Youversion Bible Studies

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay!!!!

So this week the ladies on you version are doing a devo together. Fluff mentioned putting the questions on here to discuss, so thought it was a good idea. If anyone wants to join, let me know. Orbjust hop in here. Prolly have to keep the devo part on there, but you can share you responses. Has been some good discussion. :cool:

This week it is:

Adored By The God Who Sees Me

Adored By The God Who Sees Me

Day 1 Questons/scripture (devo is on page.)

Journal Prompt

Can you name some common sources we may turn to in place of God as we look for meaning, significance and fulfillment? To whom or what do you turn?

Genesis 16:13
Psalm 34:18
John 4:1-9

Reactions: DuckieLady

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Journal Prompt

Can you name some common sources we may turn to in place of God as we look for meaning, significance and fulfillment? To whom or what do you turn?
There are any number of things that people might turn to for satisfaction and fulfilment before they know Jesus. It could be in seeking relationships like the Samaritan woman, it could be drink, drugs, alcohol. Or it might be their careers or thrill seeking adventures.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Day 2 scriptures:

Matthew 5:6
John 4: 7-14

Journal Prompt:

Write a few sentences to describe the most profound needs in your life. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal any ways you might be substituting ungodly sources for answers to those needs.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Day 2 scriptures:

Matthew 5:6
John 4: 7-14

Journal Prompt:

Write a few sentences to describe the most profound needs in your life. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal any ways you might be substituting ungodly sources for answers to those needs.

My most profound needs...prolly all involves battlefield of my mind. I am my own worst enemy. I read about the Samaritan woman and think the devo's thoughts on how she may have been thinking/feeling, is right. Does God see the real me and STILL love me? Yes. Always have, always will. I like to pray the Psalm "Search me Oh God and know my heart, try me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there be any hurtful way in me, and lead me in the everlasting way."

I also wrote my thoughts on there that I am grateful for the beatitude that we will be satisfied if we hunger and thirst after righteousness. I hunger and thirst after God all the time. Time and time again, I come to Him and drink of His living water. He satisfies and comforts me.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The biggest need in my own life is more of an understanding when I read scripture. A softened heart to those who do not treat me so nicely. And faith strong as Iron! And most of all, how to apply His power to rise above frequent episodes of depression, loneliness and sometimes if I'm not VERY careful, despair.
I have to leave now so, will get back to this later :)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The biggest need in my own life is more of an understanding when I read scripture. A softened heart to those who do not treat me so nicely. And faith strong as Iron! And most of all, how to apply His power to rise above frequent episodes of depression, loneliness and sometimes if I'm not VERY careful, despair.
I have to leave now so, will get back to this later :)

Nicely put. I can relate. Helps me know what to pray specifically for you and myself.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry ladies, I'm not up to it today as I'm unwell. I will try to catch up when I'm better.

Feel better soon Pat, we need your input, lol. But, I know you have most likely done numerous things like this over the past :)
xo

Reactions: Mayflower

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry! I was out of it yesterday. Super busy. This looks good though. Nicely done. :D

For day one, I think something I might put in place of God for security ... Hmm. Before I became a Christian, actually, I'd have to say I was the same as the Samaritan woman. Romance was probably the most important thing to me. Now, I don't really believe in it all that much. I *think* romance is usually temporary. Maybe for those of you with happy marriages you can't relate to that and I'm glad.

So now not sure what it would be today. I think God has put me in a position of full reliance and I don't have a choice.

For day two, most profound needs ... I think encouragement, comfort, security. I don't have any ungodly things to give me encouragement but, as far as comfort, I think everybody knows right now that I'm trying to quit smoking because that's been my crutch through disappointment. In place for security, I haven't found anything so I kind of just feel like I'm floating through space sometimes.

Sometimes, I work really hard on things in hope that they might eventually turn out to just feel like there's a little ground under my feet but I don't know if that would be considered ungodly.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Day #3

Scriptures:
Psalm 107:8-9
John 4:15-18
1 John 1:9

Journal Prompt

As Christians, God calls each one of us to walk in freedom, not bound by guilt and shame. If you still carry guilt and shame from past mistakes, consider writing out some of the verses in today’s reading and tape them to your mirror or fridge, set them as your phone wallpaper, or commit them to memory. Let the Word of God wash your heart and mind with His loving forgiveness and fill you with the truth.

@lilygrace these verses may be good for you to look at. I did this for the longest time, posting and memorizing scriptures, as suggested by a recovery program I was in for self-injury

Yeh. This lesson spoke to me this morning. Reminded me how Jesus isnt ashamed of us. He died on the cross for us and bore all of our sin, guilt, and shame. We are completely loved, completely accepted, completely healed, and completely forgiven in Christ Jesus. There is greatness inside of each of us as my pastor says (and God tells us). We were made by God and God does not make junk.

Reactions: Rita and DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Day #3

Scriptures:
Psalm 107:8-9
John 4:15-18
1 John 1:9

Journal Prompt

As Christians, God calls each one of us to walk in freedom, not bound by guilt and shame. If you still carry guilt and shame from past mistakes, consider writing out some of the verses in today’s reading and tape them to your mirror or fridge, set them as your phone wallpaper, or commit them to memory. Let the Word of God wash your heart and mind with His loving forgiveness and fill you with the truth.

@lilygrace these verses may be good for you to look at. I did this for the longest time, posting and memorizing scriptures, as suggested by a recovery program I was in for self-injury

Yeh. This lesson spoke to me this morning. Reminded me how Jesus isnt ashamed of us. He died on the cross for us and bore all of our sin, guilt, and shame. We are completely loved, completely accepted, completely healed, and completely forgiven in Christ Jesus. There is greatness inside of each of us as my pastor says (and God tells us). We were made by God and God does not make junk.

Hmmmm.... I wasn't sure how to respond to this one. lol so I picked desktop?

desktop.png

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a little note - I am feeling a little off today and withdrawn, so if I'm not able to respond I'm just letting everyone know why cause I tend to get like that sometimes.

I'm not saying I will, but if I do and someone wants to get in contact I can send them my email. :)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Day #4

Scriptures:

John 3:16
John 4:19-26
John 14:6

“Believe me, woman, the time is coming when you Samaritans will worship the Father neither here at this mountain nor there in Jerusalem. You worship guessing in the dark; we Jews worship in the clear light of day. God’s way of salvation is made available through the Jews. But the time is coming—it has, in fact, come—when what you’re called will not matter and where you go to worship will not matter. “It’s who you are and the way you live that count before God. Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth. That’s the kind of people the Father is out looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before him in their worship. God is sheer being itself—Spirit. Those who worship him must do it out of their very being, their spirits, their true selves, in adoration.”
John 4:21‭-‬23‭, ‬23‭-‬24 MSG

Journal Prompt

Take a few minutes and realize His presence. Realize that Jesus is the living water you have been looking for. Ask Him to show you how His Word can fulfill your deepest needs. Ask Him to fill you with His presence!

downloadfile-15.jpg downloadfile-16.jpg

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My thoughts: It has only been recently that I realize Ive wasted A LOT of time on CB and CF. Not that I shouldn't be on here. My goal for these forums were fellowship and to get closer to God. And well yeh, I have over the years. I feel like lately it has gone into hyperdrive though. Like I really wasnt digging into that living water well as much as getting myself all worked up and worried about things I cannot change. God has humbled me in this and brought me back to the heart of the Gospel. The witness is Jesus Christ offered living water and I accepted that living water. That living water is for everyone that accepts it. I will spend all my days in His presence. I always want to be known as a true worshiper who worships God in Spirit and in Truth.

Reactions: DuckieLady