You Serve God your way, I serve God my way, but what do the Bible say?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Over the years many have taught various ways to receive everlasting life. No wonder the world is full of so many denominations. All of these different doctrines, seemingly coming from the bible, tend only to confuse people. Most people don't know what to believe and simply choose not to attend any church. So we dealing with a lot of confusion in the Christian world today. Surely most Christian loves God the Father Almighty! Surely most Christians love their Savior, Jesus Christ! But does every Christian wants to live by what Jesus says in (Luke:4:4) And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

The reference point for Christians is the Bible, the revelation of God to mankind and source book for God's commands to us, known as the divine Law. God's laws are holy and the commandment holy, and just, and good. (Romans:7:12). They are the instructions for the way we should conduct our lives. Yet throughout history we see people trying to side-step the laws of God. Even today many Christian churches do not place as much emphasis on observing God's law as they do on ‘love’. But the fact is, we need both!

The apostle John, (1John: 4:20) If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? As we can see, God condemns those who claim to love Him while they hate their brothers. Again in, (1John:3:14) it states We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. We need to seriously take this to heart especially in these days when we see communities dividing into factions.

This is why Jesus said that the two greatest commandments are loving the Lord with all your heart, soul, and mind; and loving your neighbor as yourself (Matthew 22:35-40). These two commandments are the foundation of the entire law. Many reject the law.

Nevertheless, the bible speaks of only one way to get eternal salvation. "One Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.(Ephesians 4:5,6). The next time someone asks you what faith you are, tell them there's only one faith. The road to eternal salvation starts with knowledge of the Holy Scriptures. God doesn't want us to memorize two or three verses, but instead he left the entire bible so we can learn how to get salvation. If we learn it, believe it and obey it (the bible), salvation will be our reward. For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. (Matthew 16:27)

Reactions: Soyeong

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Hear the word of the Lord, ye children of Israel: For the Lord hath a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land." (Hosea 4:1)

Due to this lack of knowledge, man is on the brink of destruction, because of his transgression against God. The ability to think, and to know good from evil is the only thing that separates man from beast. Man has taken this gift from God for granted, and has chosen evil over good.

Jesus say in (Mat.7:21) “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven”. For students to succeed in school, students learn to follow their teachers' instructions, and learn their lessons carefully. But few apply this method when they are dealing with the word of God. Is Jesus your Lord? Then why don’t you do the things he says. (Luke 6:46) “And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say”? He told you plainly: (Ex 20:8-10) (v.8) Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. (v.9) Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: (v.10) “But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD thy God”.

Paul say in 2 Corinthians 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. Now any Christian in their right mind wouldn’t dare say that it’s okay to steal, kill or commit adultery or break any of the other seven commandments. But when it comes to the fourth commandment, people avoid it like a plague! They are either uninformed about which day is the Sabbath day of the God of the Bible or they are just following the tradition of religion that was passed down through the family or maybe they have let some preacher give them other excuses for ignoring God’s true day of worship.

In (Gen.2:2-5) (v.2) And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. (v.3) And God blessed the seventh day (every seventh day of the week is a blessed and holy day) and sanctified it (it is a day that is separated (sanctified) for a purpose) because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. (v.5) “and there was not a man to till the ground.” There was not a Jew, Catholic, Baptist, or Seventh Day Adventist; in fact, there was not a Christian when He constituted the Sabbath Day!

Let’s take a look and see what Jesus did when he came in the flesh, And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. (Luke 4:14-16)

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
many have taught various ways to receive everlasting life. No wonder the world is full of so many denominations. All of these different doctrines, seemingly coming from the bible, tend only to confuse people. Most people don't know what to believe and simply choose not to attend any church.

