You shall know them their fruits

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see you do not know your own church's writings.

Dogma is a derogatory term for a hardened indoctrination.

I believe it is incumbent on the believer to walk in works of righteousness. And I believe every believer should obey the command to be baptized. Beyond that, not much.

dogma is from the Latin de fide or “thee faith” the faith of Christians or the ancient faith of the apostles
Dogma is short concise statements of thee faith!
For example:
There is only one God!

You as most who claim the name Christian believe about 80 to 90 percent of Catholic dogma

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
dogma is from the Latin de fide or “thee faith” the faith of Christians or the ancient faith of the apostles
Dogma is short concise statements of thee faith!
For example:
There is only one God!

You as most who claim the name Christian believe about 80 to 90 percent of Catholic dogma
Dogma has a new connotation. A negative one. Nobody likes DOGMATIC people. They do not discuss. They engage in one sided discourse about what they are sure is right and are completely closed off to listening to what anyone else says. They only have one agenda, and one agenda only, and that is to tell you why they are right and why you are wrong, end of story, with no consideration given to the potential for them to gain further insights into the matter.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dogma has a new connotation. A negative one. Nobody likes DOGMATIC people. They do not discuss. They engage in one sided discourse about what they are sure is right and are completely closed off to listening to what anyone else says. They one have one agenda, and one agenda only, and that is to tell you why they are right and why you are wrong, end of story, with no consideration given to the potential for them to gain further insights into the matter.

it is the duty of the church (christ thru his church) to teach!

lk 1:1 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us,

2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word;

3 It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus,

4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

lk 1:1 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us,

2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word;

3 It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus,

4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Dogma for your instruction

137. The Church was founded by the God-Man Jesus Christ.
138. Our Redeemer Himself conserves with divine power the society founded by Him, the Church.
139. Christ is the Divine Redeemer of His Body, the Church.
140. Christ founded the Church in order to continue His work of redemption for all time.

153. The Church founded by Christ is unique and one.
154. The Church founded by Christ is holy.
155. The Church founded by Christ is catholic.
156. The Church founded by Christ is apostolic.
157. Membership of the Church is necessary for all men for salvation.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think you know nobody's knocking teaching. What people can't stand are dogmatic people who don't give an inch to consider that they just might add to their learning and insight if they would just stop being so hardened and closed minded and unbendable and sure of themselves!

You'd be amazed what you can learn when you humbly acknowledge that you just might not know all there is to know about something. I've probably learned the most about Christianity by just giving other people the courtesy to speak and to actually listen and consider what they're saying. If I had not done that I'd still be locked in the narrow mindset of what I started out believing in the beginning.

You gotta leave a little space for something you never thought of, but were sure doesn't exist.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you know nobody's knocking teaching. What people can't stand are dogmatic people who don't give an inch to consider that they just might add to their learning and insight if they would just stop being so hardened and closed minded and unbendable and sure of themselves!

You'd be amazed what you can learn when you humbly acknowledge that you just might not know all there is to know about something. I've probably learned the most about Christianity by just giving other people the courtesy to speak and to actually listen and consider what they're saying. If I had not done that I'd still be locked in the narrow mindset of what I started out believing in the beginning.

You gotta leave a little space for something you never thought of, but were sure doesn't exist.

the deposit of faith was handed from Christ Jesus to the apostles
Full and complete eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the 10-20 % that is the issue, the leaven of the Pharisees. I Would say the same of most other denominations as well.

it’s all in the deposit of faith Jude 1:3
Just because you misunderstand it don’t make untrue, there are no denominations in the Bible only the one true church founded by Christ Jesus on Peter and the apostles Jn 10:16 matt 16:18 eph 2:20

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it’s all in the deposit of faith Jude 1:3
Just because you misunderstand it don’t make untrue, there are no denominations in the Bible only the one true church founded by Christ Jesus on Peter and the apostles Jn 10:16 matt 16:18 eph 2:20

The true church founded on the teachings of the apostles purges out the old leaven and does not tolerate and condone it, heeding the instruction of the apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 5. My Hope is that one day the faithful in the catholic church will heed these words as well but it begins with people like you hearing the truth of the word of God that there is leaven in your church that needs to be purged and that leaven is the Nicolaitanism of the authorities and the Idolatry of the mass, and the religious spirits at work in that church. The reformation was a start to this, but eventually the reformation churches fell into the same sort of leaven under a different flag, that purging continued with the likes of Wesley, but even his church fell into the leaven of the Pharisees, this led to the charismatic movement based on holiness which is now also falling into the Nar and other such leaven of the Pharisees. There is a cyclical nature to this of liberation and truth followed by constraint and nicolaitanism which is part and partial to human nature and our sinful nature showing itself by quenching the Spirit of revival and renewal in the church. I see the denominations as nothing more than markers of past revivals and renewals the first being the great schism.

