Youversion Bible Studies

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
40 Day Lent

Experiencing Jesus Together Through Lent • Devotional
https://bible.com/reading-plans/18351/day/37?segment=0

Day 37:

Scripture:
“The preparations of the heart belong to man, But the answer of the tongue is from the Lord. All the ways of a man are clean in his own sight, But the Lord weighs the motives. Commit your works to the Lord And your plans will be established. The Lord has made everything for its own purpose.”
Proverbs 16:1-4 NKJV

Reflection:

As Jesus was drawing closer to the appointed time of the Passover, he knew the purpose the Father had for him. The disciples and other followers had other plans, thoughts of what the future would hold. Jesus knew he could trust the plan because the Father’s purpose was so much greater.

What plans have you created? Have you partnered with God? Ask Him today to give you a vision that requires God to step in and establish it, then enjoy the journey and adventure.

Thoughts:I have some ministries on my heart that I'm not really sure what plans to make with. I am trusting God with them, but should "dream" more about it. Children's and music ministry are two ministries on my heart deep. I have always been called in a missions sense in these areas, but haven't intentionally planned how to do that. I really do need to pray to God about it more.

Praise + Prayer:

Father God, we praise You and thank You that Your plans for us are way better than we can even imagine. Thank You that for the joy set before Him, Jesus walked out Your plan and endured the cross so that we could know You. Today Father, give us a bigger vision of what’s possible and how we can partner with You. Give us courage to step out in faith and see You and Jesus be glorified. Thank You, Holy Spirit, for leading us. Amen.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How have I missed this? Bit late to join in now, but I'll try.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How have I missed this? Bit late to join in now, but I'll try.

Never too late. The 40 day lent, a couple friends from church was doing this with me on youversion. This one ends in a few days, and we can do another Easter study or something if anyone wants too to do it together. Or I can just post them here this way. I learned how to share the devotion from the site, and just been posting the verse/reflection/and prayer here with my thoughts...

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Never too late. The 40 day lent, a couple friends from church was doing this with me on youversion. This one ends in a few days, and we can do another Easter study or something if anyone wants too to do it together. Or I can just post them here this way. I learned how to share the devotion from the site, and just been posting the verse/reflection/and prayer here with my thoughts...
I'll try to follow the next few days and look out for the new one.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
40 Day Lent

https://bible.com/reading-plans/18351/day/38?segment=0

Day 38:

Scripture:
“Then Mary took a twelve-ounce jar of expensive perfume made from essence of nard, and she anointed Jesus’ feet with it, wiping his feet with her hair. The house was filled with the fragrance.” John 12:3 NLT

Reflection:
Have you learned how to sit at the feet of Jesus and receive from him? If the answer is no, ask God to show you what is preventing you from receiving.

Thoughts: Just a wonderful reminder. I tend to have the infamous Martha personality (I know, different woman and parable). But this is what prevents me from receiving from Jesus sometimes, because I get my mind on many things. These small things that drive me crazy cause me to start sinking like Peter walking on water, because I forget to rest at Jesus feet and have faith that He is working things out for my good. It is hard sometimes to wait on the Lord when my automatic response is to want to fix things. He validates and completes me. I don't have to prove myself to anyone. Like Mary washing Jesus feet with the perfume and her hair, she didn't care about what anyone else thought. She was just serving God and then Jesus said her sins were forgiven and she would be remembered by this small act. I do tend to care what people think. But to receive from God, I just need to care about what He thinks.

Praise + Prayer:
Father God,
Help me to discern when I need to serve, like Martha, and when I need to sit at Your feet and receive, like Mary. I lay down my agenda for my life, the mundane tasks and submit those to You. Show me what You want to accomplish each day. Help me to remember to be still and to receive from You. You are worthy of it all. I don’t want to miss a word that You are speaking to me. Open up my ears to hear You, my eyes to see You and my heart to receive You. In Jesus' name, amen.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm more of a sitter than a doer and can sit for ages just waiting to hear from God and I love to share what he gives me.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
40 Day Lent

https://bible.com/reading-plans/18351/day/39?segment=0

Day 39:

Scripture:
“And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed.” Romans 13:11 NKJV

Reflection:
Jesus was drawing closer to his destination of purpose. He knew the time and season of his journey’s end. There was much to be done, final ideas to be emphasized and modeled for us. Things like “love”, “service”, and “community”. As we see the signs and understand the season, what preparations do we need to make?Take a moment to ask Holy Spirit how you can prepare as we await, with anticipation, the arrival of the “bridegroom”, the destination of promise.

Thoughts: I can imagine Jesus on a cloud far far away. I do not know when He is coming. 50 years may seem long to us, but is long when it comes to infinity. But until then, I want my hands moving and my spirit growing closer and closer to my Lord Jesus Christ. I need to continue following His Word and reaching others for Christ as His Word says to do.

Praise + Prayer:
Father God, we are so grateful that Jesus was prepared to complete His journey and give us the privilege of following Him. God we thank You for the invitation and the right to come boldly before Your presence. We pray for the Holy Spirit to lead us as we awaken to love and serve as a global family, unified under Jesus by the Spirit, to Your glory, Father.

In Jesus name, Amen.

Reactions: Pearl

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
40 Day Lent

https://bible.com/reading-plans/18351/day/40?segment=0

Day 40:

Scripture:
“That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.” Philippians 3:10-11 NKJV

Reflection:

Jesus prepared himself for the passover, knowing full well what he would have to suffer. In his humanity, Jesus had become a man of deep faith, conviction and character. He accepted the role the Father gave him to suffer and accomplish what no one else could. We cannot match his suffering. But because he did, we can choose to live as he lived with deep faith, conviction, compassion and love.

Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal any lies you may be believing that are hindering you from experiencing the full expression of his love; the full benefits of his suffering. Then ask God to replace those lies with His truth. Repenting and forgiving when needed.

Praise + Prayer:
Father God, thank You for the privilege of calling You, Abba. Thank You, Jesus, for suffering on my behalf so that I can boldly partner with You. Thank You, Holy Spirit, for helping me become a unique expression of the beauty of Jesus and the love of the Father to the world around me. Thank You for the hope and promise of the resurrection.

In Jesus' name, Amen.

Reactions: Pearl

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was a good study. I plan to start another one, but taking some time off forums/social media this next week.