It helps if you identify and provide examples of claims like the 2st sentence quoted.
As for people being confused and not attending church, the non christians I've talked with, arn't confused they have no interest in Christianity.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Over the years many have taught various ways to receive everlasting life. No wonder the world is full of so many denominations. All of these different doctrines, seemingly coming from the bible, tend only to confuse people. Most people don't know what to believe and simply choose not to attend any church. So we dealing with a lot of confusion in the Christian world today. Surely most Christian loves God the Father Almighty! Surely most Christians love their Savior, Jesus Christ! But does every Christian wants to live by what Jesus says in (Luke:4:4) And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

The reference point for Christians is the Bible, the revelation of God to mankind and source book for God's commands to us, known as the divine Law. God's laws are holy and the commandment holy, and just, and good. (Romans:7:12). They are the instructions for the way we should conduct our lives. Yet throughout history we see people trying to side-step the laws of God. Even today many Christian churches do not place as much emphasis on observing God's law as they do on ‘love’. But the fact is, we need both!

The apostle John, (1John: 4:20) If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? As we can see, God condemns those who claim to love Him while they hate their brothers. Again in, (1John:3:14) it states We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. We need to seriously take this to heart especially in these days when we see communities dividing into factions.

This is why Jesus said that the two greatest commandments are loving the Lord with all your heart, soul, and mind; and loving your neighbor as yourself (Matthew 22:35-40). These two commandments are the foundation of the entire law. Many reject the law.

Nevertheless, the bible speaks of only one way to get eternal salvation. "One Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.(Ephesians 4:5,6). The next time someone asks you what faith you are, tell them there's only one faith. The road to eternal salvation starts with knowledge of the Holy Scriptures. God doesn't want us to memorize two or three verses, but instead he left the entire bible so we can learn how to get salvation. If we learn it, believe it and obey it (the bible), salvation will be our reward. For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. (Matthew 16:27)
Hi there dear Tan, peace be with you because of our Lord Jesus Christ.

You're right in witnessing what fallacy is happening out there in these denomination, making of the 'shortsighted' so called man of GOD.

By the way, which Law are you referring to, the born again Christians should follow? Whether, in the old GOD's Law through Moses, or in these last days GOD's Law through HIS Son, Jesus?

Moses' Law and the Prophets in the Old Testament foundation, or Christ's Law and the Apostles' in the New Testament foundation?

Thank you.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there dear Tan, peace be with you because of our Lord Jesus Christ.

You're right in witnessing what fallacy is happening out there in these denomination, making of the 'shortsighted' so called man of GOD.

By the way, which Law are you referring to, the born again Christians should follow? Whether, in the old GOD's Law through Moses, or in these last days GOD's Law through HIS Son, Jesus?

Moses' Law and the Prophets in the Old Testament foundation, or Christ's Law and the Apostles' in the New Testament foundation?

Thank you.
The old law and the law through Jesus is the same law, which is the Commandments, statues and Judgements. But there was another law Moses taught the people, even Paul talks about which is the animal sacrificial law. Most people think when Paul taught about the law nail to the cross, he's talking the royal law Commandments. Many fail to understand that the `New Covenant' includes a better way to implement the same set of laws that were given on Mt. Sinai, the Ten Commandments: (Jer.31:31-33) (v.31) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

(v.32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

(v.33) But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Notice that the law was not prophesied to be done away, but rather to be “put into our hearts and minds.”

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It helps if you identify and provide examples of claims like the 2st sentence quoted.
As for people being confused and not attending church, the non christians I've talked with, arn't confused they have no interest in Christianity.

There are those who believe that because Christ overcame sin and kept the law that now we don't have to keep God's laws. Some say you must obey God's word, but then they turn around and teach contrary to God's word. At best they never get around to explaining exactly what kind of works are needed to get eternal life. A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:16-19).

This was a direct answer to a direct question, which all of us will do well to take heed to. Anybody can claim to have faith, but actions speak louder than words. Faith and works go together and you can't have one without the other. "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12)

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
The old law and the law through Jesus is the same law, which is the Commandments, statues and Judgements.
First of all dear Tan, when i began to read your reply in the beginning itself, red flags were going off. Sadly to tell you the truth, the rest is probably going to be disappointing too.