I Believe there is one true church and it is not the RCC nor any other denomination out there, that is right the rcc is just another denomination in my eyes. The true church is the Pure bride of Christ, and consists of believers of all denominations who are seeking the truth in the word of God and not the teachings of men. They are fundamentalists, and charismatic, they are high church and spontaneous in their worship, they are baptist and Wesleyan, they are Arminian and Calvinist, they are protestant and Catholic, they are orthodox and not so orthodox. They have one thing in common, Christ and Him Crucified and risen again. their focus is solely on Christ Jesus, not on earthly kingdoms. We agree on the essentials of the faith, on others we welcome discussion and dialogue, not dogma and Nicolaitan dictatorship. You believe that Jesus is the Lord (1 Corinthians 12:3) and that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh (1 John 4:1-6) so we are brothers in that regard not enemies, But from that point on, your focus is on building a worldly kingdom, not a spiritual one which is where we differ. I Have been down that road only to lead to failure, and now I am on the road of building not by power or by might, but by his Spirit a kingdom that cannot fall victim to the whiles of the Nicolaitan leaven, One that is not seen by man but feared of by demons and the principalities of this world, for they cannot corrupt this kingdom as they have with all the previous ones, one where we are free indeed by the one who sets us free, Christ Jesus. No man can corrupt this kingdom. the Pure church arriving at the fulness of Christ (Ephesians 4:11-16).

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...there are no denominations in the Bible...
...including the Catholic church denomination.

There is only one church, and that is the sum total of all born again believers spread out to the four corners of the earth. They are spread out in virtually all of our man made denominations, even the Catholic church denomination.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The true church founded on the teachings of the apostles purges out the old leaven and does not tolerate and condone it, heeding the instruction of the apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 5. My Hope is that one day the faithful in the catholic church will heed these words as well but it begins with people like you hearing the truth of the word of God that there is leaven in your church that needs to be purged and that leaven is the Nicolaitanism of the authorities and the Idolatry of the mass, and the religious spirits at work in that church. The reformation was a start to this, but eventually the reformation churches fell into the same sort of leaven under a different flag, that purging continued with the likes of Wesley, but even his church fell into the leaven of the Pharisees, this led to the charismatic movement based on holiness which is now also falling into the Nar and other such leaven of the Pharisees. There is a cyclical nature to this of liberation and truth followed by constraint and nicolaitanism which is part and partial to human nature and our sinful nature showing itself by quenching the Spirit of revival and renewal in the church. I see the denominations as nothing more than markers of past revivals and renewals the first being the great schism.

I Believe there is one true church and it is not the RCC nor any other denomination out there, that is right the rcc is just another denomination in my eyes. The true church is the Pure bride of Christ, and consists of believers of all denominations who are seeking the truth in the word of God and not the teachings of men. They are fundamentalists, and charismatic, they are high church and spontaneous in their worship, they are baptist and Wesleyan, they are Arminian and Calvinist, they are protestant and Catholic, they are orthodox and not so orthodox. They have one thing in common, Christ and Him Crucified and risen again. their focus is solely on Christ Jesus, not on earthly kingdoms. We agree on the essentials of the faith, on others we welcome discussion and dialogue, not dogma and Nicolaitan dictatorship. You believe that Jesus is the Lord (1 Corinthians 12:3) and that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh (1 John 4:1-6) so we are brothers in that regard not enemies, But from that point on, your focus is on building a worldly kingdom, not a spiritual one which is where we differ. I Have been down that road only to lead to failure, and now I am on the road of building not by power or by might, but by his Spirit a kingdom that cannot fall victim to the whiles of the Nicolaitan leaven, One that is not seen by man but feared of by demons and the principalities of this world, for they cannot corrupt this kingdom as they have with all the previous ones, one where we are free indeed by the one who sets us free, Christ Jesus. No man can corrupt this kingdom. the Pure church arriving at the fulness of Christ (Ephesians 4:11-16).

Idolatry of the mass,
what idolatry?
It’s the propitiatory sacrifice Christ offered to the glory of the father in the unity of the HS

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...including the Catholic church denomination.

There is only one church, and that is the sum total of all born again believers spread out to the four corners of the earth. They are spread out in virtually all of our man made denominations, even the Catholic church denomination.

that’s an ancient heresy condemned by the apostles
Acts 2:42

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No argument only biblical understanding as opposed to a puritanical fundamentalist Protestantism
No, you're fishing for an argument about 'faith alone'. And not James' 'faith alone' but the common misunderstanding of Paul's faith 'apart from works'.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you're fishing for an argument about 'faith alone'. And not James' 'faith alone' but the common misunderstanding of Paul's faith 'apart from works'.

paul did not say faith apart from works,
He said faith apart from works of the law, not works

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idolatry of the mass,
what idolatry?
It’s the propitiatory sacrifice Christ offered to the glory of the father in the unity of the HS

We do not worship a pancake, but a living God. An idol is something that takes the form of God, whether a statue or a relic, Just like how the Brazen serpent had to be destroyed by Hezekiah, because it became a god to be worshipped. What Your church needs is a Hezekiah or a Josiah to reform it.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller