You Serve God your way, I serve God my way, but what do the Bible say?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That doesn't apply to criminals, you might actually get into a fight with a child predator or home invader. And then you didn't really do it to Jesus did you. Come on man start learning context, aaarrrgggghhhh!
and the criminals came and beat Jesus to a pulp, then killed him. Is that some sort of context as to how the Kingdom of God operates?....ie, love your enemies....or are they just 'nice' words which can be poured out by the bucketload but have no substance in reality?

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
What law do you think you are free from?
Free from the law of sin and death of Moses, where we Gentiles are saved by grace and through faith by the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus in the New Testament. (Romans8:2)

'For as many as have sinned without the law shall also perish without the law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judge by the law.' (Romans2:12)

And what is the righteousness of the law?
The righteousness of the law is not obeying and practicing to the letter is the fulfillment. But, obeying and fulfilling to it's requirements, and that's what Jesus did, by also nailing the sinful flesh on the Cross.

So, the fulfillment have been met and debt have been paid, therefore the law is abolished. And the Temple have been destroyed, and GOD's presence have left from the Most Holy Place, as it's curtain tore into two.
Let's see how much of Paul writing you understand.
How many quotes of Apostle Paul am also quoting, but you seem to ignore. And, specifically quote your shortsighted out of context version through again and again.

i believe it's time to leave you on your own, tqvm.

Last edited:
Reactions: GracePeace

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul said in Ephesians 2: 11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 that at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: 13 but now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 - And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

The foundation of the church started in the wilderness on the seventh day of the week, Stephen mention that in Acts 7:38 - This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:
Which is still good to this day, any other day is not of God and you can't read it in the word of God!

We understand that Peter said in 2Peter 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Peter is letting us know that prophecy, from Genesis to Malachi is more surer then the New Testament. Let see how Paul word it in Ephesians 2: 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

So is Paul telling the Gentiles how important the old testament is, and how they have the same laws as Israel do. In the scriptures it's written in Isaiah 8: 20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Now lets go into the future, in Ezekiel 44: 6 And thou shalt say to the rebellious, even to the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; O ye house of Israel, let it suffice you of all your abominations,7 In that ye have brought into my sanctuary strangers, uncircumcised in heart, and uncircumcised in flesh, to be in my sanctuary, to pollute it, even my house, when ye offer my bread, the fat and the blood, and they have broken my covenant because of all your abominations.8 And ye have not kept the charge of mine holy things: but ye have set keepers of my charge in my sanctuary for yourselves. 9 Thus saith the Lord GOD; No stranger, uncircumcised in heart, nor uncircumcised in flesh, shall enter into my sanctuary, of any stranger that is among the children of Israel.
I don't really understand what you are trying to say here. Do you in fact understand that the covenant that God made with Israel was in fact with Israel only?

Much love!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You Serve God your way, I serve God my way, but what do the Bible say?

Gods Order and Way

Glory to God,
Taken

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't really understand what you are trying to say here. Do you in fact understand that the covenant that God made with Israel was in fact with Israel only?

Much love!
That's was Paul what is saying in Ephesians 2nd Chapter, but you don't understand. It started off with Israel now the strangers which include the other nations have to keep the same Commandments, Statues and Judgement as do Israel. Like I mention before, you have to unlearn what you think you know to learn this word of God. Go back and read it again slowly, but pray first for understanding, then come back to me with questions. Paul said in 2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

peace in Jesus name

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's was Paul what is saying in Ephesians 2nd Chapter, but you don't understand. It started off with Israel now the strangers which include the other nations have to keep the same Commandments, Statues and Judgement as do Israel. Like I mention before, you have to unlearn what you think you know to learn this word of God. Go back and read it again slowly, but pray first for understanding, then come back to me with questions. Paul said in 2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

peace in Jesus name
From the two he made one new man. Not, he added the one to the other.

Much love!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Free from the law of sin and death of Moses, where we Gentiles are saved by grace and through faith by the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus in the New Testament. (Romans8:2)

'For as many as have sinned without the law shall also perish without the law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judge by the law.' (Romans2:12)
So how are you free from a law that you can be judge by? Cause as you quoted: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judge by the law. Again God had Peter to clearly warn people about some of Paul’s writing. (2Peter:3:15-16) (v.15) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; (v.16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

The righteousness of the law is not obeying and practicing to the letter is the fulfillment. But, obeying and fulfilling to it's requirements, and that's what Jesus did, by also nailing the sinful flesh on the Cross.