What am saying is, pray and study deeper, or mean time if you have ears listen and pay attention, before you mislead others weaker than you, astray.

You were saying both are the same law, probably the same Covenant i guess?

Let me give you two simple example, that proves you're babes in Christ to the Scripture, and meantime a false witness.

"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgement. But I say to you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgement: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.'

In other words, Jesus is teaching, apparently this is what they've heard been said in the old direction. But I am saying go by this in the new direction.

Now, what born again Christians are to do with murders, stone them to death or forgive and pray for them?

Moreover, do you know there's no 'tithes' mentioned in the New Testament?

'For all who rely on works of the law are under curse, for it is written, "Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them." Now it is evident that no one is justified before GOD by the law, for "The righteous shall live by faith, But the law is not of faith, rather "The one who does them shall live by them." Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us-for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hanged on a tree."- (Galatians3:10-13)

'For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.' (James2:10)

Last edited:

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
There are those who believe that because Christ overcame sin and kept the law that now we don't have to keep God's laws. Some say you must obey God's word, but then they turn around and teach contrary to God's word. At best they never get around to explaining exactly what kind of works are needed to get eternal life. A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:16-19).
Dear amateur Tan, Tan, Tan, hold your horses before you run off the cliff, thank you.

Before Jesus fulfilled the Law and the Prophets until death on the Cross, the law was still in effect, as stated Jesus in Matthew5;17&19.

Jesus and so do the Israelites, meantime were still subjected to the Law.

Only when Jesus dying words proclaimed, "It is accomplished." And, that's when the assurance, that the Law and the Prophets were fulfilled in His lifetime.
This was a direct answer to a direct question, which all of us will do well to take heed to. Anybody can claim to have faith, but actions speak louder than words. Faith and works go together and you can't have one without the other. "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12)
Why, aren't there not the commandments of GOD in the New Testament?

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear amateur Tan, Tan, Tan, hold your horses before you run off the cliff, thank you.

Before Jesus fulfilled the Law and the Prophets until death on the Cross, the law was still in effect, as stated Jesus in Matthew5;17&19.

Jesus and so do the Israelites, meantime were still subjected to the Law.

Only when Jesus dying words proclaimed, "It is accomplished." And, that's when the assurance, that the Law and the Prophets were fulfilled in His lifetime.

Why, aren't there not the commandments of GOD in the New Testament?
The things is, the Bible from Genesis to Revelation is actually one big book that works together. Both books have to work to together. Just imagine if you were new to learning the word of God and you read the Bible from the beginning to the end, I don't believe you would ask that question. But because of the confusion that's being taught, I understand why you ask the question. Let's take a look at what Paul says in (Rom. 13:7-10) (v.7) Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. (v.8) Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. That’s the biblical definition of love, the keeping of God’s law. (v.9) For this, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF. (v.10) Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

And that is what God’s holy commandments are all about; the first four tells you how to love God and the last six tells you how to love your neighbor. If you love your God you will not do any thing to offend him, like having other gods before him. You will do as he says like remember the sabbath day to keep it holy on the seventh day of the week. If you love him you will obey him when he tells you not to eat certain meats etc… And the same goes for your fellow man, if you love your neighbor you wouldn’t steal from him, you wouldn’t kill him, you wouldn’t try and sleep with his wife and so on and so forth. (See exodus 20: 1-17)

I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father. And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another. And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it. (2 John 1: 4-6)

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all dear Tan, when i began to read your reply in the beginning itself, red flags were going off. Sadly to tell you the truth, the rest is probably going to be disappointing too.

What am saying is, pray and study deeper, or mean time if you have ears listen and pay attention, before you mislead others weaker than you, astray.

You were saying both are the same law, probably the same Covenant i guess?

Let me give you two simple example, that proves you're babes in Christ to the Scripture, and meantime a false witness.

"Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgement. But I say to you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgement: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.'

In other words, Jesus is teaching, apparently this is what they've heard been said in the old direction. But I am saying go by this in the new direction.

Now, what born again Christians are do with murders, stone them to death or forgive and pray for them?

Moreover, do you know there's no 'tithes' mentioned in the New Testament?

'For all who rely on works of the law are under curse, for it is written, "Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them." Now it is evident that no one is justified before GOD by the law, for "The righteous shall live by faith, But the law is not of faith, rather "The one who does them shall live by them." Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us-for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hanged on a tree."- (Galatians3:10-13)

'For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.' (James2:10)
I'm not going to respond to this post to much, because I see the spirit on this post is not comfortable, plus you have know idea who I am. What you can do is pray and ask, maybe the lord will answer depending on your heart.

peace in Jesus name

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
The things is, the Bible from Genesis to Revelation is actually one big book that works together. Both books have to work to together. Just imagine if you were new to learning the word of God and you read the Bible from the beginning to the end, I don't believe you would ask that question. But because of the confusion that's being taught, I understand why you ask the question. Let's take a look at what Paul says in (Rom. 13:7-10) (v.7) Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. (v.8) Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. That’s the biblical definition of love, the keeping of God’s law. (v.9) For this, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF. (v.10) Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

And that is what God’s holy commandments are all about; the first four tells you how to love God and the last six tells you how to love your neighbor. If you love your God you will not do any thing to offend him, like having other gods before him. You will do as he says like remember the sabbath day to keep it holy on the seventh day of the week. If you love him you will obey him when he tells you not to eat certain meats etc… And the same goes for your fellow man, if you love your neighbor you wouldn’t steal from him, you wouldn’t kill him, you wouldn’t try and sleep with his wife and so on and so forth. (See exodus 20: 1-17)

I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father. And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another. And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it. (2 John 1: 4-6)
Galatians 3:10-13 & James 2:10

Disciple and stick to the commandments and teaching of Jesus from Matthew chapter 5, including the other three Gospels, to Revelation.

Last edited:

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
I'm not going to respond to this post to much, because I see the spirit on this post is not comfortable, plus you have know idea who I am. What you can do is pray and ask, maybe the lord will answer depending on your heart.

peace in Jesus name
Dearly beloved brethren Tan, please don't give up and take not the wrong approach, but listen to the Spirit who inspired the Scripture, thank you.

'For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus (N.T.) hath made me free from the law of sin and death (O.T.). For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, GOD sending HIS own Son in the likeness sinful flesh, and for sin, condemn sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.' (Romans8:2-4)

Have also taken into account the quotation you've posted defending the law. But also take into account the quotation i've posted and compare them, thank you.

May GOD the FATHER of our Lord Jesus Christ help and bless you and alike.

'And besides this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; and to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall. For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.' (2Peter1:5-11)

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dearly beloved brethren Tan, please don't give up and take not the wrong approach, but listen to the Spirit who inspired the Scripture, thank you.

'For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus (N.T.) hath made me free from the law of sin and death (O.T.). For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, GOD sending HIS own Son in the likeness sinful flesh, and for sin, condemn sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.' (Romans8:2-4)
What law do you think you are free from? And what is the righteousness of the law? Let's see how much of Paul writing you understand.

Have also taken into account the quotation you've posted defending the law. But also take into account the quotation i've posted and compare them, thank you.

May GOD the FATHER of our Lord Jesus Christ help and bless you and alike.

'And besides this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; and to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall. For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.' (2Peter1:5-11)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The old law and the law through Jesus is the same law, which is the Commandments, statues and Judgements. But there was another law Moses taught the people, even Paul talks about which is the animal sacrificial law. Most people think when Paul taught about the law nail to the cross, he's talking the royal law Commandments. Many fail to understand that the `New Covenant' includes a better way to implement the same set of laws that were given on Mt. Sinai, the Ten Commandments: (Jer.31:31-33) (v.31) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

(v.32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

(v.33) But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Notice that the law was not prophesied to be done away, but rather to be “put into our hearts and minds.”
You are inserting yourself into someone else's contract.

It's like, you see your neighbor has a shiny new car in his driveway, and you notice that every month he sends a check to finance company, so you take out your checkbook, and write a check for the same amount, you mail it to the finance company, and you keep watching your driveway, waiting to see that shiny new car.

But you have to go to a dealer, and get your own contract to buy a car. The dealer will give you your terms, and if you fulfill your contract, then you get the car.

The Law and the Prophets are God's contract with the nation of Israel, not anyone else.

Much love!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

You Serve God your way, I serve God my way, but what do the Bible say?​

What you've done to the least, you've done it to me. Matthew 25:40

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are inserting yourself into someone else's contract.

It's like, you see your neighbor has a shiny new car in his driveway, and you notice that every month he sends a check to finance company, so you take out your checkbook, and write a check for the same amount, you mail it to the finance company, and you keep watching your driveway, waiting to see that shiny new car.

But you have to go to a dealer, and get your own contract to buy a car. The dealer will give you your terms, and if you fulfill your contract, then you get the car.

The Law and the Prophets are God's contract with the nation of Israel, not anyone else.

Much love!

Paul said in Ephesians 2: 11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 that at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: 13 but now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 - And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

The foundation of the church started in the wilderness on the seventh day of the week, Stephen mention that in Acts 7:38 - This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:
Which is still good to this day, any other day is not of God and you can't read it in the word of God!

We understand that Peter said in 2Peter 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Peter is letting us know that prophecy, from Genesis to Malachi is more surer then the New Testament. Let see how Paul word it in Ephesians 2: 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

So is Paul telling the Gentiles how important the old testament is, and how they have the same laws as Israel do. In the scriptures it's written in Isaiah 8: 20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Now lets go into the future, in Ezekiel 44: 6 And thou shalt say to the rebellious, even to the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; O ye house of Israel, let it suffice you of all your abominations,7 In that ye have brought into my sanctuary strangers, uncircumcised in heart, and uncircumcised in flesh, to be in my sanctuary, to pollute it, even my house, when ye offer my bread, the fat and the blood, and they have broken my covenant because of all your abominations.8 And ye have not kept the charge of mine holy things: but ye have set keepers of my charge in my sanctuary for yourselves. 9 Thus saith the Lord GOD; No stranger, uncircumcised in heart, nor uncircumcised in flesh, shall enter into my sanctuary, of any stranger that is among the children of Israel.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says in (Mat.5:17-19) (v.17) Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. (v.18) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. (v.19) Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

He fulfilled many prophecies - but not all. There are many in the Book of Revelation still to be fulfilled. There is still some in the Old Testament that hasn’t been fulfilled. Jesus at His first coming came to fulfilled that which was written for Him to fulfill at His first coming. He has NOT fulfilled everything that was written for Him to do. And He kept all of the Law that he could - but that was not all! He was not a Temple priest. He was not a woman. He could not keep the laws intended only for priests and women. No matter how you think about Jesus, there is still much to be fulfilled! So not even the smallest part has yet passed from God's Law! Jesus made it quite clear that anyone who would break even the least commandment and teach people to do so would be called the least in the kingdom of heaven.

The fact is, God did not find fault with His laws but rather with the people who did not obey them. (Hebrews: 8) (v.7) For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.(v.8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Paul says in Hebrews then proceeds to quote Jeremiah 31: 31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: 33 but this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You Serve God your way, I serve God my way, but what do the Bible say?​

What you've done to the least, you've done it to me. Matthew 25:40
That doesn't apply to criminals, you might actually get into a fight with a child predator or home invader. And then you didn't really do it to Jesus did you. Come on man start learning context, aaarrrgggghhhh!