Your Understanding Of (John 14:23-24)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

Also how do you believe God manifest himself to one after he makes his home in someone?

(John 14:23-24) “Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.”

(Jerusalem Bible)

(John 14:23-24) “Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.” (King James Version)

(John 14:23-24) “Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.” (NIV)

(John 14:23-24) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him. Anyone who does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not my own: it is the word of the Father who sent me.” (New (Jerusalem Bible)

(John 14:23-24) Jesus answered and said to him, "Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him.

Whoever does not love me does not keep my words; yet the word you hear is not mine but that of the Father who sent me.

(New American Bible)

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does He manifest?

With a Divine Love inside you directly from Him; followed by gifts of deep insight and wisdom.
How that then manifests is a profound humility, gentleness, kindness towards everyone -because
you see - everywhere you look - there He is; the gay man, the homeless man, your angry boss, your
demented neighbor, the rude forum poster - the hungry dog. He appears everywhere in front of you, usually in need.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
Why am I not surprised to find you two in the same thread?
You know Thankful 1 Miss Hepburns last best friend was Aspen.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, Aspen's still my best buddy. (Next to you gregg...)

If you're nice to God you can be, too, Bud02 !!
:)

Reactions: gregg and aspen

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
Hey, Aspen's still my best buddy. (Next to you gregg...)

If you're nice to God you can be, too, Bud02 !!
:)

God is just one big mixed bag right. You can find him anywhere, any how any way.

Well I didn't directly reply to the last I seen you reply to, where you were witnessing to Jobeliano on how to receive the Holy Spirit. You were promoting Andrew Wommack as the source of your introduction to the HS. http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/12959-so-how-do-i-get-holy-spirit/page__view__findpost__p__92852
So I posted a video of him about somethings he has to say. So I posted it in a tread I was in as a contrast to what I believe. You imply I am not nice to God, and just how is it you know my heart? Im certain many responded the same about what Jesus had to say Mt 12:22
Video http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/12851-understanding-the-trinity/page__view__findpost__p__92858
I choose the horse I bet on a bit differently. Luke 17:20-21

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You imply I am not nice to God, ....

What are earth are you talking about?
I implied nothing of the sort!!!!

I don't know you Bud02, I have no recollection of any of your posts I'm sorry -
I'm sure I have seen them around.

If this is how you're mind works - fabricating fiction - I will
have to bid you adieu, I simply have no time for that.
Light-hearted, innocent fun has been turned into weirdness. Ick.
Cya,
Miss Hepburn