So, the fulfillment have been met and debt have been paid, therefore the law is abolished. And the Temple have been destroyed, and GOD's presence have left from the Most Holy Place, as it's curtain tore into two.

How many quotes of Apostle Paul am also quoting, but you seem to ignore. And, specifically quote your shortsighted out of context version through again and again.

i believe it's time to leave you on your own, tqvn.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the two he made one new man. Not, he added the one to the other.

Much love!
I ask you to go back and read it again slowly, but pray first for understanding, then come back to me with questions. You didn't do it.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ask you to go back and read it again slowly, but pray first for understanding, then come back to me with questions. You didn't do it.
Perhaps you should be asking me a question. Do you know what it is? Perhaps you should slowly, prayfully, think it through? I'd say yes, but it's a personal matter, you have to choose for yourself whether you want to actually know these things.

Seriously, though, if you want a conversation, be real about it. That's what would interest me.

Meanwhile, I don't mind giving a Scripture here and there that dispels your ideas, I'm hoping you will actually pay attention.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So how are you free from a law that you can be judge by?
By death.

Romans 7:1-6 KJV
1) Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
2) For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
3) So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
4) Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
5) For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6) But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

For a Christian to attempt to keep the Law is spiritual adultery. You are not supposed to be serving the Law, you are supposed to be serving Christ.

Much love!

Reactions: Fred J

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ask you to go back and read it again slowly,
Read the passage at hand, and pay careful attention to where you see the part I quoted, making from the 2 one new man.

And take special notice that it does not say that the one was added to the other, which is what you are asserting.

Much love!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you should be asking me a question. Do you know what it is? Perhaps you should slowly, prayfully, think it through? I'd say yes, but it's a personal matter, you have to choose for yourself whether you want to actually know these things.

Seriously, though, if you want a conversation, be real about it. That's what would interest me.

Meanwhile, I don't mind giving a Scripture here and there that dispels your ideas, I'm hoping you will actually pay attention.

Much love!
Peace in Jesus name

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says in (Matt. 7:21-23) (v.21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father, which is in heaven. You mean you must do more than call on the name of the Lord to enter into the kingdom of heaven? (Which will be set up on this earth)? (v.22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in thy name have cast out devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works? (v.23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Now this is not the harlot, the thief, or the murder, these are religious people; some had the power to cast out devils. And what did they put before the Lord? Their works! It’s obvious that their iniquity overrode their wonderful works. But they put their works on the table before the Lord, that’s what you are going to be judged by, your works!

It’s easy for people to say how much they love the Lord, they may be able to deceive man, but God knows the mind. Many profess they know God, but in their works they deny him everyday. Paul said in (Titus 1:16) They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him; being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. Yea, most people are talking about how they know God with their lips, but by they works they are doing something totally different. The Lord God commanded you to remember the Sabbath day (which is the seventh day of the week) to keep it holy and you deny him to his face by saying “I go to church on Sunday (the first day of the week) because Paul broke bread on Sunday”.

The commandments of God are not hard to keep (I John 5:3) and furthermore, they teach us love in the highest degree. If you love Jesus you will keep his commandments (St. John 14:15). You will not displease the Lord by: Worshipping other gods, having graven images, taking his name in vain, breaking his Sabbath day (which is Saturday not Sunday), or dishonoring your parents. On the other hand, if you love your neighbor as yourself you will not kill him, commit adultery with his spouse, steal from him, falsely accuse him, or covet anything of his.

Many fight to uphold man's traditional holidays (Sunday the 1st day as the Sabbath, Christmas, Easter and Halloween), but few are obeying God's Holy Days (Saturday the 7th day Sabbath, the Passover, Pentecost, etc...Leviticus 23:1-44). All of God's laws are still good and must be obeyed if we want eternal life. We might not be able to observe everything perfectly, but can fight a good fight. If we do this our prize awaits us at the end. "...if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments" (Matthew 19:17)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You Serve God your way, I serve God my way, but what do the Bible say?​

Galatians 5:2-6 KJV
2) Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
3) For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
4) Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
5) For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6) For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Galatians 6:12-15 KJV
12) As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; only lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ.
13) For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.
14) But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
15) For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

Much love!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 5:2-6 KJV
2) Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
3) For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
4) Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
5) For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
6) For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Galatians 6:12-15 KJV
12) As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; only lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ.
13) For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.
14) But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
15) For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

Much love!
When the bible speaks of laws we no longer have to keep, it is speaking of the sacrificial laws and Priesthood laws. These laws were a school master pointing us to the fact that Jesus would be sacrificed for our sins. Since Jesus died we are no longer under a school master, (required to offer up bulls and goats for our sins).

