You see, in the Council of Trent (1545 A.D.), the church leaders ruled that "tradition" is of as great authority as the Bible! They believed that God had given them the authority to change the Bible any way they pleased. By "tradition" they meant human teachings.

Jesus said, "But in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." Matthew 15:9.
Just as they had brought images into the church to make it easier for the pagans to come in, they changed the Sabbath of the Bible for the same reason.

Sunday doctrine, Sun-Worship. Easter-Pagan...These things are not of Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost...Paul said in Romans 6:16 - Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

The Lord (Jesus Christ) said the seventh day of the week...Seventh day