Now we must believe (have faith) Jesus died for us (Hebrews 10:4,9-10) 4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. 9 then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

This doesn't mean we don't have to obey God's moral laws of conduct. That would be like a man getting paroled from prison and then ignoring the same laws that sent him to prison in the first place. Jesus only died once, so if we willingly break God's law, after accepting Jesus, our reward will be eternal damnation (Hebrews 10:26-27) 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Let us avoid this at all costs, seeking a better reward. Jesus will return real soon And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. (Revelation 22:12).

Throughout the bible we find that in order to receive eternal salvation we must keep God's commandments to the end. If we make a mistake we must not give up, but I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:13-14). The last chapter in the whole bible reminds us of this one last time. "Blessed are they that do his commandments that they may have right to the tree of life." (Revelation 22:14). After this we find only seven more verses in the bible, and none of them does away with God's commandments.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the bible speaks of laws we no longer have to keep, it is speaking of the sacrificial laws and Priesthood laws.
Actually, the Bible defines the Law as a single thing, which you either keep or do not. James was clear about this, if you break 1 law, you are a lawbreaker, and guilty of all.

James 2:10 KJV
For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

If you do everything right, and just fail in one little thing, that's it, the jig is up.

So then . . . if you hold to the Law, you have already become a lawbreaker, and that's that. This is why you cannot become righteous by the Law. The Law only condemns you, because you are already a lawbreaker, and nothing changes that, except regeneration.

And having been regenerated, will you now continue under the Law that only condemns you? Again remembering, if you are guilty in the slightest matter, you are guilty of all?

Remember . . . there is no temple, no Levites, you cannot in a literal way, in these days, keep the rules of God's covenant with Israel.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Hebrews 10:26-27) 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Yes, once you've learned about Jesus, you cannot just go back to offering more sheep, and goats, and bulls, as though Jesus' blood were no more efficacious than an animal's blood.

Much love!

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 - And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Is this not clear enough for you??

Where, in the foundation of the Apostles who foretell their witnessing in the New Testament. And, in the foundation of the Prophets who foretold their witnessing in the Old Testament, requoted confirming with the events in the New Testament.

Based on these two foundations, the Old of the Prophets confirming with the New Of the Apostles, aren't the saved born again Jews and Gentiles as one fellowcitizens, have been built upon???

Even, Moses prophesied saying, "And the Lord said unto me, 'They have well spoken that which they have spoken. I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put MY words in His mouth; and He shall speak unto them all that I shall command Him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto MY words which He shall speak in MY name, I will require it of him. .......................................' ......" (Deuteronomy 18:18)

Jesus started discipling from Matthew chapter 5 to the Book of Revelation, there are commandments and instructions and cautioning teaching intact. Whosoever are hearers and doers to these teaching of His, are unto wise builders, besides the ones who are hears and not doers, are unto foolish builders. (Matthew 7:24-27)

Likewise, if who continue in His word, then are they His disciples indeed; And they shall know the truth, and the truth shall make them free. (John8:31&32)

For it is written; "Man shall not live by bread alone but by the every word that proceeded out of the mouth of GOD."

Since that Prophet have come in the flesh named Jesus, have given and made with us the New Covenant/Testament/Agreement. And, we are required to hear Him speak GOD's words as sent, or if not, surely GOD will require it of us.

Therefore, why should i even disobey Moses with his given fulfilled prophecy, by listening again to his given law and whilst live by it ???

Am i not being wise in my own conceit and accumulating trouble for myself on judgement day??? (Romans12:16end/2:5)

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Dear, Mr Tan and others who are backwards abiding by the law and listening to Moses once again. But, apparently non compliance to the law of sacrifice and priesthood anymore.

Therefore, probably by abiding the law of Moses, you men supposedly have been circumcised right???

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
So how are you free from a law that you can be judge by? Cause as you quoted: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judge by the law.
Apparently, some of you are shortsighted and determining teaching out of context version. Ones, unable to see afar according to the full context and sound doctrine that tells the truth.